Episode 01: Riders of the Black Temple.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 309 posts
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 18:19
Re: 07:55, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring

That night's watches were irregular, people was confused and angry, some just could not sleep the whole night and others just did not have mind to take care of themselves when they knew innocents were suffering right now. A feeling of guilt falls heavily over your shoulders and even some of you start feeling as cowards.
Eventually some of you send messages to each other that you did the right, it does not matter how much your partners try to make you feel better, you feel horrible.

With some sparse sleeping you finally end your time of rest (long rest achieved), no one tasted any food. When it was about 8 a.m. everything was ready to leave.
Li Lei
 Hengeyokai Kensai, 41 posts
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 20:58
Re: 07:55, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
"I need to know, I hope you will wait, I should only be an hour or two".

Li Lei stood up and walked into the forest until out of sight. The sound of flapping wings could be heard soon after in the distance.

OOC: Going to recon the village to see what happened or what is happening. I will stay high in the air to avoid detection.
Storyteller
 GM, 310 posts
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 21:15
Re: 07:55, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
In reply to Li Lei (msg # 119):
Shido Mitsunari
 Human Wu Jen Hon, 62 posts
 PP [13] PI [12]
Sat 14 Sep 2019
at 10:42
Re: 07:55, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
The young Wu Jen Hon does not stir from his prone position. Exhausted from the previous day's emotional ordeal, he is apparently still wandering around in dream scape...

OOC: Once Li Lei returns, we get down to deciding what do we have here. A group of strangers thrown together by circumstances with no mutual bonds whatsoever? Or can we find a unifying purpose to stay together...
Yamano no Ken
 Human Monk, 30 posts
 PP [20] PI [13]
 AC16, HP 7/9
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 21:41
Re: 07:55, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
Under his bucket like helmet Yamano no Ken seemed to come off as cold, but he was certainly feeling as much grief as the others.  He gave a few half-hearted attempts to console some of the others but even his words, while logical, felt as if they lacked empathy.

"It takes an army to stop and army.  We are but one hermit monk and..." he took in the rest with a sweeping gesture of his hand.  Unsure of the status of the others, he didn't know what or how to address them properly.  "Unless any of you have noble ties we an appeal to, the only chance we have in stopping the bandits would be assassination, and I'm no assassin."
Li Lei
 Hengeyokai Kensai, 42 posts
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 00:09
Re: 07:55, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
Her wings beat madly as she took her sorrow out on herself with physical exertion. Flying as fast as she could she made her way back to the makeshift camp with the others. Landing in the forest a little ways off she stopped and bent over, losing the quick meal she had eaten upon waking. People had died, lives were ruined, and it was their fault.

Walking back into their camp she did so in a way to be well seen from further back as to not to alarm them.

"I counted four dead of the villagers who were willing to fight. An equal number it seems to what we did to them. Also some of the buildings in the village were razed and burned. Things are worse now than if we had not shown up at all. I don't know about you but I feel awful. Those murderous bastards of the black temple, little more than bandits. They need to feel my boot upon their throat."
Shido Mitsunari
 Human Wu Jen Hon, 63 posts
 PP [13] PI [12]
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 16:16
Re: 07:55, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
At the sound of Yamano speaking, the sleeping form of Shido finally stirs. Sitting up slowly, the young Wu Jen Hon turns to look at the sohei, and then around the campsite at the rest of the companions. "Where's Li Lei..." he begins, stopping abruptly when the familiar form of the kensai appears.

Sighing deeply, he squats near the campfire, and picking up a dried branch, begins poking at the dying embers. There is a long silence before Shido speaks again. His voice is low, barely a whisper, but the implications of his words resound like a thunderclap out of the clear sky.

"Burn down the Temple."

The young Wu Jen Hon looks up at his companions. His eyes are dead serious. "Disperse this nest of bandits. Root out this scourge upon the land. Set the people free from its tyranny."
Patricus
 Elf Wo Jen Hon, 17 posts
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 16:23
Re: 07:55, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring

What should be our next movement?
Shido Mitsunari
 Human Wu Jen Hon, 64 posts
 PP [13] PI [12]
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 16:35
Re: 07:55, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
Shido glances at Patricus briefly before turning to look at each of his companions.

"We find out where is the Temple. Find a way to infiltrate it. Burn it out from within."

The young man glances at Li Lei. "You have scouted the surrounding. Did you see the Temple?"
Yessera
 Hengeyokai Noburu, 51 posts
 PP [13] PI [13]
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 19:21
Re: Episode 01: Riders of the Black Temple.
Yessera doesn't seem to be suffering from the same kinds of outrage the others feel, her comments are calm and considered, not guided by anything but the forming of a plan.

"Had we not encountered this problem it would only have grown to encompass more peoples lives, and caused far more death than four people.  Their assumption of our weakness or fear should give us the advantage we need to sneak into the temple and either destroy or cleanse it as required, this is exactly the kind of problem that an army is least effective at solving so we probably do not want to go telling anyone about it just yet."
Li Lei
 Hengeyokai Kensai, 43 posts
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 03:10
Re: Episode 01: Riders of the Black Temple.
Li Lei shook her head.

"I have not seen the temple but I know they attacked the next village, perhaps we could go there and learn what we might, if we were careful?"
Patricus
 Elf Wo Jen Hon, 18 posts
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 11:22
Re: Episode 01: Riders of the Black Temple.

Why don't we use some type of disguise?
Li Lei
 Hengeyokai Kensai, 44 posts
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 14:39
Re: Episode 01: Riders of the Black Temple.
"I like the idea of using a disguise. We have seen how the bandits dress, perhaps we can mimic that or find some of the bandits and take their clothing?"

