1: Three Sheets to the Wind.   Posted by The GM.Group: 0
Doriah d'Hevian
 player, 16 posts
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 13:40
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Doriah smiled as she took in her surroundings. Sure, there was reason to be careful here, but the pub seemed above board - pun intended. What's more, it had a good and interesting view on account of being on the water.

She watched the dwarf serving people as she and Old Fish found themselves a table. Her eyebrow rose slightly when Old Fish asked for a bottle, but she didn't interrupt. Instead, she listened with interest, learning as she went along.

"My name's Doriah," she said with a nod, particularly curious when the old man asked about Archie. When the bets were exchanged, she frowned. "Fifty says I find him within a year."

When the dwarf turned to her for her order, she thought for a second. "A mug of ale would be good. Do you have any food here?"


OOC: Is Uldrik in the same bar/drinking establishment? Doriah's at The Leaky Dinghy (I think), which is on a boat.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:43, Sat 01 Sept 2018.

The GM
 GM, 235 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Mon 3 Sep 2018
at 02:34
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Falgor Finney
"Ha! She'd got you on the hook Old Fish! Well then Doriah, welcome to the Leaky Dingy, or the Runaground, depending on which way you come in. Lot o' newcomers get that curious look in their eye when they come in..." He glances at the newcomers. "Augh. I hate we we get busy. The gruel's out, but I have some roast chicken I was saving... Eh, I'll be hungrier tomorrow. I'll take that bet, though. We don't have enough Archie's to go around these days. Everybody watching out for themselves..." He was looking pointedly at Old fish, who was still focused on the door.

Old Fish was just nodding, and watching the newcomers with an unwavering eye. Doriah realized Old Fish had taken the exact spot from which he could observe all the entrances, without standing out.
Trafalgar
Along with the dwarf, was another cleric, and while the dwarven cleric was helping a pale human, the human cleric was helping a dark drow man inside. They looked up when Falgor shouted to them.
Falgor Finney
"Be with ye in a minnit!" Falgore called
Drunken Dragoon
"By Thunder! It's Trafalgar come back from the dead!" Shouted the dragoon. He rose unsteadily to his feet, staggering from drink. "The Wave Riders have returned!" he shouted triumphantly. And then with all attention upon him, the drunken man rolled up his eyes and collapsed heavily onto the table scattering the cards and drinks in every which way.
Old Fish
"Well, now. That's interesting...." muttered Old Fish. Just loud enough for Doriah to hear. "See that, Deneith? The ripples in the water?"

Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 27 posts
Wed 5 Sep 2018
at 01:31
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
"Friend of yours Zalen?" Uldrik asks The young cleric. as he watched the drunk dragoon collapse to the ground in the most disruptive way possible. Luckily it didn't seem like it caused to much of a ruckus. Uldrik half expected a nasty fight to break out with all the spilled and the ruined game. It seems there wasn't money on the line or at least not enough for those at the table to care.
The GM
 GM, 245 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 07:57
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Zalen Trafalgar
"Fires above, no! No. I've never seen that man before in my life!"
Falgor Finney
"Arawai's inverted nipples! What now!?." He moved quickly to where the two companions of the prostrate gambler were gathering the coins and tokens from their game. "Now, have a little compassion. At leas set 'im back on his chair afore ye go an rob the man.." His eye was on the newcomers, both the hale and the injured. "I've got a table over there, but are yousure yer not mistakin' the Leaky Dinghy fer a Jorasco healing hut? I got cures for a rotten day, but not much of real medicinal value...."

The dwarf's eyebrows went up when  he got a close look at Zalen. "Balinor's backside! You do look the spitting image of Soloman Trafalgar himself!"
Zalen Trafalgar
"Ah, No. That's not me, I'm Zalen.... Ehrm, Solomon was my ... uncle. These men are under our care, and stable, if a bit invalid. We just need a bit of rest, and then some help with directions. I'm to be...  that is I've been put in charge of the Silver Lodge here."
Falgor Finney
"Well Solomon's sorely missed around here." He eyed the uncounscious mand sympathetically "Some miss the waveriders more than others. Oh! Aye-aye, then Sit yerself a spell." Falgore said. As he bustled about taking orders, the crowd went back to their drinks, and the room returned to the only normal it knew.

Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 28 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 03:10
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
"So you've a famous Uncle and he was one of these waveriders?" Uldrik asks as he starts drinking his ale. Uldrik was new to Stormreach and any information about the place was new to him. Plus knowing the background of some of the famous groups and maybe some of their exploits might even help point him in the right direction to find what he and rand we after.
The GM
 GM, 247 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 00:35
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Zalen Trafalgar
"I actually don't know that much about him. Growing up in the abbey, not much was spoken of him, and that which was said, was not ... particularly flattering. My guess is that man there--" he indicated the snoring Dragoon "will know more about my uncle than I do. For myself, I plan on concentrating on the tasks I have before me, and not the smoke from fires long passed." He wiped his hand over his face, then sought the bartender's attention.
"Pray, Ser Finney, I was told you know of the Silver Lodge? I need to get there."
Falgor Finney
"Aye, but ye'll need a guide if yer new in town. Ah'm too busy here. Y'see thet Tulita there in th' corner? Thet's Ekewaka Tua. He kin take yas, if ye give him some time to sober up."
Ekewaka Tua
Slumped in the corner, nearly as drunk as the dragoon was a drow with tribal tattoos. He waved weakly when Falgor caught his eye.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:36, Tue 11 Sept 2018.

Ivello d'Lyrandar
 player, 12 posts
Sat 15 Sep 2018
at 03:31
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Ivello had hidden in the shadows a good bit to observe the tavern before he went and committed himself to going in. He'd scowled a bit when he saw the dwarf, his invalid friend, and the Silver Flamer go in, to be safe while still in the shadows, his features shifted again to a different looking human. This new form more hunkered and old, more fitting with the area it seemed. His hair whitened and somewhat ragged

He figured he still had a good bit left on his spell, so he finally strode across the street and entered the tavern, just in time to hear the dwarf pointing the Silver cleric to a drunken drow for directions.

He walked up and stood at the bar, lowered his voice register and asked in his best impression of a lowly sailor, "'ave ye rooms 'ere, er jes' the ale and meats? I need some'ere ta bunk outa fer a bit."
Doriah d'Hevian
 player, 18 posts
Sat 15 Sep 2018
at 22:32
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
"Thank you, Finney," she'd said in response to the dwarf's welcome.

The Leaky Dinghy probably wasn't a pub she'd ever have thought to choose for herself, but she was happy the old man had shown her here. Sometimes it was the best way to discover new places and things.

She too glanced over at the newcomers, doing a double-take when she recognised a familiar face.

"I wouldn't say no to some roast chicken or that bet," she'd replied, grinning.

When her name was spoken, Doriah looked out into the water, wondering if something was about to happen.

"Excuse me," she told the men for a moment, smiling when she was certain of Zalen's familiar presence. He wasn't due here for a while, she thought, so it was great to see him. She'd just hoped to have got the lodge in order by then. At least now she'd have some help and it definitely seemed like it wouldn't be an easy job.

She approached Zalen, setting her hands on her hips so there could be little doubt who it was. "You never fail to surprise me, Zalen Trafalgar. I wonder what it is about this place on this day."
Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 29 posts
Sun 16 Sep 2018
at 01:55
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Uldrik gave the drunken Tulita a quick look over to try and gauge how long it would take for him to sober up. Uldrik recalled a spell that could probably do the job and sober the Tulita up immediately. Unfortunately he had not prepared it. So it looked like they were going to have to wait. Although feeding the Tulita would probably go a long way to sobering him up quicker. Just as he was about to dob that a woman approached and addressed Zalen. "You're popular today." Uldrik joked but otherwise did not interfere with the seemingly happy reunion. It seemed like they had not seen each other in a while. So Zalen would probably like a couple minutes to catch up.

 "I'd like to order some bread for the Tulita. Getting something in his stomach should sober him up a bit faster."
The GM
 GM, 262 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 01:23
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Falgor Finney
"We used to let folks sleep in the upper levels until there was that thing that flew off with the guy. Best content yerself with th' 'ale and meats.'

