IC2: Forging a Path.   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Game Master
 GM, 443 posts
Tue 27 Nov 2018
at 21:01
Re: Forging a Path
Eryn, Mouse, and Ilura were able to spend their time productively, getting baths, buying their last supplies, and recruiting some other potential helpers for their voyage. Ilura managed to get some advice about the bodies, and was informed that they would be resistant to resurrection if they were infused with Holy Water. Living people could drink Holy water to resist being resurrected after death, or they could be soaked in it after death. It would only be a temporary effect though.

By the time the sun was starting to lower in the sky, the three adventurers and Westly were standing near a fountain in a nearby park, looking over the four individuals who had answered their call for aid. However, Markhain was a large city with people from all over the world gathered in one place. The people who offered their services were probably not exactly what the adventurers had in mind...

Name: Silas Massasauga
Description: Silas is a human man with a muscular physique, many piercings, and tattoos that cover his bare head and chest. He has several venomous snakes that writhe around his arms and neck, and he claims to be a sword-swallower too.
Loyalty: 1
Cost: Thrill of Victory
Skills: Warrior 4, Protector 2

Name: Opal
Description: Opal is actually a small gargoyle, about the same size as Thomas. They have an opaline, toad-like body, with claws and batty wings. The gargoyle has a happy demeanor and protective attitude. They like to perch on shoulders to be able jump into harm's way at a moment's notice.
Loyalty: 2
Cost: Good Accomplished
Skills: Protector 4

Name: Lady Mirrorsheen Addlesnap Smokewisp the Second
Description: Lady Mirrorsheen is a graying fairy with dragonfly wings, a sparkling dress, and a tiny magic wand. She is also about the same size as Thomas. She has a bit of a haughty attitude, but is a skilled practitioner of fairy magic and devout believer in the "Way of the Fae."
Loyalty: 1
Cost: Uncovered Knowledge
Skills: Adept 4, Priest 2

Name: Agronaria Deathcap
Description: Agronaria is a tall, thin, elven woman. She has long straight black hair, pale skin, and wears black leathers with spikes adorning it. Her smile can only be described as vicious and eager. She has several ornate daggers strapped to a belt that hangs over one shoulder. Around her neck hangs a pendant bearing the symbol of a sacrificial god.
Loyalty: 0
Cost: Thrill of Victory
Skills: Priest 4, Warrior 2, Adept 3

What do you do?



As I mentioned in OOC, whoever went to the bathhouse can heal half of their HP as if they rested. Nobody has to mark off a ration though, since they recently ate chowder at the bazaar and/or swallowed a pelican whole. Feel free to Level Up too if you have enough XP.

You can easily make your purchases too. Mouse, you can find decent shoes for 1 coin each. Two coins for two shoes. If you would rather steal them, being a thief and all, then you'll need to make a roll instead.

For the recruits, on a 7-9, you’ll have to settle for someone close to what you want or turn them away. Hence the odd assortment above. It sounded like your group was looking for a Warrior, Protector, Adept, and Priest, so I included one person more focused on each specialty. You can select 0-4 of the available recruits.

Ilura
 player, 446 posts
 Human female ranger
Wed 28 Nov 2018
at 21:12
Re: Forging a Path
Ilura stopped at the temple first.  She'd never actually been in one of Lusiny's temples previously.  It was an understated building made mostly of stone with white- robed accolites wandering the hallways.  She was disappointed there was no permanent way to prevent the use of the bodies.  However, temporary was better than nothing.  She explained the situation and asked if she could have a few bottles.  Unfortunately the prelate had seen no sign of Marcus.

Her second stop was to pick up the rapier she'd looked at previously.  She also picked up a small hunting dagger.

Finally she stopped by the wolf people to ensure the fish had been delivered.

Not sure I'll have time to hit the bathes after all that...
Game Master
 GM, 450 posts
Wed 28 Nov 2018
at 22:51
Re: Forging a Path
Ilura was easily able to purchase her remaining supplies from the vendor she had visited earlier, and the ranger was pleased to see that the fish had found their way to Snarl-Maw's people.

Before that though, there was a small snag at the temple of Lusiny. The clergy there informed Ilura that the amout of holy water she would need for several giants, as well as a collection of normal-sized bodies, would be quite considerable. All the same, they brought her out a keg's worth of the stuff. Normally they asked for a freewill donation for a small vial of holy water, but they offered Ilura the entire keg for free when she dropped the name Yordakin Qizproteus.



