1: Becalmed in Stormreach.   Posted by The GM.Group: 0
Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 82 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Tue 6 Nov 2018
at 10:45
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach

Tremor followed the conversation as it circled  him, was it possible that Dancer was a Draconic word, that sounded as the Common word, but had a different meaning id one heard the pronunciation in Draconic.

The device was a reminder, what am I missing?

Try to see beyond what is in front of you, see the facade for what it is, treat it as a mask.



Tremor began to listen, for things that the chatter may hide, used eyes as he looked through cloth rolls for a closer look at the Kobolds. The colors of scales, marks/scarring of injuries or combat, jewelry in ears hands, toes.

Scents of things beyond wood oils, like flowers, perfumes, weapon oils/grease, perhaps food. Perception

Tremor decided he wanted one tape measure, that affixed itself so helpfully.
He waited for an opportunity and then maneuvered to exploit it. Sleight of hand.

A reward  for their insight, should Danceur.... Danseir, Daansur? be what it might mean in a round about way to Common.


With a successful lift, Tremor will conclude his business with a simple raised right hand index finger to his lips, pursed into a 'shush' feature, then  bow and walk backwards one step, turn and depart.

Tremor will seek Tap and see how he is doing with his pouch search.

02:46, Today: Tremor Enkau Valevine rolled 11,22,9 using d20+5,d20+6,d20+5 with rolls of 6,16,4.
Percept +5,          11
Sleight of hand +6,  22
Decept +5.            9  

This message was last edited by the player at 10:51, Tue 06 Nov 2018.

The GM
 GM, 343 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sat 10 Nov 2018
at 06:33
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tremor wracked his mind for an explanation; there was nothing in his dress, manner, or speech that said that he danced. The word had come up as his measurements were taken, his physicality evaluated and his body examined and felt. A glance at the shadows in the back of the store confirmed his suspicion that there were more kobolds present, yet hidden. They were suspicious, careful, even the ones he'd seen were only the first layer.

He opened his senses, the tailors were moving in near dark. Den was the one that was the closest when he spoke, and smelling his breath was a mistake. They were meat eaters, and the meat this kobold favored was well 'seasoned', in the traditional sense of aging meat. Mog had a fencing scar discoloring a line of scales along his jaw. The hats were their only ornamentation. Those and the tools of their trade: scissors, pins, chalk, measuring tapes... The reptilian faces were impossible to read; the rigid faces were inscrutable. There was rank, though. The hats were obvious, but there was also a subtle deference. Organized, then, in ranks. But what was the organization? There were no clues, no logo, not a sigil, not a trace.

Tremor chose his moment and action with care,  the kobolds seemed not to notice, and the measuring tape was his.

'Dancer' Tremor rolled the word around his mind. Not for the last time Tremor regretted his disdain for the study of the myriad tongues of the world. At the time it had seemed prudent to master the practicals.

He'd seen fancy balls, the dancers took the center of the room, moving in predictable forms, while those others clung to the sides, watching. Perhaps it was this notion of being the center of attention? Or was it that those who joined the dance were merely moving through the motions, having no actual consequence. No, Tremor dismissed that. For it was during the fleeting moments during the dance that essential connections were created, such dances could cement the bonds between great families, or break the bonds of society if such associations could be formed.

With their hats, and attention to clothing these 'Mogden Vilmingwarthy' would surely be cognizant of such things, but they did not seem to Tremor to be speaking of a 'dancer' in these terms.

What had Master Lazarumbear said on 'euphemisms' seemed most appropriate: "Words or descriptions meant to convey meaning to those who would already know the context, and provide an excuse to those who would prefer not to know, to feign ignorance. A euphemism should never be considered a true lie." Was 'dancer' a euphemism? He considered his recent foray in, out, and then once again into the Pink Conch. Agility, flexibility, grace, a sense of time and timing, all were qualities that a dancer should possess. Tremor himself had said 'operative.' That was a word that held meaning, in another place. In Zilargo.