Chicken, yeah."
The dwarf was getting busy, and it was hard to tell whom he was talking to.
Zalen Trafalgar
Doriah realized as she moved to Zalen that these were the ripples the old man had meant; the new arrivals making commotion, affecting others just by their presence. And what would the others do, but spread the word, and spread the commotion; ripples in a pond. Zalen smiled like only a young man can smile, all delight, and no pretense. "Doriah! The Bright Flame must have sent you! Oh what a journey we've had. This is Ulrik, he's my friend, and we met on the ship. It was a Stormship! I'd never seen the like. And there was a whale, and a shark. That's why we have Akamai, here. I was taking him to the lodge, to care for him. He was bitten by the shark trying to save the Lt. Commander. But he's okay. The Lt. Commander. Akamai will be okay too. But then I realized that I don't know where the lodge was. And it's such a city; I'd be lost wandering in the dark. So if you say you're surprised, just imagine how surprised I am. The Flame shines a light, and I count myself blessed!" He was out of breath.
Falgor Finney
"Bread. Gotcha. It might take more'n that to straighten 'im though. He came in reeking of kuryeva and dragon smoke, and that's not a mix ye get over in a hurry. I was making some caf fer me'self, but I kin go without fer one night. That might help. Don't let him nod off, or he'll be the devil to wake. Sa-a-a-ay." He paused a moment in thought.
"The Lodge used to be a place to bunk down if yer needed a spot that kept the rain off, and yer didn't mind a silver tongue flamin' atcha. If that young Trafalgar is serious about opening it up agin, mebby you kin offer a bed to thet old sailor feller. He said he could use one."

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:31, Thu 20 Sept 2018.

Ivello d'Lyrandar
 player, 13 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 04:20
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Ivello-as-old man scowled a little at the notion to sleep in the church with Zalen and Uldrik, "have ye no inns 'ere in Stormreach then?"

He looked squinting at the dwarf and silver flamer, though maybe they could help me in my investigations. More bodies and such he thought to himself.
The GM
 GM, 265 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 14:12
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Falgor Finney
"Oh aye, there's inns. They rent the rooms by right of conquest, and if ye kill enough ye git a suite at the top." Falgor joked with a straight face. "See thet big, fat Tulita? He bunks atop the building three doors down. His pallet is nestled between a tarp he puts up every night and a ledge about two foot high, so's he don't roll off. Thet skinny one sleeps in the big feller's lee. Mebby you ask them if yer kin sleep between 'em? They'd be warm neighbors.... Or if thet won't suit, I kin letcha have the loft fer free. Lemme know yer next o' kin though, jest in case summat flies by t'ketch ye." The dwarf glared and then moved about the room to satisfy drink and food requests.

Neva Borne
 player, 22 posts
Thu 20 Sep 2018
at 22:00
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
The door swung open and two persons dragged a third into the room. While one remained with the disabled fellow, the other disentangled to walk up to the bar. It was then that people picked out a few things in the gloom. Firstly, of the three only the disabled man was easily recognizable as human. He seemed drunk or under the influence of something potent and was singing something under his breath as he was hanging heavily off the tall man who stayed with him. That particular fellow was of a very peculiar race, one most folk had never seen before; a Githyanki. What one was doing here was a mystery.

The third, who was now walking up to the bar, was a familiar race but not a familiar sight, for it was a changeling woman who chose not to use her innate abilities to pass as a different race. Instead her smooth features were so milky the eye seemingly slid off without making out any features. Only her eyes, deep pools of black, offered anything solid in her face to focus on. She was dressed out of place too, wearing Brelish city garb. She had a very sure stride and the rough surroundings did not seem concerning to her. Indeed, she easily picked out the owner of the establishment and beelined for him..

"I need a bed and a barber. 'Pulled a wounded one from a shipwreck just now."
Ivello d'Lyrandar
 player, 14 posts
Thu 20 Sep 2018
at 23:15
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Ivello was about to respond with to the dwarf with as much sarcasm and venom as he could when the door burst open and someone came in asking for a bed and healer. He looked at the Silver Flamer for a response to that, but he only muttered quietly, "good luck gettin' a bed, seems there're none ta be found here..."

He the sat and watched, waiting to see how things panned out with the changeling.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:53, Thu 20 Sept 2018.

Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 30 posts
Thu 20 Sep 2018
at 23:39
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Uldrik ignored the interjection of the old man that suddenly move to sit at the bar near him. He was about to answer Falgor when the changeling asked for a bed and a barber. As the old man made a sarcastic joke Uldrik waited patiently for Falgor to answer the changeling's question before responding to the apparently always extremely busy dwarf bartender. When Falgor had finished responding to the Changeling and Uldrik answered the dwarf's earlier question. "I will ask Zalen. He is the one responsible for the lodge now so he's in charge of who can stay or not. That said he's a good lad and not the sort to turn someone in need away if he can help. I hope this city doesn't bleed him dry. It looks like it could use more of his ilk."
Doriah d'Hevian
 player, 21 posts
Thu 20 Sep 2018
at 23:56
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
It seemed the ripples in the pond were growing. That in itself drew a smile, but most of all, it was seeing her old friend and mentor again.