Ilura
You get your supplies without problem. Make sure to subtract their costs and add their weights if you haven't already. The keg of holy water has weight 4, but is free. You can definitely carry it, but keep overencumbrance in mind if anything should occur that requires a roll. The clergymen also supplied you with a paintbrush to help apply the water when you get to that point.
quote:
Encumbrance
When you make a move while carrying weight you may be encumbered. If your weight carried is:

Equal to or less than your load, you suffer no penalty
Less than or equal to your load+2, you take -1 ongoing until you lighten your burden
Greater than your load+2, you have a choice: drop at least 1 weight and roll at -1, or automatically fail

Ilura
 player, 447 posts
 Human female ranger
Thu 29 Nov 2018
at 14:19
Re: Forging a Path
Ilura stowed the keg on the ship, then went looking for her friends.

Presume no time to bathe?  Don't have my books handy and don't know how much coin I  got from Erin
Game Master
 GM, 451 posts
Thu 29 Nov 2018
at 15:17
Re: Forging a Path
We'll say getting the holy water and info took about an hour, plus another half hour to get it back to the ship. Then another hour and a half to buy supplies and check on the wolf people. That's three hours total. I would say you would have about an hour's worth of time to relax and have a bath if you would like before you meet up with the new recruits. Feel free to add back half your HP.

I don't remember what type of rapier you were buying, but here is the price/weight of both types, as well as a knife:
Rapier; close, precise, 25 coins, 1 weight
Dueling Rapier; close, 1 piercing, precise, 50 coins, 2 weight
Dagger, Shiv, Knife; hand, 2 coins, 1 weight

Eryn
 player, 410 posts
 Human Female Warrior
Fri 30 Nov 2018
at 07:24
Re: Forging a Path
Ilura: You can have 150 coin from me. Just tell me how much you spend and I'll subtract it afterwards.
Game Master
 GM, 456 posts
Thu 6 Dec 2018
at 04:52
Re: Forging a Path
22:10, Tue 27 Nov: Mouse rolled 7 using 2d6+2.  Pickpocket.
The drawback chosen was Danger.




As the group gathered near the fountain, Mouse sat on its edge next to the gargoyle, counting the coins they had "borrowed" to purchase their new shoes. When the halfling got near the bottom of the coin pouch, they noticed one of the gold discs had a strange marking etched into its surface. As Mouse picked it up, the coin dissolved into a fine powder that was quickly whisked away by a slight breeze. But while the strange coin was gone, it left a lingering effect. Mouse soon noticed that their fingers were becoming rigid and taking on a bark-like texture. Any attempt to move them was met with a painful feeling, like splintering wood.

"Looks like been struck with a minor Bark-blight curse, deary," Lady Mirrorsheen commented as she fluttered over Mouse's shoulder and gave a grandmotherly shake of her head. "I'm afraid your fingers will be stuck like that for quite some time. Midnight, probably. Try not to move your fingers in the meantime. You will only cause yourself harm if you do."

"I got paid with a coin like that once," Silas said. His snakes coiled lazily around his neck as he spoke.  "Rich yuppies like to pull stunts like that just for kicks. Got more cash than common decency sometimes."

"Hey, if you got the coin, why not?" Agronaria Deathcap said from a few paces away. She seemed mostly disinterested in the conversation as she tested the point of one of her daggers against each of her fingertips. "So. Ya hiring us or not? If not, I would like ta find an inn to stay at before that storm rolls in." The elf poked a dagger toward the horizon where lighting was flickering out over the sea. The sun was getting low in the sky now too. There was probably less than an hour before sunset, when Captain Frost's ship would be leaving port.

What do you do?



Mouse
There was a cursed coin hiding among your "earnings." Your fingers are made of wood until midnight. Any time you do something dexterous with your fingers (shoot a bow, make a fist, play an instrument, etc.), take one damage from the splintering. You still got new shoes and 80 coins though.

Eryn
 player, 412 posts
 Human Female Warrior
Thu 6 Dec 2018
at 20:45
Re: Forging a Path
"We'll need a pair of strong arms and quite possibly some magic," Eryn said, while trying her best to avoid making a comment on what she thought of Mouse's choice of activity. "No offense to you, lady, but I think we have enough fighters for the time being. Thank you for applying, though. To not make it a complete loss for you, have a drink on me." She flipped a coin to Agronaria, but she knew the elven warrior would have caught on to the real intention behind the dismissal. The two of them hadn't gotten off on the right note when they first met, and Eryn knew from muttered conversation with Mouse and Ilura that they wouldn't be able to trust each other. On a dangerous mission, trust was essential.

