Combat.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 248 posts
Wed 21 Aug 2019
at 00:52
Combat.
08:17, Today: Storyteller rolled 13 using 1d20.  Initiative of the riders.

The riders did not expect the attack so the group has surprise over them and the riders cannot act in the first round.

PP [13] PI [13] Huan-Kin-Fei (O32)
PP [13] PI [13] Li Lei (N33)
PP [13] PI [12] Shido (M35)
PP [20] PI [13] Yamano No Ken (O35) sorry but Q28 is outside the bridge so I put you behind the line of defense.
PP [13] PI [13] Yessera (N31)

ROUND 1

Phase 1
Huan-Kin-Fei
Li Lei
Yamano No Ken
Yessera

Phase 2
Riders (they occupy four squares each, two lines of four each from M-N-O-P-16 to M-N-O-P-23)

Phase 3
Shido
Yamano no Ken
 Human Monk, 17 posts
 PP [20] PI [13]
 AC16, HP 9/9
Wed 21 Aug 2019
at 15:00
Combat.
Yamano no Ken leapt up onto the railing and ran closer towards the riders.  A hand whipped out at blinding speed sending dart in their direction.  He then stopped, his interest seemingly back on his fishing line.  "Oh! I think I got one," he exclaimed.

I would have bet money my first roll would be a natural 1!
Move to P24
07:50, Today: Yamano no Ken rolled 6 using 1d20+5.  attack.

Li Lei
 Hengeyokai Kensai, 21 posts
Wed 21 Aug 2019
at 15:11
Combat.
The sparrow, appearing to be spooked by the sudden engagement of combat, darts away toward the riders.


Move: Using movement to go from N33 to N23
Action: None
Bonus: None
Free: None
Storyteller
 GM, 250 posts
Wed 21 Aug 2019
at 23:23
Combat.
In reply to Yamano no Ken (msg # 2):

Evidently you failed.
Huan-Kin-Fei
 Human Samurai, 19 posts
 PP [13] PI [13]
Wed 21 Aug 2019
at 23:27
Combat.
As Huan-Kin-Fei sees his companions to engage the riders in melee combat, that is an invitation to go and meet them. Apparently the strategy planned around the narrow space left by the illusion was ignored by the first two attackers so he only shrugged and run to the action.

Action: Dash
Move: Move to O24
Bonus: None
Free: None
Storyteller
 GM, 251 posts
Wed 21 Aug 2019
at 23:27
Combat.
In reply to Li Lei (msg # 3):

I placed you on N24 because N23 is occupied by one of the riders.
Yessera
 Hengeyokai Noburu, 30 posts
 PP [13] PI [13]
Thu 22 Aug 2019
at 02:25
Combat.
Move: To N37
Action: Ready
Readied Trigger: Vicarious Attack to grant a single normal attack to Huan-Kin-Fei to use against the lead rider.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:28, Thu 22 Aug 2019.

Huan-Kin-Fei
 Human Samurai, 20 posts
 PP [13] PI [13]
Thu 22 Aug 2019
at 02:50
Combat.
Huan-Kin-Fei takes advantage of the vicarius attack endowed by Yessera and moves his katana...

21:48, Today: Huan-Kin-Fei rolled 11 using 1d20+4.  Vicarius attack endowed by Yessera.

21:50, Today: Huan-Kin-Fei rolled 8 using 1d10+2.  Damage of the katana using the versatile property.
Storyteller
 GM, 252 posts
Thu 22 Aug 2019
at 02:51
Combat.
In reply to Huan-Kin-Fei (msg # 8):

Unfortunately Huan failed the attack.
Storyteller
 GM, 253 posts
Thu 22 Aug 2019
at 02:53
Combat.
Phase 2 has started but the riders were surprised by the fast and sudden attack so they do not act in this round.
Storyteller
 GM, 254 posts
Thu 22 Aug 2019
at 02:53
Combat.
Phase 3 has started, now Shido can act.
Shido Mitsunari
 Human Wu Jen Hon, 23 posts
 PP [13] PI [12]
Thu 22 Aug 2019
at 16:35
Combat.
His colorful cloak whipping in the wind, the words of a spell on his lips, the young wizard lifts both hands and begin to wave them in large exaggerated movements. At the end of the rigmarole, he stabs a finger at the bandit leader who had spoken with Yessera. Immediately, a loud metallic gong sounds out, as if the huge bronze bells of several large temples were struck at the same time. The gong reverberates for several seconds before slowly dying away...

OOC:
Movement: None. Remain behind the illusory hole in the bridge.
Action: Toll the Dead at bandit leader. Leader needs to WIS save vs DC 13 or take 1d8 necro damage.