IVB - Graveyard.   Posted by Marshal.Group: 0
Bryan Lee
 player, 268 posts
 Texas Ranger (12/20 PP)
 P7 T6 W-1 F0 W1 R2 B1 L0
Sun 26 May 2019
at 19:35
IVB - Graveyard
"We can and most certainly will, though if you explain yourself, perhaps we can resolve this with conversation rather than force."
Obadiah Stanton
 NPC, 3 posts
Mon 27 May 2019
at 00:26
IVB - Graveyard
”No...no,” Stanton replies to Lee, taking a step back inside the tienda, ”You’re wrong. There ain’t a thing you can do. Nothin’ at all.”

OOC: To avoid any potential confusion, should anyone elect to employ force, Lee is in range to tackle/strike Stanton after taking a move action. Dr. Wayland could do the same. All of the PCs, including Castillo, possess a clean line of sight, should they wish to fire a weapon at the fugitive.
Albert Cooper
 player, 265 posts
 Gun Wizzerd
 P5 T6 W0 F0 W2 R2 B1 L0
Mon 27 May 2019
at 18:06
IVB - Graveyard
OOC: The 'position' Albert was trying to move into before anyone did anything else was with his back flat against the wall of the structure, but off to the side.

Is the assumption that he's there, or that his movement was interrupted before he did so?

Dr. Ezekiel Q. Wayland
 player, 23 posts
 Have Science.Will Travel.
 P4 T5/7 W0 F0 W0 R0 B0 L0
Tue 28 May 2019
at 02:31
IVB - Graveyard
Dr. Wayland seemed altogether put out by the man's refusal to fight /or/ give up.  He let his right hand fall away from the trigger of his strange gun; still holding it by the stock in his left hand.  His now freed hand slipped back under his coat as he continued forward towards the retreating Stanton, "Not one moah step or I will fire upon you. "  His hand returned from under his coat with a Colt revolver.  His thumb cocked the hammer smoothly as he lifted it and took aim...

It is Wayland's intention to not let Stanton retreat out of sight into the building again, but he's not much for fisticuffs with a knife fighter.  So, he'll fire if Stanton takes another step into the building...or goes for a gun, of course.
Obadiah Stanton
 NPC, 4 posts
Tue 28 May 2019
at 04:09
IVB - Graveyard
OOC: Apologies for any confusion. Yes, Cooper reached his chosen position. Bauer, in her place of cover, is in a similar situation. Both could, with a single move action, position themselves to fire at Stanton in the store’s front entrance.

Cooper, however, is the only person that has ready access to the back door of the tienda.


Stanton’s eyes dart back and forth between the ranger and the bounty hunter. He makes no move to reach for the pistol in his holster. But, seemingly unfazed by Wayland’s warning, he retreats two steps further into the vacant store, still visible in the late morning light, his gaunt figure framed in the building’s doorway.
Dr. Ezekiel Q. Wayland
 player, 26 posts
 Have Science.Will Travel.
 P4 T5/7 W0 F0 W2 R1 B0 L0
Tue 28 May 2019
at 04:45
IVB - Graveyard
Between Stanton's first and second step, Doctor Wayland squeezed the trigger....  BOOM...

To Hit - 7, 8 Damage (Specialty Ammo)
Init Draw - Red Joker

00:43, Today: Dr. Ezekiel Q. Wayland drew the single card: RJ! using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative Draw!
00:42, Today: Dr. Ezekiel Q. Wayland rolled 8 using 2d6+1, rerolling max.  Damage!
00:41, Today: Dr. Ezekiel Q. Wayland rolled 7,5 using d8+2,d6+2, rerolling max.  Shootin'!

Marshal
 GM, 462 posts
 W0 R0 B0
Tue 28 May 2019
at 11:52
IVB - Graveyard
OOC: As the good doctor has started things off, would everyone kindly provide me with an initiative draw?

In addition, Jacinta, could you also give me another Notice roll, please. You’ll be entitled to your bonuses on the roll.

06:51, Today: Obadiah Stanton drew the single card: QS using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative.

06:51, Today: Lena Bauer drew the single card: 5S using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative.

Albert Cooper
 player, 266 posts
 Gun Wizzerd
 P5 T6 W0 F0 W2 R2 B1 L0
Tue 28 May 2019
at 17:14
IVB - Graveyard
That the bounty hunter would just start with shooting after a brief conversation was a little surprising to Albert, but he supposed there was probably a reason for such. Still...they would have a chat about that later.

