IC: Stuff is Messed Up.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Giovanni di Calluti
 player, 19 posts
Wed 5 Sep 2018
at 08:13
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Gio follows the young lad to the bar and dutifully begins to take out some brass pennies on the counter. He methodically counts a few to separate. Then after a moment counts a few more.

This looked like a place folks bought more than pies, but what did he expect. Teach him for having such a strong sense of justice...
GM
 GM, 34 posts
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 20:16
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
A halfling pops up from behind the counter.  You notice right away that he looks cleaner than most people here, other than the scar under his right eye.  He glances around to make sure that no one else is too close, then says Look friend, I don't know who recommended the piemaster to you, and I'm glad you thought to take them up on it, but I'm afraid some of the ingredients weren't delivered when they were supposed to be.  Try back tomorrow, and hopefully I can get it together for you.  He looks a little nervous as he tries to get back to his work, and while it's not entirely clear you're pretty sure you hear him mutter Doesn't help that my delivery man wound up dead this morning.
Sylvie
 player, 5 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 00:42
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Sylvie awaited a short time before following the men inside and kept her distance. She approached carefully, and remembering her old friend's advice, she spoke to the halfling. "Is there a way to get the ingredients for you today? It could be good for your business?" putting one coin in front of her she also added with an innocent smile "Is there anything I can get for this amount?"
Giovanni di Calluti
 player, 20 posts
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 09:23
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Gio glances at Silvie, then leaned over the bar and lowered his voice a touch.
“Signor, your delivery man, he be Jurgen? It is this we would be like to talk on.

You can tell us of his journey, si? His pick up, and route?...”


Of course he didn’t know that Jurgen was the courier, but things were too much of a coincidence to pass up.
GM
 GM, 35 posts
Sat 15 Sep 2018
at 18:24
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
The barman takes Sylvie's coin, smiles, and says Kind of you to offer, but-  He stops when Gio cuts in with his question and asks What's your business with Jurgen?  Once you answer (whatever exactly you tell him) he leans in a little closer and says He was supposed to meet some friends last night at Dieter Shultz's warehouse near the river.  But I didn't send you there, right?
Sylvie
 player, 6 posts
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 01:47
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Sylvie smiled at Gio as the barman gave out an interesting lead, "You are very smart. I wouldn't have guessed."
Mathilde
 player, 19 posts
 Matthias, nobody of
 import. Really. Pamphlet?
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 02:51
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
"Of course you didn't. An' if we end up poked full of holes like our friend, it's not on you." Mathi says. Their voice only quivers a little as they flash back to the claws and bites. "Jurgen done us all a good turn at some point, and we were—we was fearsome sad about his demise. Watch won't make justice for the like of him or, really, the likes of us. Law don't care. So we don't have to care too much about it, right?"
Giovanni di Calluti
 player, 21 posts
Fri 21 Sep 2018
at 13:49
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Gio smiles and bows his head.
”Sento nessuno Signor,”

To Silvie he spreads his hands deprecatingly.
”Oh you are too kind. No I am so smart. In Tilea I read on strategy, if I read it better maybe I do not end up in a cold land with pazzo food,” he laughs nervously, as if not sure where the boundaries of etiquette lay here.
With a deep breath he suggests.
”Allora, andiamo this Shultz warehouse. Maybe we can talk along the way, I’m keen to know still, what brings Juergen so many friends, and how far you be strong to go for justice yes?”
GM
 GM, 37 posts
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 13:02
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
It doesn't take too long to find the warehouse.  It's still technically in the West Side, but on that strip of riverfront property that is considered to be the area of honest laborers rather than untrustworthy riff-raff (never mind that they are often one and the same, depending on whether they are seen at work or at home).  It is a large wooden building with small windows on all sides, high up in the walls.  It has no fancy name, or any identifying sign at all other than the number 19 painted in red near the front doors.  The doors are open when you approach, and a few workers are carrying crates out and piling them in the street, where other workers are taking them and loading them onto a riverboat docked nearby.
Giovanni di Calluti
 player, 23 posts
Thu 25 Oct 2018
at 10:34
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Gio arrives but is initially content back and watch the goings on. He takes note of the name of the riverboat, and tries to identify its captain for later. The young man also keeps an eye out for anyone in or around the warehouse wearing clothing that would suggest they are of a more senior position. That or the kind of riff raff that immediately catches the eye!

