1: Becalmed in Stormreach.   Posted by The GM.Group: 0
The GM
 GM, 75 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Fri 1 Jun 2018
at 04:40
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
The sound was lower, still lower, every bit of the way. Until Tremor stood on the cobbles of the alley. And the sound came from under his hairy feet. Now he could hear, ever so faintly, another sound, a voice high and sweet, singing a lullaby.

Nearby, Tremor saw a group of three rats suddenly stop scurrying. The cur, more of a skinny puppy, really, trotted towards the apparent meal and then it too, suddenly lay down in the street.

A heaviness descended on Tremor's lids, and with that, suddenly the long night seemed to catch up with him. He was sore pressed to join the resting animals there on the cobbles. His mind hungered for sleep.

But he did not.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:28, Fri 01 June 2018.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 28 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Sat 2 Jun 2018
at 09:29
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Could this be linked to the silent and darkened Lodge?

Twine? Leather line? Bootlace? Stick? As prod or as pole?

The Halfing made his way down to the rats and cur.  Cur is too big rat though cannot really be trusted. Cur might be trusted and trained; that campaign would require treats.

Tremor pulled a shirt lace and tied it to the left rear leg of a sleeping rat. Now a pole or bit of wood and a loop over that and the rat is now dangling like sleeping divining rod. then a bit of a dip into a puddle or a quick dash to the ground and back up to wake it.

Not quite a canary, not as yellow. Oh how the Zil's love their feathered, preening, colorful pets.

Could it be roused or was the rat's slumber deeper?

How does one follow a singing traveler of the sewers from above?

Was it headed away from or towards the Lodge? Was it one or many? Listening at storm drains, that might help. A Warforged might help, a Flamekeeper might help, a modicum of caution might help.

If this meant going into the sewer, hard soled boots might help, a blistering pox of blackened sorcerous Khyber leeches upon the thing that would make plunging his soft boots into...

< cascade of images of bowel movements from Giants to Gnolls >


02:30, Today: Tremor Enkau Valevine rolled 20 using 1d20+7.  Investigation to follow singing direction from above.

02:31, Today: Tremor Enkau Valevine rolled 13 using 1d20+5.  Perception to listen at Storm drains.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:32, Sat 02 June 2018.

The GM
 GM, 81 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 02:28
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
It was a simple matter to construct a ratty divining rod. So simple, that Tremor wondered if there wasn't somewhere that a profit might be made in the manufacture and sale of rat divining rods. Once the animal regained its senses, the thought lost most of its appeal. After that, the dog seemed a more palatable companion. The leftover chicken would make a substantial impression on the starved puppy.

The squeaky cart continued its subterranean motion. Tremor explored with confidence in his rat-rod, brandishing it in a prodding search, but he found no further sopophoric effects. There was no nearby entrance to the underground sewers, and that must surely be where the sound came from. But where there are sewers, there are those who make it their business to know them. Even if they might make the angry rat seem like good company.
Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 29 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 11:00
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
"It is a Puzzler. Why must it be any other way? Perfume, kerchief, mask, waders, Wax or tallow, rash mendicants, salt, bags of salt, brushes, combs, a small fire, smoke cabinet, nose plugs.

By the Host my life is nothing but a general store list
."

Tremor stops, unwraps the saved dire fowl, throwing bits to the nearby cur.

Absently Tremor begins to speak to the cur.

"You know radishes grow in the ground, celery, cabbage, carrots, what Men call potae'toes. Flowers grow, mighty willows, brambles, berry bush, grapes of all kinds."

More scraps and Tremor sits, cross legged, one arm's elbow set in the knee crook, the other slowly flicking bits of dire fowl.

"I am none of those fine, growing things. If Eberron wanted me to wade in dark soils, I would have shoots and leafy bits. I like the sun, the stars for that matter. Who could possibly... the 'Forged. By the Seven Halls of Mror, I need to convince a 'Forged."

