1: Borne on Dragon's Breath.   Posted by The GM.Group: 0
The GM
 GM, 44 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Wed 9 May 2018
at 20:15
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath

he Stormship Balinor's Breath was a thing of wonder.  Sixty-three feet at the beam and two hundred and sixty feet long, the Balinor's Breath dwarfed any of the airships Samuel had seen. She mounted two ballista and could accommodate two more, and there was room for two hundred dragoons. It was closer to twenty, now, guarding the ship herself as she made her way across the Straits of Shargon towards Stormreach. The figurehead was a green dragon, referencing an uncommon, but well known belief that the Sovereign had once roamed the world in the form of one such dragon.

The Dragoons were returning to their home, as was their Lt. Commander Trey Perrin. The Commander deferred to the Navigator in matters of the bound elemental, but he was keen and watchful over the actions Samuel took.

The other passengers were a nod to the cost of shipping the Balinor's Breath, or perhaps their transport was repayment of some debts that House Lyrandar owed. There was a trio of nobles, whom Samuel had thus far avoided, lest familiarity bring some consequences. Also there was a young cleric of the Silver Flame whose eagerness to arrive at Stomreach was hardly contained.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:22, Fri 05 July.

Samuel
 player, 4 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 22:19
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Samuel did his best to steer clear of all of the passengers, going from his bunk, to the dining quarters, to his duty station and back with few steps outside of those paths unless it was under the cover of dark when he would go out and stare at the stars on his own leaning against the starboard rail.

One morning, when he felt the Commander's presence as much as heard him, he said, "Commander, tell me, are we expecting to pass any other ships on our voyage? Just wondering if we'll be dodging anything other than storm clouds on this voyage."
The GM
 GM, 47 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sat 12 May 2018
at 19:48
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
The Lt. Commander pursed his lips. "Expect!? Navigator, the Balinor's Breath is a Stormship class Elementary Galleon, crewed with one half of the dragoons needed to keep her safe from a boarding action. We have ammunition for exactly none of the siege engines mounted. This vessel is a roast pork passed down the table and all we can do is pray no one notices how hungry they are. We can only hope that we encounter nothing along this way, ship, or weather." He passed his hand over his face. "Are you sure we are making best speed? The sooner this fools errand is through, the sooner I can get back to some real work. But if it answers your question, no one should know our route, so anything we do meet... Will be no friend of ours."
Samuel
 player, 5 posts
Sat 12 May 2018
at 23:06
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
In reply to The GM (msg # 3):

Samuel listened and said, "She's at top speed. That’s for sure. And thank you for the run down of our current state of readiness. I’ll be sure to keep that in mind should there be any changes in our state of being alone out here.”

He hoped the trip would be uneventful, but he’d made a clean escape from home and he’d been trained to expect the worst...
The GM
 GM, 49 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Mon 14 May 2018
at 20:49
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
As the Captain of the ship stepped away forward, peering towards the horizon, a dark figure suspended in the rigging above called down to Samuel. It was Akamai, one of the Stormreach drow sailors who had come to crew the 'Breath on her maiden voyage.

"We are never alone on  kai hohonu. You will know this, heʻe nalu." Then he clambered up the rigging as a clamor rose from the bow.

"She blows!"
"To Port!"
"Leviathan off the port bow!"

A vertical geyser of foam shot upwards from the sea, surprisingly large, surprisingly close.

Samuel heard the Lt. Commander's voice above all the ruckus: "Navigator! Hard to starboard!"
Samuel
 player, 6 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 21:58
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Samuel had grinned charmingly at the drow in the rigging as the elf climbed higher and higher. That was risk. His job was much easier.

And then the calls came and he could have sworn he heard to Port and he was in motion only to hear the final Hard to Starboard order as clear as day and he put all that he had into shifting the ship, bringing the elementals in line as best as he could...
The GM
 GM, 52 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 15 May 2018
at 20:13
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath

As Samuel wrestled with the bound spirits that drove the Galleon onward, the distance closed with the tremendous beast. There was a heaviness in the air, the water, a presence that could not be denied. There were shouts, and the turning of the ship; Samuel felt them in his arms and legs. The elemental in the ring wanted to race free, but speed now was the enemy.

A brief glimpse showed the leviathan heaving near; the ship had turned, but not enough. The ship would not ram the creature; but they could not avoid a collision. The sea erupted over the gunwale and there was a sudden impact that tossed more than a few to the deck. Over the port rail, Samuel could see the beasts great eye; it gazed at him, and there was a moment when it seemed to possess some deep understanding.

The leviathan moved, then, the great body taking awesome moments to submerge down into the deep water, and then there was a second great thump, as the flukes smacked into the side of the 'Breath, like a child's bottom being spanked. Then she was gone.

There was a long space of time he could not wrest his eyes from the foamy roil. When he did, he met the gaze of the Lt. Commander.

That man was not pleased.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:58, Wed 16 May 2018.

Samuel
 player, 7 posts
Thu 17 May 2018
at 17:40
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Samuel had stared on in horror when he realized he would not be able to turn the ship in time. His eyes locked on the leviathan and then the foam of the sea after they were miraculously spared. Turning his gaze away for only a second, he caught the Commander's eyes and knew he was in trouble. This would not be a permanent job, not any longer. He expected the only reason he hadn't been relieved of his duties already was that they were lucky...

He was at a loss for words but he bowed his head and said, "Commander, I gave it my all, there just wasn't enough time..." He hoped that the ship's lack of damage would spare him some grief, but he knew that was hoping for the best...
The GM
 GM, 60 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 24 May 2018
at 05:54
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"Steady on Navigator, let's get some distance from that beastie. We're not a whaler, but she won't know that. Steady on." He waved in the direction the ship was headed as those on deck righted themselves and brushed sea-water from finery.