Silas wasn't your typical brawler - with the snakes and all that - but the large man would blend in more easily as a traveling entertainer on board the ship than a dagger-wielding elf obviously out for blood. The two others - the fairy and the gargoyle - would pass as his circus menagerie. Eryn knew saying that out loud would be more than a tad racist, however, so she bit her tongue whenever the thought struck her. Lady Mirrorsheen seemed to be a proper woman, and there was no need to insult her with jokes even if they weren't meant to be mean-spirited.

Now that they had all rested up and recruited new people who were willing to join their mission, they barely had any time left before the ship would set sail. Eryn knew that the mutiny against Captain Frost may happen at any time after they left the harbor, and that it could be that same night if opportunity struck. Though she herself was ready, she was not sure if the same could be said about the recruits. Mouse would hopefully recover in time, but still... The warrior felt uneasy. The lack of a clear plan became more and more apparent as the time of battle drew nearer. They would be outnumbered, certainly, for she could not count on Brigg's word that all his men would remain on his side when the news were announced. The rumbling skies would cause the sea to rock and give the advantage to the more sea-hardy sailors. And once they had the ship, what then? They would have to imprison half the crew, or else watch their backs for the entire trip. What a nightmare it would be.

Nightmare, she thought, and gazed towards the setting sun. She recalled her tumultuous dream from last night, and the strange voices it had brought upon her later. Eryn had mulled it over all day, but never had a chance to truly focus on what she had thought to do. Yet now was as good time as any. She decided to give it a whirl.

Spirits, are you still there? Eryn thought to herself, enunciating the words in her mind as if speaking to some invisible person. Would she need a spell? No, the connection was with her weapon and her ancestors, she was certain. Her hand clenched firmly around the spear at her side. If you are, and you know what is about to happen, I would like to ask you for advice. Is tonight the right time to do battle, or should we wait for clearer skies?


21:44, Today: Eryn rolled 10 using 2d6+2.  Heirloom (Advice about the potential for mutiny).
Game Master
 GM, 457 posts
Mon 10 Dec 2018
at 20:19
Re: Forging a Path
After being tossed a coin, Agronaria crinkled her nose in annoyance and wandered off, mumbling to herself. "What a waste of time. Bunch of elf-racist, religiously intolerant, do-gooders. Why do I even try? They'd probably be better off as sacrifices anyway. At least now I don't have to be on a ship in the storm at night..." Despite her bitter attitude, the elf left without incident.

As Eryn's soul reached out to the spirits tied to her weapon, a tingling sensation surged through her body. Almost as if her entire nervous system had the foot-asleep feeling for a brief moment. When it passed, the warrior could hear familiar voices in her head.

"There is no denying it Johnathan. She knows we are here and is consciously seeking us out."

A sarcastic male voice replied. "Really Ramona? I hadn't noticed."

"Once an ass, always an ass." Although she couldn't see anyone, Eryn could sense Ramona's spirit turning her attention toward her. "I apologize for him Eryn. He never has been a tactful individual. I... Sorry. We, would be happy to offer you our guidance."

"You want to know what is about to happen? We don't know. We're not fortune tellers ya know."

"Hush Johnathan. That's not what she meant and you know it. She wants guidance. Recommendations. And I recommend you wait until daybreak, after the waters have calmed and the captain and crew have been up all night manning the storm. You will have the advantage then."

Johnathan chuckled. "Oh really? You think these "landlubbers" will be well rested after a night on the stormy sea? They'll be puking their guts up. Not to mention their allies on the ship will be just as tired as the rest of the crew. Not to mention, who knows if the storm would even be done by daybreak. Maybe it will be stormy all week."

"Fair point. What do you suggest then?"

"Convince the captain to put her chips in with you. Work with her to double-cross Yordakin Qizproteus. Your group seems to plan on doing that anyway, so might as well have her help you."

"Just when I am about to give up on you, you come up with a plan that is actually helpf-"

"Either that or stab her in her sleep."

"There it is."

"No captain, no problem, right? Once she's gone, dump the contraband overboard with Brigg's help."

Eryn could sense Ramona shaking her head in incredulity. "Well Eryn my child, I wish we truly were fortunetellers who could divine your future for you, but alas, we are not. However, we did give you some insights into thee potential futures for you. Which of the three paths to your destiny speaks loudest to you? Taking advantage of their exhaustion, convincing Frost to defy her contract and aid your group, or assassination and sabotage?"
Ilura
 player, 450 posts
 Human female ranger
Tue 11 Dec 2018
at 22:51
Re: Forging a Path
Ilura almost had a smile on her face as she approached the ship.  She was pleased with her new weapons.  Though it had a good heft to it, the rapier danced nicely in response to her movements and she was confident it would be more effective than the stained sword she'd traded in.  The dagger wasn't fancy but it had a nice edge and would serve well in her off-hand.