OOC:

10:13, Today: Albert Cooper drew the single card: 5D using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative.

Bryan Lee
 player, 270 posts
 Texas Ranger (20/20 PP)
 P7 T6 W-1 F0 W1 R2 B1 L0
Tue 28 May 2019
at 21:12
IVB - Graveyard
Bryan tensed as Wayland fired, ready to launch himself into action at a moment's notice, his body taking a stance that favored quick motion and speed if he were to drop into a run.

OOC:

Please ignore that second roll - a clicking issue.

16:08, Today: Bryan Lee rolled 21 using 1d36.
16:08, Today: Bryan Lee drew the single card: 3H using a deck of 54 cards.
16:08, Today: Bryan Lee drew the single card: 9C using a deck of 54 cards.

Jacinta Castillo
 player, 167 posts
 Half-breed Scout
 P4 T5 W0 F0 W4 R1 B2 L0
Wed 29 May 2019
at 00:16
IVB - Graveyard
From her secured hiding spot among the boulders, Jacinta swore under her breath and immediately went on guard.  Her eyes immediately darted about the town and surrounding ridges.  It wasn't the greatest place for an ambush, in her opinion.  They outnumbered the man for the moment, but that could change in a heartbeat.  There were simply far too many ways that someone could sneak up on them while they were trying to collect their bounty.


Init: 2H
Notice: 5 (or 7, if avoiding a surprise attack)


17:12, Today: Jacinta Castillo drew the single card: 2H using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative.
17:13, Today: Jacinta Castillo rolled 5,5 using d8+2,d6+2, rerolling max with rolls of 3,3.  Notice.

Marshal
 GM, 464 posts
 W0 R0 B0
Wed 29 May 2019
at 03:18
IVB - Graveyard
Initiative Order

RJ - Dr. Ezekiel Wayland
QS - Obadiah Stanton
9C - Bryan Lee
5S - Lena Bauer
5D - Albert Cooper
2H - Jacinta Castillo


Dr. Wayland’s shot is on the mark. The bounty hunter is certain of the bullet finding its target even before he squeezes the trigger. Wayland’s eyes tell him that the round should have struck Stanton somewhere in the center of his ribcage.

But the fugitive shows no response. There is an brief, audible thump as the specialized round strikes something, but the killer is wholly unshaken. He shows no sign of injury.

Doctor, you have the option to go first, if you so choose.


Watching the scene unfold in the town below, Castillo is suddenly aware of a single set of footsteps, approaching the edge of the ridge above her at a steady gait. Whoever is drawing close is making no attempt to be quiet, their stride casual and unhurried.

OOC: Jacinta, you don’t have to wait for your turn in the initiative order to respond to what you’ve perceived. However, depending on what action you take, you may limit your ability to respond to what is unfolding in Angus.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:52, Wed 29 May 2019.

Jacinta Castillo
 player, 169 posts
 Half-breed Scout
 P4 T5 W0 F0 W4 R2 B2 L0
Wed 29 May 2019
at 07:49
IVB - Graveyard
Hearing the footsteps from above, Jacinta turned and aimed her rifle in that direction, searching for a new target.  The boys had the town covered, but they were all too far away to hear footsteps along the ridge.  She hoped it was friend and not foe, but in this place, one never could be too careful.  Her finger curled around the trigger.
Dr. Ezekiel Q. Wayland
 player, 28 posts
 Have Science.Will Travel.
 P4 T5/7 W0 F0 W3 R1 B0 L0
Wed 29 May 2019
at 08:32
IVB - Graveyard
Dr. Wayland's eyes narrowed inquisitively at the seeming failure of the first round and it gave him pause...  Just a moment, but paused all the same as he considered....

I choose not to go before I see what Obadiah might do...  If he goes for a weapon or any such threat, I'd like to Interrupt...
Obadiah Stanton
 NPC, 5 posts
Wed 29 May 2019
at 20:19
IVB - Graveyard
Eyes widening at the sound of the report, Stanton takes another pair of steps backward, then turns left, retreating out of view and into the dim interior of the tienda.

Initiative Order

RJ - Dr. Ezekiel Wayland (Holding)
QS - Obadiah Stanton
9C - Bryan Lee
5S - Lena Bauer
5D - Albert Cooper
2H - Jacinta Castillo

Ranger, it’s your turn. Dr. Wayland, you may also act, if you so choose.