"I thought it was you who sent me, unless you mean here? The old man at my table - I didn't get his name - showed me here. I thought some research might be in order before your arrival, and it's common that the best place to find information on one's area is of course a tavern." At least, that was her excuse and she was sticking to it.

"Nice to meet you, Ulrik." She greeted him with a friendly nod.
"It sounds like your journey was a dangerous one, but I'm glad you made it here well, other than Akamai's shark bite, that is. I know where the lodge is, but I'm afraid it will need some renovation, and probably unlocking by the city guard."

She winced knowing Zalen wouldn't be pleased when he saw it, but then he might be a man who liked a fixer-upper. She'd certainly been in that state when he'd first befriended her.

Doriah wasn't sure if Falgor meant the old man who'd guided her here. "The only thing is we're not sure what we're going to find in there yet."

"I'm pleased to meet you," she said to Ivello.
She often wondered if new people she met might've been those she'd fought against during the war, and she always found herself hoping they weren't. She shook the thought aside, and focused again on her surroundings.

Somehow she'd missed the fact two people were dragging a third into the room until that moment. She'd only rarely seen a changeling before, and the woman's appearance fascinated her. Talk of a shipwreck made her wonder if it was far from here. Could it be a stormship like the one Zalen travelled on? She guessed it was more likely the regular kind. For now she listened.
The GM
 GM, 270 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Fri 21 Sep 2018
at 22:59
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Falgor Finney
"Beds?! Breads!? Barbers!? Bedamned! This is not House Jorasco! Put all the wounded and unconscious people over there." the dwarf shouted. "Now then! This here's Zalen Trafalgar! Yeah? Kin to Solomon Trafalgar. He's a great an' powerful healer of the Silver Frame. He's come to re-open the lodge! Ain't thet great? An he's got a cot fer each o' youse thet feels a bit poorly, or if youse need a nap! I'm busy serving breads and beers to folks who ain't gonna pay me anyhow!" He handed out the aforementioned foodstuffs and drinks while glaring out from eyebrows that seemed afire.
Zalen Trafalgar
Zalen had a look on his face that was usually reserved for hunted deer. "Uh. Yes. I mean, yes! I'll ... just, uh... We need to examine the wounded to see if holy intervention is needed. Once everyone is assured safe to travel we can ... uhh ... go to the Lodge together?" Eyes wide in panic he looked to Doriah "Yes, no. I meant I did ask you here, but not here-here. To Stormreach. Not the Leaky Thingy. But I'm so glad you are here. Ulricks been a great help, and I told them they could stay at the Lodge." He had started to look at the injured singing man while he spoke to Doriah. "The ... Finney said that poor drunk knows the way, but he's in no condition to take -- Another shark bite?" the young cleric exclaimed when he looked at the man's missing hand.
Mr. Scratch
"Isss juzt a scratch.

as I sailed  ♫
.. take warning here ... shun bad company   ♪
Or you'll wind up just like me   ♪
  ♬
You'll wind up just like me!"

Arath
"Aye, He'll be asking for something to ease the pain soon. That bite's only two days old. Fishing accident; got too close to the fish. But pay little heed to his words, he only made marginally more sense before the accident. I am Arath. This is Mr. Scratch. I leave him in your care." He placed Scratch on a bench where Trafalgar had indicated.
Zalen Trafalgar
"You are bleeding too, or something." Zalen indicated the gore on the githyanki's back. "You sit too."

He turned to the dragonmarked. "Doriah, you can guide us to the Lodge, couldn't you? I have a keystone that should grant us access. Uldrik, can I impose upon you to help get these folks organized?"
Rand Thorn
"Whoa!" Rand said when the githyanki sat next to him "That's quite a smell."

Uldrik Mroranon
 player, 31 posts
Fri 21 Sep 2018
at 23:49
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Ulrik nodded back to Dorian. He was going to say something, but then the barkeep started steaming and shouting. Ulrick really couldn't get in a word in edgewise until Zalen asked him to organize the wounded "Sure. I'll get right on it." Ulrik then gave everyone who was wounded a quick look over to see what their overall status was. Who could walk, who needed help moving and who needed to be carried. IF any of them had conditions that would be worsened if jostled and therefore needed bracing, bandaging or the like before being moved. After seeing what he could and taking care of what conditions needed to be addressed. He walked over to the drunk Tulita and tried to get the man to stand so he could be moved over to the others and join the group as they headed out to the silver lodge.