Time for sleep and work, time later to return and continue the puzzle.
The GM
 GM, 85 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sat 9 Jun 2018
at 04:43
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
The puppy followed, having either ascertained that the halfling would give him food; or that here was a person who didn't kick and was fairly entertaining. It was difficult for Tremor to say which.

The journey back might have been quicker, but Tremor desired no further surprises. There were none, and he collapsed for the meager remains of the night.

Tap
"Deep sleep." The warforged commented when Tremor began to wake. "Brought dog? Bought dog? He fetch, he ketch." Tap demonstrated with a ball made from tied rags. When the dog had returned the rag several times, Tap said:  "No good; need fud."

Then it indicated a birdcage that was sitting on the floor. The occupant was the rat previously tied to the stick; Tap had repaired the cage with a bit of wire. The rat eyed the puppy nervously, but the cur was glad to just give the cold rodent a friendly yip every now and again.
"Save rat. Slave rat. No eat. No beat."
Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 30 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Sun 10 Jun 2018
at 09:45
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Wake-fullness crept in like fingerlings of light and sound painting a blurry picture of the meager dwelling.

"Swift dog, Drift dog. His name is Drift."

"Slave rat, Pole rat. No beat, for street."

The Halfling, rolled up to his feet, stretched to his toe tips and flexed his fingers and then back.

"Steeljack face, Steeljack place?"
The GM
 GM, 87 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 02:59
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tap
The warforged turned his head to regard Tremor. He tapped the dent in his head with a polished metal fingertip. Someone had attached a decorative patch over the worst of the dent. Tremor had wondered if it covered a hole in its head which would have exposed Tap's inner works. 'Movement' it was called in timepieces.
"I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I---."

The warforged resolutely closed its mouth, then reopened it.

"I-I-I have a speech impedi-di-di-ment." He tapped rapidly; it sounded like rain on a cooking pan. "If I rhyme, it saves me time." He shrugged his shoulders in a deliberate way. "I-I-I und-er-er-stand you."

Tremor had discussed Varen Lassite's party plans at the Taproom with Tap earlier. It was to be the usual affair (Tremor observed that fancy parties except for a few notable exceptions followed a very similar theme with regard to details). Security was increased, but only due to the fact that many of the nobles invited would bring their own bodyguard. Lassite's guard usually stepped in when any ejection from the party was needed.

Tremor had managed to catch the responsibility apparently for placing the orders for the food, and also for making sure that they get 'double the order' but the order of what was not specified. The instructions asked for five courtesans from the Pink Conch; in particular a 'Vrina'.

The counsul from Breland was ineffective as a politician, but she does what she can for downfallen Brelish citizens in Stormreach. That takes money. Vandar Lassite needs entertainment, and she did have a lovely singing voice, and so each of their needs are met when she agreed to sing at the party. The booking of a live band is therefore also required of Tremor.

Tap said in his round-about way that the restaurants who catered the parties pretty knew what the orders were, they needed to be confirmed.

~Guest List~
for Varen Lassite's Taproom Party
Aeron Chambers
Alhaura díJorasco
Berrigan Enge
Bethany Razor
Calynden díLyrandar
Commander of the Dragoons Gregory Bonedeuce
DurgraníTorrn
Lord Gerald Goodblade
Magistrate Barrison Hargrove
Sorala díGhallanda
The current champion brawler at the Broken Skull
Tyzian Davandi
Valexa Von Ruthvek
Wernor Lyrriman díSivis
Haftak iríClarn
...
the list went on to include a total of sixty five names


There were no other Stormlords invited, and only a handful of the House members; and just one lone warforged: Steeljack of the Iron Guard.


They needed to visit the various locations to make the arrangements. "We walk, we talk. If we are to keep pet, then feed we must get."

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:34, Mon 23 July 2018.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 31 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 10:43
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tremor reflected on his own past, the lovely use of words and rhyme as a way of telling the histories. He knew that Tap could understand, from work at the Distillery, but he was so eager to enter the verbal joust, he forgot that is would seem be mocking to some who knew the 'forged.