It was apparent that some of the passengers blamed the very presence of a leviathan in their path as Samuel's fault. Maybe it was -- not the encounter -- but there had been a strange resistance in the elemental engine; as though it was reluctant to arrive.

Akamai, from high in the rigging smiled down at Samuel: "She likes you, heʻe nalu, she gives you a kiss!"
Samuel
 player, 10 posts
Mon 28 May 2018
at 15:11
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Samuel nodded and did his best to increase the ship’s speed as they moved away from the leviathan.

He grimaced and then smiled at the words from Akamai on high and hoped that what the passengers said wasn’t true, but considered it a good omen that the House Lyrandar sigil hadn’t eaten one of its own...

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:00, Tue 29 May 2018.

The GM
 GM, 68 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Wed 30 May 2018
at 05:45
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
One shift later, Lt. Commander Perrin ordered a correction to port. Two thunderheads passed the 'Breath to the south, and everyone visibly relaxed. Samuel was able to give the bound elemental a freer rein, and the ship surged ahead.

The roaring of the ring drowned out all but the most determined to speak, and so it was that the next morning found the young cleric hovering near Samuel's station. "I've never been on a stormship before!"
Samuel
 player, 11 posts
Fri 1 Jun 2018
at 19:00
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Samuel smiled and said, "What would you say if I told you it was my first time too?” He let the question hang there for a long pause and then he added, "I am just kidding. I might as well have grown up on ships like this one. It's in my blood."

He took a moment to look at the young cleric before asking, "What does Stormreach hold for you? I have heard how eager you are to arrive, care to tell me why?"
The GM
 GM, 78 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 01:27
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"I am Zalen Trafalgar, your and the holy Flame's servant, ser." He bowed with a bright ivory smile. "In its wisdom, the Church has seen fit to grant the responsibility of the Stormreach Silver Lodge to me, and I pray to be worthy in my efforts." His grin widened, and he added conspiratorially "It is my first such assignment, and I can barely contain myself. I have heard such stories of the Razor Coast. Will there be many such sea-monsters?"
Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 1 post
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 01:34
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"I hope not." A rather wet Dwarf in the vestments of a priest of Dol Arrah commented as he wrenched a surprising amount of water out of his heavily braided dark gray beard. "Being dragged across this bottomless abyss of a puddle is trying enough without first hand interaction with the 'wonders' of the sea." he continued as he wrung water out of his robes. "But, I will admit it was an awesome sight."
The GM
 GM, 96 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 19:08
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath

Zalen Trafalgar
"Indeed! Though you look to have taken the show in fully." He gestured at the puddle forming about the dwarf. "You are the one traveling with Ser Thorn, correct? How is he feeling?"

Rand Thorn
Rand Thorn rose from his place by the stairs. "Better than I did down below. It's my fault that you were soaked, Ulrick, but I just could not breathe down there. And now look. Well, We'll dry soon enough. The weather is like that here; a torrent will drench you, and then the skies clear and you're sweating again."

Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 2 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 22:22
1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"We've been to worse places." Uldrik replied to rand. He then took a closer look at Trafalgar as he commented "From what I hear the worst thing about the razor coast is people like us scrambling to claim anything they can for themselves. Hopefully you can find many kindred spirits while you care for the silver lodge. You're going to need all the help you can get spreading the light of civilization. It is the gods work and I will earnestly pray for your success."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:24, Mon 18 June 2018.

The GM
 GM, 100 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 23:50
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath

Zalen Trafalgar
"I just need to pick up where another has left off. I was not the first selected replacement for the lodge, but luck turned my way. You know, I think some were secretly saying that I was too young for such responsibility. But the thought of such a city, perched on the edge of such vast ancientness... I am so excited!"

Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 3 posts
Tue 19 Jun 2018
at 01:46
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
The Eagerness of youth; one of the greatest and most annoying forces in the world. When channeled properly great labors can be done. "I am not surprised. People often mistakenly believe wisdom comes with age. It comes with experience; age is just something that piles up if you're lucky. I'm sure you'll meet the task admirably." Uldrick then looked out over the sea. "Hopefully there is something in that Ancientness that can help cure Rand over here. Good and competent humans can be hard to find." OOC: besides Sean Bean dies enough as it is.
The GM
 GM, 103 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 06:14
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath

Rand Thorn
"That Ancientness.... So many secrets." He shuddered.

Zalen Trafalgar
"But you are cold! Here take my cloak, it will shield you from the wind." After he arranged the covering, he asked the dwarf quietly "Am I to understand you correctly? You are planning an expedition? And he, in this condition?"


OOC GM awards Inspiration to Ulrick for astuteness.
Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 4 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 22:20
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"Something like that. He might not look it, but Rand here knows quite a bit and has a few contacts. I will need his help if I am to have any reasonable chance of finding a cure instead of just poking at the dark in random ruins hoping luck will pull us through. Plus having him at hand if I find a cure is best. Who knows how long it will take or how long I would need to make it back after finding it."
The GM
 GM, 113 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sat 23 Jun 2018
at 02:38
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath

Rand Thorn
"We will need maps, and there are one or two people I know who might help put together an expedition. That's going to take coin, my friend, more than we have."

Zalen Trafalgar
"It seems... daunting." He hesitated, and then added "You may stay at the Silver lodge while you prepare. I cannot help you with funds, but I can at least ensure that you do not run out of money before you make your attempt!" The young man seemed positively pleased with himself.

Rand Thorn
"What do you think, Uldrik?"

Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 5 posts
Sat 23 Jun 2018
at 21:25
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"It would be a great boon. If you're sure it won't be a Burden then we'll accept. Thank you." Uldrik replied to Zalen. It would greatly reduce their costs and save them time looking for a place to stay.
The GM
 GM, 119 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sun 24 Jun 2018
at 06:56
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Lt. Commander Trey Perrin
Lt. Commander Perrin approached. "It might behoove you passengers to head belowdecks. We have one of Shargon's famous storms coming up on us, and they take a fair bit of getting used to. Safer below, Sers."

Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 6 posts
Mon 25 Jun 2018
at 01:14
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"Looks like you'll have to hold your breath for a while My friend. Let's get you below decks lest we get washed off the deck in this storm." Uldrik states as he gestures down the stairs.
The GM
 GM, 121 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 28 Jun 2018
at 18:51
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Rand had spoken of the scuppers that blew in across the Straits of Shargon, and the hazard of being blown into one of the many rocky islands known as Shargon's Teeth. But as the man huddled and shivered, they were forced to cling to whatever was nailed down as the waves and wind made mockery of the size of the Stormship. Uldrik could hear the orders and cries from the top deck--a seemingly endless stream of desperate sounding commands and invectives.

One shout sounded above all the rest in Uldrik's ears: "Man overboard!"
Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 7 posts
Thu 28 Jun 2018
at 22:03
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"Hurry Down. I'll see if I can help with the rescue." Uldrik Commented to Rand as he turned and moved up to the deck. And looked for the nearest man giving orders. "Anything I can do to help get the man back on ship?"
The GM
 GM, 127 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Fri 29 Jun 2018
at 13:32
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
The waves crested the railings and the deck rose at an unnatural angle. The ship hand looked incredulously at the dwarf. "Help? Any man over in this storm is long gone. Best to get below and make sure no one else is lost!"

But Uldrick saw the commotion on the port side where the sailor had gone in; a few sailors clung to the rail and pointed where they thought they saw the fallen man.
Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 8 posts
Wed 4 Jul 2018
at 12:34
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Uldrik Looked for a rope or line that could be thrown over to the man. If the man was still conscious and struggling then there was a possibility that he could be saved. Which meant Uldrick needed to try.


08:32, Today: Uldrik Mroranon rolled 11 using 1d20+3 with rolls of 8.  perception check to find rope or line .

The GM
 GM, 133 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 10 Jul 2018
at 15:12
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
The men, alarmed as they were that a man had been washed overboard, still were not moving to aid him.

"'Es a gonner, that one."

"Aye, a pity too; 'e weren't half-bad a bloke."

Uldrik rounded up a coil of rope, and peered in the direction of the forlorn sailor. There was nothing but waves.

A hand on Ulrik's arm brought his eyes up to meet the strange eyes and dark tattooed face of Akamai. With a swift movement the tulita tied a secure sailor's knot around the hill dwarf's midsection and then another around his own. "One of us go in; one of us hold on. Moana, she looks angry; how strong a swimmer you?"

The waves parted and Uldrik could finally see the face of the man who was falling behind the ship: it was Lt. Commander Trey Perrin.
Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 9 posts
Tue 10 Jul 2018
at 22:44
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Uldrick held up his holy symbol "Dol Arrah share your grace with us so that we may spread the light." uldrick commented as he cast a spell. "I'm not much of a swimmer. But We can hold. That's right I mean you two as well." Uldrick replies pointing to the two sailors who were casually discussing Perrin's fate. "Help me hold the line as he goes in and saves Lt Commander Perrin. All you have to do is hold the line and help haul them in and then you can have the Lt Commander Owe you one."


OOC: Uldrick casts the spell bless using a second level spell slot allowing him to target up to 4 creatures. He chooses Akamai, Himself and the two sailors near by.
He also makes a persuasion check, spending a hero point for advantage to convince the two near by sailors to help.

18:42, Today: Uldrik Mroranon rolled 23 using 2d20+3, dropping the lowest dice only with rolls of 20,12.  spending hero point on persuasion for advantage.

Not sure what kind of rolls you are going to make us need for Holding or Akami for getting to and then com,ing back with the LT Commander, but bless never hurts.
 

This message was lightly edited by the player at 22:44, Tue 10 July 2018.

The GM
 GM, 140 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 22:45
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
The sailors jumped to assist as if they were being ordered by their captain.

Akamai's nod was barely visible and then he was aloft, scrambling out atop the spar that held the elemental ring to the ship. Lightning cracked in the sky illuminating the Tulita  mid-dive. Then there was just the waves, the lashing rain, and the rope unreeling into the black sea.

Then Uldrik spied the white hair of the sailor surging strongly against the wind-blown surf. Akamai was nearly to Perrin, when Uldrik saw, barely visible in the storm, a triangular fin cutting through the water towards the two men.
Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 11 posts
Sun 15 Jul 2018
at 21:38
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"Shark." Uldrik called out. He then said a quick prayer and suddenly near the shark's fin a shining light in the vague shape of a halberd appeared. It slashed at the shark to try and drive it away from Akamai. Not sure how successful he was in dissuading the shark

"Persistent bastard! Hold the line while I drive it away!" Uldrik called out and once again called upon the powers of his goddess Dol Arrah. Goddess of light and civilization. "May your light drive away darkness and those seeking to do harm!" He raised his holy symbol and a bright flame like radiant light struck the water by shark. hopefully damaging it enough to convince it to hunt elsewhere.

OOC: First using his bonus action Uldrik casts spiritual weapon. Not sure if a 13 would hit and if 5 damage is enough to drive the shark away. So then Uldrik will use his action to cast Sacred Flame. The shark needs to make a DC 14 dex save. It does not gain any benefit from cover for this save. If it makes the save it takes no damage.

17:26, Today: Uldrik Mroranon rolled 13 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 7.  spiritual weapon attack.
17:26, Today: Uldrik Mroranon rolled 5 using 1d8+3 with rolls of 2.  spiritual weapon damage.
17:37, Today: Uldrik Mroranon rolled 4 using 2d8 with rolls of 1,3.  sacred flame damage.


First spell cast is Spiritual weapon.

Spiritual Weapon
2nd lvl evocation
Casting time: I bonus action
range: 60 ft
Components: Somatic and verbal
Duration: 1 minute

You create a floating, spectral weapon within range that lasts for the Duration or until you cast this spell again. When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell Attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. On a hit, the target takes force damage equal to 1d8 + your Spellcasting ability modifier.