Li Lei moved and sat down Indian style on the ground folding her clothing out to cover her legs as she sat. She reached over and squeezed Shido's arm in a friendly greeting but just as much to help reassure her of her surroundings and having a friendly face to help put her at ease over yesterday's epic failure.
Shido Mitsunari
 Human Wu Jen Hon, 66 posts
 PP [13] PI [12]
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 21:27
Re: Episode 01: Riders of the Black Temple.
Shido acknowledges Li Lei's squeeze with a pat to her hands and a brief but warm smile. He returns to the discussion at hand, bowing his head as he considers Yessera's and Patricus's words.

"Yesterday, I saw the leader of the raiders from the Temple. He seemed a most competent individual, leading his band capably. And as we rode away, he marked each of us..."

Looking up, Shido glances around at the party. "By now, our description may likely have been handed out to the nearby muras, with instructions to look out for and report if any of us were noticed."

He shakes his head. "I am afraid there is much risk if we were to try and enter any mura now, even in disguise. I suggest we lay low for awhile - a couple of weeks perhaps - before trying."
Shido Mitsunari
 Human Wu Jen Hon, 67 posts
 PP [13] PI [12]
Wed 18 Sep 2019
at 14:11
Re: Episode 01: Riders of the Black Temple.
The companions continue to talk as various arguments and ideas are put forth and considered.

Shido turns to Yamano, his shrewd eyes giving the hermit and his bucket-like headgear a good lookover. "Your kabuto hides your face from sight. There's a good chance none of the enemy has a good idea what you look like beneath. How about you enter the nearest mura and check out the place? See if it is safe for the rest of us to appear."

The young lad points at the sohei's helm and outer garment. "With a different outer garment and leaving your kabuto behind, you could quite easily look like any other wanderer or sohei passing through the mura."

Shido turns to the rest of the party. "The rest of us can remain hidden outside the mura and wait for him to return. And meanwhile, Li Lei could fly back to Tosa mura and spy on the raiders - especially their captain - from the air."

"At dawn tomorrow, we could all meet back together at the north side of the mura to share information and decide what to do."

"How's that sound?"
Patricus
 Elf Wo Jen Hon, 19 posts
Wed 18 Sep 2019
at 14:28
Re: Episode 01: Riders of the Black Temple.

It sounds ok to me, will Li Lei go for a second scout or not?
Li Lei
 Hengeyokai Kensai, 46 posts
Wed 18 Sep 2019
at 14:38
Re: Episode 01: Riders of the Black Temple.
Li Lei nodded grimly and stood up dusting off the earth from her clothes.

"I will do my best and will meet you where you say in the morning. I hope to bring you good news."

She walked off to the woods again, disappearing from sight.

OOC: wait until I think I am alone, change back into the bird and fly back trying to pick up the trail. I will attempt to watch them from afar for my own safety and only get close if I think it worth the risk. I will also try to stay out of sight using flight and my tiny size to my advantage.
Storyteller
 GM, 312 posts
Wed 18 Sep 2019
at 14:46
Re: 08:10, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
In reply to Li Lei (msg # 134):
Li Lei
 Hengeyokai Kensai, 47 posts
Wed 18 Sep 2019
at 15:04
Re: 08:10, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
In reply to Storyteller (msg # 135):
Storyteller
 GM, 313 posts
Wed 18 Sep 2019
at 15:06
Re: 08:10, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
In reply to Li Lei (msg # 136):
Shido Mitsunari
 Human Wu Jen Hon, 68 posts
 PP [13] PI [12]
Wed 18 Sep 2019
at 16:01
Re: 08:10, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
"It is not right that I should fight and bleed alongside comrades whom I know naught about..."

"I'm Shido no Mitsunari." The young Wu Jen Hon bows politely before his companions. He gives an additional lower bow for Yessera who seems like someone important.

"I travel the length and breadth of the land, seeking sights, sounds, and experiences that are extraordinary and out if this world."

He looks at each face gathered around. "Tell me about yourselves. That I may know who is it that fight by my side this day."
Li Lei
 Hengeyokai Kensai, 48 posts
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 11:46
Re: 08:10, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
In reply to Storyteller (msg # 137):
Storyteller
 GM, 314 posts
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 12:57
Re: 08:10, Day 2, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
In reply to Li Lei (msg # 139):
Li Lei
 Hengeyokai Kensai, 49 posts
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 15:43
Re: 07:35, Day 3, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring
THE MORNING OF THE MEETING

Li Lei is waiting at the designated meeting place with a small well hidden fire going and the aroma of cooking food wafting through the air. You can immediately detect the smell of roasted meat but you also get the hint of sweet berries. She is sitting cross legged with a small knife slicing some white radishes into a cooking pot that already has some potatoes in it cooking.

She looks up long enough to ensure that you are not an intruder before returning to her task. Once everyone is there she speaks first.

"I hope you are all hungry, I have some hare that I managed to snag this morning and a few root vestibules that I collected along the way. I have news for you although I don't know how you will take it. I went back to the village and the black temple bandits were gone. Instead there were officials from the local government there asking a lot of questions about us. It seems we are now wanted by two potentially powerful groups. They were told by the villagers which direction we fled in so we may be sought after even now by them."

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 16:12, Thu 19 Sept 2019.

Storyteller
 GM, 315 posts
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 16:21
Re: 07:35, Day 3, Month 1, New Moon, Year 1, Spring

In that very moment a group of 10 riders guided by a samurai that looked as someone with authority suddenly appeared in front of you. Although you listened the hooves of the horses, everything was so fast that the group could not react, immediately you see in front of you the leader of the riders over his horse.

Are you the group of warriors that helped the people from the mura west of this road?