Pixie Proving Grounds.   Posted by Harbinger of Doom.Group: 0
Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 2 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 13:47
Pixie Proving Grounds
Game Map found here: Link back to this game

The sand below your feet seems as if it is stained by centuries of blood from the dead and dying warriors that have trod that path before you. Safely hovering above ground, you stare at the iron bars in front of you, uncertain as to what your first challenge will be. You were told you'd face three challenges, whether that was meant all at once, or wave after wave of enemies, you have no idea.

However you are certain of this - death is real. The Elders would never allow for a graduation to be complete if the cycle of nature was not represented.

And so, as the doors lift, the ancient metal creaking and groaning under the weight of the massive doors that separated you from danger, you get a first glimpse at what you will be facing.

Three wolves, one larger than the rest, cautiously enter from the other-side of the field. You smirk a little, perhaps this challenge would be a piece of cake after all...

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:18, Thu 07 June 2018.

Clover Nightshade
 player, 1 post
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 16:47
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 1):

"Wolves? Seriously?" I mumble to the air, apparently, with my fists on my hips. "Show up for archery practice drunk on elderberry wine one time and suddenly they don't take you seriously any more. It isn't like I MEANT to shoot the teacher in the ass!"

I sigh as I pull out my sling and bullets and prepare for the so-called 'challenge' by flying into the arena towards the wolves, hovering about 15' in the air.
Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 3 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 16:55
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Clover Nightshade (msg # 2):

Groovy, so let me know the following:

Free:This is things like speaking, dropping something, etc.
Standard:What do you do with this action?
Move:You have a walk of 20 and a fly of 60. Flying up 15 either up or diagonally will eat up some of your forward movement.
Swift:This is for other things, like spells and maneuvers

Also, feel free to choose a speaking color for your speech under "styled text".
Clover Nightshade
 player, 2 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 17:04
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 3):

I fly up 15' and forward 45' towards the largest wolf and load my sling.
Wolf Pack
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 17:15
Pixie Proving Grounds
You unleash a stone (how many of these do you have? - 10, correct?), but it bounces harmlessly off the ground of the arena floor next to the largest wolf. The wolves run as a pack towards you, and they begin to circle around the pillars. The pillars are only about 7 feet high, but they are big enough that wolves can gain cover from your aerial attack. These wolves are seemingly seasoned ambush hunters, perhaps they are more than they seem?


Roll a spot check to see the wolves. Also, please post your rolls and color them orange so that they are easy to see. :) Or you can make them "private" and I'll be the only one able to see them.


Clover Nightshade
 player, 3 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 17:41
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Wolf Pack (msg # 5):

I hide myself amongst the pillars seeing that the mutts aren't as stupid as I thought and focus on trying to spot the nearest one.

I hold my action for when one comes within range on my bullet.

13:31, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 16 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

13:29, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 26 using 1d20+7.  Spot.

13:38, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 25 using 1d20+9.  Shoot.

13:54, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 1 using 1d3.  Damage.

13:58, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 5 using 1d6.  Sneak Attack.



This message was last edited by the player at 17:58, Thu 07 June 2018.

Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 4 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 18:36
Pixie Proving Grounds
You easily see all three wolves and head for a free pillar, pressing yourself against it waiting for the wolves to come into range.

The largest wolf moves forward, seemingly communicating silently in the ways that wolves on the hunt do, as he stalks towards where you were last seen. As he moves forward you unleash a stone with impressive accuracy, and he yelps in pain, the stone lodged deep in his haunch as it bleeds freely.

But in launching your attack you gave your position away, and the wolves charge towards your position, leaping over the pillar to attack you. The largest wolf is eye level with you when his jaws snap, just inches from your face as you barely dodge away. The second actually leaps over you, and its jaws snap shut on empty air as you easily evade. The last wolf also leaps, but falls short, it's fangs mere inches from your feet as it lands.

OOC: Map Updated. :)
Clover Nightshade
 player, 4 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 18:49
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 7):

Eeewww dog breath.

I say with a giggle as I launch another stone (2nd used) into the injured wolf and dart away to hide behind the same pillar.


14:41, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 23 using 1d20+9.  Attack.

