1: A (Cross) Bone to Pick.   Posted by The GM.Group: 0
Jack
 player, 8 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 19:18
1: A bone to pick

Horrors!


For an instant, Captain Jack experienced the slightest twinge of guilt at the bleating of terrified sheep.  Guilt that was swept away as quick as it had sprung when, eyes flared, she witnessed the ravenous plunge of the giant, mutton-gulping serpent.

It wasn't until after silence fell across the boards that Jack realized her jaw was as slack as Halleck's. "Praise be," she whispered low and swallowed to wet her tongue. "Pick up your jaw, Halleck, and stay the course. Davey Jones won't be greeting us today." A smile crept along her countenance.

Jack allowed a few more moments of silence, for those who had -or had not- wet themselves, to reflect on their good fortune. She then gave a call out. "Boatswain! Fetch my cellar of bottles, for I would drink a health to all, fore and aft, and I would have all join in celebrating the same. Strong hearts! See, we have won!"

She sought to reestablish morale, after which she might retire to her cabin to jot down their encounter in the log, and her newly acquired fondness of sheep.
The GM
 GM, 98 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 19:44
1: A bone to pick

1st Mate Halleck
The evening watch went by without alarm, and the morning shift. All were on the watch, now that they knew what to look for. Only Halleck seemed to still be troubled. "I'll feel better once we've made Stormreach. There's just too much we don't know about these waters. Anything could be out there... anything."

A cry from the crow's nest brought all eyes up. At the edge of vision a small lifeboat was drifting.

Jack
 player, 9 posts
Tue 19 Jun 2018
at 04:13
1: A bone to pick

"Anything, indeed,"
Jack murmured and narrowed a thoughtful gaze out toward the drifting lifeboat. The creatures of the sea didn't set her on edge near as much as those who sailed upon it. Oft times, that was the true unknown. "Bring us near enough to see if there's a live body in need of being hauled up, Halleck. I'll not leave a person to drift alone. Well, except for that one time..."

It was a story left for another day as Jack moved to the rails for a better look and called up to the crow's nest for an update.

The good thing about captaining a pirate ship was that Jack didn't need to tell anyone to be on guard. It was part and parcel of their profession.


23:10, Today: Secret Roll: Jack rolled 11 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 7.  Perception.

The GM
 GM, 101 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 05:45
1: A bone to pick

The Stranger
Using a 'glass to see more clearly, Jack could tell the boat had a single occupant. He was crumpled over the rudder. The 'Joy slid closer, and when they were in reach the crew got the parched man aboard. Deprivations could not conceal the man's striking features. Here was a man, who when not dying of thirst in a lifeboat took good care of his physique.
'Nnnnnnnggg...' he moaned as they layed him upon the deck.


OOC: Is 'layed' correct? I never get that right.
Jack
 player, 10 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 15:05
1: A bone to pick

It was part intuition, part impulse that brought her to kneel before the man and tip her canteen to his lips. Not rum, but fresh water with squeezed lemon. Her secret, which was now his. "I'm Jack," she whispered for his ears only as she leaned over him, calculatedly omitting her rank. "Do no harm, and no harm will be done."

It would be a lie to say that she was not attracted to the man's physique; strong arms and shoulders always warranted a pleasurable sigh from her, though she kept this one internal. She recognized a man of discipline and determination, which was even more fascinating than the results of his labors. He was mystery too. Another weakness.

And look, just look at the way his brow crinkles above pained eyes...

Maybe she should have offered him the rum?

The stranger's reply —if his whetted tongue was willing— would determine her orders: take him to her cabin and summon the doc, or toss 'em back to the sea... with a few days rations, if it behooved her.

~

OOC: Either/or, I'd say. Laid is the past tense/past participle of Lay, which would be the correct usage here. Layed is an archaic spelling of Laid, though some would say that Layed is not a word at all.  Microsoft Word and LibreOffice Writer both underline Layed in red, if that counts for anything? Sometimes, I curse both doc writers for red-lining my words, because creative spelling is a writer's prerogative. :)

The GM
 GM, 106 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 01:06
Re: 1: A bone to pick

Falcon Drango
He swallowed gratefully, and studied his rescuer's face even more gratefully. 'Either I'm dead, and an angel has seen fit to save my poor soul, or more likely.... rescued?' He looked about then refocused on Jack's eyes. 'By a ship out of the Lhazaar Principalities? And is this the Captain? My fortune is without end.