Tremor recalled seeing the look on the face of the one who had had the device applied to him. This was not that, and the measurements of his head were transferred to paper without pain or injury. There was a moment of hesitation, though, not fear. Fear was for others. And it was just for a hat, a hat that would fit well, if he was to judge the attention to detail these tailors had.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:39, Sun 11 Nov 2018.

The GM
 GM, 344 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sun 11 Nov 2018
at 15:09
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
When the bill was presented Tremor looked at the total; it was outrageous, insupportable, a 'shot across the bow' in pirate's parlance. Tremor's face must have held some measure of his feelings, for Mog asked "Is therre ssomething wrong?"

The shadowy wall at the rear of the store moved, and Tremor realized it was a curtain obscuring a back entrance to the shop. Another kobold came through that entrance, older, and dressed in a simple white robe, his head bare. He spoke draconic and tapped his wooden cane on the floor, and the others gathered up their tools and left quickly through the curtain.

"There has been a misstake made. Yourr accent, and ... some assumptions have been made. We do get involved in our work.

Now, you arre not to blame for this error. And we can cerrtainly make for you a suit of fine clothes, only. They will be beautiful, but non-functional.

You are cu-rrious, though. And I, we, have considerable pride in our work. Would you like to see? He lifted the blue tie that glistened. This was woven in situ by specially enchanted crawlers, you see those small beads there? They contain a minuscule portion of the crawler poison. But no one would know until the tie was roughly applied to skin, or perhaps thrust into a mouth, and they would be able to do little with that knowledge."


He lifted the sample of the hat that was to be made to Tremors size and color specification, set it upright on a stool, and then with surprising speed brought the cane down upon it. The hat was undamaged.

"Would you like to see more?"

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 83 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Sun 11 Nov 2018
at 20:51
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
The mind worked while the body reacted. Of the dozens of voices that began the conversation, one chided the lack of restraint, giving away a true facet, while another voice spoke to the fact that it was useful and that it could not be an err, as it fit the narrative.

Other higher voices mooted, the topic, review of language, the interpretation of that language into  a structure that gave a meaning, meaning, which was unexpected.

The Trust, they presumed him an agent of the Trust. The Lady, her letter, his accent, use of operative. The presumption, the hidden craft applied to his attire, might that mean a connection based solely on the Lady? Had she sent others here who expected the clandestine craft? Was the Lady aware of the shadowy, not a reference to the amount of light, application of other, clearly armorer, alchemical, crafts? These other applicable crafts would only be revealed upon agreement with the question, the question was leading, it only had one answer.

Was it only that the Lady knew of his presence, and that a relationship existed, that prevented a permanent solution to accidental discovery.

The moot shifted focus to discuss utility. Utility, preparation, modality of coin, tactics, capability, violence; each voice argued its point and given the years that passed in time, no resolution was agreed to by any majority before the body made such mooting ended, by acting on executive voice.

"Gladly." The single word was accompanied with a shift in eyes to what would be next, imagination now trying to run ahead of the Kobold's hands, to conjure what aids were hidden.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:59, Tue 13 Nov 2018.

The GM
 GM, 348 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 02:46
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
The kobold led the halfling beyond the curtain to a metal stair that spiralled down about twenty-four feet into a well-lit cavern which was walled on three sides with more curtains. The fourth side of the cavern was opened to the yawning chasm that thrummed with the breeze that moved ceaselessly through it. Tremor could not see the bottom of the chasm.

In the cavern, which was roughly thirty feet by fifty feet, were seven 'stations' with tables and a variety of equipment; all different.

"I should mention, however unnecessarily, that you musst remain ssilent about all of this. This iss the work of lifetimess." The kobold reached the cavern floor, paused and then looked up, unreadably, into Tremor's eyes. "If it is worth my life, then one reasons it would be worth yours, should you speak of it." He strode forward towards the first station.

