Oleg's Trading Post (IC)   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Istvan Medvyed
 player, 43 posts
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 21:03
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"I'll be waiting in the stables, ready to charge the fiends once the gate is closed. I doubt the rabble will cause us much trouble." He smiled, confident in his ability to cleanse this land of the bandits that infest it.
DM
 GM, 46 posts
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 14:50
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Svetlana is a gracious host and provides you bowls of a rich beef and vegetable stew and fresh bread along with all of the ale that you seem interested in drinking.  She makes small talk with you to pass the time, asking about any news you have of Restov or the rest of Brevoy.  Oleg seems to warm up to your presence a bit after his initial reticence after he gets over his scare of having to manipulate the gate when the bandits arrive.  They both seem fairly certain that they will come a couple of hours after sunrise.  As the evening sets in and the temperature drops, Oleg lights a warm fire in the pit between the tables.  Svetlana busies herself in making sure the beds in the guest area (A2) are ready for you.  They are open to any other questions that you might have about the bandits or other topics, but not long after dark they seem to be ready to retire and ask you if there is anything else you need before they turn in.
Kendra Winters
 player, 50 posts
 Lady Winters
 Sword Scion Swashbuckler
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 18:48
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Kendra stays with the others to chat while relaxing in the comforts of the trading post. She does turn in after a few drinks.
Istvan Medvyed
 player, 46 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 04:18
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
After eating, Istvaan sees to feeding and watering his horse and pack mule. He turns in relatively early, wanting to be well rested for when the bandits arrive.
Stormfeather
 player, 37 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 12:50
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Stormfeather enjoys the evening by the fire, but as the night sets in, he disappears, preferring to sleep where he could see the stars.  He lugs his gear up to the wall, opting to sleep in the place where he intends to ambush the bandits on the morrow.  Getting comfortable, he looks up at the skies, and runs through the stories in his head of those that now exist in the heavens, reflected in the stars.
Chahna Drazzi
 player, 37 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 18:21
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Chahna apologizes for not really having much southern news, but she does offer insight into current politics of the northern path of Brevoy and her bias towards the House Lodovka. She is also excited to be eating something besides fish and freshwater crabs that are bread and butter of her home region.

After the evening sets in she takes out her journal, starting to chronicle the day's events and observations into the blank pages. Hopefully, it will serve as a starting point for an epic tale to be written and sold for profit, of course.

She ponders how Aisha is adjusting, where ever her companion may be.
DM
 GM, 50 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 12:45
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
1st of Pharast, Early Morning ---

The night is cold and clear as befits the passing of winter.  Spring dawns with a black night full of the stars giving way to the light of the sun as the darkness recedes and the sky takes on a brilliant blue hue.  With the coming of the sun, the smell of bacon cooking begins to permeate the trading post.  Within 15 minutes of dawn, Svetlana has the fire pit stoked and the tables set with milk, water, bacon, bread, and porridge.  As she sees you, she says, "at least I can make sure you are well fed."  She has a warm smile on her face, but it is clear she is nervous.

Based on what the Leveton's have told you, the bandits, if they hold true to their previous visits, will arrive mid morning to collect their tribute.

OOC: Please let me know any additional planning or preparation and where and when you position yourselves.
Stormfeather
 player, 38 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 12:51
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Stormfeather doesn't come down from his position in the morning.  Having slept at the top of the norther side of the eastern wall, he stretches a bit before pulling out the stale bread from the previous day and gnawing on it.  Instead of going down, he rolls over and looks over the edge of the wall while making sure he can not easily be seen, and inspects the horizon for their potential targets.
Kendra Winters
 player, 52 posts
 Lady Winters
 Sword Scion Swashbuckler
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 19:44
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Kendra ate a hearty breakfast. She asked for a second helping before she set her bowl down. "We'd better clean and put away our dishes. The extra dishes will give us away." She moved on and checked the wagon to make sure that it was in the correct place. "Istvan. We're going to need your horse if we hope to move this wagon closer to the southern wall. But give me some space between the wagon and the wall to squeeze through."
Oleg Leveton
 NPC, 3 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 20:42
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"I can take care of moving the wagon, Miss Winter.  No need to hitch your steed to this old thing, Lord Istvan," Oleg said, overhearing the request.  He moved into the stable and came out with his work horse and hitched it to the wagon.  He moved it where you directed.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:43, Tue 18 Sept 2018.

Istvan Medvyed
 player, 47 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 22:44
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"Thank you, Mr. Leveton," Istvan said, as graciously as he could manage. "You should probably lock up or barricade any doors you can in the trade post. Wouldn't want the bandits getting into one of the buildings and shoring themselves up." He was in his armor, and looked every bit the knight. He put his barding on his warhorse and mounted it, then rode up to Kendra. "When I charge out, close the gate. With any luck, the bandits will surrender once they realize they're trapped."
Chahna Drazzi
 player, 39 posts
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 07:53
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
After having breakfast Chahna briefly conversed with Aisha, sending off her avian companion to keep a look out over the trading post. She joined Stormfeather in preparation for the coming battle.

"Well, this is going to be an exciting day, neh?" she asked from Stormfeather with an impish smile on her face.
Stormfeather
 player, 39 posts
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 08:43
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Stormfeather grinned at the girl, "Absolutely, not just exciting, but full of potential...", he replied though didn't look directly at her as he continued to scan the horizon for the coming threat.  He did however use his hands to indicate she needed to stay down, low enough to not be seen should the riders breach the horizon.
DM
 GM, 51 posts
Fri 21 Sep 2018
at 00:35
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
As the Leveton's suggested, a couple of hours after sunrise Stormfeather and Chahna saw a group of riders approach the trading post from the south.  Across the plains, at first it was difficult to make out how many were approached, but it became clear that it was four riders.  Two pack horses seemed to be in tow.

