The Streets of Restov (IC)   Posted by DM.Group: 0
DM
 GM, 23 posts
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 19:39
The Streets of Restov (IC)
24th of Calistril - 10 in the morning

The streets of Restov near the Lord Mayor's manor were bustling with activity.  It took Stormfeather no time at all to find a baker's stand and obtain 2 loaves of recently baked bread for 4 cp.  Traveling on toward the West Gate that led to the South Rostland Road, he soon found an area where stables could be seen... and smelled.  Most seemed to have horses for sale or were simply stables for the housing of horses of those visiting the city, but he soon saw a stable, Mare's Delight, that had a number of mules in the pen, eating oats from a trough.
Istvan Medvyed
 player, 21 posts
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 19:58
The Streets of Restov (IC)
Istvan also heads for the Mare's Delight, with the intent to purchase his own donkey and a pack saddle.
Kendra Winters
 player, 21 posts
 Sword Scion Swashbuckler
Sat 11 Aug 2018
at 00:02
The Streets of Restov (IC)
Kendra followed the others. She didn't believe that she needed to purchase anything, "How many rations do you think we'll need for the trip?"
Stormfeather
 player, 12 posts
Sat 11 Aug 2018
at 08:43
The Streets of Restov (IC)
Stormfeather didn't pretend to know anything about horses or mules, since in truth, he didn't know anything about horses or mules.  He just starts patting the different mules on the head, waiting for one to react to him in a friendly, rather than apathetic, manner.  To him, the attitude of the animal was far more important than the quality of the animal.  He didn't want something too wild, nor without a will to live.  Finding a rather ugly runt that seemed friendly enough, assuming that sniffing his pockets for food was friendly, he grabbed the rope, looking at the hooves as if he knew what to look for, he then looked over to the merchant, "I guess pickings are slim these days, there a drought or something?  These things look like they haven't eaten a real meal in days... ain't there no grazing grounds round these parts?", he asks before continuing, "And this poor creature is the worst of the lot, let him go feed somewhere... hell, I feel bad letting the poor thing stay here even.  I'll put 4 gold down for it, I'll take it out the city, feed it up and bring it back all healthy like, and you can give me my 4 gold back, and buy me a drink for my efforts, when I return.  Seem fair?", he asks with the perfect poker face.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:43, Sat 11 Aug 2018.

Chahna Drazzi
 player, 15 posts
Sat 11 Aug 2018
at 09:24
The Streets of Restov (IC)
Outside of the Lord's manor, the small framed woman was joined in by a hawk from the sky, landing on to her shoulder. Chahna stroked one of the wings of the bird with the back of her fingers. She was distracted by her animal for only a moment, but after realizing the group had moved onward without her she hurried after them to catch up.

"U-uhm... Hi." She attempted to butt in while following the rest of the group behind them. "I am Chahna Drazzi, a pleasure to make acquaintance with you. May I ask your names as well? We will be working together after all."

She paused for a moment after Kendra's question, humming before she answered "It sounded like that at slowest it will be close to seven days worth of traveling to get our destination. I would try and pack in case of that."
DM
 GM, 24 posts
Sat 11 Aug 2018
at 13:15
The Streets of Restov (IC)
The proprietor, who had introduced himself as Agnar, seemed happy to chat.  His shop wasn't very busy and now he had customers with coin.  He talked with Istvan about what he needed and after he understood the purpose, he pointed out a donkey, and threw a pack saddle on the counter telling him that it would be 13 gp for the animal and the pack saddle.

Agnar had been keeping an eye on Stormfeather, watching as he inspected the mules.  He walked over and listened intently to the elf's questions and offer.  A broad smile split his face and he laughed heartily.  "Good sir, don't try to out trade a horse trader when you obviously ain't one.  If you need a mule, this molly will serve you well.  She's got a good temperament.  If you are looking to ride her, well, I normally wouldn't recommend it, but you are such a slight thing that I think you could manage.  If so, you'll need a bit and bridle and I would recommend a saddle.  That'll run you 20 gold.  If you are going to use her as a beast of burden, then you'll need a pack saddle and a bit of rope.  I'll throw the rope in for free.  That would be 13 gold.  Just the molly, she's 8, but won't do you much good without the gear you need.  So, what say you?" Agnar asks, in a friendly tone.
Istvan Medvyed
 player, 23 posts
Sat 11 Aug 2018
at 14:35
The Streets of Restov (IC)
Once Agnar has finished his business with the elf, Istvan approaches him again. “I could also use 60 pounds of animal feed,” he said, handing over three silver coins. And you wouldn’t happen to know where I could rustle up a few apples, would you?
Stormfeather
 player, 13 posts
Sat 11 Aug 2018
at 20:35
The Streets of Restov (IC)
Stormfeather hadn't really expected his negotiation attempt would succeed, but then again, he had no idea what anything was supposed to cost, so he had just thrown a number out there, but hearing numbers greater than the amount of money he had made him frown.  "Well, I do need it for ridin' but don't think I need the saddle.  Never used a saddle afore, just a bridle really... Lesee.... I got me. Here...", he counts his remaining coinage, "9 gold and a patch o' silver.  Got somethin' I can ride around on for that?  Don't have te be pretty, just aneedin' to take me places 'sall. ", he asks while scratching his head a bit.
DM
 GM, 25 posts
Sun 12 Aug 2018
at 13:41
The Streets of Restov (IC)
Agnar smiled at the elf, "I'll take pity on you."  He took the 9 gold and 5 silver from Stormfeather.  "You can have the molly, she seems to have taken a liking to you, and this used bit and bridle, and I will wish you well."