14:41, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 2 using 1d3.  Damage.

14:43, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 5 using 1d6.  Sneak Attack?

14:44, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 33 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

Wolf Pack
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 20:08
Pixie Proving Grounds
Your stone thwacks the lead wolf in the nose, and he yelps again, though you can tell it was only a glancing blow. The wolves circle around the base of the pillar, sniffing the air. They seem aware that you are up there, though you are certain the crack you managed to squeeze into makes you practically invisible.

Their they sit, poised beneath you, ready to spring as soon as you reveal yourself.




You need to catch them flat-footed for a sneak attack... so either if they have fallen prone, if you bluff them (takes 2 rounds), or if they are surprised (because you hid and then attacked from hiding, or something along those lines.
Clover Nightshade
 player, 5 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 20:21
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Wolf Pack (msg # 9):

I feign darting out of my concealment to fly to the pillar to the left (so top left)while I actually fly back around to the other side of my pillar to hide yet again.

16:19, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 9 using 1d20+7.  Bluff.
16:19, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 26 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

Wolf Pack
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 20:29
Pixie Proving Grounds
As soon as you leave your purchase, the wolves (interrupting your turn) leap into the air, attempting to bring you down. The big one that you had been striking at leaps first, and seems on target to get you, but it falls far short, as does the second wolf.

The third however, takes advantage of your tricky maneuver, and its jaws sink into your leg.

15:58, Today: Harbinger of Doom, for the NPC Zeta, rolled 15,22 using 1d20+3,1d20+3. Jump Attack.

Jump and attack hit AC of 22, so even with the advantage you would have gotten with your bluff, it would have still hit.

16:01, Today: Harbinger of Doom, for the NPC Zeta, rolled 5 using 1d6+1.  Bite dmg.

Take 5 dmg


What's worse, the wolf doesn't let go, and attempts to bring you down to the ground!

16:01, Today: Harbinger of Doom, for the NPC Zeta, rolled 10 using 1d20+1. Trip Attack.

Dex VS DC 10 Trip or be prone!

Pass or fail, you have your move and standard actions that you can take. Map remains unchanged, except that you would be on the ground if you fail, and if you succeed you managed to escape it's jaws and are about 7 feet off the ground (same height as the pillar).


Clover Nightshade
 player, 6 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 20:47
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Wolf Pack (msg # 11):

I squeal in pain and twist out of the animal's jaws to escape the grab and fly straight up 22 feet (29 total off the ground)then shoot the injured wolf again (3rd bullet used)



16:37, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 22 using 1d20+10.  Escape Artist.
16:45, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 27 using 1d20+9.  Attack.
16:45, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 2 using 1d3.  Damage.

Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 5 posts
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 01:39
Pixie Proving Grounds
"Now, now, Clover, that's cheating." an annoyingly prim, high pitched voice admonished, it's familiar tone sending a chill down your spine.

Crystal Morning-Glory.

Of all the Paladins they had to put in charge of your Graduation trial... The Elders picked Crystal?

Graduation was a special time amongst the Pixies. It represented that a pixie was free to travel as they pleased. That they had learned enough to deserve the consequences of their choices. There were other tests that she had passed, but the test of combat was one that she had chosen. It was one that few Pixies took, even fewer survived, and resulted in either great respect or even fame.

The last one to pass such a trial Crystal "I'm the best at everything" Morning-Glory, paladin of Oberon and Titania.

OOC: You have gained: Childhood Rival. Come up with 3 confrontations that represent why this NPC is everything Clover thinks should die in a fire. :p Write them as flashbacks if you'd like.

You had your own reasons why you wanted to pass the trials... and those would be interesting to read about as well.

But this was no time to walk down the memory hellscape, because Crystal was too busy ruining your life once again.

"The next wave of opponents will arrive in 1 minute. Healing potions can be found on defeat opponents." she said, confirming a mystery.

Your trial consisted of three waves of enemies.

And while the Alpha wolf was pretty badly injured... it wasn't out of the fight. However, you do notice that each wolf has a collar, with a vial attached to it.