Plus she'd enjoyed her brief experience beneath the waves and in the air.  Exchanging forms could be quite liberating, though a close call with a marlin had reminded her that caution was needed regardless of form and environment.

The bath hadn't hurt either.

Reaching the docks, she saw the mix of hirelings present.  She had to admit that the expansion of the party made her a tad uncomfortable.  More people tended to attract attention and she preferred to move in stealth.  However, where they were going, more support was going to be needed.  And on the plus side, the new companions wouldn't take up much room.

I've added forms warf rat, seagull, minnow and tuna

Dueling rapier (50 coins), dagger (2 coins), sold short sword (4 coins), so that means after my initial 21 coins,  I need 27 coins.  If it works, I'll take 50 and hold onto 23 for the future.

Shall we each take one of the hirelings to manage?  Who wants who?

Eryn
 player, 414 posts
 Human Female Warrior
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 08:30
Re: Forging a Path
Reaching the spirits again so easily was unexpected, but their familiar tone and helpful nature made the experience intriguing rather than daunting. Their names - Jonathan and Ramona - she had already committed to memory, though their connection to Eryn's family remained uncertain to her, muddled by the passage of time. They spoke of the same options the warrior had considered herself, but hearing them being discussed by others made them easier to judge objectively.

Jonathan is right, she thought, the storm will make us unable to contribute much in hand-to-hand combat without risking a fatal slip-up. Eryn paused for a moment to think, but when she felt Ramona's presence shift as if about to speak, she continued: On the other hand, Frost is unlikely to accept our help. An actual devil binds her, and that is not possible to hide from without great magical aid. Still, we may try - I could request an audience with the captain, perhaps with Briggs and the 'problematic' officer he mentioned present as her advisers. That should lower her guard so we may subdue her by force if necessary. We can do it swiftly in the night, away from the rest of the crew.

Eryn glanced at her newfound allies - the halfing, the fairy, the gargoyle, the show-off, the muscle man - and rubbed her chin contemplatively. She could sense that Ilura wasn't entirely happy with the arrangement. These people were certainly not a replacement for a knight blessed by the divine like Marcus had been, but Eryn kept her hopes up. She sensed that the recruits may have untapped potential.

It's easy enough to keep the gang loitering outside the cabin, ready for action, she thought, still addressing the spirits through the bond with her weapon. The question is if the captain will be willing to speak with us at all. We should go to her tonight and voice our concerns, under the pretense of discussing the trip ahead of us. If the talk makes her seem to dangerous to fight head-on... I may consider Jonathan's advice.

I would like to resolve this peacefully, if possible. Jonathan speaks to my instincts, however. The path I will walk remains to be seen, but I thank you for your counsel. I will discuss my thoughts with my allies before deciding.

***

"Ilura, Mouse," she spoke in a low voice whilst tapping each of them gently on the shoulder. "Are you all set? We need a solid plan of action going ahead, and I don't trust anyone else."


Ilura: Alright. I've subtracted 50 coin from my supply.

I have Wesley and you have Bolen, so I guess we could keep track of one NPC each while Mouse takes the other two? I'll just go alphabetically and pick Mirrorsheen.

Ilura
 player, 452 posts
 Human female ranger
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 15:55
Re: Forging a Path
Ilura's gaze flicked from Eryn to Mouse and back again, her eyebrow raised.  Yes, the halfling had proved herself effective in a fight, but there was a big leap between that and "only ones I trust".  Perhaps something had happened when she'd been out flying...

"A plan sounds wise.  Best to get aboard and see if we can find a place to chat."

The good news was that the crew was actively preparing for departure, which left ample space in the crew quarters.

"I don't feel comfortable harming the captain without understanding her side of things.  The contract is to deliver the bodies.  We can allow her to fulfill the contract, but render the bodies temporarily unuseable, then focus on killing the intended recipient.  She keeps her soul and we keep the Overlord from coming back.

If she's not open to that, we can consider other possibilities."