"First principles; we have no control over the situation nor the intent. All we can do is leverage the element of surprise. That means wherever possible we must anticipate passive detection, and that means... as little magic as possible in the end product. Because the common first line of defense is 'detections'." He looked at Tremor once again "If you follow." He gestured at the javi that wore a plain gray double breasted suit. "Ignore for the moment the considerable difference between this jacket and the one that you have chosen. In this rare circumstance, style does not matter." He gestured to the table, where several crossbows and bolts were arrayed. "Would you care to do the honors?"
Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 84 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 10:15
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
The principals explained were a familiar creed.

Was it the need of coin, or perhaps a way to engender trust and cultivate a new customer, by appealing to the curiosity trait of Halflings?  Or the association with the Lady?

Stairs.  Stairs always lead to interesting things.

Tremor looked for any familiar use of the Cant, and signed his assent in Cant to the 'unnecessarily,' in a phrase that would equal a Vow of Cordage, meaning  bound in agreement, the gesture being that of tying a knot.

A light crossbow is what Tremor picked from the table, selecting what appeared to be a steel tipped bolt, sliding it in, then lowering the weapon, steadying his  arm on the table, aiming for the center of the javi, Tremor pulled the trigger.
The GM
 GM, 350 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Fri 16 Nov 2018
at 06:46
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
The crossbow was well-made, but simple; the craftsmanship put into it was for function and not embellishment. Tremor noted a small icon on the the lever, two curves that met at one end and crossed at the other; a child's rendition of a fish. The bolt flew true when the trigger was pulled, the 'smack' of the impact echoing in the cavern.

Tremor saw several things in that moment. The bolt ricocheted off to the right; not entirely unexpected, given the durability of the hat he'd seen. What was unexpected was a movement behind the curtain to the right as the bolt caromed into the curtain. They were there. Tremor knew the curtains surrounding the cavern must hide the workers who were so noticeably absent from this workshop. Impossible to say how many, or even precisely where they were positioned about him.

The kobold strode forward, and Tremor knew that he knew the table was still laden with projectile weaponry. The creature examined the point of impact on the coat.

"The fabric is not enchanted; there is no shield spell operating, it is pure engineering. One out of every five threads was brushed with cockatrice feathers, and the rest woven about the resulting stone. Thin bands of ironwood are inserted into the hem and along the bodice, conforming to the cut of the fabric as you see. The cloth wears a little heavy if we leave it at that, and so into the epaulettes and the collar are similar slivers of soarwood. The outer layer does show some wear and tear at the point of impact, but with some steam, brushing and patience... there. Good as new."

The kobold had buffed out the dent with only a little effort. "There are inside pockets for additional protection, specially shaped panels of wood here, and here..." he indicated the chest and back "Will protect from strong blows, but they have a tendency to crack under such use, and must be replaced after three blows. Still, far more appropriate than studded leather at a ball."

"Do you have a particular weapon of choice?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:06, Fri 16 Nov 2018.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 85 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Tue 20 Nov 2018
at 07:22
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
The crossbow, simple and now boltless, was laid down on the table, as Tremor moved around, then to the well attired target.

His hand moved to the spot of impact, then rose and slipped between the 'cloth' and the target to gauge the damage to both.

"I favor what Men call the short-bow, I have used a sling a time or two, and for close quarters, a dagger and shortened sword."

This is something that will be needed, and it seemed... unpleasant to turn down such a clandestine use of craft. In his mind's eye, Tremor could se what  was ahead, and bribes and special 'sourcing' of material and information would require most of his discretionary coin.

As imagined as his identification was, the pecuniary limits were real, the pay of the Distillery was not the object of employment.

A suit first, its armored twin later.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:23, Tue 20 Nov 2018.

The GM
 GM, 358 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Wed 28 Nov 2018
at 02:36
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
The kobold's face might have been hard to read, but the small reptile's fingers twitched, betraying surprise and disappointment. "No? You... But your assa--assignation?" There were other audible whispers, now and Ming crept forward, placing a hand on the old kobold's shoulder.