Map remains unchanged really. You're too high for the wolves to get to... for the moment. But you also now have 12 rounds before a new enemy enters the arena. :p
Clover Nightshade
 player, 7 posts
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 02:47
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 13):

Crystal? Seriously? That uptight, stick up her ass, always sucking up to the elders bitch was the last thing I needed right now, like she knew anything about 'fair'. Was it 'fair' that she was the granddaughter of the chief elder and had always had everything handed to her on a plate? Was it 'fair' that no matter how hard I worked, Crystal was always just a little bit faster, just a little bit better, and always a lot more popular?

I know she knew exactly what she was doing when she invited everyone to come to a party at her house on MY second birthday and of course everyone went because she had all the coolest stuff and promised everyone all the sweets they could eat. Like she couldn't have celebrated passing her first trial any other day. She just wanted to steal any attention from me. She always hated it when she wasn't the centre of attention.

Then there was Thorn...my first love and the only guy I ever really liked. She never showed any interest in him until he asked me out. She couldn't stand that any guy wouldn't go drooling after her so she just wouldn't be satisfied till she stole him from me. When I caught them kissing I knew I would hate her for the rest of my life.

As if all that wasn't bad enough, she had to choose the test of combat. She had never even showed any real interest in combat until she saw that I was actually better than her at something for once. That was when she suddenly took an interest and was able to buy time with all the best trainers. Her taking the test of combat was the last dig she had to take at me, making sure that anything I did after her would once again pale by comparison...

Now she was in charge of MY test? This was the last straw. The sound of her voice was like pouring gasoline on the flame of my anger and I looked down at the three wolves and saw her face on each of them. Shit was about to get real...

With a growl of annoyance I feign a diversion so that I can fly to the pillar to the south and hide behind it.

22:45, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 16 using 1d20+7.  Bluff.

22:44, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 35 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:51, Fri 08 June 2018.

Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 6 posts
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 03:38
Pixie Proving Grounds
Nice. 150 XP for great RP!


Remember, the pillars are 7 feet tall.


As you take off to the South, the wolves give chase, barking as they take off, but you are much faster, and you lose them as you swoop behind the pillar and tuck yourself into a pixie sized crack at the top, still within range of a jump and a bite.

The wolves circle the base, sniffing the air. They seem aware of your general direction and prepare themselves again.
Clover Nightshade
 player, 8 posts
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 12:41
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 15):

I shoot my 4th bullet at the injured wolf and dart away diagonally across the field to hide behind the top left pillar, trying my best to get them off my trail.

08:40, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 13 using 1d20+9.  Attack.

08:40, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 3 using 1d3.  Damage.

08:39, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 16 using 1d20+7.  Bluff.

08:39, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 19 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 7 posts
Sat 9 Jun 2018
at 17:41
Pixie Proving Grounds
Flying up and back over the pillar you launch a sling bullet at the Pack Leader, surprising him as the tiny bullet imbeds itself deep in his eye. The other wolves howl in anguish and give chase, but with your faster speed you are able to secure yourself amongst the carvings on the other side of the new pillar. The wolves begin to approach the pillar, but more cautiously than before, as they tense and ready to pounce. They seem to know you are in the vicinity of the pillar, but are uncertain as to where exactly you might spring from next.

Still, neither of these wolves has felt the sting of your bullets, and with 6 left and more enemies on the way, blood pouring down your leg... things aren't looking good.

So... you're doing GREAT! I'm making this challenging, but I'm pretty sure you got the wolf fight, and it's a great intro into some of the tactical stuff your character needs to think of. So in that spirit, some housekeeping for you.

Hiding is a part of your move action, which you can do as long as you have concealment. So, when you move to the other side of the pillar (breaking their line of sight), you can hide... but enemies will obviously know where you were last seen. There are other ways, like items and spells, and special abilities, which will also grant you concealment. Once you get Greater Invisibility at 5th, this is going to be brain-dead easy for you.

Bluff, used as a standard action, will leave an enemy flat-footed. If you take improved feint, you can use it as a move action, but that doesn't really allow for ambush tactics like you're doing in this fight.

But for now, what you are doing, shooting and moving, that's giving you the best chance at minimizing the number of attacks you face. As it is, my wolves are readying attack actions for when you reveal yourself.

