The Auction.   Posted by GM Hammer.Group: 0
Divatox
 player, 16 posts
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 01:38
The Auction
"It would be best, I think, if we looked like we were on the same page."
GM Hammer
 GM, 18 posts
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 16:27
The Auction
When Divatox and Ensi-Ron returned, the academic that Divatox had been speaking with had also retrieved Professor Zerka.  "My fellow professor says you two may be willing to help us win the bid on the wreckage site?"

"On certain conditions," Ensi-Ron emphasized.

"And what conditions would those be?" the professor asked.

"Access to the site and first pick of what we remove from the site," Ensi-Ron answered.

"We could surely let you have access to the site for helping us," Professor Zerka conceded.  "But I'm afraid we cannot allow you to remove anything from the site."

Master Kenobi glanced over at Divatox.

OOC: What does Divatox do?
Divatox
 player, 17 posts
Wed 22 Jul 2020
at 20:28
The Auction
OOC Persuasion (change attitude): 18+7=25

IC "We understand your apprehension with our request," Divatox began, "we want to help you but we need something in return for supporting you."
GM Hammer
 GM, 19 posts
Tue 28 Jul 2020
at 22:44
The Auction
"Yes, I agree," Professor Zerka said.  "And we are giving you something in return: access to the site, which you wouldn't have if we won on our own."
Divatox
 player, 18 posts
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 19:43
The Auction
Divatox looked back at Master Kenobi, unsure what more she could do to change their minds or what they should do instead.
GM Hammer
 GM, 20 posts
Wed 2 Sep 2020
at 21:41
The Auction
Sensing Divatox's glare, Ensi-Ron chimed in, "Then I'm afraid we'll have to wish you luck and go our separate ways."  Master Kenobi gave the professors a nod and turned around.

Divatox could see in Professor Zerka's eyes that he was a little disappointed, but he made no attempt to change his stance.

"You did well Padawan," Master Kenobi complimented.  "It would have been advantageous if we had been able to work with the professors: we would have been more likely to win the bid.  We could have borne not winning the ship outright and being able to remove it from the planet, but we must be able to remove any Dark Side objects from the ship, and it seems nearly everyone here is intent on keeping everything to themselves."

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:30, Tue 05 Jan 2021.

Divatox
 player, 19 posts
Mon 4 Jan 2021
at 16:27
The Auction
"Which I understand but it's still frustrating," Divatox lamented.  "Negotiations are always a matter of seeing how your needs overlap, and convincing each other they should when they don't.  I guess I wasn't successful this time."
GM Hammer
 GM, 21 posts
Tue 5 Jan 2021
at 23:44
The Auction
"Maybe on this particular issue," Master Kenobi admitted.  "But I get the feeling we may have future opportunities to work with them."

OOC: Any other comments/actions before the magistrate calls things to order?
Divatox
 player, 20 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2021
at 14:41
The Auction
OOC Nope.
GM Hammer
 GM, 22 posts
Thu 7 Jan 2021
at 18:37
The Auction
As the noise in the courtroom started to die down, the magistrate stood up and banged his staff on the marbled dais to call everyone to attention.  "Welcome everyone to our auction of the ancient ship.  I will now go over the rules for the auction."  He paused and shook out his arms.  "First, today is just for registration of your intent to bid."  Audible grumbling commenced at this announcement, but the magistrate continued on.  "This registration will cost 500 credits.  After you have registered your intent to bid, we, the government of Bheriz, will check into your backgrounds to ensure you each have enough funds to participate in the auction."  As the groans increased in volume, the magistrate struck his staff on the floor again.  "Once you have registered, you will be given a comlink with a specific comcode to contact planetary security, who will be in charge of relaying messages between myself and those participating in the auction.  When everyone's backgrounds have been cleared, the bids must be delivered in person within 12 hours.  The minimum bid is 5,000 credits.  All bids will be entered into our computer system secretly so that no one will know what anyone else has bid.  After all the bids have been delivered, the bidder with the highest bid will be declared the winner and will be announced the next day.  Does everyone understand?" the magistrate asked in conclusion.

OOC: Any questions from Divatox?
Divatox
 player, 21 posts
Wed 20 Jan 2021
at 14:57
The Auction
OOC Nope.
GM Hammer
 GM, 23 posts
Wed 20 Jan 2021
at 20:56
The Auction
With no pending questions hanging, the magistrate announced "Very well, I invite each group to come up one by one and register on the computer system."  He struck his staff on the marbled floor again to formally conclude announcements and begin the registration.

The Hutt, who Master Kenobi identified as Lorga, pushed his way forward to be the first to register.  After finishing at the computer he let out a might "Ho, ho, ho," and then slithered off.