"My apologies. I meant no offense, only to speak in the fraternity of rhyme.

Today we have much to do.  Steeljack first, then the cooks, the Consul from Breland, then the courtesans, then minstrels.

We have much to plan and to worry over
."
The GM
 GM, 93 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 23:49
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach



Tap
"Agreed. I concede. Steeljack-attack will be in Forgelight-fight. M-m-m-might.... Foundry boundary. Or...." Tap tapped its temple again. "Honey-ey cakes in Cross, boss. Bre-e-e-lish consulate too. Jade street's for sweet meats--Silverwall. I-I-I do not know where music is. You will see seven heads."

Tremor noticed that Drift seemed to want to follow.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 32 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 11:05
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
"Forgelight it is then.

Tap, without rhyme, I need you to tell me hat you know about Steeljack. Any dealings, any personal observations about him
."

Without really calling him, Tremor will buy street food on the way and occasionally take bits and feed Drift and pay some attention.
The GM
 GM, 99 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 22:11
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach



Tap
It seemed to struggle to comply with Tremor's request. Its expression was unreadable, but its reaction was faltering. "S-s-steeljack. So much potential, so much ac-c-complished. Is it a paragon? All who meet Steeljack love Steeljack. We do not interact frequently. It may not even remember Tap. Though if it did, it might be fond. Steeljack knows how to shake a hand. I know heads. There is a word: 'fraternity,' we do not have brothers, but we have fraternity. Unless something sets one apart."

Drift played a game in which he pretended to know the way, and sped ahead, and then kindly slowed so the bipeds could keep up.

Forgelight was heard before they saw it, the clanging and battering sounds were a battering counterpoint to the warforged footsteps. Drift decided to add his own excited yips to the clangor. There were no shout's though, no clamor of crowds. The anvils all did the talking. The ringing of metal accompanied them to the Watch house. Two of the largest warforged Tremor had seen stood on either side of the banded metal door that sealed what seemed to be a fortress sitting at the end of a street. Tap paused and regarded the halfling.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 33 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 08:56
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
To Tap, Tremor nods and listens, he hers words he associates with danger, then believes that Tap has used them in a way most, and Halfling, would not.

Drift can run and move about as he wishes.

To the two large 'Forged, Tremor will stop before them.

"I am on official business of Molouís Distillery. My name is Tremor Enkau Valevine. I request audience with Steeljack concerning a matter of that concerns my Stormlord."
The GM
 GM, 105 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 00:52
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach


Warforged Guard
The larger of the two, a warforged that showed battle scars that made is seem even more imposing, turned and looked at the travelers."You will not find Ser Steeljack here, Tremor Enkau Valevine. That one has gone to the Temple of the Sovereign Host. You will find Steeljack there." It resumed its stiff pose of attention.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 34 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 01:01
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tremor bows and with a clicking of his tongue to attract Drift, he turns.

To Tap, "We head to thee Temple."
The GM
 GM, 108 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 05:32
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
The Sovereign Host accompanied the early explorers to Xen'drik from Khorvair. This temple was built from the tithes collected for blessing, healing and burying those early treasure seekers who found fabulous treasures in the wilderness beyond the city. Now the temple was itself a treasure.

Below the octogram that symbolized the pantheon, a medium-sized crowd had gathered. There were tables and benches set out in the fountain area in front of the temple. Food was being served, and the poor of the city thronged. No-one was turned away, and it appeared as though no money was changing hands.

About a quarter of the way down the serving line, a metal form towered over its neighbors. The warforged incongruously wore an apron, and was talking to those in line and serving large dollops of something that looked like mashed potatoes.

"A-armor plates, serving p-p-plates. S-steeljack serves." said Tap, pointing.
Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 35 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 23:50
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
"Then we wait. I will not interrupt while he serves.