I, Falcon Drango, do swear to do no harm, and I am very pleased to make your acquaintance. '


Jack
 player, 11 posts
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 22:48
Re: 1: A bone to pick

"Huh."
Jack grinned and stoppered her flask, tucking it away in her cloak. She met his gaze, watched him study her while she returned the same, all the while thinking that lemon was decidedly sweet on his tongue. To which, she had no complaint. "You're not dead, and I'm no angel, but I'll take you at your word, Mister Drango." At least until he gave her reason not to. "Well met."

Jack righted, and where she might have offered a hand up, she instead placed her hands to her hips, her eyes not leaving her guest where he lay. She was curious to see how he moved, to further assess his health. ...To determine if he carried concealed weapons.

"C'mon then. The day is young and the sea has delivered you to Minerva's Joy for a reason. You can join me in the Captain's cabin for victuals and tell me all about yourself. We're light on mutton, sad to say, but Cook can wrangle up some oatmeal and honey that'll stick to your ribs." She flashed another smile and turned to head toward her cabin.

In an aside as she moved, she would send someone to fetch the ship's medic to her quarters, her reasoning two-fold. If Drango couldn't get his legs up under him, she would gesture for two of the crew to assist.
The GM
 GM, 115 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sat 23 Jun 2018
at 02:54
Re: 1: A bone to pick
Falcon Drango
He grinned and ruefully rose to his feet. "There. You have given me reason to live." The scraps of clothing, rags, mostly, gave Falcon few places to conceal a weapon, but there was a knife in his belt. "Would you like me to surrender my only defense to you?" But he forestalled any need to answer and handed it to Halleck. Drango followed Jack to the Captain's cabin, and asked "Now I'm not complaining, mind you, but why in the Traveler's name are you light on mutton?"

Jack
 player, 16 posts
Sun 24 Jun 2018
at 01:46
Re: 1: A bone to pick

Jack felt an even mixture of triumph and warm amusement as she watched Drango stand of his own accord and hand over his weapon to her First Mate. She wouldn't have taken it from him, but he didn't need to know that. Then again, she had a strong suspicion he knew full well that he hadn't surrendered his only (or greatest) defense, for his head was yet attached to his neck and shoulders.

The Traveler.

There was a hitch in Jack's stride, but she kept moving forward until she stopped at her cabin door and cast a long look askance to the bedraggled mess beside her. Did he know he invoked memories that now shadowed her smile? Ridiculous, of course. He couldn't know of Layla, her friend, who's natural cunning and wanderlust was a testament to The Traveler. A deity that some claimed didn't even exist. A claim she wouldn't argue, all things considered.

"Sometimes the sea giveth," she replied with a faint lift to her smile, her blue eyes lightly delving into his. "And sometimes we must convince the sea not to taketh away by heaving mutton over the rails to appease her creatures. Life is curious like that, don't you think? If not for the sacrifice of sheep, you and I might never have met."

Jack opened the door and waved him inside, gesturing to a dressing screen —a curtain, more like— in a corner of the cabin near her bunk. "There's a wash basin, if you're so inclined? If so, then you'll have clean attire as well." She glanced to the nearest of the crew to instruct for someone fetch a shirt, trousers, and boots to fit the man, then she followed him inside and closed the door behind her. "So tell me your story, Falcon Drango. You can bathe and speak at the same time, I presume?"
The GM
 GM, 120 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Mon 25 Jun 2018
at 08:15
Re: 1: A bone to pick
Falcon Drango
"I... yes, I imagine I can." From behind the screen Drango continued. "Not everyone can handle themselves at sea; I can. I rose from cabin-boy to deck-hand, bosun, first mate and finally captain. I made a name for myself, and when that happens, all kinds of things can change. I'd become successful, a man can make enemies just by being successful." He stepped out, clad in the frilly men's silk shirt that she'd kept just because it was such a ridiculous symbol of civilization. Falcon filled it perfectly. "I've been betrayed; and I know not by whom. They got my crew, but they made the mistake of letting me live, and for that mistake I shall rain down such a vengeance."


He looked up from his clenched fist. "In due time, of course." He smiled, then. "Presently my only vow is to aid my rescuer in whatever fashion the Gods will permit me. For example, I am a skilled navigator of these waters; I could help you get where you are going. Avoid the Devourer's dangers. I think you may need that help. You mentioned 'the sea's creatures'..." He raised one eyebrow. "What did you see?"