As a Bonus Action on Your Turn, you can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the Attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.

The weapon can take whatever form you choose. Clerics of deities who are associated with a particular weapon (as St. Cuthbert is known for his mace and Thor for his hammer) make this spell's effect resemble that weapon.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot 3rd level of or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for every two slot levels above the 2nd.

Second spell cast Sacred Flame

Sacred Flame
Evocation cantrip
Range: 60 ft
Components: verbal and somatic
Duration: instantaneous

Flame-like radiance descends on a creature that you can see within range. The target must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or take 1d8 radiant damage. The target gains no benefit from cover for this saving throw.

The spell's damage increases by 1d8 when you reach 5th level (2d8), 11th level (3d8), and 17th level (4d8).

The GM
 GM, 150 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 17 Jul 2018
at 00:10
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
The glowing translucent halberd flashed out over the waters and hacked at the shark; it dealt a glancing blow and the shark dove to avoid the blade, coming up again notably closer to the two men in the water.

OOC: it looks like the DC for the Sacred Flame 14 (8+3+3 = 14)
NPC Shark, rolled 19 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 15.  Dexterity save vs Sacred Flame


The Sacred Flame impacted in the water where the shark had been, but it winked out with a fizzing sound as the shark escaped the damage.

The sailors payed out more line and Akamai closed the distance. "We're running out of rope!" one shouted.

Akamai reached the Lt. Commander and there was a sharp tug on the rope.

"Pull them in!!"

They could see the pair bobbing and struggling together. It might have been a trick of the light, but it seemed they were coming closer.

And the shark appeared right at their side, closing in for the attack.
Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 12 posts
Tue 17 Jul 2018
at 21:56
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Uldrik willed the Halberd to move and attack the Shark once again as he heaved in the rope with others. Hoping to put some distance between the men in the water and the shark while also  encouraging the shark to go else where with persistent harassment.

OOC: SA a bonus action I can move the Spiritual weapon 20 feet and attack with it again. So That is what I will do. Hopefully 20 feet is enough to reach the shark again. Also what sort of check do I need to make with pulling in the rope? Also if Akamai, the two sailors or Uldrik need to make attack rolls or saving throws they can add 1d4 to the roll because of bless which is ongoing. I have not added it to the spiritual weapon attacks because I let a house rule confuse me. When I play with one of my live groups the DM in that game doesn't let it apply to spiritual weapon, but by RAW it does. It didn't matter with these two attacks because it hit anyway. Also bless lasts for 1 minute and I imagine it has been 3-4 rounds since I cast it. Which was before Akamai jumped into the water.


17:50, Today: Uldrik Mroranon rolled 5 using 1d8+3 with rolls of 2.  spiritual weapon damage.

17:50, Today: Uldrik Mroranon rolled 25 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 19.  spiritual weapon attack.


This message was last edited by the GM at 23:31, Tue 17 July 2018.

The GM
 GM, 154 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 07:44
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Shark
Again, Uldrik's halberd smote the shark, seemingly only enraging it. The shark lunged, and one of the swimmers cried out in pain.

OOC: If you make a STR check of DC 13 you will pull them up, otherwise the Shark gets another go at them.

Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 13 posts
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 22:29
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Uldrik pulls on the rope to try and haul them two men up, but the swaying of the ship prevents him from having good balance and he just can't seem to muster up the strength... "Damn it! Hey everyone Come help us pull the LT Commander and Akamai out of the water! we've got them on the end of this rope." Uldrik exclaims.

Looks like it's one of those days. Total check after using both inspiration and a hero point is 8.  If it was a save I could add 1d4, but even with a 4 still wouldn't save them. Oh well. Hope the shark has a terrible turn next turn. So I am guessing pulling on the rope was my action. using the Spiritual weapon is my bonus action. Anyway do I go before or after the shark?


18:16, Today: Uldrik Mroranon rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1.  desperation hero point cause why not? just need a 6.

18:12, Today: Uldrik Mroranon rolled 7 using 2d20+2, dropping the lowest dice only with rolls of 1,5.  Strength check, using inspiration for advantage.

The GM
 GM, 155 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sun 22 Jul 2018
at 17:22
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Shark
OOC: no need to roll for the Spiritual Weapon attack that takes place at this point in time. I'm going to assume you fail to kill it/dissuade it.

There was blood in the water. The shark harried the swimmer.
The men heaved and together lifted the pair from the seas. The shark, gleaming black and all white teeth made a final leap out of the waves, startling several sailors at the rail. It plunged below and vanished/

"Get them below, fetch the sawbones!" someone shouted.

Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 14 posts
Sun 22 Jul 2018
at 19:53
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Uldrik looked over the two men to try and diagnose their injuries. But with his heart racing and the blood and the clothes in the way he couldn't see much. So he decided to use some magic as emergency first aid to try and hold them over until the doctor arrived.

OOC: Medince check 8. Uldrik casts Cure wounds on both men using 1 first lvl spell slots. Starting with who ever seems to most injured first.

Now if both of these NPC's were characters once they hit 0 HP they wound need to start making death saving throws. Which is a straight d20 roll that they make on their turn. 10+ they pass. under 10 the fail. Once a person gets 3 fails they die. Once a person gets 3 passes they get back up at 1 hp. a natural 1 is 2 fails. A natural 20 is 2 passes. If they are attacked/damaged while unconscious that is 2 automatic fails. Any amount of healing bring the character back up at the amount of healing done. So let's say Uldrik gets smashed by a dragon and is knocked unconscious. If someone heals him for 2 hp he is back up at 2 hp. Whether or not you want to treat NPCs as Characters is up to you, but I figured considering the situation and that the group is new to 5E going over how to handle a PC going unconscious was appropriate.



