It starts....   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 4 posts
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 01:46
It starts....
The air is hot and muggy as you saunter down the road from Darkuth to Githay. You have been summoned to attend the funeral of a distant relative, who has left his entire estate to you. The sun seems to be hanging high in the sky, which gives no comfort to the already miserable conditions. Flies and mosquitos buzz around everywhere as if they own the very air itself and faint splashing can be heard in the waters off either side of the road.

Up ahead you see someone coming towards you. They are about 100 yards off and closing quickly. Just as they were close enough to make out their hair color (blonde), two tall, lanky, green figures come out of the brush to the west, grab the person, and pull them back into the swamp. You hear the screaming of a female fading into the swamp at a very fast pace.

There is the road leading North to Githay, south to Darkuth and swamp to either side.

What would you like to do?
Caderyn
 player, 2 posts
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 03:03
It starts....
Pulling my bow out and grabbing an arrow, I move quick into the swamp too try and intercept them.  While doing this, Caderyn searches his memory for what these two kidnappers might be: Int Test : Rolled 12.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:03, Mon 30 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 5 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 19:13
It starts....
From your years as an alchemist, you can tell that the two figures you saw were carting off the woman was most likely Naga, snake-like people that inhabit the swamp. It seems that these wore some sort of ornate armor, but other than that no other odd details.

The naga are long gone by now, but you can see a noticeable trail leading off west into the swamp. As you follow this trail, you come upon a giant, vine-covered building. The entrance is in the shape of a giant serpent with a yawning maw filled with fangs. All around you is swamp. There is the to the east is the trail you followed here, to the west, the maw.
Caderyn
 player, 3 posts
Fri 4 May 2018
at 00:20
It starts....
Looking around in trepidation, Caderyn really does not like the looks of a lair that likely houses hundreds of these snake-people.  Pulling a torch out, Caderyn lights it and prepares to head into the awaiting mawl of death before him.

OOC:

What do I see around the entrance?  Blood, struggle, bones?

This message was last edited by the player at 15:52, Sat 05 May 2018.

GM
 GM, 6 posts
Fri 4 May 2018
at 01:44
It starts....
You see various scratch marks, dirt and grime, but nothing noteworthy. The entrance is lit so a torch will not be necessary. You hear the faint sound of water dropping.
Caderyn
 player, 4 posts
Sat 5 May 2018
at 15:52
It starts....
OOC:

How far into the structures does the light go?  Is it flickering light, or light from the day?

GM
 GM, 7 posts
Sat 5 May 2018
at 16:00
Re: It starts....
Caderyn:
OOC:

How far into the structures does the light go?  Is it flickering light, or light from the day?


The light appears to go on for as far as you can see. It seems to be steady light, like the light from many torches.
Caderyn
 player, 5 posts
Sat 5 May 2018
at 17:47
Re: It starts....
Looking for some form of cover to move behind while entering the structure, Caderyn pulls out his bow and nocks an arrow preparing for what might be ahead.

OOC:

I slowly make my way to the next room, keeping behind cover as much as possible.

GM
 GM, 8 posts
Sat 5 May 2018
at 18:05
Re: It starts....
As you walk through the entrance, you are greeted with a long hallway with what appears t be 4 open doors, to on either side. You can see a closed door at the end of the hall, though you can't make out the details of it from where you are. The light you saw from outside is coming from lamps set into the wall. A warm breeze follows behind you from the opening of the serpent's mouth.

OOC: There is no cover in this hall save for the open doors mentioned in the above info.
Caderyn
 player, 6 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 01:04
Re: It starts....
OOC:
What can I hear?  Anything?


Gathering up what little courage he felt, Caderyn moved into the hallway and moved to the first door on his right.  Taking a cautious look around the door frame, Caderyn readies himself for flight.
GM
 GM, 9 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 01:35
Re: It starts....
ooc: you can hear the sickening sounds of silence.

Peering around the corner, trying to stay out of sight, you see a small room with a wooden coffin in the middle. There is a thick layer of mud and grime on the floor, with no signs that anything has disturbed it in a long time, save for the random common snake or lizard.
Caderyn
 player, 7 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 00:19
Re: It starts....
Turning to the door on the opposite side of the room, Caderyn moves over and peers into it to see if there were signs of recent movement that way.  While doing this, he scanned the floor to see if he could find any indication of where the Naga could have gone.
GM
 GM, 10 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 00:29
Re: It starts....
As you walk slowly across the hall, you notice that there is a trail leading to the end of the hall where a large door bars the way to whatever lie beyond. As you look through the door opposite the one with the coffin, you notice that this room looks exactly like the one you just left, a small room with a wooden coffin in the middle of it.
Caderyn
 player, 8 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 01:33
Re: It starts....
Walking a bit more rapidly, Caderyn looks in quickly at the other two rooms to confirm that they were of the same configuration as the previous two.  A coffin, and nothing else.  Looking long enough at one coffin, if it is not wood, to see if there were any decorations on it that would indicate what might be inside.

His curiosity satisfied, for the time being, Caderyn moves to the closed door and examines it.  Testing the door to see if it is locked, Caderyn prepares to open the door.

OOC:

If the door is not locked, Caderyn will attempt to slowly open the door keeping alert enough to jump back should something else open the door for him.


GM
 GM, 11 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 01:44
Re: It starts....
As you look into the other two rooms, you notice that they are Bout twice as large as the previous two, with what appears to be pieces of parchment lying on the ground. In the middle of both rooms are coffins. All of the coffins appear to be made of wood with no carvings or embellishments on them.

The door is secured with a heavy stone bar resting in pon two iron pegs (one on each side of the door).
Caderyn
 player, 9 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 02:00
Re: It starts....
Seeing that the door is barred from this side, Caderyn shrugs his shoulders as he realizes that he has lost the Naga and the woman that they had captured.  Caderyn turns, then runs back to the road, continuing on to the town.

OOC:

That breaks the Honorable trait


Not knowing what to do next, Caderyn opens the door and prepares to go through it.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:58, Wed 09 May 2018.

Caderyn
 player, 10 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 18:12
Re: It starts....
OOC:

Strength check:  22

GM
 GM, 12 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 18:23
Re: It starts....
You muster up all your strength and muscle the stone bar off it's holders. As you do so, you notice that the holders moved up along with the bar. With a sickening "click" you realize there was more to this than meets the eye.

Roll a Dex save
Caderyn
 player, 11 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 18:37
Re: It starts....
Knowing that it was too late, Caderyn prepared himself for pain.

OOC:

Dex Save : 5

GM
 GM, 13 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 18:52
Re: It starts....
You decide to duck, thinking that the danger is coming from high up. You find that you are correct, only the danger is in the form of a giant hammer that takes up the entire hallway swinging down on you from just behind you. You take 12 damage.

Your life starts to flash before your eyes, then the show is abruptly halted with a wet "thud" that you were never meant to hear.

RIP