Eryn
 player, 415 posts
 Human Female Warrior
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 17:15
Re: Forging a Path
"I agree, but how do you propose we make the bodies unusable without breaking the contract? It specified 'complete remains', and we don't know for sure what they need them for yet. If we damage them we may end up dooming the captain no matter our intentions."
Ilura
 player, 454 posts
 Human female ranger
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 17:42
Re: Forging a Path
"The priest at Luciny's temple said that holy water will prevent their use in vile rituals - at least for a while.  I don't think it will damage them.  The contract called for the remains to be 'fresh' and 'complete'.  It didn't say anything about annimatable..."
Eryn
 player, 417 posts
 Human Female Warrior
Tue 1 Jan 2019
at 18:11
Re: Forging a Path
"You are right. I still fear there may be other options we have not thought of, but dark magic sounds like the safest guess. I can't think of any other good use for fresh corpses that couldn't be accomplished in an easier way than shipping the resources across the sea, unless distilling a potion from their organs qualifies as 'opportunistic' rather than 'evil'." Eryn cocked her head to the side while wondering. "Would Luciny be able to prevent a mundane task from being done, if the person's intentions were evil? Could we perhaps deliver the corpses, but leave them inside a magic ward of some kind so they could not be touched at all by our enemies?"
Ilura
 player, 455 posts
 Human female ranger
Tue 1 Jan 2019
at 18:43
Re: Forging a Path
"It might be possible to create a ward that would prevent approach by those of evil intent, but I fear it would not stop those of good heart from approaching if they are coerced.  And the treatment of our lady captain shows that our enemy is far to comfortable using coersion.  Also, if the recipient cannot approach, it might be hard to fulfill the contract term of "delivery".

Another option might be to include the seeds of destruction within the delivery.  If we delivery fresh and complete, but can cause them to be burned or dissolved before they can be put to use, it may be that we can meet the letter of the contract while not meeting its objectives - and perhaps taking some of our opponents lackeys out in the process.

Unfortunately, I know of no natural means of doing this..."


She paused briefly, thinking of the infected bird from earlier in the day.

"Well, perhaps I know of one, but it would be difficult, dangerous and uncertain of success.

I wonder if our circus performer friend might have a friend who would know how to formulate something appropriate.

We should check with the captain to see if she still plans to sail with that storm on the horizon.  More time would be advantageous..."

Game Master
 GM, 464 posts
Fri 4 Jan 2019
at 20:20
Re: Forging a Path
Silace's head turned toward Ilura when she mentioned her "circus performer friend." He looked slightly offended, but not enough to make it into an issue. However, he did have something else to say. "I'm not sure why you think I would have a friend that could help you. I'm not from around here and- Wait a minute. I take that back. There is one guy who bought venom from my cobra and my viper. Paid a fair amount for it too. I suppose he may know how to concoct something you would be interested in..." He looked to the adventurers questioningly, as if to ask if they wanted him to lead them to the poison-buyer, or continue following them to the ship.

The party was quite close to the shipyard now. The sky was gray and dark, even for this late hour. A stiff breeze was blowing in from the harbor, carrying with it the scent of saltwater and the tang of lightning from the coming storm. Streets were mostly empty now, with the only people still out and about being the ones that absolutely had to be. Which made it easy to spot the familiar face up ahead.

Near the entrance to the shipyard was Marcus, heading toward the pier wher Captain Frost's ship was docked. Marcus looked different though. One of his arms appeared to be transformed. Alongside the paladin was a triton woman. A type of humanoid that was rare to see out of the water, even in a place like Markhain. She had flowing hair and clothing that seemed to be aristocratic in nature, made from a strange material.

What do you do?



Marcus and Sybilla, you are free to post. Who has met Sybilla before? Feel free to create bonds. Marcus, please describe your new arm.
Marcus
 player, 194 posts
 The Silver Light
 Shines in the night.
Fri 4 Jan 2019
at 21:14
Re: Forging a Path
After doing what he could for Bolen with Captain's help, the events of the past two days sank in and Marcus took a leave to reexamine his path. It felt as if the darkness surrounding the plot they uncovered threatened to smother his faith. At first, he thought to visit the temple but realized that he needed a more raw connection. In the end, he opted for the edge of the forest near the shore where he had waited for the silver sphere to rise. His commune went well enough for him to return to the ship, and had even resulted in an unexpected companion.

At the sight of the women, Marcus waved, his right hand covered in tiny shards that reflected what little light there was. When they approached they'd notice there were more of them than initially appeared, as some of them held darkness within them which did its best to absorb any rays entering the crystal structure. From the looks of it, the grows extended from the back of his hand and up his arm.

