Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
The Shade
 player, 80 posts
 Shadows & darkness...
 T'is a conundrum...
Thu 10 May 2018
at 04:03
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
Broadcasting his observations over the mental concourse, The Shade describes the scene and his conclusions.

"Reporting: I am observing a single guard watching over what appears to be the hostages. So far, there is no observable evidence any of them have been harmed. The guard moves from window to window, pretending to embody a different guard in each. If my understanding serves me well, he is attempting to deceive observers by giving the impression there are more guards present other than himself. In addition, the bank vault appears untouched.

Since this could not have been accomplished by a single individual, the remainder is likely to be found be elsewhere. Exercise caution. I would speculate that another plot unrelated to the bank is currently ongoing, possibly regarding something other than mere monetary gain.

I will continue to observe the guard. I may give away our presence if I subdue him prematurely."

Mo'an Guuz
 player, 50 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 06:22
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
As Mo'an responds to Shade, he removes his cloak and folds it up before tossing it over his shoulder. "They would need some form of communication to coordinate their actions. If we disrupt that, the lone gunman can be subdued without causing alarm. I'm going to try to walk into the parking garage as if I'm meant to be there. If I'm stopped, I will have diverted attention from anyone else that might want to go there. If I'm not stopped, we can proceed with out plan."
With that, Mo'an does what he promised, attempting to walk casually into the garage area. Other than using the exit lane normally reserved for automobiles, he attempts to look like Joe Average and bluff his way in.
Narrator
 GM, 105 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 14:34
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
Slipping past the police is not difficult, they are mostly watching the building and not keeping an eye on the crowd. Entering the garage it is easy to hear the murmurs of people speaking deeper in the area. The voices are echoing too much to make out, there is only one possible direction they could be coming from however; down.
The Shade
 player, 81 posts
 Shadows & darkness...
 T'is a conundrum...
Thu 10 May 2018
at 15:50
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
The Shade will take a closer look at the guard from his vantage point, if that is possible. He would like to see how, if at all, the guard may be communicating with "others". Does he have a head set? A walkie-talkie radio? A cell phone? Something else?

The idea is to take him out without giving him a chance to alert any "others" in the building.
Transpower
 player, 47 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 19:32
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
In reply to Narrator (msg # 38):

Quietly moving from car to car, or whatever cover she can find, Transpower will work her way down towards the sounds of people talking in the parking garage.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:31, Sat 12 May 2018.

Skybreaker
 player, 51 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 23:57
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
{ "Just one gunman total?" } Skybreaker responds over the mental link, his thoughts think with suspicion, { "No bombs or anything dangerous that you can find, right?  Nothing taken from the vault?" }

He pondered only a moment, { "Shade, take him now.  Either he's covering as his team escapes or this entire operation is a distraction.  Make him tell you which." }

"Gideon," Tanner calls over the radio, "any indication of other trouble in the city?  Especially at high value property or personnel?"
The Shade
 player, 82 posts
 Shadows & darkness...
 T'is a conundrum...
Sat 12 May 2018
at 00:55
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
"I would agree with you, Skybreaker. I surmise this lone accomplice is buying time for others to achieve whatever actual goal is in progress here. I feel it is safe to conclude that the vault's valuables are not the primary target. However, I don't believe this is the only one present. There have to be more of them, at other locations on premise.

However, I will hold off on subduing him until I have discovered the means he uses to communicate with the rest of his team. I do not wish to surrender our element of surprise should he communicate in a manner for which I was not prepared, or if he should fail to communicate at an expected schedule, and hence give his absence away if he does not report at the correct time.

However, despite all of this, I would declare it is relatively safe for you to continue since the hostages will be under no risk.

I shall invest in a small measure of time in order to analyze the situation, and I will subdue our lone guard once I feel confident of his patterns and the communication risks. Beyond that, I shall remove the hostages out of the building via a portal and leave us to pursue our plans with no further distractions."


The Shade will overview the situation and get a count of the hostages. Are they bound? Or simply sitting down and subdued under risk of violence? ("Move and I'll shoot you!")


