1: Becalmed in Stormreach.   Posted by The GM.Group: 0
Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 44 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Tue 17 Jul 2018
at 11:37
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
As Tap spoke, a more clear, sharper image of Garreg was drawn. A ledger, a ledger and an accounting of all expenditures. Next position will be Brevet Exchequer.

"Garreg does like his finger in the pie. How many pies I wonder? And does the baker object?"


Well, it was Stormreach after all. That there was a bakery here at all, at the tip of the continent of Giants, seemed ridiculous. Armory, Weaponsmith, Stonemasons, Engineers, Artificers, Shipwrights... bakers?

And a thespian baker to boot.

"Yes, but the Honey? What surrogate is there for the sweet treasure produced by the industrious striped princes of Aundair?"
04:04, Today: Tremor Enkau Valevine rolled 11 using 1d20+5 with rolls of 6.  Persuasion v baker for ingredients.

With the assertive offer, Tremor took the warm flaky pastry and pulled a ragged segment, tasting it as if to find it wanting. Timing, timing is all.

If the sun had not risen that day, it could be replaced by the beaming solar delight Tremor's face now cast.

"A delight, I have now the key to the Lady's favor."


The answer to the refreshment inquiry came in the form of a specific Brelish wine, meant for a light and informal sit down.

Tremor will bow when the Lady enters, then gesture to the boxes, so recently made weighty.

"I am here for the audition. I was instructed to taste the second sweetest confection in Stormreach, before I listened to the first. I am happy to share.

Come sit, they are fresh from the oven
."

With that Tremor will make a slow attempt at removing the bow, the box lid, the unwrapping and serving; to build a little anticipation.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:39, Tue 17 July 2018.

The GM
 GM, 152 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 17 Jul 2018
at 16:47
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
In response to Tremors' query, the baker explained that Stormreach bees were the fastest, strongest, largest bees in all Eberron. He added that they could scour the jungles for many miles choosing only the sweetest flowers to visit; flowers so rare and fine that explorer's had lost their lives just in the hopes of glimpsing a blossom. The beehives were nearby, in the Rubble Warren, where the Brelish children, who were used to the miraculous bees, collected the honeycomb. "And they only sell to me, Sulman. Everyone comes here, from across the city. I hear the fables of the fishermen, the complaints of the cooks, the exploits of the explorers, and the gripes of the guards. And my reply is always the same: have some cake."
On leaving the stall, Tremor mentally filed the baker, Sulman, away as a possible source of gossip.

Tap suggested that due to her position, Lady ir'Clarn might know better what interpersonal conflicts might exist between the guests on the list, though no doubt she might be biased as well.

The butler brought two chilled glasses of a Hatheril summer wine. "Apologies, Ser, but the Bandoc you requested rarely survives the journey to Xen'drik. I hope this will suffice. I've known the Curlot family for some time, and their five year summer wines are impeccable."  Tremor knew that; he also knew that the Curlot wines were now one of the most expensive wines in Sharn, due to the political climate. The Curlot had been politically active, and their opinions had put the family at odds with the Crown. The ban was informal, but it was not wise to do business with the Curlot in Breland. The wine was cold, an almost transparent gold, and possessed of strong legs. He swirled and sniffed. the flavors evoked were the grapes and flowers of the Hatheril hills, a dry spiciness--almost pepper, all resting on a foundation of hardwood. It warmed the throat as he swallowed. It was a perfect substitute for Bandoc, and Tremor realized that he might, in fact, like the Curlot better.

Lady Rusila ir’Clarn
The lady bowed in response. Then with a murmured 'oooh', she took up the cake from his hands.  She bit as she accepted Tremor's invitation to sit. Tremor knew the cakes were perfect, having sampled them at the shop. He'd been hard pressed to maintain a facade of indifference in front of the baker so as to maintain a fair price. They were good, and Tremor knew good. Tremor's smile was a winning trait, and prompted an equal reaction from the Lady. It did not escape Tremor's notice that her hands briefly touched his when she collected the pastry. She held her glass and watched Tremor's expressions as he took his first sip, then took one herself.

She gathered her hems as she sat, an elegant gown; scarlet with gold Brelish lace. She did not wear the multiple layers that Brelish high fashion would have demanded, for even in the shadows of the music room there was heat from without. Her plunging neckline was not covered by a traditional embroidery, but rather revealed a small blue bear tattoo to the left of her collarbone. She was dressed to be admired, and knew she was beautiful, but did not dress to flaunt herself. Like the wine, her beauty was meant to be savored, appreciated, and shared.