Yet, he cannot remain unaware of our need to speak
."

Tremor will think and remain alert to the movement of Steeljack.  If the 'Forged stoops his service on the meal line, Tremor will move to intercept.
The GM
 GM, 117 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sat 23 Jun 2018
at 19:17
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tap
Tap did not wait, he stepped forward until he was nearly to the line. Steeljack, noticed Tap and beckoned him. "S-S-Steeljack, I-I-I would like you to m-m-eet a f-f-friend. Tremor Enkau Valevine has a qu-qu-estion for you."
Steeljack
Steeljack's alien gaze turned from Tap to regard the halfling. "But of course! Join me--" it indicated the spots adjacent to its large frame. "--and I would be happy to help you as much as I can. But these people are hungry, and I pledged my service here."
Tap
Tap stepped between the tables to take up his station: some kind of thin green bean fried with herbs. "Bean? Green?" he said to the next in line.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:56, Thu 28 June 2018.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 37 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Mon 25 Jun 2018
at 09:10
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Am I truly aided in this, or AM I just on a path to learn more of 'Forged than i need to?

Tremor will be only a few steps behind Tap, as he realized  a new course had been set.

"I was not in favor of disturbing your service, just to be clear.

What I have to converse about is not a topic for an open hall. I will step back and wait.
How much of the day will pass before your service pledge is fulfilled
?"
The GM
 GM, 122 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 28 Jun 2018
at 19:03
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Steeljack
The warforge's eyes had been manufactured without any way to gauge where it was looking, but its face, oriented on Tremor's never wavered. "Tap, would you be so kind as to mind my spot for a few moments? If what you have to ask is not for the hall, Tremor Enkau Valevine, then I doubt it is meant to wait overlong. Come." He stepped away from the throng and led Tremor to a shaded spot under one of the temple buttresses.  "There. We are as alone as ever I am. Tell me, citizen, what troubles thee?"

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 39 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Sat 7 Jul 2018
at 11:44
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tremor assessed the location, escape routes, avenues of most difficulty for a armored heavy 'forged, best to know how best to get out of a location.


"Garreg Meldenbournehas... assigned me the preparation of the Tap Room for the event two days following this day. My duties extend to all manner of service and satisfaction of guest_ vice.

In order to provide, I must first know what to provide. I must hire companionship, musicians and servers.

You Steel-Jack are charged with the safety and sanctuary of the gathering.

What do I need to provide you to aid in your duty and what must I know of the unspoken needs of guests that you know
."

04:45, Today: Tremor Enkau Valevine rolled 11 using 1d20+5 with rolls of 6.  Persuasion v Steeljack, Lordly vices.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:46, Sat 07 July 2018.

The GM
 GM, 136 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 10 Jul 2018
at 18:22
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Steeljack
Steeljack kneeled down next to Tremor in a gesture that reminded him of the works of the controversial sculpter Delane y'King. Its face was a cypher. The warforged was still, and there were sounds that came from within it, a humming that combined to form the words. It's mouth was not moving, yet it spoke.

"Some people like to try to imagine... the worst reason for someone to do the things they do. I have oft been judged. I was built thirty five years ago as a weapon; a soldier. I was made in the shape you see as part of the reason I was formed. I was made as a thing to be feared and a thing to wreak harm. I have killed many, but I do not do so any longer.

That was my old purpose. Now I have a new purpose. There is no need for fear. It is my hope that someday all my kind will not be regarded as a threat, but as comrades. Like your friend, Tap. I mean no more ill-will than that poor soul. I only wish to try to help. People will assume otherwise when they set eyes upon us. Perhaps you have experienced much the same? Looking at a halfling, and only seeing a scion of House Jorasco or Ghallanda. I try to see beyond that. I try to help others see beyond that.

After all, we are all equally created."


As it shifted position there was a whirring sound and a clicking.