Jack
 player, 18 posts
Mon 25 Jun 2018
at 17:21
Re: 1: A bone to pick

Jack plucked a cluster of grapes from a bowl and popped one into her mouth while she considered Captain Drango's tale of success and betrayal. It was convenient. All of it, up to and including his navigational skills. Not that she necessarily doubted him. The clenched fist was as convincing as the vow for vengeance. She could understand and admire that. She really could. Still, he would have to prove himself.

"What did you see?"

"A giant snake," she returned, briefly fascinated by the crook of his brow. She tossed the grapes over to him, his smile prompting one from her. "Sea serpent. Exceptionally vociferous. Likes mutton. ...You, wear that shirt well," she added, pulling her gaze from his face to his form, and up again to his eyes. Olive? The color mutable, almost tranquil. Interesting. "How is it that your entire crew is gone, or taken, and you know not by whom? Are you a heavy sleeper?"

It was a genuine curiosity. She wanted to know more. "The maps are in that drawer there." She indicated which one with a tilt of her head. "Avoiding the Devourer's dangers would indeed be helpful to all, yourself included. Welcome aboard, Captain Drango...Falcon. Show me, if you will, what direction you would have us take."
The GM
 GM, 123 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 28 Jun 2018
at 19:50
Re: 1: A bone to pick
Falken Drango
"I... am not a heavy sleeper. There was a damnable witch-breath fog. Rose up with an evil wind and my ship was carried onto a reef. I went for help. And when I returned..." He turned those eyes to Jack, for a moment, and for a moment she saw his raw humanity with no shred of pretense. "The decks awash with blood. Everyone, just... gone!" He lifted his gaze but he was not seeing Jack or the cabin of the 'Joy, just the scarlet reflections of an inexplicable horror.

He wiped his face, and absently crunched a grape, his face filled with surprise. "These are good!" He whispered.

"At any rate, there was nothing I could do. The ship wouldn't move for me alone, and so I set off to find what had chanced against my crew. I don't think they are all dead. Some... some of them would take a bit of killing to die.

But, it is one thing to sail a ship, and another to take a dinghy, and there were other considerations. I was ill prepared. And so you find me well lost. So what direction I would suggests depends largely on where we are. And I have more than a little suspicion, from your description, that we are in the bit of ocean that belongs exclusively to Olaus the Grey. The good news is that particular serpent seems to be loath to leave his little water garden. The bad news is that, since you've fed him, he knows you have food. Stay in Olaus' garden, and he'll be back; and wanting more than a few sheep."
He looked at one of the maps the captain had indicated.

"Oh, this is terrible. You have but half of the Teeth drawn on this map?" He looked at Jack then with a mixture of awe and concern. "Even a map to Bloodbane's gold would be better than this. You had better turn north. Give up on Stormreach, head to Sharn. And then equip yourself properly. I'll even help!"

Jack
 player, 20 posts
Fri 29 Jun 2018
at 00:47
Re: 1: A bone to pick

"Um. ...No."
Jack crinkled her nose and pursed her lips, turning away for a moment to collect her thoughts. She wasn't immune to the range of emotions Drango expressed, nor was she heartless to his plight. Still... He went for help? What sort of Captain abandons his ship and crew when it has been set upon by evil?!? "I would never," she whispered fervently, which had more to do with her thoughts than Drango's suggestion she forget about Stormreach.

With a frown, she turned back to face ship-less captain. Had Magistrate Fenkle expected her to fail? She was skilled in Cartography and Navigation herself, but hadn't noticed the lack of...teeth in her maps. Could she trust Drango's assessment of them? ...Could she trust anyone?

"Betrayal is a bitter unguent, Captain Drango. I can empathize with the horrors you have faced and the devastating loss of your ship and crew, but I will not turn away from Stormreach. I have a ...date with vengeance as well. A long side trip to Sharn would seriously hamper my plans. I trust you understand? So let us return to your prior admission of being a skilled navigator of these waters, of such that you can keep me from the Devourer's dangers and get us out of Olaus' garden." Her expression softened. She allowed a tenderness to her tone as she settled into a chair at the table and gestured for him to do the same. "Show me what you can do, Falcon. I am certain you have many talents. But first, the food is here and I invite you to eat your fill."
The GM
 GM, 126 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Fri 29 Jun 2018
at 13:24
Re: 1: A bone to pick
Falken Drango
"Well, it was worth a try." He grinned ruefully. "I'd like to believe I could put everything behind me; live life with a clean slate." He gestured at the spread set out for them. "Why can't we just enjoy what we have?