"Ahh. It is so nice, some days, to take one's time. In conducting business, so many are rushed. You have a refreshing manner, Tremor Enkau Valevine. I pray it withstands the storms of the reach. This city... can sometimes wear down a sunny smile, and make one forget the taste of honey."

Her voice was like that honey, burnt at the edges of the cake.

"You have not long been at Molou's. Do you have any news from Sharn?"

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 45 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Wed 18 Jul 2018
at 10:59
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
"I do have news but where to begin?"

Tremor rakes a judicious bite and sips after that to clear his throat fro flaky and honeyed cake.

"The Sharn Inquisitive has a series on Ship's Towers, in Cliffside, how Q'barra has now begun to sell trained gelatinous Cubes to work at night to clean up waste. Apparently it involves lightning spears. The article goes on to talk about the shipping of these creatures and there benefits and conditions for living and breeding.

I found it quite thorough, and while I am not a naturalist I am constantly amazed at the ingenuity of the city of Towers.

I read an article on Shadow March rope made from something called Broom vine, grows in some remote part of the Vile.  Has a very odd spiral nature, it coils very tightly, where a length of it may be 50 feet when stretched out, when not bearing a load, it measures only 20 feet long, and is acid resistant. It is highly sought after for cargo net webbing.

I had occasion to visit the Cerise Seal and happened to peak to a Fidel Morgengast, who had just come form the fields of Bluevine. He mentioned that some how seedlings of Cyrean grapes had been found in a greenhouse somewhere and were now being grafted to Aundarian grape vines and brought to Sharn to grow somewhere up in Skyway. A search is on for a refugee who cultivated the Cyrean native vine.

I confess that while I did sit with gentlemen very concerned about politics of the Crown and the Noble families, so fast paced was the conversation and so limited is my knowledge of the Brelish nobility, I can not reliably repeat what I heard.

I did attend the last performance of the play Rosencrown and Gilderpin. A comedy with political undertones, but the Phiarlan have such a deft touch, whoever the actor was playing Rosencrown, his timing and delivery, it was like a Masters class. The Owlbear costume was so real, you could almost believe.. no, it had to be a costume.

For some reason tickets to Thrane where half price when I was there. Speculation had House Orien wanting to fill more cargo cars instead of running them empty.

That is all... Wait, I did read something in the Korranberg Chronicle. A ship made from crystal, a Sarlona vessel, was recently towed by a stormship, the Sky Sunder, into Trolanport. It had been hidden in a reef, discovered and raised.  Scholars translated the name as  World-Key. No bodies were found aboard
."

Tremor sits back, sips a bit more wine and thinks again on th e baker and the lack of a public chronicle.
The GM
 GM, 153 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 07:02
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Lady Rusila ir’Clarn
"You are a font of information. I was there for the opening of Rosencrown," she smiled, remembering. "One can only watch Karklos ir’Ilsirs denigrations so many times before one wishes to throw oneself to the orchestra pit. I do not care for politics in my theater.

I've asked my man to fetch two musicians who I hope you will like; Rodrigo Guillermo is a master of the gittern, and Ser Papathanassiou is my flautist. They should be here shortly. I cannot recommend them highly enough."


"Do you play, ser Valevine?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:49, Thu 19 July 2018.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 46 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 10:53
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tremor sipped and straightened for the answer.

"When I was younger I dabbled. First it was strings, the Lyre, then Rebec. Then I tried the drum, then the reeds, the winds. Through it all, the pondering, the practice, the performance, I could play the notes, never the music.

Music is not my medium for expression. I admire those that can make music, I take solace in knowing small animals and children do not suffer my attempts
."

Tremor knew the expected reciprocal.

"How did you find your voice? Was it in the Temple? Was it family? Wait.. did you study with the Phiarlan?"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:38, Sun 22 July 2018.

The GM
 GM, 156 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sun 22 Jul 2018
at 17:44
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Lady Rusila ir’Clarn
"I think you know where your expertise is, ser. Words are your instrument, and poetry is your song. As for my study, nothing so ... intentional. The pirates founded this city. Stole and fought and plundered and hid ... treasure. All in the bones of the giant city. It colors the place; infuses it. Everyone here must search; dig deep or plumb the depths, to find their treasure. I searched within myself and found something worth a few coin. I have not told another this. Stormreach is as much despair as it is hope; and every time I sing my heart breaks a little more."