The proprietor turned his attention back to Istvan and said, "Yes, sir."  He threw the sacks of feed on the counter and then went over to a bin and pulled five apples out.  "Will those do sir?  If so, another silver for the lot."
Stormfeather
 player, 14 posts
Sun 12 Aug 2018
at 17:32
The Streets of Restov (IC)
Stormfeather was quite pleased, and once he had his mule bridled, hopped up and departed the stables, joining the others who had waited outside to make introductions.  "Sorry for the unresponsiveness of earlier, I figured that road travel was a better time to initiate introductory banter.", he stated in a completely different accent than he'd used with the servant and merchant moments before, now sounding a bit more regal, and a bit less country.

"I am Raumo quesse, though in the common tongue, that rougly translates to StormFeather.  However, I also respond to the far more common, though a rather demeaning derogatory title of 'the Elf'. However it is you wish to address me is acceptable, though I do prefer StormFeather, as it has a nice ring to it.", he says to the group, though he seems to focus his eyes on Chahna more than the others.

Bowing ever so slightly he adds, "A pleasure to make your aquaintance Chahna Drazzi."
Istvan Medvyed
 player, 26 posts
Sun 12 Aug 2018
at 18:05
The Streets of Restov (IC)
Istvan hand's Agnar another silver coin. "Thanks. I'll be sure to come to you if I have any business in Restov in the future." He follows Stormfeather outside to meet with the others. "I'm Istvan, of House Medvyed." Istvan holds himself tall, though with an air of arrogance he feels befits his station. "We should head to this trade post with all due haste. I'd hate for it to already have fallen to the bandits by the time we get there."
Chahna Drazzi
 player, 16 posts
Sun 12 Aug 2018
at 18:37
The Streets of Restov (IC)
"Stormfeather it is, then!" Chahna nods enthusiastically, then she points at the hawk on her shoulder "This is Aisha, a different kind of feathered friend." she chuckled. "I uhh... Meant no ill will referring you by race, Mister. We don’t get many elves up north. My apologies." she bowed her head apologetically at Stormfeather.

"Pleasure, Lord Istvan of Medvyed." She curtsied before the nobleman. "I agree with the young lord Istvan, faster we get on the road, the better!" She nodded in agreement.
Kendra Winters
 player, 22 posts
 Sword Scion Swashbuckler
Mon 13 Aug 2018
at 04:02
The Streets of Restov (IC)
"Kendra Winters." She introduced herself. She took a moment to tighten the laces of her boot. "I'm ready whenever you are."
Stormfeather
 player, 15 posts
Mon 13 Aug 2018
at 09:13
The Streets of Restov (IC)
"Well met, all of you.  I see we have two warriors, but you look less like a warrior, might I ask what you bring to the expedition my Lady?", Stormfeather asks of Chahna before realizing she was going to have to walk, "I way less than a human child, why don't you hop on behind me, and let Molly do the walking for us both?", he continued as he slid his backpack off and pulled it around to be in front of him.
Chahna Drazzi
 player, 17 posts
Mon 13 Aug 2018
at 10:52
The Streets of Restov (IC)
"I have never been this far south before, so... Fresh perspective?" Chana answered to Stormfeather about what she was going to contribute to the expedition. She chuckles and waved away the half silly answer.

"I work... Well, worked for house Lodovka. Keeping books, doing inventory, dealing with frauds and complaints." She patted the rapier by her side to emphasize what she really meant with the latter statement.

She looked at the mule, tilting her head curiously before shrugging and shaking her head in decline." I don't want to burden poor Molly. Nor am I child, Mister Stormfeather." She smiled, thinking that she had deserved the jab about her young appearance from the earlier.
Stormfeather
 player, 16 posts
Mon 13 Aug 2018
at 11:36
The Streets of Restov (IC)
Stormfeather raised an eyebrow at the defensive comment, but shrugged it off.  He had meant, quite literally, what he'd said in that his small frame made him weigh less than a child would weigh, he was undoubtedly the smallest person in this group, by far, at only 5'4" and 80lbs (when wet).  Instead he just replied, "Well, if you change your mind, Molly here is a mule... she can carry about 4 of me with the same ease as she carries one of me.  She won't notice the difference... ", but didn't push the issue at all.
DM
 GM, 27 posts
Mon 13 Aug 2018
at 13:06
The Streets of Restov (IC)
Having completed your business in Restov and all having been ready to travel, you left the city by the west gate and started down the South Rostland Road.

OOC:
To: South Rostland Road
---  24th of Calistria, 11 AM