He takes the role of a man deep in thoughts looking out across the murky river.
Sylvie
 player, 8 posts
Fri 26 Oct 2018
at 02:46
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Sylvie awaited a bit at first, but once Gio moved as if contemplating the river, she approached him and got pretty close by his side. "I still wonder what you think." She hesitated at first but finally took his hand. "I guess this place isn't much for you. Do you miss your home?"
GM
 GM, 39 posts
Sat 27 Oct 2018
at 16:29
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
The riverboat has "Speedy Baron" painted in bright red on the side facing you.  Everyone is dressed similarly, but it's easy to tell who is giving the orders there and who is taking them.

On the warehouse side of things, the work is being overseen by someone who looks at once to be a boss-type and eye-catching riff-raff.  He is a burly man with rotten teeth and the kind of booming voice that would probably still be loud even at a whisper.  In the midst of telling the other workers where to put the cargo they are bringing in, he spots Gio and shouts Oi, you lookin' for a little coin?  Come over 'ere and 'elp carry this shit inside!
Mathilde
 player, 22 posts
 Matthias, nobody of
 import. Really. Pamphlet?
Wed 7 Nov 2018
at 01:38
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Mathi hangs back somewhat, a slight figure amongst the riverside roustabouts. The youth looks suspiciously like they'd prefer to just disappear completely, with competing waves of emotion crossing their face when they think nobody's paying attention. The idea of...carrying things seems improbable, particularly since it looks like any one of the stevedores could circle the youth's biceps between thumb and fingertip.
Karl Hausner
 player, 2 posts
 Actor, gambler, scoundrel
Wed 7 Nov 2018
at 03:10
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
A new figure emerged from a side street and observed the boat thoughtfully. The stranger had copper coloured hair, a trim goatee beard and blue-purple eyes. Karl had recently visited the Spotted Mushroom himself and now made his way to the warehouse.

To anyone observing Karl did not look like much of a laborer; he was in reasonable shape but not exactly bulging with muscles and his red doublet was of good quality.

Glancing around he spots a boy in a red cap who seems currently unengaged. In a fine tenor he says: 'May I have a word with you lad?'
Giovanni di Calluti
 player, 24 posts
Wed 7 Nov 2018
at 07:55
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Gio glances furtively at Silvia, in a low voice he whispers.
“Si. But mostly I miss the food.
What is it with you people and sausage?”


At the burly fellows call, Gio adds hurriedly,
“Ah fortune throws us a bone Signora,”
He walks quickly over, taps his forelock and replies,
“Always looking for a coin, or two...

Where do you want it?”
He asks jovially as he stepped lightly onto the Speedy Barons deck and surreptitiously took a long look at the cargo within.
Sylvie
 player, 9 posts
Thu 8 Nov 2018
at 02:53
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Sylvie didn't waste any time, she walked shortly behind Gio and approached the burly man. "Is it ok if I can stay around while I wait for him? I promise not to get in your way." She smiled while acting like a lost puppy, maybe this was her chance to have a reason to get in and scoop around without being suspicious. After all, having to carry those things wouldn't leave much time to look around.
GM
 GM, 40 posts
Fri 9 Nov 2018
at 03:21
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Gio doesn't notice anything suspicious about the cargo.  These boxes are heavy, which is to be expected, but not unmanageable.  And none of them give you the sense that they contain corpses or forbidden literature or anything of that sort.