For further clarification, if Lee or Wayland (or both) elected to pursue Stanton through the front door, they would likely be able to reach the fugitive with a single move action. Lee could also round the building and reach the rear entrance with a move action, but wouldn’t be able to enter the abandoned store until the following turn, unless he chose to run.

Jim McDaniels
 NPC, 14 posts
Wed 29 May 2019
at 20:20
IVB - Graveyard
A moment later, a figure appears, almost directly north of Castillo’s position. The scout immediately recognizes the attire and the slender frame of the newcomer, having encountered him previously at the Thornton-Curry. It is Jim McDaniels, his dark colored hat pulled down low on his brow.

He pauses to survey the scene in Angus, lighting a cigar with a match before beginning to descend the slope. ”Mornin’,” he tells Castillo. ”Looks like an eventful one at that. Poor bastard picked the wrong place to hide.”
Bryan Lee
 player, 272 posts
 Texas Ranger (20/20 PP)
 P7 T6 W-1 F0 W1 R3 B1 L0
Thu 30 May 2019
at 02:06
IVB - Graveyard
A blur of motion, Lee scrambled towards the interior, aiming two swift punches at the outlaw, hoping to capture the man alive rather than dead. These days it wasn't quite as true that dead men told no tales, but they needed less of that sort around than more.

"If you surrender, this will go easier for you."

OOC:

Activated Quickness, then made a Wild Attack plus a Wing Chun Wild Attack (didn't include that on the dice roller for attack rolls, but that's what I've been doing).

Quickness: 1/3

Bryan's Parry is reduced to 5 until his next action.

Fighting: 7
Fighting: 4

I don't know Stanton's Parry, so no idea if either of those hit, but I figure if either did it would only be the first one.

Damage: 7 (don't think that cracks Stanton's Toughness based on Wayland's earlier attack)

Initiative: 9S

21:03, Today: Bryan Lee drew the single card: 9S using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative.
21:01, Today: Bryan Lee rolled 7 using d6+d4+2, rerolling max with rolls of 4,1.
21:00, Today: Bryan Lee rolled 1,2 using d10,d6, rerolling max.  Fighting: Superior Kung Fu.
20:59, Today: Bryan Lee rolled 5,4 using d10,d6, rerolling max.  Fighting.
20:59, Today: Bryan Lee rolled 4,3 using d6,d6, rerolling max.  White Chip Reroll.
20:59, Today: Bryan Lee rolled 2,2 using d6,d6, rerolling max.  Quickness.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:06, Thu 30 May 2019.

Jacinta Castillo
 player, 170 posts
 Half-breed Scout
 P4 T5 W0 F0 W4 R2 B2 L0
Thu 30 May 2019
at 06:19
IVB - Graveyard
Jacinta didn't lower her rifle, but she didn't pull the trigger.  "If you're lost, gringo, best get elsewhere.  Ain't looking for trouble from the outside, but won't hesitate to put down those that seek to interfere."
Dr. Ezekiel Q. Wayland
 player, 29 posts
 Have Science.Will Travel.
 P4 T5/7 W0 F0 W3 R1 B0 L0
Thu 30 May 2019
at 08:44
IVB - Graveyard
Dr. Wayland pulled his pistol back and tilting it up to a safer direction as the Ranger dove in, "Well... Damn..."  He cocked his lightning gun against his shoulder as carefully as he could to keep it out of the way as he charged in after Lee.  Pistol still in hand, Wayland quickly checked the other directions in the Tienda while  the pummeling commenced.  Doors and corners....

So, Doc is going to follow Lee and back him up.  Checking to make sure there's no one else....etc...etc...  Happy to shoot them too, if someone threatening is in there...
Obadiah Stanton
 NPC, 6 posts
Thu 30 May 2019
at 19:03
IVB - Graveyard
With shocking speed, Lee pursues the retreating fugitive into the store, catching up to him in the large, dimly lit main room of the building. A few empty tables and a long, dusty counter comprise the only furniture. Vacant shelves line two of the walls.

Stanton turns, surprise registering on his face as Lee throws his first blow, a sharp punch that that is perfectly aimed at the man’s jaw.

Lee’s hand passes harmlessly through Stanton, as though the fugitive’s body is comprised of nothing but air. The Ranger’s follow up attack, a strike to the stomach, meets the same result.