Next was the group of professors that Divatox had tried to work with.


OOC: Make a Perception check.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:57, Wed 20 Jan 2021.

Divatox
 player, 22 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 18:27
The Auction
OOC 14+6=20
GM Hammer
 GM, 24 posts
Fri 29 Jan 2021
at 21:08
The Auction
As the professors registered, Divatox noticed one of the professors slip the magistrate a piece of flimsiplast.
Divatox
 player, 23 posts
Thu 11 Feb 2021
at 20:14
The Auction
Divatox scowled and related what she saw to her master in a whisper.
GM Hammer
 GM, 25 posts
Fri 12 Feb 2021
at 17:58
The Auction
Master Kenobi nodded, "Yes I noticed that too.  My guess is that they are giving the magistrate some way to contact them later.  They dare not bribe him here."  Master Kenobi glanced sidelong at Divatox to see what she made of that.
Divatox
 player, 24 posts
Wed 17 Feb 2021
at 17:09
The Auction
"Hedging their bets, I'd imagine," Divatox replied.  "They likely won't be the only ones.  Everyone will assume the others will do the same so they'll try it first."
GM Hammer
 GM, 26 posts
Thu 18 Feb 2021
at 19:28
The Auction
"An astute observation," Kenobi said complimentarily.  "Let's keep our eyes open."

Sir Malthac, the finely dressed Human who had been arguing with Lorga the Hutt, was the next one to register.  After he finished, the group of students approached the registration computer.

OOC: Make another Perception check.
Divatox
 player, 25 posts
Fri 4 Jun 2021
at 02:30
The Auction
OOC 16+6=22
GM Hammer
 GM, 27 posts
Mon 7 Jun 2021
at 18:30
The Auction
Divatox notices that after the students register they seem very satisfied about something, even gleeful.

OOC: What does Divatox do?
GM Hammer
 GM, 28 posts
Fri 16 Jul 2021
at 22:22
The Auction
Divatox decided to file away this information for later.  As she and her master approached the registration computer, Master Kenobi mumbled a "Hmmm."  When Divatox gave him a questioning look, he whispered "I feel like those students are up to something, but I'm not sure what."

After Divatox and Master Kenobi registered and returned to the crowd, the dark-clad woman stepped up.  Immediately after finishing her registration, she spoke directly to the magistrate in a voice loud enough for the other bidders to hear: "I want to see the ship and the crash site before the bidding begins," she demanded.

"An interesting proposal," the magistrate countered.  He paused as he considered the idea, then turned to the rest of the bidders.  "I put the idea up for a vote.  What do the rest of you say?  Can Miss Selan Mela see the site before the bid?"

Master Kenobi gave a questioningly look to Divatox to see what she thought.
Divatox
 player, 26 posts
Fri 6 May 2022
at 19:32
The Auction
"I propose that we ALL see the crash site, that way things are fair."  Divatox responded, wisely.
GM Hammer
 GM, 29 posts
Mon 9 May 2022
at 23:45
The Auction
When the vote was first proposed there was some murmuring among the crowd, but after Divatox's offer, the mood started to shift to a more positive result.  "I agree, we should all see what exactly we're bidding on," one of the young students spoke out first.

"Yes, let's all see it," Professor Zerka concurred.

"Indeed," Sir Malthac said simply as his rival Lorga grumbled something in Huttese that sounded positive.

Selan Mela looked about desperately as the situation changed around her.  This was clearly not an outcome she had anticipated or desired.

The magistrate turned back to her.  "Well Miss Mela?  Will you concede to allowing all bidders to see the property?"

Selan seemed frustrated by this, but clearly saw no way out of it.  "Very well, I concede."

"Excellent!" the Magistrate pronounced.  "The site is best scene in good light, so since we are heading toward twilight, we will dismiss this company until the morning at 0800 local time.  We will meet here and I will arrange for a tour of the site.  And don't worry, we will not delay the background checks for this so that the bidding will proceed as quickly as possible."  With that the Magistrate turned to other business and the several different bidding groups headed out, each receiving their promised comlink.

After Master Kenobi took their comlink and received the corresponding comcode, he and Divatox exited the courtroom.  "So what shall we do now?" Master Kenobi asked casually.
Divatox
 player, 27 posts
Tue 10 May 2022
at 15:05
The Auction
OOC Knowledge (Galactic Lore) check 18+1=19 on the planet we're on.
GM Hammer
 GM, 30 posts
Tue 10 May 2022
at 20:04
The Auction


Divatox knew that Bheriz was in the Outer Rim along the Triellus Trade Route.  They planet was led by a Viceroy.  It is a mining planet whose major export was teniline granules, a mineral crucial in the production of hyperdrives.