"I'm going to have to ask all those who are fully able to walk on their own to assist those who can't. Mr Scratch and this man here." Uldrik said pointing to the drunk Tulita "Seem like the two who need the most help. Rand and Akamai may need a hand from time to time, but can more or less walk on their own. Arath you and your changeling companion helped Mr Scratch here, can the two of you manage to help him to the silver lodge? Zalen you helped Akamai to this bar so I am sure you can continue to assist him to the lodge. I'll Help the Tulita. Ms. Doriah can I ask you to lend a hand to Rand?"


OOC:  Medicine check: 25

19:34, Today: Uldrik Mroranon rolled 25 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 19.  medicine check

Neva Borne
 player, 23 posts
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 23:16
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Hoooo boy, the Silver Flame. Today was Mr. Scratch's lucky day as far as Neva was concerned. Who better to to look after him then a horde of zealots who could do magic? She on the other hand had no intention of going anywhere near that lodge. For one, the Silver flame had never done her any good and second, one had to be a little weary of self-proclaimed do-gooders who believed they were helping the world by killing anything that didn't fit into their picture of a perfect world like lycanthropes and shifters. She knew full well the most rabid torchbearers were already gunning for changelings as something to put on the 'not allowed to live in our perfect world' list. Nope, she had no intention of going anywhere near that place.

Still, she didn't really want to say something that could land mr. Scratch in the gutter, especially not after dragging his arse all the way here. She flopped into a chair and put her boots on the table with a sigh.
"We already dragged him for miles and fought through a horde of critters to get here. Do whatever you do here, will ya?"
The GM
 GM, 275 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sun 23 Sep 2018
at 22:48
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Rand Thorn
The invalid explorer looked at Neva. "You're... changeling, aren't you? Fascinating. Do you know that changeling artifacts are the only ones to be found in every clime? Even here in Xend'rik, there are indicators of concurrent occupation during the reign of the Giants. How thin can you make yourself?"

Ivello d'Lyrandar
 player, 15 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 18:07
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
As Doriah introduced herself to his altered form, Ivello nodded in reply, "and I, yeh as well.". A smile seemed to crack his weathered face for the first time since he entered. "Shame about tha; one..." he said pointing towards Zalen slightly, "all the wounded and maimed who seem to be gathering like moths to the Silver Flame. Hope he survives his first day in port."

His voice changed slightly and unconsciously with his last sentence, though only the most observant would hear it likely with all the other commotion going on in the bar at the moment.
Neva Borne
 player, 24 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 23:02
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Neva raised her eyebrows at the man asking questions. Or at least appeared she did, it was a bit hard to judge.

"Why, are you looking for a broomstick?" She smirked an impish grin.
The GM
 GM, 281 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 25 Sep 2018
at 22:18
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Rand Thorn
"Broomstick? No. Well, now, see: I am what you would call an extreme explorer. One does not simply walk into Xend'rik, but I have. And the places I've gone... loaded with traps, creatures, ancient curses... they sometimes call for unusual capabilities. I had to leave a jewel behind in a tomb because I could not fit my shoulders through a gap. It was as big as your fist, that stone. Blue as the sky." He shook his head, recalling. "Anyhow, I idly wondered about changelings then. And I've kept my eye open, but if I've seen them, I didn't know it. Until you. So, no I don't need a broomstick, but I need to find some one to help me clean up."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:25, Wed 26 Sept 2018.

Doriah d'Hevian
 player, 24 posts
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 10:58
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Doriah winced when there was talk of using the lodge.. right now.

"The lodge might need some work to be habitable - basically," she said, shrugging her shoulders, "but if you can get in, I'm sure we could clear somewhere for the injured to rest. It should keep the rain off and the elements out, but it's going to need some work, Zalen."

Uldrik was doing a great job of organizing the chaos - because that's how she otherwise saw it, at least before his intervention, but a slight pout formed on her lips because she hadn't had time to eat her chicken. She set some money on the table, and grabbed a chicken leg to take with her and put it in her pack.

She smiled when Ivello spoke of Zalen. "He's got me, and I suspect not just me, to protect him. Besides, he's a capable man in his own right. I think he'll be alright."

Doriah approached Rand, not quite sure what help she could give. "Do you need healing or just help reaching the lodge?"
Neva Borne
 player, 26 posts
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 19:27
Re: 1: Three Sheets to the Wind
Neva's raised eyebrows remained peak and furrowed a little into a frown. One eyebrow rose above the other.
"You're in the business of robbing tombs!?"
Her tone was part aghast, part amused. In truth she wanted to know more. this might be the sort of man she needed for her own little jaunt into the land of dead giants..