She looked away, cleared her throat, and then turned back to Tremor.

"And how is my kin, Haftak? He has not seen fit to send even a message since Tanaka's Grace set sky-anchor, much less grace me with a visit. You traveled with him here. Had he no word for me?"

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 47 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Mon 23 Jul 2018
at 02:20
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
I took a moment to collect his thoughts, it was an admission of some sorrow that was unexpected.

"Haftak ir’Clarn, when we traveled, is an intelligent and insightful person. Warm and sharing about his person or family was not something I encountered.

We spoke of wine, tall tales and fancies. His mind was agile, he seemed in good health, his spirits were high but I sensed a weight, one that I think he tries to lighten with a few fine Brelish and Aundairan vintages.

You have the Taproom party, as Haftak ir’Clarn is a guest, you can speak with him there.

I wanted to know if you could recommend a tailor? I have not yet had time to investigate  since I made landfall
."

Tremor reached for his wine and sipped again.
The GM
 GM, 159 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 24 Jul 2018
at 00:54
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Lady Rusila ir’Clarn
"Fancies. I can well imagine. That man. He puts credence to the tiniest rumor. Like this ridiculous expedition into the ruins he wrote me about. Honestly, nine out of ten expeditions vanish without a word, and nine out of ten of those that come back are glad to still breathe. And they return with trinkets suitable for keeping ones door open, or scrolls from blowing away. And then they sell maps to where they went, in the event anyone wanted to really make sure there was nothing there but rocks.
He can be close-lipped, when he thinks he's guarding a secret of note. Unfortunately he's not a good judge of whether a secret is worth keeping. But it will be good to see him again."


She wrote on a small sheet and handed it to tremor.
Mogden Vilmingwarthy Tailor (Behind Havulak Prospecting)
Sheela's Stylists (ask for Agnot)
"There, your investigations have come to an end. This is a tailor whom I have great confidence in; tell him I sent you, and he will see you right." She laced her fingers and leaning in looked carefully at Tremor. "I also recommended a barber. You will be the first thing the guests see; you will set the tone. I believe that you are the most capable man to manage this affair in some time. We must take care to ensure a great success.

So are there any special requests for songs? Any ... pieces I should avoid?"


Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 48 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Tue 24 Jul 2018
at 13:13
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tremor takes the small sheet, reads it, then tucks it into a pocket, looking at he Lady and giving a gentle pat to the pocket location.

"Very kind words, I will endeavor to be credit to them."

Tremor takes a sip of wine.

"There is a song I heard in Sharn, played by a street troubadour, it struck a chord, about a boy who let his farm, seeking fortune and adventure, who came under the thrall of pirates, traveled the Seas of Eberron, only to realize that the greatest treasure was love, and that now his heart was hardened to it.

As to pieces to avoid?

I could not say, almost the entirety of the list is unknown to me. Tap has kindly answered some questions, but I lack insight into the character of the guests, beyond some glimmer afforded by military rank
."
The GM
 GM, 160 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Tue 24 Jul 2018
at 15:07
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Lady Rusila ir’Clarn
This time it was Lady Rusila who took a long sip of her wine. She reclined slightly and smiled. "Of course, you are only freshly arrived in Stormreach. But I can help you there. If you tell me who is on the guest list, I can tell you their character. I know all about the powers that be, and their behavior, I know who fell from grace, I know who cares about the Tulita, and who does not. I know who to talk to and about what.

What I don't know.... is how that troubadour song goes. I'm afraid I rarely pursue pirate songs. Though they do get requested now and again."
She smiled at the irony.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 49 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Wed 25 Jul 2018
at 00:44
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
"Then I will inquire only about what you do know.

Let us start with the Houses.
Alhaura d’Jorasco
Calynden d’Lyrandar
Sorala d’Ghallanda
Wernor Lyrriman d’Sivis
.
The GM
 GM, 162 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 01:02
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Lady Rusila ir’Clarn
Lady Rusila considered and drank the rest of her wine, then leaned forward. "The Dragonmarked Houses have been trying to get a toehold in Stormreach for many years. The Stormlords by and large present them with expensive deals that keep them at bay. House Jorasco's healing enclave was meant to stimulate exploration and expeditions. The amount of successful journeys into the wilds has dropped precipitously, and there was a thought that if one could be sure of a resurrection at the end there would be more financial interest.