OOC:
Hello GM: still looking for whatever means this one guard is using to communicate. Do you need The Shade to make any rolls?
Xuanwu
 player, 46 posts
Sat 12 May 2018
at 22:29
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
Just curious. Do we know what's under this bank? Xuanwu asked across the mental link as she tried to follow Transpower without being spotted by anyone. I got hired as a zombie once in this movie where there was a secret research facility under a perfectly normal but kinda weird building...
Transpower
 player, 48 posts
Sun 20 May 2018
at 14:44
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
Transpower will continue moving further into the garage as she stealthily attempts to locate the source of the loudly arguing voices. Catching a glimpse of Xuanwu behind her the luchadora will pause to let her friend catch up to her current position.

As far as I know the only thing under most of this city is lots of swamp. You know, the more I hear about the situation from our scouts inside, the more this sounds like some kind of trap. The kind of trap that would make us look like threats rather than heroes.
Mo'an Guuz
 player, 51 posts
Mon 21 May 2018
at 07:02
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
Mo'an's mental voice sounds much more confident than when you've heard him speak, perhaps he uses it more often. He responds to the concerns raised by Transpower and Xuanwu with the following:
I doubt the bank is truly the target. The hostages and stand off are sure to draw the attention of the authorities; the true target will be on the other side of town. The question we must answer is the identity of the target. As soon as we can subdue one of the involved parties, I'll take the answer from their mind and we can move on to the target.
Photon
 player, 57 posts
 Tiny and Bright
 Lights out!
Tue 22 May 2018
at 13:30
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
Photon will quietly approach the two women heroes.  Through the telepathic link, he will address them.  "You heard that too.  I thought no one else was down here but us?  Do you think I should try approaching from under the cars and get in closer?"
Narrator
 GM, 108 posts
Tue 22 May 2018
at 14:46
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
The hostages appear to be tied and gagged. Each has their hands secured behind their backs (industrial zip ties) and what looks like a long bike cable (plastic-coated braided cable) locks each of them together. Their mouths are covered with ductape wrapped around each one's head. There is a total of nine.

The single guard does not have any visible means of communication. He is however wearing a head-concealing mask and could easily have an earbud under the mask.


Below, the group finds four masked individuals standing around an unmarked double door in the lowest level of the parking area for the building. Approximately 50m of clear space surrounds them, there are few cars parked here and most of them are closer to the entrance. A fifth figure is working some kind of tool between the doors. These doors are not listed on the blueprints.

The four who are clearly supposed to be on watch are instead facing each other and bickering about pay.

[OOC: Up until this point you have had the cover of expected sounds and distance. Moving any closer you will need to make Stealth rolls to avoid being seen. However, even though the figures are paying little attention to the garage, approaching closer then 25m will get you spotted, no matter your stealth. (Barring things like Invisibility obviously.)]
The Shade
 player, 83 posts
 Shadows & darkness...
 T'is a conundrum...
Wed 23 May 2018
at 02:11
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
The Shade watched from the ceiling vent, observing how the hostages were restrained.

There was no discernible means of communication on this guard. He didn't like that. It would be either too high tech, or he really didn't have any way to do so. Which was strange, in The Shade's opinion.

He waited until the guard's back was to him, then descended in shadow form. He waited until he was right behind the guard, materialized, and turned on his Shadow's Embrace. The guard would be enveloped in total darkness, which would not bother The Shade at all. A quick sweep would bring the guard to the ground, a full kick to the midsection would hopefully disable him.


OOC:

As described in The Shade's intentions, the idea is to move quietly in desolidified form behind the guard, shift the multipower into Ferocity and Embrace, and hit him twice by surprise before he has a chance to react.

Let me know if The Shade can make it undiscovered into that position, and I'll send you the attack and damage rolls. Please note that The Shade is expecting the guard to be effectively "blinded" (in total darkness, unable to see his target) for the purposes of OCV/DCV interaction when in Shadow's Embrace. Let me know if this assumption is incorrect. They may still surprise him. =)

This message was last edited by the player at 11:57, Wed 23 May 2018.