15:47, Today: Uldrik Mroranon rolled 9 using 1d8+3 with rolls of 6.  cure wounds 2.
15:46, Today: Uldrik Mroranon rolled 8 using 1d8+3 with rolls of 5.  cure wounds 1.

Cure Wounds

1st level evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Components: V S
Duration: Instantaneous
Classes: Bard, Cleric, Druid, Paladin, Ranger
A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the Healing increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.


The GM
 GM, 158 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 24 Jul 2018
at 00:25
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Lt. Commander Trey Perrin
Lt. Commander Perrin, bedraggled and coughing, waved aside all attentions. "I'm fine. He saved my life! He put himself between those teeth."
Akamai
The bloody injuries were all Akamai's. The shark had fastened on the Tulita's leg, and another bite  had taken several of the fingers of his left hand. He moaned in agony. Uldrick's magic stopped the bleeding, but his eyes were still filled with fear.

With the Lt Commander's aid, the sailors bundled the injured man below where bandages and curatives could be applied as well.

Zalen Trafalgar
Zalen gasped and came to aid the injured man. "Is that.. shark-bite?".

One of the sailors remarked that the clerics were wasting their time; that Akamai would never convert. Perrin curtly dismissed all the sailors.

Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 15 posts
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 02:34
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Uldrik will offer his help to assist in Akamai's treatment, but will stay out of the doctors way if told to. while He does have some medical training, the dwarf just cheats and uses magic to heal.
The GM
 GM, 164 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 05:16
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Zalen Trafalgar
"Yes, please Uldrik. So many folk just assume that we only heal the faithful. I suppose it's because so many times it's true. But I believe we should do what we can for all good-hearted peoples. And at our leisure, when the peril has passed, then we can discuss religion and faith." He cleaned the wounds and began to bind the bleeding, when Akamai began to struggle in earnest.
Akamai
Akamai fought and cried out "No! No! No! Manōʻele!!" He pushed at the healers and pulled at the bandages.

OOC: Make a Wisdom (Perception) check DC 15, please.


Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 16 posts
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 10:58
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Something did not seem right as Akamai struggled against them. "What's wrong Akamai? are the bandages to tight?" Uldrik asks.

OOC:
06:55, Today: Uldrik Mroranon rolled 16 using 1d20+3 with rolls of 13.  perception check.

The GM
 GM, 176 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 22:06
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Akamai
Uldrik caught a glimpse of a flash of white in Akamai's bloody wound; a single shark's tooth remained embedded in the flesh. With great care, the dwarf extracted the serrated tooth. Almost immediately, the Tulita relaxed.
Lt. Commander Trey Perrin
"Don't fret, my friend. I saw the shark that attacked you. Gray skin, and white belly. Not a bit of black on it."

Ivello d'Lyrandar
 player, 2 posts
Thu 2 Aug 2018
at 22:56
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
The door to the small cabin popped open and slightly bedraggled Ivello stood there and looked at all the blood on the table and deck. "Ahh, commander!" he said breathlessly. "They should have come got me and not a rope. I could have fetched you back without all this blood. What were they thinking sending Akami into storm waters after you? No one better for being storm tossed than one born to it! I was sleeping, but no reason better to rouse me than a man overboard, leastwise for you they shoulda thought with their heads! A rope!" he added with a snort, "and now look."

Ivello seemed to just see the Silver Flame and Dwarf passenger after the dwarf pulled another sharks' tooth from Akami, and he wordlessly nodded thanks to Uldrik. "My thanks for seeing to him."
The GM
 GM, 184 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 04:33
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Lt. Commander Trey Perrin
"I believe, Ser, that they thought I would drown. Akamai is one of the strongest swimmers I know. And I also believe they thought that you were needed to direct the ship in this storm." The ship shuddered, heeling to port. "Which is true. Let us go and see if that elemental driving the ship can be brought to an understanding." He opened the door, and gestured towards the command deck.

Ivello d'Lyrandar
 player, 3 posts
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 09:45
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"Seems you'er no worse for the wear then." As the Commander orders Ivello about. "It's always storming 'round s stormship," he added with a shrug, "but aye, let me see to it. It's getting uppity the last couple of hours."

As they leave the room and head towards the command deck, Ivello adds in an undertone, "crew says it was a shark black as night that took Akami's bites... there is some talk of bad omens and such. First I've heard of a shark's skin making a difference, they're all death dealers. What's that all about then Commander?"
Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 17 posts
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 11:48
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Uldrik is glad to see Akamai's relieved face after he pulls the tooth out. It's odd how it was missed in the first place. Then again with all the screaming, blood, the ship being tossed about and such perhaps something like a tooth getting missed in the confusion isn't so odd after all. Then a new fellow burst out into the scene. Uldrik didn't know who he was, but obviously the man was a bit prideful. Not moments before Uldrik took action the ship hands were saying the commander was as good as dead and gone. But there were more pressing matters to deal with. Uldrik Helped to move Akamai to someplace quiet where the man could rest and start healing. Akamai had earned some peace at least.
The GM
 GM, 187 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sun 5 Aug 2018
at 02:38
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Lt. Commander Trey Perrin
Lt. Commander Perrin forged his way throught the storm to the navigator's perch. He waited until Ivello had taken up the steering. "The Tulita have a legend; a superstition. The bite of the black shark is said to carry  a horrible curse. Tulita have been known to kill themselves over a scratch. Well not an actual scratch, a shark bite, but still, I'd say if you survive a shark attack... suicide seems a waste. So it was a grey shark that attacked us, and a grey shark that you saw. Got it? Devourer's Teeth.

Anyhow, That's not what I wanted to talk to you about. You were up here, and you needed to be. That elemental driving the 'Breath, it only listens to you. This ship, it can survive the loss of anyone else, but without you... In a storm? With no way to control the elemental? I don't know what you were up to before, but now you have a responsibility.