Dr. Wayland enters the tienda just in time to see the outcome of Lee’s attack.

”I wasn’t...I wasn’t lyin’,” the killer says, ”I can’t leave here.”

As Lee and Wayland’s eyes adjust to the low light, both see a figure seated in front of the shop counter, leaning against it. The man’s hat is askew and both of his hands grasp his abdomen, which appears to have been torn open, likely with a weapon such as a long bladed knife. Dried blood stains his clothes and the floor around him. Both the ranger and the bounty recognize that he has been dead for several days.

Looking at the corpse’s face, the dead man’s identity becomes quickly apparent. It is Obadiah Stanton.

The Stanton who was unharmed by Lee and Wayland’s attacks, speaks again. ”See? Do you see?”
Lena Bauer
 NPC, 55 posts
Thu 30 May 2019
at 19:03
IVB - Graveyard
Shotgun in hand, Bauer dashes across the street, rounding the corner of the tienda as she moves for the building’s back door.

Initiative Order

RJ - Dr. Ezekiel Wayland (Holding)
QS - Obadiah Stanton
9C - Bryan Lee
5S - Lena Bauer

5D - Albert Cooper
2H - Jacinta Castillo

Your turn, Mr. Cooper. Castillo is currently concerned with confronting Jim McDaniels.

Jim McDaniels
 NPC, 15 posts
Thu 30 May 2019
at 19:03
IVB - Graveyard
McDaniels’ lips curl into a sardonic smile. He takes a draw on his cigar and exhales, the air filling with the scent of cloves and sage.

”Interfere,” he says, shaking his head. ”I’m not the one trespassing, am I?”

“That bounty hunter who’s after Stanton, he’s got an excuse. He’s just lookin’ to get paid. The rest of you...well, you’re here tryin’ to poke your head into business that doesn’t concern you. Not at all.”


He takes the cigar from his mouth and tosses it down the slope. It flares with a brief, blue light as it strikes the ground. A moment later, the remnants of mist that linger in Angus’ empty streets briefly glow with the same odd color.

”You had any sense, you’d skedaddle. But you won’t. You came here with trouble on your mind.”

OOC: Bauer and Cooper, who are still outside, perceive the pulse of light traveling through the ankle high haze.
Albert Cooper
 player, 269 posts
 Gun Wizzerd
 P5 T6 W0 F0 W3 R2 B1 L0
Thu 30 May 2019
at 21:50
IVB - Graveyard
As he is so conveniently located near the back door, Albert made use of the alternate entrance and surveyed the scene before him.

He patted Ezekiel on the back. "Welp, nice job, Doc. I think that there's what we need fer the bounty." Albert gestured toward the dead body. "Not zactly the way I woulda done it, but it seems like we're all 'bout ta getta little richer."

He looked over at the door. "You wanna get the arms and I get the feet so we can tote this feller outta here?"
Jacinta Castillo
 player, 171 posts
 Half-breed Scout
 P4 T5 W0 F0 W4 R2 B2 L0
Fri 31 May 2019
at 06:48
IVB - Graveyard
"We're all after that bounty, pendejo," Jacinta argued.  "Got nothing but lint and crumbs in my pocket just now.  That man is worth a lot of money, dead or alive.  What do you know about it?"

This message was last edited by the player at 00:29, Thu 04 July 2019.

Dr. Ezekiel Q. Wayland
 player, 30 posts
 Have Science.Will Travel.
 P4 T5/7 W0 F0 W3 R1 B0 L0
Fri 31 May 2019
at 08:13
IVB - Graveyard

Dr. Wayland's head tilted slightly as he regarded the body, his voice low "Now now....how...dead.... slashed.... long blade....  blade...blathe...."  His eye then turned to the /other/ standing Stanton, curiously confused.  The pat on the back jerked him up in surprise, luckily he maintained control of his pistol and kept it pointed at the floor, "I'm...  Well...  Perhaps we should take a moment to... investigate?"  He seemed unsure if that was in fact the correct word.  He looked again at the insubstantial Stanton, "I have...  questions..."
Bryan Lee
 player, 276 posts
 Texas Ranger (16/20 PP)
 P7 T6 W-1 F0 W0 R3 B2 L0
Fri 31 May 2019
at 16:06
IVB - Graveyard
"Why can't you leave?" he asked the ghost. "Who killed you?"