"Perhaps we are in error."

The old kobold looked keenly  at Tremor "Are you not from Zilargo?"
Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 86 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Wed 28 Nov 2018
at 07:52
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Was the question 'Do you have a particular weapon of choice?' actually a challenge and response a verbal cypher?

Was it possible they would expect the Lady to have one such in her employ. Or are they trying to set a trap for a Trust agent?

Calm. Gentle now.

"I am, I have its waters running through me, its bounty has nourished me from the time I could walk, its wealth has clothed me, its wisdom has instructed me and my discretion is as unbreakable as the Seawall mountains.

We are here now, and it is now that I divine the Lady's perspicacity in sending me here.

Come, let's have a drink, some savory and relish.

Tell me what problem you need  solved so that I may report back to the Lady; I am put to good use
." Persuasion

23:54, Today: Tremor Enkau Valevine rolled 13 using 1d20+5 with rolls of 8.  Persuasion v Kobolds, calm, no error, tell me how to help.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:55, Wed 28 Nov 2018.

The GM
 GM, 362 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 29 Nov 2018
at 06:12
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
The old one calmed himself. "You are the Zil, not of Zilargo." He pushed the hand of Ming away. "Of this... I am sure. My misunderstanding was of the debt. 'In debt to these children.' You understand. The dancer is not owing us; he owes us... because our works are given freely!"

Ming stood agog, his tongue flickering nervously. "I do not think that is right."

The old one seemed more confident, but moderated his tone. "We have a need. This one has offered his use, and perhaps he is the dancer, and perhaps he is not. Certainly he has need of our services, whether he is the Zil or not. Two decades we waited. We may wait longer, but what risk we but a few coins. Set a task for him that a dancer would manage. Waive the fee."

Ming rocked back his heels, turning to Tremor he said. "I do believe I would like that drink. We can discuss the problem we need solved while we walk."
Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 87 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Thu 29 Nov 2018
at 11:33
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
The tone, the quotations, it sounds like how Old Maitia sounded when speaking of the...

The physical reaction was one of stopping short and leaning back, as if to resist some rope that had encircled his midsection, pulling him forward.

Kobold culture was a book heretofore collecting dust on a shelf somewhere in Korranberg.

"I wanted to meet everyone. Should all hear the matter."

Tremor looks to the older Kobold, making his appeal a matter for the whole... family, clan?
The GM
 GM, 363 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sun 2 Dec 2018
at 05:05
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Old Kobold
"You wish to meet everyone? Yess. And there may be others who wish to meet you. Maybe. We have a problem. Many problems, perhaps, but of these there is one. Can you, for a moment, imagine a hypothetical? I sense you are perceptive. Imagine, then that a group of people are engaged in a dangerous undertaking. Many risks, many hardships. The group is tested, bonded, become one. There is trust. Now, in the course of their endeavors, they must rely upon an outsider, let us say. They do not know whether he is who they think he is, who they hope he is. Imagine that if they are wrong... if they confide in this man... if he is not who or what they think, it could destroy them." He spread one clawed hand wide. "They would have to act; they would have to kill. Imagine, though, that they have no wish to kill some innocent. Better to be sure. Better to set tasks, questions, tests. You see? We are not monsters." He gestured at the great cavern hall. "You see there is much beneath the surface, you are wondering if there is more, and you are not wrong, there is more. I sense you are curious. If you wish to learn more, then you will let Ming escort you out, he knows our top concerns, and where we need more information. Demonstrate capability, loyalty, ... discretion. Then you will meet others. Then you will be told secrets. There will be no fear of error.

What say you?"


Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 88 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Sun 2 Dec 2018
at 06:29
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
"Such a thing, I can imagine.

There is a saying in Zilargo; only a Beholder can see in all directions.

It is a warning; We are not Beholders, we must trust to see in many directions at once.

I accept this is the way, I will go with Ming. If Ming holds the power of the purse, we can negotiate any task
."