But there are two types of ship's captains: shopkeepers, and -- us. I had to be certain. The balance book is a kind of shackle that must be refused at once if one is ever to be free. Our way costs in measures that the shopkeeper would never entertain.

I accept your challenge; I will see you safely to Stormreach harbor, or share the fate of the ship with you. And then later I think you will boast that Falken Drango served as your navigator, once at least. And it will be worth a cup at any bar in Stormreach."
He ate hastily, then.

"But you should put on all available speed now, before Olaus grows hungry enough to raise pursuit. Your ship, fine as she is, is toothpicks to a benthic serpent. We may catch enough speed from the coming storm to outrun Olaus the grey." Above, Jack heard her lookout in the crow's nest announce Drango's assertion to the ship:

"Storm! There's a scupper coming!"

Jack
 player, 21 posts
Fri 29 Jun 2018
at 18:14
Re: 1: A bone to pick

"Well, it was worth a try."


It was. Jack could respect his effort—testing the waters—and the small twitch at the corner of her lips told Falken as much. She nodded in return to most of his words, though she gave a warm laugh at his ego, amused and delighted.

"Once? Oh, I think I shall boast more than once of you, Falken. And I shall be the first to fill your cup once we are safely in Stormreach." She smiled at the thought of raising a toast to him once they were ashore, but her smile faded and her brow quirked in curiosity at his last remark. "How did you...know?"

Magic?

Jack refused to utter the word and wore a musing frown as she stood. Calm, though the shouts from above held a chord of urgency. "I instructed the First Mate to seize the wind earlier, but considering there will now be more of it to catch in the sails, I should return to the helm to speak with him. I would like for you to join me." Partly because she didn't want to leave him alone in her cabin, but mostly because: "I will introduce you to Halleck as our new...Sailing Master." Aka: officer in charge of navigation and piloting. Would Halleck balk at taking navigation from a stranger? "There is an unease of these waters. Settle it, and you will find more welcome, than not."

A pirate's life. Ever changing tides. Sometimes one had to be as mercurial as the winds to survive. Jack wouldn't have it any other way, the freedom always hers to choose.
The GM
 GM, 128 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 02:58
Re: 1: A bone to pick
Falken Drango
"Of course." He opened the cabin door and bowed with a flourish. Then, he leaned close to Jack's ear. "I'll tell you how.... In these waters the only time there is a storm coming is when you're not in the middle of one!" He grinned widely. "Lay on Captain! I look forward to demonstrating my worth" He followed Jack to the helm, all the while admiring the Minerva's Joy.

Jack
 player, 22 posts
Mon 2 Jul 2018
at 04:52
Re: 1: A bone to pick

"...when you're not in the middle of one!"


Although Jack was at first taken by the heat of Falken's breath on her ear, she couldn't help but laugh at his answer. Glad for the simplicity of it, she cherrily declared, "Then the sooner we are out of these waters, the better!"

That Falken's eyes lavished attention on her ship did not escape Jack's notice as she turned and led the way, taking the steps to the helm with practiced ease. She paused at the top and glanced back at Captain Drango. "I near forgot to ask," she said with a smile, her blue eyes finding his. "What was the name of your ship?"

Without waiting for a reply, Jack faced forward again and made quick the distance to her First Mate. "Halleck," she announced in her most captain-y voice. "This fine fellow" —and by 'fine', she meant 'pirate'— "that we've pulled from the sea is none other than Captain Drango of the—" she looked to Falken to fill in the blank "—and I have made him our new Sailing Master, for he claims a talent of such and shall see us out of these benthic-ridden waters to Stormreach."

She looked now to her Sailing Master to prove his worth.
The GM
 GM, 130 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 16:59
Re: 1: A bone to pick
Falken Drango
"She was the Nightslink."

He took looks in several directions; there was the storm barreling in from the north, blowing irregularly south. "There's wind aplenty if you take her!" He looked back. There was no sign of Olaus. "He's out there..." He cast his eyes along their route. "There be your choices, Captain; with the wind due south as fast as we can; see if we lose your hungry friend with speed from the storm. Or..." He turned and shielded his eyes looking south-west. "Brave the Teeth. That old wyrm won't like rubbing his belly on the rocks. If we head into that water, Olaus should turn from Shargon's Teeth and let us be. Then all we need do is avoid the rocks ourselves."


OOC: There are two challenges you can choose from:
  1. A Strength-based run south for speed
  2. A Dexterity-based run south-west through the Teeth

You must also decide if:
  • Falken contributes a roll to the challenge
  • Falken Helps you, giving you Advantage in your roll.