They won't talk about it, but I happen to know the last two attempts to bring the dead back only resulted in more death. Alhaura was responsible, so she's doing what she can to appear useful. But the people who need healing can't afford the price, and the people who can afford it can also afford not to risk their lives. She needs a win, so she might be angling for favor from Varen Lassite, through his uncle Volen, at the party. If she can't fulfill the needs of the contract, they'll have cause to revoke and the House will lose possession of their space in the city. She needs to find a need to fill.

That's what most of us are angling for, after all; some bit of influence over someone -- and almost everyone will be there.

Calynden d’Lyrandar, now there's a piece of work. He's called 'the Kraken,' but not to his face. He's gotten farther in bringing House Lyrandar to Stormreach. Not only did he grant the Lassite's full access to the Falconer's Spire, he gifted the family their own airship. That, combined with the sudden death of the current harbor master's father, means good sailing for Lyrandar, and the Kraken. He's dangerous, but does not pay attention to society. You could sing about the fall of his House and he wouldn't blink. But cross him at the negotiating table and you could accidentally get sucked into a passing tornado.

The Marketplace has one center for gossip entertainment, rest and recuperation and that is the Chapterhouse. Sorala d’Ghallanda runs the Chapterhouse along with some assistance from House Phiarlan. It's another example of the Stormlord's control over the Houses; chaining them together like prison-workers doing hard labor. If there's a rumor in the city it came or was repeated at the Chapterhouse, and Sorala probably heard it.

Wernor Lyrriman d’Sivis is an expert in international law, and now the greatest scholar of Stormreach's existing bureaucracy. He's not much for parties, but I don't know what else he could be looking to achieve; there's not much call for the kinds of conversation Wernor provides. Maybe someone is trying to meet him?"


While she was speaking, the butler returned. When she paused, he refilled her glass and whispered to her. She nodded and took a sip of wine. "The musicians are here, would you like to meet them now?"

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 50 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 11:27
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
It was a valuable length of rope that Lady ir’Clarn offered, and take it he did,  climbing from the ground up the tower of society.

It was as though he could offer her an arm to escort her, Tremor hopped off the chair and with that little bit of energy moved like a dancer to help with her chair.

"Very much. How long have they accompanied you?"
The GM
 GM, 163 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 18:36
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Lady Rusila ir’Clarn
"It seems like I've known them for several lifetimes. I lied, before, I did have a singing master: Kai'row of House Phiarlan. Rodrigo and Ser Papathanassiou were friends of Master Kai'row. And here they are; I can't tell you how many times they saved my life on stage."  Lady ir'Clarn took Tremor's hand, as was convention when humanoid size differences preclude the taking of an offered arm. Convention did not dictate the gentle squeeze she gave his when the musicians entered.  "I do hope you like them; here they are."
Rodrigo Guillermo
Rodrigo Guillermo bore in his hands an elaborately mosaicked gittern. The strings were of polished metal, glittering silver. His suit was black with white stripes painted on the sleeves.

Ser Papathanassiou
Ser Papathanassiou held a long flute of silver. His suit was white, painted with black stripes on the sleeves.

They stepped forward and bowed simultaneously.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 51 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 12:09
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tremor turned and looked upward, smiling and positive that now he was i good company.

At the introduction, Tremor moved a step closer and raised his hands in mock defensiveness.

"Gentlemen, I am pleased to be here and to have you play. How this has happened, must be due entirely the Host and its delight in making the impossible, inescapable in hindsight.

Whenevr you are ready, I am your humble audience
."
The GM
 GM, 165 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sat 28 Jul 2018
at 06:32
Nothing At All
Ser Papathanassiou
"You have... the Zil!" He tapped his ear. "I know this. My family grow in Zilargo many years. I know the sounds." he struck the end of the flute against the floor, and it rang with a strong tone that hung wavering in the air.  "You never forget the sound of Zilargo." He was right; Tremor's mind involuntarily went back to the chimes of Trolanport. "I was shown the pantomime, but I was not made for the charade. I could not, would not. I left. But I remember the music, and the dance. Across all the way I travel, and still the sounds of Zilargo ring in my ears. Like a tubular bell. And I meet Rodrigo. You remember when we meet?"
Rodrigo Guillermo
"You ask me where to begin?"

He shook his head gently, recalling.


"I ... was lost. Thrane is not a place for artists. I questioned."