Xuanwu
 player, 47 posts
Wed 23 May 2018
at 02:39
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
Yeah, but... Xuanwu said back to Transpower before making a half-shrug half-nod toward the people in the parking lot who weren't supposed to be and the door that wasn't supposed to be there. The martial artist bit her lip in thought for a moment before nodding at Photon. Probably. Not too close, but let's see if you can hear what they're arguing about. Might give us an idea of what's behind that. I'm rooting for not zombies.
Transpower
 player, 49 posts
Wed 23 May 2018
at 06:09
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
OOC: Do the masked people in the garage have any visible weapons, holsters, etc.
Mo'an Guuz
 player, 52 posts
Wed 23 May 2018
at 06:20
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
With a mental nod, Mo'an chimes in about the current situation, as you close on the target, keep us appraised. If necessary, I believe I could influence ONE of them from here. It may be possible to cause one of them to hear a noise and waylay them when they come to us, but such a plan depends too much on their reactions. Otherwise, we close in without being noticed. When The Shade subdues the lone gunman with the hostages, these men may react. If they do, I would suggest removing their firearms as a top priority. If they're as cowardly and superstitious as most criminals, they'll surrender immediately upon being disarmed.
Photon
 player, 59 posts
 Tiny and Bright
 Lights out!
Wed 23 May 2018
at 19:30
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
Photon will try to peer at the 5th person who is "working some kind of tool" on the unmarked doors. He will activate his telescopic peepers to see what the thug is doing, and check over the other thugs

15:28, Today: Photon rolled 9 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,5,1.  Perception roll 13-.(If needed).

Over the telepathic link: "I think the kidnapping is the diversion. With only one guard, he's probably got a radio from one of these five yutz's down here.  They minute they hear something bad, they tell him to open fire.  I'm going to see if my telescopic vision can see what they are doing, and if they have anything unusual on them."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:32, Wed 23 May 2018.

Mo'an Guuz
 player, 53 posts
Thu 24 May 2018
at 05:42
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
With a mental chuckles, Mo'an mentions another interpretation of the facts as they know them, It's also possible these poor guys at the elevator are what passes for an intervention team on this world. If so, we'll have to stay out of their way.
Narrator
 GM, 109 posts
Thu 24 May 2018
at 14:56
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
The individual at the door appears to be attempting to saw the deadbolt. It will take some time, however he seems to be about halfway through it. All five are carrying weapons, three have rifles, the other two have clearly visible pistol holsters on their hips.

Up top, The Shade manifests from the darkness behind the lone guard and takes him down in a few quick strikes. A moment later, the four on watch stop and turn to face the rest of the garage, one of them holding a had to his ear as he says, "It's started, they just took out Top."

They do not know you are here yet, but they are now on alert. For convenience sake, we will be entering combat time as timing is now important.

Start Combat; Segment 12
The Shade
 player, 85 posts
 Shadows & darkness...
 T'is a conundrum...
Thu 24 May 2018
at 18:37
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
The Shade broadcasts over the mental concourse.

"The lone guard has been incapacitated. You are free to proceed without risk to the hostages. Unfortunately, I was unable to ascertain if the guard was in command of any means of communication."

Once clear, he will approach the hostages and ask,

"Please excuse the intrusion. I am here to assist you in leaving this predicament without harm. Is anyone hurt? Are you all able to walk?"

The Shade will look for anything on the guard that will allow him to cut the zip tie restraints: a pocket knife, cutters, anything to help them get up faster. If not there, he will search the teller windows for scissors or small cutters. Whether he finds something or not, he will open a portal to a location behind the police presence, which he should be able to see from the many windows the guard was using, and usher all the hostages out.

Assuming nothing else happens in between, when all the hostages are out he will close the portal and announce via the mental concourse,

"All the hostages have been removed from the building and are now with the police. I will review the area for the presence of any other hostiles, and then shall join you momentarily."