"Garreg Meldenbourne is not a person with whom I choose to deal much with. I am looking forward to the party, but we are not securing the event. It was my impression that the Stormlord wished to discuss something with me in a comfortable atmosphere. I do not have the answers for you about what needs the others would have. I am looking forward to hearing Lady Rusila iríClarn sing, though. Have you heard her? She is quite excellent. A person of interest. Like yourself.

Tap would know what the usual arrangements are for the other guests... But you thought I was security. Perhaps I could be. If you wish I can bring an increment--I mean--a 'plus one'. If you think it wise?"


Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 40 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 08:55
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tremor cocks his head to one side and involuntarily scooches back on his heels while in his head a version of himself jumps up and down on Lightning rail lines of thought that wanted to take him to sixteen destinations, none of which were the destination he wanted a ride to.

Equal only by Treaty, unequal in the hand that crafted.

"I possess no direct knowledge of any threat. I am a Mop Hand at the distillery and have come to these shores just days past.

In part I came to you because I had thought you would know the landscape of those persons who will attend and any possible problems or preferences they had, a subject I am unsure would have ever been delved by Tap. For it is the Unusual that interests me.

As Stormreach is yours to protect and the Distillery being in Stormreach, I came to listen to what I thought as years of attention to what may cause friction or conflict, so I may smooth out or cool such passions.

It must be that Stormlord Lassite's own men are responsible for the safety of all attending.

Then it appears I must mine Tap like Mror master Delvers for all I must prepare for.

My thanks for your time, that I took any of that precious resource from you this day, I apologize.

May the Sovereign Host be with you
."
The GM
 GM, 141 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 19:27
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Steeljack
Steeljack stood, towering over the halfling. Tremor could imagine the warforged striding across a battlefield in Khorvaire his resonant artificial voice shouting out commands and his mighty arms laying low any who stood across his purposes.

"And with you, Tremor Enkau Valevine, 'Mop Hand'. Tap knows a great many things. I hope that it finds satisfaction in being of use. If you are not prepared for the upcoming event I feel certain that you shall be soon.  I believe I will bring Cord to the Tap Room gala." He indicated a warforged which was engaged in a human-seeming embrace with Tap at the food line. 'Cord' was formed in a more feminine shape; but the hug looked all the more bizarre for its apparent humanity. Cord patted Tap's head, gently and released its embrace. Cord took Tap's position at the table, serving food to the hungry.

"Do not apologize. I consider any time spent to be an investment; never a waste. I share your interest in the 'Unusual' and I should like to hear what you have found, when you are at greater leisure to speak. I will leave word at the Watch House gate that you shall be directed to me where ever I am. Feel free."

Tap knew the way to the Brelish consulate. It led the way to Cross. Tremors' questions about allergies and preferences were answered satisfactorily. Tremor marveled that one of the guests had an allergic reaction to fish, which would cut down on Aeron Chambers' dinner selection. Tap went on to explain that the Sorcerer Supreme of the Dragoons rarely ate in public. The preferential differences were minimized by supplying a variety of appetizer dishes at different ends of the Taproom and then relying on the prestige of the event to squash any minor complaint.

As they approached the Consulate in Cross, they passed one of the many entrances to the Rubble Warren. Tremor heard children playing hide-and-seek in the rubble and ruin, but did not see any of them. He smelled the famous honeycakes of the Beehive Pastries, and saw the clamor of the marketplace passed the consulate.

That building was a stately affair, stubbornly Brelish in looks, though constructed of local materials. A floating chunk of building had been painted with the arms of the Brelish crown and tethered to the building by two heavy chains.
Tap
"There is a tradition that the performers at the Taproom audition for the organizer. Stormlord Lassite has not personally attended one of these audition in years, and Garreg... is not welcome at the consulate. He did not show decorum, and seemed to expect a different kind of audition.