It MIGHT be possible for you to negate these attacks if you can fly away and attacking them from behind on your next turn... but these wolves seem to be able to SMELL you too... even if they can't spot you with your crazy high hide check. :p

There are feats like "shot on the run", etc., which will make you more maneuverable in a fight, but for now, you're doing great. Hope that some of this is helping you and giving you ideas. :p



Clover Nightshade
 player, 9 posts
Sat 9 Jun 2018
at 18:51
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 17):

I shoot my 5th bullet from my hiding spot with the sinking realization that I am already down to half my bullets and fly to the pillar to the right, again trying to find concealment.

14:47, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 28 using 1d20+9.  Attack.

14:46, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 3 using 1d3.  Damage.

14:46, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 5 using 1d6.  Sneak Attack Damage.

14:46, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 34 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

Wolf Pack
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 02:20
Pixie Proving Grounds
Your bullet lodges itself deep into the neck of the wolf as it yelped in pain, blood matting it's fur. Still it and it's remaining pack mate lept into the air, their jaws snapping shut on empty air.





22:04, Today: Harbinger of Doom, for the NPC Zeta, rolled 10,16 using 1d20+3,1d20+3.

22:04, Today: Harbinger of Doom, for the NPC Beta, rolled 6,13 using 1d20+3,1d20+3.  Jump Attack.


Clover Nightshade
 player, 10 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 02:48
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Wolf Pack (msg # 19):

I take a deep and silent breath from my hiding spot, looking at my small amount of bullets remaining with mounting concern, before firing bullet number 6 at the injured wolf.

22:43, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 10 using 1d20+9.  Attack.

22:43, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 2 using 1d3.  Damage.

22:43, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 4 using 1d6.  Sneak Attack Damage.

22:42, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 23 using 1d20+15.  Hide.


And fly behind the pillar to the south and attempt to hide.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:24, Tue 12 June 2018.

Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 8 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 13:02
Pixie Proving Grounds
You lean over the edge and let fly another bullet, but this time it rebounds off the ground harmlessly. The wolves too, leap into the air, and one of their jaws snaps shut so close to your face it brushes your nose.

Map unchanged
Clover Nightshade
 player, 11 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 14:19
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 21):

With a distinctly unladlylike curse that gives me some satisfaction to know will offend Crystal, I launch my 7th bullet in to injured wolf and fly for the pillar to the south to hide behind it.


10:16, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 21 using 1d20+9.  Attack.

10:15, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 3 using 1d3.  Damage.

10:15, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 19 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 9 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 15:20
Pixie Proving Grounds
Roll a perception check DC 10, and an Intelligence check DC 10.
Clover Nightshade
 player, 12 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 16:16
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 23):

12:15, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 15 using 1d20+4.  Intelligence.

12:15, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 18 using 1d20+7.  Spot.

Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 10 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 17:30
Pixie Proving Grounds
As Crystal's voice rings out in an admonishing tone, "Is that profanity REALLY necessary?" you arrive behind the Southern Pillar, seeing the corpse of the Pack Leader with the vial in his collar. A vial you recognize as a healing draught (2d4+3 HP). The wolves are hot on your trail, baying as they charge towards you.

You can grab the vial, but you'll be attacked, and you won't have time to drink it (standard action).

Or you can continue to hide behind the pillar and continue attacking them as you have been... hoping that they don't leap up and take a bite out of you before you take the next one down.

Or... you can try anything else you can think of, but you know the wolves will be on you in 5, 4, 3....


OOC: Just giving you some food for thought. Will update the map when you decide what you are doing...
Clover Nightshade
 player, 13 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 18:07
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 25):

I feel a surge of satisfaction at hearing Crystal's words which gives me some energy despite my pain from my injuries. I glance longingly at the healing draught but know that it would be an impossible risk with two wolves still alive. I fire my 8th bullet into the injured wolf and fly around the same pillar to break the line of their sight so I can attempt to hide again.


13:59, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 23 using 1d20+15. Hide.

13:58, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 15 using 1d20+9.  Attack.

13:58, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 2 using 1d3.  Damage.

13:58, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 2 using 1d6.  Sneak Attack Damage.

Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 11 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 20:06
Pixie Proving Grounds
As you hide behind the pillar, you notice that there is only 1 wolf remaining, and lopes up cautiously, and while it seems to be able to smell your general vicinity, it doesn't actually see you.

You wait until just the right moment, and unleash a stone at the wolf which manages to lodge between its ribs, causing it to yelp and pain. You lose it as you fly to the other side of the pillar as it begins to stalk you, not leaving the pillar as it still seems to know you haven't left the area thanks to its keen sense of smell.




1. Did the 7th bullet hit with a 21?
Yes

2. If it did, is the wolf dead yet?
Yes

3. If it is dead can you please change the targeting to the last wolf?
I did

4. Was my hide successful? If not negate the sneak attack damage please.
Yes, although the wolves have an ability called "scent", where if they are within 5 to 60 feet of a creature, they are aware of it. Within 5 feet they can actually pinpoint where you are. So, because you've been hiding at the top of the pillars, they know in general where you are.

In order to lose the wolf, you'd have to fly away from it further than it can follow (you'd notice they have a speed of 40), break line of sight to hide, and then move half speed once hidden to move to a new location. If you did that, it would follow to where it last saw you, and if it failed its spot, wouldn't really be able to smell you unless you were within range of its scent ability. Even if it passed its spot though, you could still be too far away from it for it to be able to attack you.

That being said, just always roll your sneak attack damage. I'll include it or exclude it depending on what happens. :)





Clover Nightshade
 player, 14 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 20:33
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 27):

My confidence kicks in as I see the second wolf drop and I unleash my 8th bullet into the remaining wolf as I make plans to heal myself quickly before the next round. As soon as it is loosed, I fly for the pillar to the top left and try to hide once again.


16:27, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 25 using 1d20+9.  Attack.

16:26, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 1 using 1d3.  Damage.

16:26, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 2 using 1d6.  Sneak Attack Damage.

16:25, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 20 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 12 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 21:25
Pixie Proving Grounds
The wolf once again yelps in pain as you lash out with your stone, leaping and snapping at you, but as it comes down it's clearly favoring it's left side as it gives chase. With your greater speed you easily out pace it, but it follows you and waits, circling the base of the pillar, growling menacingly.




Clover Nightshade
 player, 15 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 22:21
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 29):

I give my 9th bullet a quick kiss before firing it at the wolf. He seems pretry weak so I'm really hoping this one will finish him off. As soon as I fire I fly to the pillar where the body of the largest of is and I hide once more just in case the wolf is stronger than I thought but I prepare myself to fly down and grab the healing potion the moment it drops. (OOC: Not a prepared action just rp effect lol)


18:15, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 29 using 1d20+9.  Attack.

18:14, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 3 using 1d3.  Damage.

18:13, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 1 using 1d6.  Sneak Attack Damage.

18:11, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 20 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 13 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 23:13
Pixie Proving Grounds
You bury your 9th bullet into the wolf's throat, and it gurgles a whimpering growl as it breathes it's last. You breathe a sigh of relief, until Crystal's voice fills the arena once more.

"I suppose you just barely managed to survive the puppy attack... so you have a little time to lounge around before you face your 2nd challenge." she says with a mischevious giggle... likely twirling her finger around a lock of her hair idly.

The question remains, from which of the 2 gates will your challenge come from... and what form will that challenge take? Bleeding, out in the open, you realize that this was just the beginning...



OOC: That looks like a natural 20... if it is, roll to confirm the crit. If you "hit" again, you get to do 2 or 3 times your damage. Yes, that includes your sneak attack dmg too.

That being said, it's JUST enough to get him unconscious, so you have 6 rounds to prep for the next wave!

Post it however you'd like, but I need 6 standard and move actions from you basically.

Clover Nightshade
 player, 16 posts
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 01:36
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 31):


19:16, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 17 using 1d20+9.  Confirm Critical.


I chuckle inwardly at Crystal's passive aggressive attempts to derail me because I have spent years learning how to irk her right back. I fly down to the largest wolf's body and down the healing drought as I begin to sing jauntily.

20:28, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 7 using 2d4+3.  Healing Potion.


Once there was a maiden fair with locks of golden hair;

A saintly lass, no man could pass to win her virtue rare.