He nodded at the other's words.
"I left.
I took the lightning rail. as far as it went. The spires of Sharn reach so high, I climbed the tallest spire and stood on the balcony. I thougt there was nothing left. And then I heard ... "


The flautist sounded a plaintive note reminiscent of the cooing of doves.

"Yes." Rodrigo's eyes were closed, remembering. "Across the chasm, on the adjacent spire, this man was playing the song in my heart." He strummed eight notes on the gittern, quietly tapping his toe.
Lady Rusila ir’Clarn

She inhaled.

The lights seemed to change slightly, following her face.

She sang, acapella, at first.

I want to be still
I want to walk into your grave
where I can shelter in peace
until all our cares have blown away


She caressed Tremors' face gently and stepped back. Rodrigos' foot tap took on the authority of a drum beat, the gittern and flute taking up the harmony.

♬   ♪        ♪   ♬

let the whole world fall away
and fall into my arms
stay with me
I don't know how long we've got left
and so I'm asking you
to forgive me

I learn as I go
to float far away
into silence
and just watch your face
and find some kind of grace
in that quiet bliss

can I stay? and say nothing at all
at all

where will we go when we get old
when the bustle and the noise
get too fright'ning
when each and every angry word
is banished to the past
that when I think

we'll learn as we go
to float far away
into silence
and I'll watch your face
and read of patience and grace
in each line there

work each day
all for nothing at all, at all
and the few words I say
they mean nothing at all at all

will you walk into the grave with me?
will you leave this empty world
soft and wistful
to sink into the dark, dank earth
and never reappear would be blissful

to float far away
into eternal space
and God's silence
where I'll watch your face
and find patience and grace
in each line there

drift away into nothing at all at all
find the grace to be nothing at all at all
fade away
and end up nothing
at all

♬   ♪        ♪   ♬

The last notes died, and the trio bowed and held silent.

Nothing At All

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:04, Sat 28 July 2018.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 52 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 01:04
Nothing At All
Tremor was silent for only a moment.

"Quite the melancholy ballad. A siren's song that could move even a 'Forged to reflection.

Excellent. My highest praise to the musicians and for you Lady, if you had not already been invited I myself would compel a the Storm Lord to retain you. A treasure, uncovered, fought for, indeed. Worthy of the effort.

I will arrange your invitations. What else in why of preparation do you require? Stage? Rehearsal
?"
The GM
 GM, 179 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 2 Aug 2018
at 06:38
1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tap looked up when Tremor mentioned 'Forged, and then nodded.

The songstress smiled, a demure, stage style smile, but it still warmed to see it. "You are too kind. You have given us such an opportunity. It is more than enough for us. But... If you should desire to hear me rehearse, I will do so, this evening at six. If you wish we can examine the guest list more closely. To see what else of my repertoire is suitable." The butler stepped forward and whispered something in her ear.  "Alas, I have foolishly made an appointment which I must now keep. I would prefer to stay and continue our dialog, but the obligation is real, and I must not leave it unfulfilled."

She extended her hand to Tremor. "Would you like me to have Ser Papathanassiou and Rodrigo keep you company? They are not a part of my obligation, and provide very good conversation." The two bards exchanged a look, then smiled and nodded.
Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 54 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Thu 2 Aug 2018
at 09:46
1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tremor rises as he takes the hand offered.

"I am much like the Pike(Pawn) in Conqueror. I must advance and prepare to reinforce the positions of my First rank. To do that, I must now take my leave and move to my next field.

Gentlemen it was a pleasure, know that only the duties Plentiful tasked to me in time Abbreviated propel me on.

I can not scry where I might be at the ring of the bells hexad. I have no other agenda than to witness your rehearsal. I allow for the possibility that I may be unable to return.

Can I be selfish, just a little and ask that two seats be saved
?"
The GM
 GM, 182 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 04:20
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Lady Rusila ir’Clarn
"I confess, I do have another agenda. But I will be happy to accommodate a friend. Two seats, at least. The Livewood Theater. Six sharp." She waggled a finger in mock sternness.
Tap
Tap had gotten awkwardly to his feet. "Yes. Thank you. Lady. Sers." He bowed, and squeaked a little. He addressed Tremor.  "Ser. If we make haste I am sure the duties can be swiftly accomplished. I believe the Pink Conch is next on the agenda?" He seemed unsure what to do beyond saying that.
Rodrigo Guillermo
"A very good choice." Rodrigo said with a smirk. His voice was high and sweet, and Tremor could imagine that he and Ser Papathanassiou could carry a concert on their own, if they had not the Lady to sing with them.

