01 - The Wandering Walk.   Posted by The GM.Group: 0
Seria
Mon 2 Jul 2018
at 18:28
The Wandering Walk
Seria objects again, "Village needs help... Family needs help... Brother too hurt to help... I can get to Cylion Basin... by myself..."
The GM
 GM, 13 posts
Mon 2 Jul 2018
at 18:31
The Wandering Walk
Those of you who have been on the Walk for a while know that Cylion Basin is about a day and a half journey west of the cairns. It is known as a place of respite and healing by Peregrines and other travelers you've encountered.
Harrion Morris
 player, 7 posts
 Strong-Willed Nano who
 Employs Magnetism
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 14:05
The Wandering Walk
Harrion gives a bit of a frustrated look. "I guess I can accompany her. I need to get moving anyways. Might as well actually have a destination."

He looks at the other people who have gathered. "If anyone else wants to come, they should. In case anything followed them here."
Jak
 player, 6 posts
 Stealthy Jack who exists
 partially out of phase
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 16:28
The Wandering Walk
"If there is a possibility of something coming this way, I'm not staying here... Might as well travel with a group. Count me in."
Star
 player, 5 posts
 Strong Glaive who
 fuses flesh and steel
Mon 9 Jul 2018
at 17:52
The Wandering Walk
Star looks at Theros and they both nod. "We will go with Patel to fight. No one else should get hurt."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:17, Tue 10 July 2018.

Killean Graves
 player, 4 posts
 Graceful Jack
 who murders
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 17:36
The Wandering Walk
"Strangers, you ask too much..." I mutter quietly for only our company to hear. "It's a simple numbers game... I'll accompany those of the company that wish to go with the girl. I do not wish to walk into certain conflict in a fight I take no side in."
Jak
 player, 7 posts
 Stealthy Jack who exists
 partially out of phase
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 18:03
The Wandering Walk
Jak looks around for a second, checking out the volunteers.

Come to think of it...

Looks at Star and Theros

Are you two strong? I have needed to go to the False Woods, but have never been able, since I do not wish to travel that far alone. If we stand a chance in the fight, it would be very beneficial to take this opportunity to get their quickly and safely.

Looks at Patel

What do you say the odds are? Do you know how many pallones? Do we need more fighters? I wish to get to the False Woods safely and am willing to offer my aid in exchange for that, but not at the cost of my life. But if you believe our chances at success are good, then I will go with you and these other two to fight.
Killean Graves
 player, 5 posts
 Graceful Jack
 who murders
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 18:27
The Wandering Walk
Goodness, Jak, am I in that much need of a shower?

I sigh heavily, before theatrically resetting my posture and expression.

Addressing Patel: friend, I travel with my company, and my company- the majority anyway- find it fit to aid you in your village' defense. It would seem I've suddenly been struck with a divine sense of altruism!
Harrion Morris
 player, 8 posts
 Strong-Willed Nano who
 Employs Magnetism
Fri 13 Jul 2018
at 13:54
The Wandering Walk
Harrion sees the lack of support for going to the Basin and his fingers begin to fumble. As the orb he'd been rolling from his fingertips begins to fall, he catches it with magnetism. Carefully he floats it back up into his now steadied palm.

"Hm," he voices worriedly before turning to the many Cairn dwellers who have not spoken up yet, "Anyone know this Basin? Been there? I think we could offer this girl better protection than me alone."
Patel
Sat 14 Jul 2018
at 22:02
The Wandering Walk
He looks at Jak directly, "We managed to fend off the attack last time, but there's no telling when or how many will attack again. Once the village is secured, maybe someone there can help you with whatever business you have in the False Woods."

Now addressing the whole group, "Thank you for your generous offer, everyone. Surely, with your help, our odds are better than without. But I do fear that my sister cannot make it to Cylion basin on her own. Will anyone else not go with her?"
The GM
 GM, 14 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2018
at 22:19
The Wandering Walk
Most everyone else at the camp seem to be made uncomfortable by Patel's request. One traveler says, "that girl makes me very uneasy. Something just seems...off... about her. Maybe her brother knows more than he's letting on?"

"Why doesn't her brother go to Cylion Basin? He doesn't look like much use in a fight in his current condition." another suggests.

A third agrees, "Of course! Cylion Basin is supposed to be the best place to find healing near here. And on that beast they are riding on, they'd arrive in no time."

Meanwhile, as the metallic orb floats back into Harrion's hand, one of Star's metallic objects is gently pulled toward him.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:24, Sat 14 July 2018.

Harrion Morris
 player, 9 posts
 Strong-Willed Nano who
 Employs Magnetism
Wed 18 Jul 2018
at 15:22
The Wandering Walk
Noticing the slight reaction from Star's equipment, Harrion gives a curious look before turning to look more closely at Patel. What can he assess of Patel's injuries?
The GM
 GM, 15 posts
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 04:58
The Wandering Walk
In reply to Harrion Morris (msg # 36):

OOC: Let's do the first roll of the game!