Olaus will be rolling against you.

Jack
 player, 24 posts
Thu 5 Jul 2018
at 04:23
Re: 1: A bone to pick

"She was the Nightslink."


A name with any number of connotations, though Jack imagined a stealthy ship who’s captain preferred to work under cover of night. Another theory brought Olaus to mind…

"Seize the wind!" Jack commanded with all confidence, her thoughts rapid-fire even as she shouted out orders to the rest of the crew to aid Halleck in getting all wind to the sails.

One —Olaus wasn't directly bearing down on them at the moment. Two— They had the advantage of strong winds and a new Sailing Master who proclaimed to handle himself well at sea, which he appeared to be proving. And Three— There was no sense in trading one trouble for another. Shargon's Teeth. It remained in the back of Jack's thoughts that Falken's ship had carried upon a reef, which was a disaster for any ship. She would rather avoid the rocks altogether!

~



I choose:

A Strength-based run south for speed.
Jack rolled [22] using 1d20+6 with rolls of 16.
Jack rolled [3] using 1d6 with rolls of 3.  Hero Point spend on speed.
Total [25]

And...

Falken Helps you, giving you Advantage in your roll.

Because I'm presuming that "Advantage" means that whatever Falken rolls will be added to Jack's roll. Correct?

This message was last edited by the player at 04:36, Thu 05 July 2018.

The GM
 GM, 135 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 10 Jul 2018
at 16:52
Re: 1: A bone to pick
Falken Drango
"All right Captain, speed you shall have." The crew scurried to shift the sails for their new heading and to scoop as much power from the storm as they could. There was a space of time before they were caught by the full fury of the tempest when they could muster the most out of it.

Olaus rose out of the seas astern. His gargantuan neck towered over the surface, two huge eyes seeming to glow with cold malice. The crew gaped.

"He's ... grown some."

[7 blank lines suppressed]

OOC: Advantage lets your roll two d20 and take the higher of the two.
Conversely, Disadvantage makes you take the lower of the two.
The GM, for the NPC Olaus, rolled 17 using 1d20+14 with rolls of 3.  Sailing check.
The GM, for the NPC Falken Drango, rolled 9 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 2.
Since you didn't actually use (or need) Advantage I went ahead and rolled a separate attempt for Drango.
Get three successes before the serpent does. You have one success.

Jack
 player, 26 posts
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 03:44
Re: 1: A bone to pick

There was no help for it. Jack gaped too, though she'd always told herself she'd never do such a fool thing as stand stupefied in the face of horror. An easy target. Not her! But in that instant, she found herself comparing the size of Olaus' chompers to the height of a man. It was, of course, that very thought that snapped her back into action.

"Haul up the clew garnets, buntlines, and leechlines!" Jack's strong voice commanded the crew as she braced herself against the lee, her red hair flapping like a wild flame in the tempest. She kept an eye to the wind, the sails, Olaus, and her crew. "Clew up, brave hearts! Furl the sail fast and secure the yard! More hands to the helm!"

Each order thereafter was designed to make the best of the storm, to run off downwind. Reduce sail as needed, while she took care not to go so fast as to bury the bow in the back of a wave. It wouldn't do to pitchpole end over end.

Jack looked to Falken, too. "Some?" She laughed at first, because it beat the alternative. Then, on to the dire nature of things and holding a man to his oath. "What do you say, Sailing Master? Is the wind still with us, or should we head for the teeth?"

The latter was not a choice she wanted to make, to trade Olaus' teeth for that of stone. She had things to do and places to be! By the Host! Being swallowed whole or dashed to smithereens wasn't on her agenda.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:44, Thu 12 July 2018.

The GM
 GM, 142 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 19:56
Re: 1: A bone to pick
Falken Drango
"Well, someone's been feeding him! I can lose him in the rocks, but it's a shame to give up the lead we have on him! If he catches us, this ship will not long last him though. No difference between the Teeth and his teeth. Your call, Captain."





1st Mate Halleck
"Should we throw something more overboard, Captain?"







The sea creature was surging through the surf, but Minerva's Joy caught the wind. Jack's furious directions to the crew meshed seamlessly with the actions of the Sailing Master. Jack was reminded of a ballet that she'd seen long ago in a Questor theater. She'd been high up in the rafters, and she could see all the actors and dancers moving together, synchronized with perfection. That perfection was before her now as the crew and ship became one with the fury of the storm.