Holding his hand out to shake, or waiting for th eKobold custom, then, turn and follow Ming.
The GM
 GM, 365 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 6 Dec 2018
at 18:10
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Ming
Ming nodded. "Beholders. Have you ever seen a beholder? Seen the death and destruction a spawn of madness can evoke?" The kobold eyed the halfiling as they mounded the steps. "I hope that you will understand, he is old, and excitable. It would be difficult for us to supply you so completely without any charge at all. But a solution suggests itself, if during the task he asked me to set, you come across any surplus funds, perhaps you could see your way to ensuring some of those funds make there way to our little shop. But I suppose I get ahead of myself." Once again in the shop, Ming made his way to the lectern and pulled open a drawer. Therein was a bottle, and glasses, among the scissors and chalk. "I assume that you have tasted kuryeva? This is an old Tulita recipe." he poured two cups of the blood-red liquor.

"I will set you a task, but first I would that you answer me a question." He took up his glass, and gestured in a way that Tremor did not recognize. "To your continued health." Ming said, and then "Why are you here?" The kobold was no Lazarumbear, but Tremor recognized the dertermination in those dragon-eyes.
Alston Scheppen Maelogilden Lazarumbear
"Why are you here?" Lazarumbear had summoned Tremor for a stroll about the grounds. This was before Tremor had seen what he'd seen, and heard what he'd heard. And long before he'd done what he'd done. The grounds were cool with fog, and other shapes moved in the mist, but no one else was in earshot. The Bear could speak quite quietly when he wished. Tremor supposed it might have been the Dragonmark. "You have no family here, no connections. But you are a most apt student. But you are an enigma, and I do not know what to do with you. And I should caution you, a clever student learning is like a blade being honed. And so, I would have you answer my question." The gnome, old even then, before it all happened, took a stance of 'undivided attention that brooks no dissembling' and stood thus before Tremor, and Bear had waited thus until Tremor had answered him.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 89 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Thu 6 Dec 2018
at 23:27
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Memories, a sympathetic summoning by phrases, smells, situations. Tremor admitted them, reflecting on their relation to his current moment.

"Let my whetstone be truth, and if your hand is the one that ordains the edge, so much the better.

If I wanted to study War, I would go to Karrnath; Magic, I would go to Arcanix, Survival, I would go to Talenta; Eberron, I would go to the Gatekeepers; Politics, I would go to Wroat.

I am here because I want to study Diplomacy, the knowledge of people; how it blunts weapons and births peace, by word and by act
."






..."Why are you here?" the Kobold could not know what he summoned, perhaps though, others might try the same, with purpose.

Tremor takes a moment to build the sense of thought  and the organization of intent and revelation to Ming's question, irregardless of its attempt to leapfrog over the 17 steps to removing artifice.

"I have seen illusion, a phantasm of magic, display a Beholder, its fury, and the softened, distant violence."

The Halfling nodded in assent as the liquid was poured. When lifted, Tremor only mimicked a drink, only allowing a small bit of liquid to the tip of his tongue, which he then evenly meted over his lips. Mind sifting through toasts.

"To family." Then waited.

"I am here to learn about the Distillery, its crops, its makers, its travels, its costs, and its taste.

Here is oft times a series of turns, one such turn, brings me to this shop, to you
."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:45, Fri 07 Dec 2018.

The GM
 GM, 369 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 05:38
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Ming
Ming toasted. "To Family." He agreed, and drained the liquor. Its flavor was complex, not the simple sweetness of the Pub's brew. Woods, spices, and something beyond his considerable palate. Tremor felt a tingling in his lips where he'd moistened them with the kuryeva. "I have read some tales that have come from Khorvaire, stories for children. Many of the heroes depicted are simple farmers, or sons of farmers, or fools. One was even of a tailor. They go to seek their fortune, and face mighty threats and challenges--even giants. I always suspected there was more than a little license taken with these stories, for how could a fool, no matter how brave, conquer giants." His eyes had dilated from reptilian slits to ebon blackness. "Yet here am I, a tailor, so how can one deny the truth? The children know." The kobold set the glass down.