To assess Patel's injuries is a Standard (level 2) task. To succeed you must roll on a d20 equal to or higher than the target number, which is three times the task difficulty level. For this particular task, you must roll at least a 6 (2 × 3).

Before you roll, there are ways to lower the difficulty level, such as using a skill or asset, working together, or, most importantly, applying Effort.

Skills lower the difficulty by one level if trained or two levels if specialized. An inability increases the difficulty by one level.

Assets are anything that can help with a task, such as items, knowledge, or aid from characters with skills that apply to the situation.

Effort reduces the difficulty by one level for each level of Effort applied. Effort costs points from your stat pools, so it isn't an infinite resource. The first level costs three points, and each level after that costs two. Starting characters may only apply one level of Effort.

Post what you are going to apply to the situation to change the difficulty, then click here to roll.
Note: This takes you to the Dice Roller with the important info already filled in, just click "Roll The Dice".
Harrion Morris
 player, 10 posts
 Strong-Willed Nano who
 Employs Magnetism
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 13:09
The Wandering Walk


Harrion steps a bit closer to get a clear view of Patel.
The GM
 GM, 16 posts
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 13:41
The Wandering Walk
Upon careful and intense inspection, you can tell that Patel's injuries are serious but not life-threatening. He has lacerations all along his arms and legs ranging from an inch to six inches long. The bleeding has been bandaged well, but logic would tell you that he would not fare well in a fight until he gets much-needed medical treatment.
Harrion Morris
 player, 11 posts
 Strong-Willed Nano who
 Employs Magnetism
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 14:10
The Wandering Walk
"Go with your sister," Harrion says to Patel. "You may not be dying, but you won't put up much of a fight like that. Go with her, and I'll join these..." he gives Jak, Killean, Therous, and Star a sideways glance, "folks in going to help your village."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:12, Fri 20 July 2018.

Patel
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 14:14
The Wandering Walk
"Butó"
Seria
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 14:17
The Wandering Walk
"Brother, its okay. You... need help. I'll... protect us."
Patel
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 14:35
The Wandering Walk
"...You're right, sister. Very well."

Patel turns to the group. "Thank you for assisting our village. To get to the False Woods, travel east out of the cairns. After a couple hours you should see a slightly less-traveled path heading north. Take it. You should soon be able to see the woods. The journey is a long one, so be prepared to make camp at least once. Unless..." He looks at his sister and the scutimorph they are riding on. "...you have other means of transportation."
The GM
 GM, 17 posts
Tue 24 Jul 2018
at 14:09
The Wandering Walk
With a direction to follow and a group of companions forming, you make your final preparations before heading toward the False Woods. Is there anything specific you would like to do before leaving?
Harrion Morris
 player, 12 posts
 Strong-Willed Nano who
 Employs Magnetism
Tue 24 Jul 2018
at 14:58
The Wandering Walk
Harrion gathers his things and awaits the rest of the party at the edge of the Cairn.
Jak
 player, 8 posts
 Stealthy Jack who exists
 partially out of phase
Mon 30 Jul 2018
at 17:58
The Wandering Walk
Jak checks to make sure he has all of his things, then joins Harrion.
The GM
 GM, 18 posts
Mon 30 Jul 2018
at 18:23
The Wandering Walk
Patel and Seria ride off westward toward Cylion Basin while the group makes final preparations for the journey ahead. As the party sets out, the old man with the bloodscar sees you off. "It really is nice to see the able-bodied come to the aid of strangers. It brings me much joy to know that there are still selfless, trusting people out there. But this journey will not be easy, so I leave you with this: 'On the Wander, a man would do well to sleep with his best of friends.' I pray your bond with each other is a strong one. Farewell."

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

As you likely expected, the journey along the Wander's arid landscape is taxing. However, it proves uneventful. The Mouth Cairns, as well as the mountains of the Black Riage, are now behind you. As you travel along the Walk, you notice a less-traveled path heading north, just as Patel advised.
Jak
 player, 9 posts
 Stealthy Jack who exists
 partially out of phase
Mon 30 Jul 2018
at 20:15
The Wandering Walk
Looks like this is the "less-traveled path" he was talking about.
Jak starts heading down the less-traveled path.

Since we may be upon our destination soon. We should come up with some kind of battle strategy. What is everyone's strengths? I, for one, am not very strong. So I would prefer to stay back with my crossbow. If possible, I would like to have a coordinated surprise attack on these pallones and take them out before they know we are there.
Harrion Morris
 player, 13 posts
 Strong-Willed Nano who
 Employs Magnetism
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 20:59
The Wandering Walk
Harrion gives the path a nervous look before following. "Less-traveled path; better place to hide. We'd better hope I'm just paranoid."

He begins to rhythmically fidget with his bracelet of loose scrap metal. "Not much of a fighter myself. Better at scavenging. I can sort of deal with things from a distance... in my own way."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:41, Thu 02 Aug 2018.