OOC:
Of course, if The Shade is doing this in combat timing, it will take a while. =)
Mo'an Guuz
 player, 54 posts
Fri 25 May 2018
at 04:21
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
Mo'an thinks through the link, "hold a moment, I'm going to affect the man working on the door. Let us see what he does when he hears voices on the other side of the door."
Mo'an reaches out to implant a strong suggestion in the mind of the man sawing the deadbolt that he hears radio chatter from the other side of the door mentioning team one and team two and the words "lock", "load," and "authorized".

[OOC begins]
23:12, Today: Mo'an Guuz rolled 10,24 using 3d6,6d6 with rolls of 2,2,6,6,3,1,6,4,4.  attack roll/effect roll mental illusions.
MOCV (6) + 11 - 10 = can hit up to MDCV 7
[OOC ends]
Transpower
 player, 50 posts
Sun 27 May 2018
at 21:42
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
Transpower sends through the telepathic link.

I'm going out in the open to face the other four masked men down here and get their attention and probably their bullets and such. Do not worry, I'm mostly bulletproof. Besides, its time for them to know the heroes are here.

OOC: Transpower rolled 9 on her Teleport Activation 13-.


Suddenly a vision of a Luchadora in a costume and mask of Magenta and White, with flowing long black hair appears some 30 meters in front of the four armed men.

With a shout she announces, "I am Transpower the Luchadora of Justice, Defender of the Good, Destroyer of Evil, and Enemy of Crime! You'd best bet is to surrender now before I get there and have to bring you down!"


OOC: Attempting a Presence Attack

Transpower rolled 18 using 5d6 PRE Attack .

This message was last edited by the player at 06:40, Tue 29 May 2018.

Xuanwu
 player, 49 posts
Mon 28 May 2018
at 01:34
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
There was a brief sound that was rather a lot like Xuanwu had started to say I, remembered that they were sneaking and thus had cut off the sound, then sighed as Transpower stepped out into the open. Shaking her head to herself, the martial artist decided to take advantage of Transpower's distraction to move forward using as many of the objects in the area as cover as possible but prioritizing getting closer.

OOC: Xuanwu is using her full action to run forward and is plotting her path along whatever cover from gunfire there is.
Skybreaker
 player, 52 posts
Tue 29 May 2018
at 02:40
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
Skybreaker hadn't really moved from the spot he was at when he had called Gideon for an update on any other reports of suspicious activity.

Still waiting for a response...

Or that portal from The Shade...

The others had 4 or 5 mooks with guns in the parking garage...that should be fun...

He looked around.  No one else was there.  They were all inside the bank.

Technically that meant he was part of the "reserve force" they'd talked about......  Well, unless you counted everyone else who'd been here early the "reserve force" and they'd all gone into the underground garage.  So then, he wondered, did that mean now he was the "reserve force"....or did that just mean he was slow?  Lost?  Not lazy.  Slow?  Hmmmmm

Tanner tilted his head, far enough to hear the vertebra crackle.  That felt good...man "reserve force" was boring.

"Shade.  Guys." he called out over the mental link, "Just give a shout if you need backup.  I'll keep an eye out for anything coming or going from the bank.  From the sound of it you got this."

Tanner will move to a better spot to survey the happening's around the bank.  He'll watch if law enforcement makes any moves or anyone else appears to be trying to enter or leave the bank.  Setting up on the top of the fire escape of the building he's next to would be perfect.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:41, Tue 29 May 2018.

Photon
 player, 61 posts
 Tiny and Bright
 Lights out!
Tue 29 May 2018
at 16:21
Episode 3: No Gods, No Masters
Photon was about to reveal what he saw the man working on the door, when they all suddenly reacted. The man with the radio and wire seems to be the one in contact above, but the alert was triggered.  Seeing Transpower reveal herself, Photon quickly follows her, activating his personal force shield. He will fly in and position himself about 1 foot above her head.

Not wanting to detract from her entrance, he says nothing, hoping their attention will stay focused on her, for him to surprise them with attacks, should they react violently.

OOC: Activate Resistant Protection. END used: 3