All that was missing was the music.
Instead, she heard the throaty laughter of Falcon Drango reveling in their triumph. Olaus followed for several minutes more, falling ever behind, until he was a tiny speck. Then he dove under the water and even that speck was lost to sight.

OOC:
Olaus, rolled 23 using 1d20+14 with rolls of 9.  Sailing check.
Falken Drango, rolled 27 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 20.  Sailing check.
You have three successes.
You now have clear sailing to Stormreach.

Jack
 player, 28 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2018
at 17:46
Re: 1: A bone to pick

There was music.

Falken's laughter was music to Jack's ears as she watched Olaus become nothing more than a speck on the horizon. She turned to face Falken squarely then, a wide smile on her face and something fervid in her eyes. She obeyed impulse, pulled him into her embrace, her lips pressed warm against his in an instant of shared triumph. And then she broke the embrace, snorting back a laugh.

"Well, someone's been feeding him!" Jack mimicked quietly with a grin.  "Oh, but I could kiss you again, I think! ...Halleck," she called out to her First Mate, though her gaze never left Falken.  "Excellent helmsmanship! Now, if you would, kindly return Drango's knife. He's one o' us now, isn't he?"

A rhetorical question. Captain Jack had already provided the answer.




W00t! Thank goodness I set cookies out for the dice gods. :)
The GM
 GM, 148 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 23:13
Re: 1: A bone to pick
Falken Drango
Drango, still dumb-struck, was unable to shape his thoughts into words.

"I... "
1st Mate Halleck
Halleck was wide-eyed. "Did what I just see really happen?" Halleck drew the knife and strode with purpose in his eyes. His face was grim and serious. "What you did was..." he hefted the knife then thrust it towards Falken --

hilt first. "Incredible!" He said clapping the man's shoulder.

Falken Drango
Falken accepted the knife with a nod. Brandishing it aloft he shouted "Three cheers for Captain Jack!"

"Hipip!" "Hurrah!"
"Hipip!" "Hurrah!"
"Hipip!" "Hurrah!"



And then the storm, which had blown them at such a rate, overtook the 'Joy, but the jubilant spirits of the crew would not be dampened, no matter the rain. With thunder crashing all about them, Hallek took up a short haul, belting out the song loud enough to be heard stem to stern over the surf. The crew shouted out the chorus with gusto:

Now when I was a little lad,  so me mother told me ♬
‘Way haul away, we’ll haul away Joe!
That if I didn’t kiss the gals me lips would all grow moldy. ♪
‘Way haul away, we’ll haul away Joe!

An’ I sailed the seas for many a year not knowin’ what I was missin’,
Then I sets me sails afore the gales an’ started in a-kissin’.

I got myself a Q'barra gal an’ her name was ir'Kesslan,
She stole me boots, she stole me clothes, she pinched me plate an’ pannikin.

I courted then an Aundair gal, she took things free an’ easy,
But now I’ve got a Brelish gal an’ sure she is a daisy.

Oh, once I was in Karnathi-land a-diggin’ bones an’ faces,
But now I’m on a Lhazaar ship an’ a-haulin’ on the braces. ♪  ♬


Theme Music

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:17, Mon 16 July 2018.

Jack
 player, 30 posts
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 04:11
Re: 1: A bone to pick

Captain Jack returned the cheers with a flourish of a bow and joined in the chorus, relishing their victory with a grand smile upon her face. The crashing thunder and the rain only added to her delight. Jack always felt more enlivened during a storm, and as such, she lifted her voice in another song.

    "Cloaked In Folds Of Midnight Waters
     Side By Side, We Sons And Daughters
     We Set Forth For No King's Orders,
     But We'll Sail Together

          ♬   ♪   ♬

     Hold Fast! Tides Are Turning
     Flames Roar! Fires Are Burning
     We'll All Be Returning
     If We Sail Together

     All On The Waves Shall Know Our Story
     Sing Of The Battles, Fought Ashore
     We All Shall Thrive On Fame And Glory
     When We Sail Together

               ♬   ♪   ♬

     Words Of Warning Have Been Spoken
     Olaus The Great Has Awoken
     Still, Until Our Bond Is Broken
     We Shall Sail Together!
     We Shall Sail Together..
     We Shall Sail Together..."
  - https://youtu.be/O6OI2-p-_AE -

When the revelry settled and all went about their assigned tasks, Jack's thoughts turned toward their mission in Stormreach...