Paladin's lips twitched but he didn't manage a smile, but his eyes welcomed the sight of his companions, although they grew wide at the strange company they gathered. "It seems introductions are in order." he nodded at each of the hirelings in turn. "I am Marcus, a servant of Lusiny."
Sybilla
 player, 85 posts
 HP: 16/19
 XP: 0
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 00:21
Re: Forging a Path
The triton woman wiped off her clothes. While oil and other water dripped off the seal-like material rather easy it had the bad habit of catching every bit of dust. She smiled and said to everyone "Sybilla, swashbuckler extroidanaire."

Sybilla then glanced at the rag-tag group. "Seems like a fine group we have here. Look forward to seeing how you all handle yourself." She makes mock sword fighting gestures.
Eryn
 player, 418 posts
 Human Female Warrior
Sun 6 Jan 2019
at 21:50
Re: Forging a Path
"I agree," Eryn replied to Ilura. "Before I was worried we may be too late to stop the ritual, but now that we have a firmer grasp of these dark dealings I believe it would be best to delay a short time, in order to prepare ourselves." The warrior looked over at Silas, and was about to ask him if trading poison was entirely legal, when she noticed Marcus wave at the group. The sight of the paladin made her forget her train of thought, for whatever he and Hiran had been up to, she knew it would have been important.

"Good to see you, Marcus," she said, looking from him to Sybilla. "I can tell the two of us will have to cross swords later. A sparring partner would be good to have."

Though jolly at first, Eryn's mood soon turned serious. "The ship will sail soon, unless the storm keeps it docked," she explained, and indicated the vessel to Sybilla. "Ilura and I were just discussing how to best deal with the shady business the captain has gotten tangled up in. An officer approached me about it earlier, and we may be looking at a mutiny if no mutual agreement is possible. Did you had any luck with the curse, by the way? Your arm looks better... I think?"


I don't think Eryn has met Sybilla before, but I would be happy to make a bond related to martial training, daring adventures (Eryn prefers that over her mundane past work), or perhaps something else.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:51, Sun 06 Jan 2019.

Ilura
 player, 458 posts
 Human female ranger
Mon 7 Jan 2019
at 05:34
Re: Forging a Path
"I'm sorry for giving offense.  I wasn't thinking of poison - I doubt that will stop the malign use of the bodies.  Rather, I was thinking of something that might destroy them utterly  - for example, burning them or exploding them.  I was thinking of an Iluminator or something like tha.."

She caught sight of Marcus and her face lit up, then cycled through a few expressions as she tried to decide whether she was more annoyed or more happy he'd returned.  It settled on concern as she caught sight of his arm.

"It looks like things didn't go exactly according to plan...  I'm sorry I took so long and wasn't here to help you.  Are you ok?"

Her eyes shifted to the newcomer and she gave a quick nod of welcome, but her attention remained focused primarily on her friend.
Marcus
 player, 197 posts
 The Silver Light
 Shines in the night.
Mon 7 Jan 2019
at 11:43
Re: Forging a Path
Marcus flexed his crystal covered fist, showing that he has full mobility in the limb and he managed a slight smile "Bolen is much better. Frost did good work, and I managed to keep pace with her." he relaxed the fist and his smile dropped "Barely."

"We all had our work to do." He shook his head to chase off the concern and nodded towards the ship "And I am certainly better. I found needed clarity. And we can continue with what's ahead of us." He gestured for Eryn to lead the way. "As unfortunate as it is."
Ilura
 player, 461 posts
 Human female ranger
Tue 8 Jan 2019
at 21:48
Re: Forging a Path
Ilura nodded, glad that at least Bolen had been cured.  She turned her attention to Sybilla and extended her hand.

"I'm Ilura.  Did Marcus fill you in on what we're up to?"
Sybilla
 player, 89 posts
 HP: 16/19
 XP: 0
Tue 8 Jan 2019
at 23:05
Re: Forging a Path
Sybilla shrugged and said "Mr. Holy Fist over there," She cocked her head in Marcus's direction Let me in on the gist. Followed by an unneeded call to arms against the forces of the evil overlord. If there's coin to be had and favors to collect from mutinous sailors I'll be in on this." She regretted to mention whether or not the call to arms was unneeded because she was ready to take up arms or because she didnt care about his forces.
Game Master
 GM, 470 posts
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 17:12
Re: Forging a Path
After introductions were made between the party members and four hirelings (two humans, a tiny gargoyle, and an aged fairy), the party eventually made their way toward Captain Frost's ship.

Please make further posts in the new thread, Making Waves. (coming soon)