The Lady will have some preference as to her accompaniment, so we will find out from here who she wishes us to book for the event. That is why I brought you here. You are expected to hear and approve of the singer. She will tell us who and where her chosen musicians are. Lady Rusila iríClarn uses these engagements as favors; pushing business to the musicians she feels needs the work or exposure. Many important guests attend, and the musicians can expect further bookings to appear at parties of those who wish to imitate a Stormlord.

There are honeycakes sold at the shop on the corner nearby the consulate. Apparently, the Lady finds them quite delicious. If we have some in our possession, it might help influence her mood, and thus, smooth your audience. I can carry them for you if you do not wish to seem ... subservient.

The Consulate is here. The Lady is within."


This message was last edited by the GM at 17:15, Sun 15 July 2018.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 43 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 09:27
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
It was strange, Tremor was recalling all of his interactions with 'Forged and only one before SteelJack ever had made an impression of... rapport.


"Thank you for the invitation, I accept."

Tremor bows, a less than formal, somewhat roguish genuflect.

Tremor nods in assent and turns to the Brelish confectionery, Beehive Pastries.

Inquiries are made concerning, freshness, when is the next batch of Honey-cakes will come out of the ovens, also the variety available and ingredients, Asking if there are any pastries of Zil influence. Thinking of the guest list, ask what if any, delicacies they have from the other Kingdoms, excepting Karrnath.

A taste then a wide selection of which some will be Honey-cakes.  All to be boxed and being wrapped as best as possible.

"I would have you hold half the pastries, I will carry the other half.

Tap, we have yet to speak of coin. Are we agents of the Distillery and able to use its name, or must we draw coin from Garreg
?"

Tremor prepared in his mind for the audience.  His own self, his sartorial choices, will be explained away as necessary for the travel and commerce with common folk. They respond better and he will ask the Lady for forgiveness of his unkempt state as a reflection of the speed at which he must move for preparations, given that Garreg had only just assigned these duties, if it came up.

Now title, Master of Ceremonies was improper, what then?

Brevet Quartermaster. Good for Announcement. Better than Mop Hand.

At the Consulate, the inquiry will be for an audience with Lady Rusila iríClarn, regarding audition, the name given is Tremor Enkau Valevine, Brevet Quartermaster, Molouís Distillery.
The GM
 GM, 151 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 17 Jul 2018
at 01:17
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tap
Tap explained that the Taproom parties were known by the suppliers; and that the Lassite credit was good wherever they would go in town. "That said, Garreg would prefer that we not use all of the funds budgeted to the event, so as to better line his own pockets." They were able to procure two-dozen fresh, hot cakes, each about the size of a fist. The honeyed aroma wafted around them, and Tremor, despite himself, ate one more cake than even he thought he would. The boxes were therefore not as much of a burden as planned.
The baker made a show of affront when the halfling asked about other pastries. "Honey cakes is what we have, and honey cakes is what we sell. If you need any of that Zil fanciness, then you are out of luck. Here, these are hot." the baker asserted, handing over some that were fresh out of the ovens.

Tap held the packages with practiced ease, and, in fact, took more than half of the boxes to hold. When Tremor said "Brevet Quartermaster," Tap looked at Tremor, but said nothing.

Lady Rusila iríClarn
A tall, thin butler dressed in stiff Brelish lace welcomed them in, and guided them to the music room, then asked if they required any refreshment. Lady ir'Clarn opened the doors herself and entered shortly after. She dressed in high Brelish fashion, with only a few concessions to the heat and humidity of the city. Here inside the consulate, Tremor could almost imagine that he was back in one of Sharn's mighty towers. The trilling of some exotic bird outside gave the lie to that thought.

"I am so pleased to meet you, Ser Valevine, And I'm glad that Molou's is doing well enough to warrant a Brevet Quartermaster. That bodes very well, I should think. And you've been offered drink? Good. And hello, Tap. It is good to see they let you out now and again." She smelled the cakes and smiled warmly. "Are you here to listen to my audition, or are you here to bribe me with honey? Whichever it is, you have my full attention."

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:53, Tue 17 July 2018.