The warehouse boss leers at Sylvie and says You, love?  You can stay around as long as you like.  He tries to follow you around as you look over the warehouse itself, but he is too distracted by the actual work he is trying to supervise.  Once his attention is diverted you are able to get deeper inside.  You notice in area in the back where it looks like some boxes have been moved out from where they belong, and the dirt floor is disturbed in a manner suggesting... well, some sort of commotion.  More than you could figure out with a mere glance at least.

Mathi and Karl, you two are still outside in the street next to the warehouse.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:22, Fri 09 Nov 2018.

Mathilde
 player, 23 posts
 Matthias, nobody of
 import. Really. Pamphlet?
Fri 9 Nov 2018
at 15:11
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
A bit hesitantly, Mathi turns to the well-dressed stranger. Without her erstwhile companions hanging about, they feel even more threatened by the general atmosphere. "Yes, sir? You need summat?" Their voice is almost as high as the actor's, but rather thinner. They do wear a sword, but don't seem particularly ready to reach for it.
Giovanni di Calluti
 player, 25 posts
Fri 9 Nov 2018
at 15:28
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Gio labours with the cargo, he really wasn’t cut out for this. Or books either apparently.

At the sight of the disturbed area he glances over his shoulder and darts into the space, crouching down and letting his eyes and finger roam over the floor and boxes within.

OOC: failed perception, but passed search!

This message was last edited by the player at 15:31, Fri 09 Nov 2018.

Karl Hausner
 player, 4 posts
 Actor, gambler, scoundrel
Sat 10 Nov 2018
at 10:48
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Karl noticed something unusual about the boy but couldn't quite put his finger on it. With a mental shrug he abandoned it and pursued the issue at hand.

"I am looking for information about a late friend of mine," Karl said, glancing around in a rather melodramatic fashion and lowering his voice. "You are aware Herr Kupfer has met with foul play? I'm trying to find out what happened to him and frankly you look like a lad with something between his ears."

He paused a moment, obviously weighing something in his mind. "I am Karl Hausner of the Nuln stage. Perhaps you have heard of me?"
GM
 GM, 41 posts
Sun 11 Nov 2018
at 00:08
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
The warehouse manager never told you to put anything in this particular corner, but between trying to manage the wares and trying to keep his eyes on Sylvie, it's not too hard for Giovanni to get back there without him noticing.  Once his eyes have adjusted to the darkness he focuses on the spot Sylvie had pointed out when they crossed paths, and quickly sees that there is a large wooden trapdoor in the floor there.
Mathilde
 player, 24 posts
 Matthias, nobody of
 import. Really. Pamphlet?
Thu 6 Dec 2018
at 15:08
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
"Heard of you? Can't say I have, Herr Hausner. Never been to Nuln." Mathi says. "But Herr Kupfer...very foul, very foul play. Been to say words at Morr's Garden we have. Terrible cut up. What brought you here, though, sir?"
Sylvie
 player, 11 posts
Thu 6 Dec 2018
at 23:12
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
Sylvie sat down over a crate on a visible place, and watched around as if looking at Gio. She however was looking for possible entrance points so the whole group could return at night.
Karl Hausner
 player, 6 posts
 Actor, gambler, scoundrel
Fri 7 Dec 2018
at 01:10
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
In reply to Mathilde (msg # 71):

Karl tried to hide his disappointment at not being recognised by name. Still what could one expect from a waif?

"A few words from a halfling in the know. What about you boy? Clearly you are a friend of Herr Kupfer, and since you used the term 'we', I suppose you are not alone. Perhaps we can join forces and track down the, ahem, person or persons unknown who slew our mutual friend?"
GM
 GM, 44 posts
Sun 9 Dec 2018
at 01:03
IC: Stuff is Messed Up
The only obvious entrance is the large cargo door.  There are a couple of smallish windows up near the ceiling, intended to let in light but not provide an open view.  They look like you could squeeze through them but might have a hard time of it.  Besides that, there is also the manager's office - the door is closed so you can't see in there right now, but odds are there's another access point there.