"There is a person in the city: Calynden díLyrandar. He is known as the Kraken because he is deadly and powerful but never seen until he strikes. We have information that someone in Stormreach is plotting his death, and they will act--at the party you are arranging. Ensure he lives."

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 90 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 11:51
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
"Daunting.

Certainly something not in a child's story. I accept this task
."

Perhaps it was time to reacquaint with the bodyguard.

"I will have need of my suit, just a common cloth version. I have need for tailor services for a friend, is there some one you can recommend who could accommodate on two day notice?"

The Halfling considers his attire for this evening.

"I need something of your stock, smart and clean."
The GM
 GM, 375 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 02:27
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Ming
Ming agreed, and presented Tremor with acceptable garments for the evening.
"You may send your friend here, if you wish. Have them ask for the custom-fit. That will tell us who they are. No mistakes. Or if you wish, Thandy's handiwork off Market street is passable for anyone no taller than a dwarf; her hand is not so good for larger clothes. Or if you go to Respite, Nat'reths Fabric. Anyone but Durak. " The kobold then bowed. "I think you might just do."


When Tremor rejoined Tap and collected Drift, it was hard on four bells. They headed back, tremor with his purchases, and Tap with his; he'd chosen the leaky haversack.

Tap had many questions, but only asked each once.
Answers and Inquiries
Fri 21 Dec 2018
at 12:27
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
The Halfling answered the questions, skirting any that dealt with his own absence and true dealings with the tailors.

This was a life worth living, right here, doing what is best in life. How many tales would Tap be part of in his life? What questions will he be asking in two years, in three years, in five?

Was it necessary to report back to Garreg? No, it seemed autonomy was best for today, tomorrow, yes.

Now it was the bodyguard that concerned Tremor. Located her and just seeing how her activities had been noted by the locals, what, if any activities imprinted on the eyes and ears of the city.

Now was the time to see. Tremor had a starting ooint, knew for whom the bodyguard had worked, when and where passage had delivered her. Knew her trade and appearance.

It was not money that needed to be spent, judicious questions, evoked observations, overheard conversations.

Tremor devoted the next hour or so to finding out where Doriah d'Hevian was or would be this night. Investigation

04:30, Today: Tremor Enkau Valevine rolled 8 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 1.  Investigation v Dory.

Lucky !

00:05, Today: Tremor Enkau Valevine rolled 9 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 2.  Lucky,  Investigation v Dory.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:06, Sat 22 Dec 2018.

The GM
 GM, 381 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Mon 24 Dec 2018
at 09:08
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tap
"It has been a very interesting day. I do wish I had not lost my possessions."
Checking for Doriah d'Hevian's whereabouts turned into a series of comical errors. A great many street people had seen, but not observed, and their lack of attention led Tremor down several blind alleys. She had been seen off the boat. Dragonmarks were like that. On the way to the Lodge, and nearly to it, Tremor found someone who swore he'd seen heading to the Leaky Dinghy. Or the Runaground Tavern. Checking there with Falgor Finney, he heard the story of the arrival of several groups of oddly assorted ne'er-do-wells. Doriah was in the company of Old Fish, but they did not leave together. Finney thought that d'Hevian had gone to the Silver Lodge. And Tremor was out of time if he wished to keep his appointment.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 91 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Tue 25 Dec 2018
at 08:00
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Oh, By the Host, could I enjoy this any more? How have They put this here before me, am I to learn some lessons of parenthood?

"Tap, did you in fact, 'lose' any possessions this day? Might it be better to say it was taken from you?

Consider Tap, all races, all people of those races, we all have questions, our lives are spent in pursuit of answers.  We all find answers to certain questions, there are none of us, able to answer all questions. This is why we have fiends and family. To an extent we have family chosen for us by the Host, some family we chose ourselves. Friends are much the same.