And... Since you were the only one up here.... You are the only one who I know for sure... didn't just try to push me overboard.

Someone aboard this ship wants me dead."

Akamai
Akamai was beginning to rest, and just drifting off to sleep when he whispered to Uldrik. "beware... the kiss of Dajobas..."

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:09, Sun 12 Aug 2018.

Ivello d'Lyrandar
 player, 4 posts
Sun 5 Aug 2018
at 03:05
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Ivello took control of the helm and waved off the sailor who'd been doing his best to that point in his absence. Perrin waited until they were out of earshot of others, not hard given the storm and the roaring elemental driving the ship before he spoke his peace.

Ivello nodded about the superstition thing, "grey, got it. You seen a Tulita bit by a black shark before? Maybe it isn't a waste. I seen terrible things out on the seas and in the air before. Best to put an a few eyes on him or lock him up till we make port... just in case."

Perrin continued after that about his suspicions and Ivello's eyes got wide and he echoed the commander's earlier sentiment, "Devourer's TEETH! That's a heavy claim Commander. Plus you know it weren't Akami or he'da let you drift. You have blood with any crew? Who are you that someone'd want you dead? You've been decent enough to me and others as I can see. You got some hidden wealth or lover? Something?"
Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 18 posts
Sun 5 Aug 2018
at 23:33
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
After watching Akamai for a little while longer to make sure he was sleeping peacefully. Uldrik went to speak with Zalen.  "Akamai seems to be sleeping now. " Uldrik held out the tooth that had been stuck in Akamai's hand. "This shark tooth was under his bandages. Which is why he was squirming. Odd how we both missed it before."
The GM
 GM, 190 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 21:17
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Lt. Commander Trey Perrin
Perrin frowned as he shook water from his coat. "No, nothing. I don't know what kind of officer you've been accustomed to in Lyrandar service, but I don't indulge myself or allow my crew any such shenanigans. As for discipline, I'm tough but fair. And we've had no incidents this whole voyage. Neverthe less, the spray was in my eyes, but It was definitely one of the other crew."

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 08:51, Tue 07 Aug 2018.

Ivello d'Lyrandar
 player, 6 posts
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 07:28
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"Well Commander, after we pass this storm, let's see what we can do about sorting that out. In the meantime, I suggest you stay away from the rails. Any memory of who was near you when you went into the depths? What were you doing before then? Right before? Were you talking to someone? Inspecting something? I got your back all the way in to Stormreach commander, if you need me just call. Unless you have an idea who it might be. Maybe that dwarf can help investigate. He seems helpful, and he's not part of the crew."

Looking out at the storm and the raging ring of elemental power around the ship, he add, "and yeah, stay away from the railing."
The GM
 GM, 194 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 9 Aug 2018
at 06:27
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Lt. Commander Trey Perrin
Perrin opened his mouth to say something, thought better of it. For a minute he just looked out at the waves and wind. "I saw the shark. Off to starboard. It was pacing us! A stormship! Nothing else in the sea ever wants to come near the elemental. Natural creatures sense the danger. But there it was!  I was struggling to see it through the storm, and then something hit me in the back, shoved me over the rail.... which I will now... stay away from. I'm going to my cabin to look over the roster. Alert me if there are any changes in..." he waved his hand to generally indicate everything.

An half-glass later, the storm returned in all its fury, and Ivello had to work hard to keep the ship steady. He thought of the injured man, and refocused.
OOC: make the appropriate roll for smooth sailing: the DC is 15

Ivello d'Lyrandar
 player, 7 posts
Thu 9 Aug 2018
at 17:21
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Nodding his head to the departing Commander Ivello returned his attention to the helm and the storm. Despite the storm's fury he though about what Perrin had been said before heading to his cabin. A shark keeping pace and proximity to a stormship? I've never heard the like...have I? he let his mind wander a bit, and thought further back to any and every story he could remember about the seas from his youth and experience in the House.

While he was thinking though, the storm suddenly spiked in fury, catching Ivello off guard. The helm spun out of his hand briefly. Ivello surged, and managed to catch it. He growled in fury, "OH NO you DON'T you worthless spit and spray! This ship isn't going down from the likes of you!". He strained against the storm for all he was worth, and finally, narrowly, brought the ship back under control, righted its course and held against the fury of the waves.

OOC:
10:11, Today: Ivello d'Lyrandar rolled 9,3 using 1d20+5,1d4 with rolls of 4,3.  Vehicles (Water) + Windwrights Intuition.
10:13, Today: Ivello d'Lyrandar rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3.  Hero Point.
so...total of 15! Yay Hero points...

10:16, Today: Ivello d'Lyrandar rolled 19 using 1d20 with rolls of 19.  Nature. - Knowledge or lore of the shark that Commander Perrin is talking about having seen
.
The GM
 GM, 202 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sat 11 Aug 2018
at 22:59
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Zalen Trafalgar
"Oh! My fault, entirely! Sparks! I--I've not dealt with shark-bite before. Tulita see the shark as a manifestation of an arch-enemy. I was rushing to s-stop the b-blood." Uldrik saw the too few years under the clerical uniform. He was truly only a boy.
"Th-they tell stories, about this great conflict: good versus evil. But it's sharks and... whales. Turtles and stuff." Zalen looked up at Uldrik. "Th-this is beyond me, isn't it? That bite is just the beginning, isn't it? We're going to the frontier of civilization! This is where the maps all end, and there be monsters! Why would he--?" He stopped and wiped his face.
"Sorry. I'm sorry. I ... expected to have more time, before I came to Xend'rik."

Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 19 posts
Sun 12 Aug 2018
at 02:01
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"Don't worry. I'm a bit out of my depth as well." Uldrik joked to lighten the mood a bit "Without struggle there is no growth. You need to have faith in yourself and in those that decided to send you here. You are here now. You have no choice but succeed, because there is no other option." Uldrik slapped the boy on the back to help hearten him. "tell me a little about these stories. They seem interesting and Akamai mentioned something about the kiss of degoba...or was it dajobas? and it has me curious."
The GM
 GM, 203 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sun 12 Aug 2018
at 16:08
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Zalen Trafalgar
He gasped, and brightened. "You... sound just like my old mentor. Are you certain you aren't from Thrane?" Zalen formally composed, closed his eyes. "What I remember is this: the Tulita have a belief system based on spirits. The spirit of the whale for example, can live inside each whale; they are marked. And the spirit of the shark, Dajobas, is said to do the same. The sharks that are avatars of Dajobas are supposed to be black as night.

Dajobas was worshipped long ago, but its followers turned on the other people of the clan. A war was fought, and at the end the Tulita asked for help from the Whale, the Turtle, and the Dolphin. They pooled their power and cast Dajobas out to sea, never to return.

There's a whole end-of-the world myth where Dajobas comes back, and eats everything. The kiss of Dajobas is just a shark bite, but the Tulita fear it puts them under the Shark's power."

The GM
 GM, 205 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 14 Aug 2018
at 00:22
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
In reply to Ivello d'Lyrandar (msg # 54):

In all of Ivello's experience, he'd never heard of a black shark that was unafraid of a storm-galleon. There were some stories of spirit worship associated with Xend'rik, but that wasn't a topic Ivello had spent a lot of time exploring.

Once the ship was well in hand again, Ivello considered who on the crew he'd seen in proximity to the Captain. Ivello estimated there were four or five sailors who were close enough to strike.

In the distance Ivello could see the spire of light that meant they were nearing Stormreach; there were just the 'Teeth left to navigate through.

OOC: One more DC 15 contest for ship navigation. This time it's Shargon's Teeth, so don't hit the rocks!
Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 21 posts
Tue 14 Aug 2018
at 01:00
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"What does under the shark's power mean exactly? If we know what Akamai may fear has happened perhaps we can prove to him that he is free of any outside influence?" Uldrik replies interested in the beliefs of these people.
The GM
 GM, 206 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 14 Aug 2018
at 01:36
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Zalen Trafalgar
Zalen shook his head. "That is beyond my knowledge. But I am told there are Tulita shamen who can speak to this. When we arrive it would be no trouble to find one to ask."

Ivello d'Lyrandar
 player, 8 posts
Tue 14 Aug 2018
at 02:44
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
In reply to The GM (msg # 58):

Coasting out of the storm, Ivello spent time lost in thought. Soon enough however, Shargon's teeth reared their ugly heads.

Ivello laughed as they approached and screamed to the bound elemental, "FINALLY A TEST of our skills!" and together they wound their way through the challenge of the Teeth, guiding the ship safely through, though there was one close call, but no one else may have noticed anything but the rock and sway of the ship as normal.

I'll need to spy out those I thought about and talk to the Commander before everyone disembarks, he thought to himself.

OOC: 17:23, Today: Ivello d'Lyrandar rolled 14,3 using 1d20+5,1d4 with rolls of 9,3.  Vehicles (Water) + Windwrights Intuition.
Jeez, thank goodness for Windwrights Intuition!

Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 22 posts
Fri 17 Aug 2018
at 01:30
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"I see, well I'll do just that when we land. For now I should probably get back to Rand. If You need any help with Akamai let me know." Then Uldrik Turn and left Zalen to his duties and headed into the hold to check on Rand.

 On the way he quietly pondered how and when had he turned into a soft-hearted nutjob who tried to solve everyone else's problems. It was not how his parent's raised him and it certainly wasn't the philosophy of the temple that trained him. But, he told himself, if we do not take the effort to spread the light how can we expect others to do so? Action was the best form of preaching. At the very least living it showed that you were sincere and not just nice words and a robe.

When Uldrik reached the cabin where his friend Rand was staying Uldrik asked "Still feeling nauseous?"
The GM
 GM, 212 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Mon 20 Aug 2018
at 06:33
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Rand Thorn
"Yes, but the stories the men have been shouting about sharks biting people have kept me away from the rail. But I'm feeling better, maybe the climate agrees with me. But you can see the Emperor's Sword out that window; we must be near. And then the search begins in earnest!" Out the window the shaft of golden light was turning into the brilliant blue spearing high into the sky above.
Lt. Commander Trey Perrin
"Perrin returned to the navigator and handed a page. Keep this on you. If anything happens to me, deliver it to the address on the outside. The men are due for leave when we dock, and they'll scatter. I think it was either Higgins, Wallach, Reynaldo, or Smith who pushed me. I don't have anything now but my own suspicions, but if I act, then they'll know I know, and the'll be that much harder to catch. I want you to be my eyes and ears in Stormreach--can you do that? Find out about these four men, follow them, maybe talk to them, find out if they are connected with any of the criminal organizations. They won't suspect you, if they think you and I have parted ways. To that end, I'm going to be not so flattering to you when we arrive at port. Let me tell you right now that I'm proud of the way you handled Balinor's Breath, and I'd have you again. Not that I'll be captaining her again. Here's all the info on the men." He handed Ivello another pack of papers. "Can I count on you?"

Ivello d'Lyrandar
 player, 9 posts
Mon 20 Aug 2018
at 17:15
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Ivello looked at the papers, and the commander could see some indecision. Soon enough that resolved itself, "aye commander, you can count on me. I don't have much for authority, but it doesn't sit right with me tryin' to toss a fellow into the storm to be rid of him. Might as well have tried to get me to do the job as me and the storms are one. Storms don't take kindly to being used. My thanks on your thoughts of my skill and I've never seen a tongue lashing I didn't deserve, this one wouldn't be out of form, so have at me."