Feeling so much better, I add a little dance to my song as I flit about and gather the other two healing potions, tucking them away somewhere as accessible as I can get.


One day, while walking in the woods, she came upon a troll,

with dick so large she had to sigh and ask him for a roll;


Once the potions are safely tucked away, I start searching for stones to replace my bullets (2 rounds) as my song continues...

20:25, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 4 using 1d10+2.  Finding Stones.


He gazed upon her laying there spread like a golden flower,

as she cooed at him to draw him near with all her wanton power.

The troll was wise as he saw her prize, his pants he would not doff;

For if he fucked this frosty bitch, his dick would freeze right off.

The troll took pity on her though, this fair and saintly lass;

He filled his lungs, and kissed her lips, and blew it out her ass.


I finish by bending over and smacking my ass before going into hiding atop the top right pillar and attempting to discretely keep an eye on both gates.


20:26, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 33 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

Winged Creature
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 21:01
Pixie Proving Grounds
Bonus 50XP for the great lymerick. :p

Also, your size has been updated to be more appropriate, the wolves were bigger than you... and so is this creature. If you want to identify it, you'll need to make a Knowledge Arcana.

It seems that Crystal has unleashed a form of revenge with her next choice of a trial opponent.


You could almost feel a simmering anger permeate the arena but Crystal remains silent as you have a laugh at her expense. Once you are hidden, however, she does speak up, as both gates begin to open.

"I don't know WHY you feel the need to be so... vulgar Clover. You must think you're so very funny... but you're just a fool. Always have been, and always will... which is why you have no chance at passing this test. Your lack of tact... well it only makes you weaker." she says huffily, as a creature begins to step through one of the open gates.

You don't have a hard time discerning from where it's coming from, as a hoof and a bird's claw step into the arena. Its avian head looks around before letting a defiant screech that resounds through the arena, it's imposing feline frame moving gracefully as it sniffs the air... searching for prey.

With a girlish giggle, you hear crystal say, "I don't hear you laughing now Clover. I don't know why the look on your face is priceless!"

And as you look at the imposing creature, it's true... you don't feel like laughing...



It extends its wings and with a leap, it's airborne as it begins to circle the arena...

16:48, Today: Harbinger of Doom, for the NPC Winged Creature, rolled 21 using 1d20+8.  Spot VS 33.

Only to swoop swiftly down onto the first wolf you felled, sniffing it carefully before putting an avian claw on and tearing through meat and bone as if it were nothing...

For now, it seems you remain hidden, but you see that it quickly and easily swooped from the East Entrance to the center of the arena... as if the distance were nothing for it to cross. It seems like, while it's a clumsier flier than you, it's still faster. While it couldn't outmaneuver you, it could easily overtake you, and it seems to be able to RUN as fast as you can fly.


Clover Nightshade
 player, 17 posts
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 21:56
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Winged Creature (msg # 33):

I stare at the creature, trying to put aside my anger so that I can remember my studies. I know I must have studied something about this creature but they taught me so much useless crap...

17:47, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 27 using 1d20+8.  Knowledge Arcana.

This just confirms what a bitch Crystal is that she would send something like this for my trial. Silver linings though, all the more glory for me when I pass a test so much harder than hers. Maybe I was onto something here...

I fire my bullet (1/5) at the creature and dive into the deepest crack I can find for cover.


17:54, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 21 using 1d20+9.  Attack.

17:54, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 1 using 1d3.  Damage.

17:53, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 2 using 1d6.  Sneak Attack Damage.

Clover Nightshade
 player, 18 posts
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 22:07
Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Clover Nightshade (msg # 34):

18:06, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 17 using 1d20+15.  Hide.
Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 14 posts
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 15:20
Re: Pixie Proving Grounds
The stone catches the eating Hippogriff squarely on the side of the head, bouncing off of it as it draws a drop of blood. It's gaze snaps right to your position at the top of the pillar, even as you scramble into a deep crevice on the other side.

With a screech and the flapping of its wings, it soars over the top, pulling off a wingover as it lands before facing your hiding place and swiping at it with one avian claw - it's head eye-level with your hiding place. But even if it weren't, you know that it's keen sense of smell would have helped it suss out your location with as close as it landed.