Friends and family are how we answer questions we can not answer ourselves, and some answers can be paid for with coin or courage.

Here, take back what was taken from you. Know that it was taken because someone was paid to take coin from you, knew that you had it, simply not the method by which you carried it. It was returned to me to give to you, when the mistake was realized
."

Tremor hands over that which was taken.

Tremor will answer more questions and answers will come in the form of philosophy and little fact.

The finding of the bodyguard, movements and likely location is tucked away, and now it was tie to dress, and travel to the Livewood Theater to meet Lady Jalia, Tremor need to be there early in order to claim his two seats and acquaint himself however quickly with the layout, in order to guide his companion, who, while likely she may be familiar, best to be prepared.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:16, Fri 28 Dec 2018.

The GM
 GM, 386 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Thu 27 Dec 2018
at 10:25
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tap
There was no way for Tap's face to show pleasure, but Tremor imagined the warforged was grinning widely. "I see. My thanks. I have much to consider about this day. Enjoy the theater. Please forgive me if I remain at home to contemplate my experiences. I shall think on what you have said."
The Onxy fountain was perched in the center of the plaza, the solid black stone spraying water from its mouth, nose and back. The spray from the back formed itself into two large ephemerous wings that flapped slowly and ponderously. On the west side of the plaza was the staid and incongruous cathedral of the Silver Flame. Tremor could tell that the investment into this structure was far above what efforts have been made at the Lodge he'd seen earlier. But the two buildings were alike in their refusal to bow to the architectural bent of the surroundings; the Thranes would be Thrane, and their temples would be Thranish, no matter the cost. To the north the gates to the Phiarlan studios, galleries, and recital halls was framed with two black stone columns that echoes the dragon fountain without detracting from it.

The tall livewood trees that formed the east wall of the plaza dominated the space. Closely grown the trees embraced one another with their leafy arms and left only a single tall arch in the center as a means of ingress.  The wall, perforce of natural growth, was not a perfect barrier, but the close growth meant that it would require some concerted effort to penetrate it. Paying guests were beginning to file inside.

Tremor was well pleased with the clothing, the fit was comfortable, and the colors, though less bright than tremor would choose, was still very presentable.

In a circle about the dragon and another circle along the walls a bevy of shop carts and stalls had sprung up: favors and delicacies for the wealthy theater goers. The vendors clamored for attention, shouting "Nuts and sweets!" or "Fresh bouquets!" There were also several umbrella stalls. Tremor had no umbrella.

And she was there: Lady Jalia Ramires. She smiled, and waved. Tremor was sure, at him. She too, had no umbrella.

Tremor Enkau Valevine
 player, 92 posts
 Mop Hand, Molou's Distill
 Halfling, Zilargo accent
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 11:46
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Tremor smiles at Tap's choice, grooms himself as best as he is able and moves to exit with a wave to Tap.

Upon seeing Jalia, Tremor appraises his choices that brought him to this place, to meet this Lady,  to continue the story, halfway around Eberron from his birthplace.

Tremor thought to remind himself to light some candles the next time he visited the church.

The Halfling waved back and straightened and tugged down his shirt, using hands to then smooth out his sleeves.

"It is a delight to see you again.

Can you tell me there is no need of umbrellas
?"
The GM
 GM, 388 posts
 Fair Winds and
 Following Seas
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 19:35
Re: 1: Becalmed in Stormreach
Lady Jalia Ramires
"I never worry about the weather. But don't you clean up nicely? Let us buy one in the event; and keep those lovely locks of yours dry, just in case." She pointed at the nearest umbrella stall. "Have you seen the Phiarlan perform? I attended a show once, now it must be five years, or more. Here they share the stage with others blown to Stormreach. I think it is more real, since they cannot all rely on illusion. A touch of truth makes all the lies more believable." She smiled warmly. "But, tell me of your transformation: this is not the attire of a distillery wage hand. There is more to you than meets several eyes."