Ser Papathanassiou
"'Do anything, but let it produce joy.'" Ser Papathanassiou  said enigmatically.
Lady Rusila ir’Clarn
It was difficult to say for certain, but the Lady might have been blushing. "Please do give Tydameira my regards. My
 butler Gerard will see you to the door, when you are ready. Adieu."
She added the last in Aundair, and departed the room.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 55 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 07:42
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tremor makes his farewells and follows Gerard to the door and then steps out onto the street and turns to Tap for directions.

"Tap, I again ask, what if anything can you tell me of Vrina and this Tydameira the Lady mentioned."

Tremor will motion for walking as he listens.
The GM
 GM, 191 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 21:43
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tap
The Lady's invitation was for seven hours hence, Tap indicated they should be done well before that. "I do not know Vrina, except by reputation. She is supposed to be very popular. Tydameira guards the door. I have seen her. She has maintained herself impeccably. I imagine she goes through a considerable amount of oil." As they crossed the street, Tremor spied a small child playing with Drift. That interaction was being watched by a city guard, who seemed to be moderately displeased. "I have questions about the music. Why do you enjoy a song about death? I can imagine that it is foremost on the mind. But that seemed a celebration. Also did you notice the Ser's flute? Very sturdy construction; I know steel. I have an appreciation, I mean."

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 56 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 08:54
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tremor took a moment to stop and answer, putting a hand out to indicate a stop for Tap.

"It is a subject that has been talked about, written about, debated, explored and sung for... well as long as I imagine there have been creatures on Eberron. Dragons, Dwarves, Elves, Gnome, Goblins, Halfling, Men, Orcs, all consider this state, it exists it waits for all of us to come to it.

The path to it is varied and one can run to it, or walk, or run from it, but it finds all of us. Sacrifice, accident, age, horror, crime. And a celebration it can be. Members of my family have lived to a ripe old age, birthed children, mastered a trade, bounced grand children upon a knee, traveled, had adventures of the senses and made stories to pass on. I can celebrate a death like that. So to can I revile the death of an innocent who contracted the Red Feather Fever and passed to Dolurrh before living a handful of years.

Now with the 'Forged, a new creature that without interference by sword, spell or spawn will live many Elven lifetimes. You, your kind, Tap, will have many stories that have yet to be spoken, I look forward to hearing those, as much as I enjoy the song we heard.

A good eye, while I saw the flute, I have not the expert eye for the material or construction. There are any stories of those even on the bardic profession, who travel with weapons disguised form the eyes of most. Guitars made from Bronzewood that are wielded as a mace. I have stories of spies who have used seemingly simple objects, but when assembled in a particular way, form a miniature crossbow.

I will mention it to Steeljack
."

Tremor will walk over to the child playing with Drift.

"Is he playing nicely? I named him Drift."
The GM
 GM, 197 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sat 11 Aug 2018
at 04:54
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Theme Music
Tap
"So, sometimes death is... good?"
This last was overheard by a well-dressed lady carrying a bag of honey cakes.
She looked quizzically at Tap  and quickened her pace.
Across from the Consulate a trio struck up a melody, the guitars playing low at first.
The dark haired child, a girl of no more than nine, looked up wordlessly from where Drift lay on the ground, ignoring her attentions.
The guard was looking at the lady, no longer displeased.
The child, with a look of fear on her face, ran past the lady.
The lady, attempting to avoid the barreling child, collided with Tremor and Tap.
She exclaimed in dismay as she dropped the bag, and some of the cakes spilled on the ground.
The urchin continued sprinting soundlessly down the street.
The guard started chuckling.
The musicians continued to play.
Lady
Kneeling after a fallen honey cake brought the lady's face on level with Tremor's. The scent of honey filled the air. "Oh!" she said as their eyes met.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 57 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Mon 13 Aug 2018
at 08:11
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
It was the answer on the tip of his tongue, the concept of death being good, in context, which was then shattered by the half dozen or so events that conspired, in some strange Goblin like clockwork way, to bring his eyes and those of another honey-cake conscript to meet.

There was chuckling, and it was set to string play.

"has there ever been a more tragic loss for such a brief moment of chaos?"

Tremor aids in recovery of the spilled cakes.