The claw scrapes away some rock and rubble, and you figure a few more attacks like that, and you'll have no place left to hide. What's worse, in the tight space, there's no room for you to use your sling. Ranged attack from this close would mean an AOO for the Hippogriff. Tight quarters would be a -4 even if you want to brave it. Don't forget, next round, it gets a full attack on you (2 claws and a bite). Are you familiar with the Withdraw action, or how to use Tumble? I'm assuming you are, but this is a dangerous fight, so I want to make sure you are aware of all your options. :)


</quote>
Clover Nightshade
 player, 19 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 13:50
Re: Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 36):

I tumble out of the groove, trying to avoid beak and claws and use diversion tactics to feign heading to the pillar to the south while I actually head to the bottom right pillar and hide.


09:50, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 19 using 1d20+8.  Tumble.

09:49, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 25 using 1d20+7.  Bluff.

09:48, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 33 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 15 posts
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 18:46
Re: Pixie Proving Grounds
As the hippogriff sticks its beak into the crevice you managed to wedge yourself into, you place a dimunitive hand on its beak, tumbling onto its head before flying straight down behind it as you teasingly run a finger along it's back. It screeches in rage as it snatches impotently at the air where you were, practically flipping itself over to get at you as you dive in between its legs and the fly high towards the pillar to the right, hiding behind it before skimming the ground to the pillar at the bottom right and hiding there.

Sure enough, the hippogriff races to the other pillar and circles it, sniffing at the air before looking south... in your direction.

You have evaded it, but it seems to have caught your scent, and it's now intent on tracking you down, like a cat hunting a mouse.

Albeit, a mouse that can fly.



Sorry it took me so long!
Clover Nightshade
 player, 20 posts
Thu 5 Jul 2018
at 21:25
Re: Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 38):

I launch my second stone (2/5) at the creature from my hiding spot and fly to the pillar to the left, breaking sight so I can attempt to hide again.

17:18, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 26 using 1d20+9.  Attack.
17:19, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 2 using 1d3.  Damage.
17:19, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 5 using 1d6.  Sneak Attack Damage.
17:20, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 30 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 16 posts
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 17:03
Re: Pixie Proving Grounds
The stone impacts the creature, hitting it in a sensitive area in its neck, and blood begins to pour freely as it launches itself at the area where the Pixie was, craning its neck back and forth in search for Clover, turning it's head and sniffing towards her newest hiding place.



Sorry it took me so long!
Clover Nightshade
 player, 21 posts
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 19:48
Re: Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 40):

I let out a soft silent sigh of relief, seeing that I seem to have lost the creature for the moment anyways. I take very careful steady aim as it searches for me at the other pillar and launch my third (3/5) stone at the beast. The moment my stone is launched I fly for the top right pillar and attempt to hide once again. I know this strategy is slow and risky but I know it is my only chance in this fight.

15:33, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 22 using 1d20+9.  Attack.

15:33, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 1 using 1d3.  Damage.

15:32, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 3 using 1d6.  Sneak Attack Damage.

15:31, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 24 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

Harbinger of Doom
 GM, 17 posts
Mon 3 Sep 2018
at 19:33
Re: Pixie Proving Grounds
The stone impacts the creature, hitting it in a sensitive area in its neck, and blood begins to pour freely as it launches itself at the area where the Pixie was, craning its neck back and forth in search for Clover, turning it's head and sniffing towards her newest hiding place, but this time, it seems more cautious, as if prepared for the next attack.



Sorry it took me so long!

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:25, Mon 03 Sept 2018.

Clover Nightshade
 player, 22 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 04:34
Re: Pixie Proving Grounds
In reply to Harbinger of Doom (msg # 42):

I use my bluff skill to make the creature think I have flown for the bottom right pillar while I actually fly towards the corpse lying at the base of the top right pillar and I conceal myself in the goriest part of the body, covering myself in its gore and scent in the process.

00:33, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 30 using 1d20+15.  Hide.

00:33, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 14 using 1d20+12.  Move Silent.

00:32, Today: Clover Nightshade rolled 15 using 1d20+7.  Bluff.