He looked out at the port growing larger as they approached and he stuffed the papers out of sight, as safely and quickly as he could, "where can I find you? I'll send word once I've settled my lodgings."
The GM
 GM, 220 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Fri 24 Aug 2018
at 07:12
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Lt. Commander Trey Perrin
"The dragoons are garrisoned near Titanswalk, leave word for me there." The documents contained information for locating each of the men Perrin had named, including some finely drawn facial representations. With these and some shoe leather, it could be done.
Rand Thorn
"Once we arrive we have to find my friend, Elminster Harlian. He's a terrible explorer, but a stone giant when it comes to details. He's the one who will be able to help me--us gather the needed resources to go deep into Xend'rik. And we may have to go deep, indeed."
The stormship howled as the navigator forced the elemental powering the huge ship to slow. Moving cautiously was not the air elemental's forte' and when it could not disobey, it vented its frustration with sound and fury. While their approach at evening meant they were all denied the grandeur of the silhouette of Stormreach's bizarre ruins and fantastic haphazard buildings, the eerie shine of the Sword at night off the waves as they approached more than made up for their loss.

Once the ship had pulled close enough, the elemental needed to be 'suppressed'; literally forcing it back into its bottle. This process involved enduring the sound of thunderclaps from several nearby lighting strikes. The containment ring did its job in preventing any of these from affecting the ship, though the crew were all mightily startled.

Without the air elemental providing motive power, the Balinor's Breath was a slow, heavy, ponderous beast; their forward progress slowed. The crew sped up their efforts to ready the ship for dock, eager to escape their seafaring prison, if only for a night.

Lt. Commander Trey Perrin
Once the ship was at rest, and the crew busy getting ready for offloading Perrin addressed Ivello in a loud voice. "Ser, and I use that term loosely, you should serve as a reminder to this crew of what they should not aspire to be. You nearly collided with a great whale, turned the ship so that I was cast over the rail, and very nearly killed me! And you may yet have done for poor Akamai. You have been rude and disrespectful, as is I'm sure your wont; I'll be happy to never have to sail one of Lyrandar's blasted contraptions again, if it means I have to put up with a dragonmarked snob like you again. In fact, I want you off this ship as soon as the passengers can disembark. Go and peddle your lightning elsewhere!"

In short order, several planks were placed for egress; they were finally at Stormreach. The Emperor loomed above the harbor, and now one could see the two hands from which erupted the pale blue light; the hands were cupped, as though the light might be a splash of water falling from some enormous height.

Less imposing but still a testament to might, the Falconer’s Spire, Lyrandar's airship tower commanded a complete view of the harbor; two airships were docked against it, gently floating in the sky. There was also an oppressive smell here: garbage and rotted meat; without the elementals constant blasts of air they  might have smelled Stormreach even sooner. The rest of the city was dark, with odd movements of things that seemed too large to move. Lights from rooftops and the peculiar hanging houses the natives used made the whole seem like a black beast with thousands of yellow eyes.
Ivello d'Lyrandar
 player, 10 posts
Sun 26 Aug 2018
at 22:49
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Having stoppered the elemental back in it's elemental hole, Ivello handed the helm to the sailing master for the final approach to the harbor. He headed below, quickly packed up his few belongings, and made sure that the papers from the commander were safely stowed on his person before heading back up deck.

He reveled in his last sea spray for a while, Ivello sidled up to the rail. As the ship approached the docks and the Commander started laying into him, Ivello called on the magic in his blood to shroud himself in arcane armor before he headed into the lawless city of Stormreach. A gust of wind picked him up and he gave quite a rude gesture back to the Commander as he flew across the gap between the ship and the docks, leaving the ship behind before it had finally settled into its berth.

Before he moved too much further into the city, Ivello ducked into a side alley and cast another spell, shrouding himself in a form that was different from his own normal one, empowering it to extend it further.
Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 23 posts
Tue 28 Aug 2018
at 23:19
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
"At least we won't have to deal with the ocean any more. Dangerous as though it may be, having solid ground under me will be quite the relief. let's go with Zalen to the Silver Lodge and after we have settled the matter of living arrangements we will then go and find Mr. Harlian. For now we should gather our things and make sure we are ready to disembark quickly." Uldrik replies to his friend. He too is eager to finally start the search for a cure.

Later when the ship finally arrives in port the scene is a little bit unpleasant. Though Uldrik can understand the Commanders displeasure and anger about what happened to himself and Akamai. Uldrik himself did not know enough about storm ships to really understand if it had actually been the navigators fault. That Said it really had little to do with Uldrik and his business so the dwarf quietly waited with his friend until they could disembark with Zalen and head to the Silver Lodge.
The GM
 GM, 231 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Fri 31 Aug 2018
at 05:47
Re: 1: Borne on Dragon's Breath
Ivello took such precautions as befitted a strange city. Indeed who knew what ruffians might lurk in the alleys and shadows of Stormreach. A dweomer  shrouded his dragonmark. There were ways to detect it, still, but this city had made it's name by holding the dragonmark houses in distain, instead of reverence. A prominent dragonmark was not the guarantee of respect that it was in Khorvaire. But the Houses still tried to negotiate and improve their state in the gateway to Xen'drik. The dragonshards fell richly in the jungles. A backward glance at the Falconer's Spire showed Ivello that there were still airships tethered there. A pang of regret for the glory of the navigator, and then he headed towards a ramshackle assembly of wrecked boats and scavenged building materials that advertised itself as a tavern. Two taverns: 'The Leaky Dinghy' said one sign, high above. 'Run Aground Tavern' was posted near the aforementioned ground, near a goodly sized hole punched in the side of a boat. Fitted with a door, this served as an entrance.
Zalen Trafalgar
Once the two invalid men were secured for transport, Zalen admitted that he, in fact, did not know exactly where it was they were to go. "But I'm sure we can ask...." And, indeed, the first beggar they met directed Zalen towards an odd looking tavern nearby. "He said to talk to Falgore Finney. He'll set us right. I'm thinking that everything is just going to go very well from here on in."

OOC: you may post your entrance to the tavern here: link to a message in this game