The riders seemed completely unconcerned as they approached the trading post, barely looking around them at their surroundings.  Remaining in a hidden position at the top of the fort wall did not pose a problem.  All four riders entered the open gate.  As they entered, the bandit in the rear called out as he glanced around, "Oleg, Oleg Leveton, get your sorry backside out here.  We've come for your tribute!"  At that, the other men, laughed heartily.  All four dismounted their horses and seemed to be waiting for Oleg to appear from his home.
Stormfeather
 player, 40 posts
Fri 21 Sep 2018
at 07:26
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
As the men laughed heartily, Stormfeather used the laughter to mask the closing of the doors to the keep, his telekinetic abilities causing the doors to close, and the wooden beam to come down gently to lock the door.  He kept his presence hidden upon the wall as he performed this telekinetic feat, as he winked towards Chahna to let her know things were about to get busy...
Chahna Drazzi
 player, 40 posts
Fri 21 Sep 2018
at 20:34
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Chahna took a much more serious expression and nodded at Stormfeather, taking an arrow from the borrowed quiver and readied herself for the violence to come. There was no sight of Aisha, and maybe it was for the best for her companion to stay away from the violence.
Kendra Winters
 player, 53 posts
 Lady Winters
 Sword Scion Swashbuckler
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 00:04
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Kendra wasn't able to see the bandits clearly. Nor was she able to see Istvan. She was counting on hearing his charge before she acted... but it was taking too long. BUT she did manage to see that the gate was moving on its own. The gate moved ever so slowly and began to close. She imagined that Stormfeather must have something to do with it. She had to move as well for the gate wouldn't shut unless both doors were closed.

Kendra moved quietly and began to close her door. It was a good thing that the wagon hindered the others from seeing her.

rolled 22 using 1d20+7.  Stealth
Istvan Medvyed
 player, 49 posts
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 14:18
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
“Surrender or die, bandit scum!” Istvaan shouts as he charges out from the stables, lance leveled at the lead bandit. His lance struck true, hopefully skewering the man beyond repair and convincing the other bandits that they were better off surrendering

Ooc: charge lead bandit, if possible use ride by attack to move far enough away to charge next round.

10:16, Today: Istvan Medvyed rolled 25 using 3d8+12.  Spirited charge damage.
10:15, Today: Istvan Medvyed rolled 20 using 1d20+8.  Lance charge.
13:32, Today: Istvan Medvyed rolled 18 using 1d20+4.  Initiative.
I think that one’s dead.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:35, Sat 22 Sept 2018.

DM
 GM, 55 posts
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 17:33
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Stormfeather's side of the gate swung shut, moved by the power of his mind while Kendra moved from behind her well chosen hiding place and pushed the other side shut.  The bandit at the back that had spoken seemed to become aware of the movement of the gates but his attention was quickly drawn back to the front of the courtyard as Istvan spurred his mount to action.  His horse charged out of the shadows of the stable and as it closed on the bandit in the lead, Istvan's lance plunged into the chest of the man.  The force of the blow threw his body back against his own horse and it crumpled to the ground there.

OOC: The bandits will go on 23 and the lead bandit, Happs, will go on 21.
Kendra Winters
 player, 54 posts
 Lady Winters
 Sword Scion Swashbuckler
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 21:45
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
INIT 17
Chahna Drazzi
 player, 41 posts
Sun 23 Sep 2018
at 06:17
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
OOC: 09:16, Today: Chahna Drazzi rolled 6 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.

Stormfeather
 player, 41 posts
Sun 23 Sep 2018
at 09:48
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Once the door closes, stormfeather would focus on some rocks on the ground around the closest person, causing one of them to rise up into the air, hovering momentarily...

[Init: 7.  Declared Action: Rock to the gut of the closest bandit.]
DM
 GM, 56 posts
Sun 23 Sep 2018
at 16:21
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
The bandits recovered from their initial shock of the assault against them and came to their senses, moving quickly to take action against their attackers.  The two remaining bandits near Istvan drew their short swords and moved up to attack.  One of the bandits swung wide, but the other's blade struck true and Istvan took a minor injury (6 hp).

The assumed leader of the group took his already strung bow and knocked an arrow, looking behind him for those that may have closed the gate.  He spotted the Chahna and Stormfeather in their perches and seemed to take special note of Stormfeather's features and with a wicked smile, drew the arrow and let it fly.  The arrow would have killed many men (10 hp), but Stormfeather survived the shot, if only barely.  "There will be more death today, but it will be yours fools!" the bandit yelled out as he reached for another arrow and moved behind the horses to provide cover against Stormfeather and Chahna.

OOC:

12:02, Today: DM rolled 8 using 1d20+2.  Attack vs. Istvan by bandit.
12:03, Today: DM rolled 18 using 1d20+2.  Attack vs. Istvan by bandit 2.
12:03, Today: DM rolled 6 using 1d6+1.  Damage on Istvan from bandit.

12:10, Today: DM rolled 15 using 1d20+1.  Happs attack vs. Stormfeather with longbow.
12:10, Today: DM rolled 10 using 1d8+4.  Happs longbow damage vs. Stormfeather.

Map to be updated momentarily.

Next actions are Istvan, Kendra, Chahna, Stormfeather.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:23, Sun 23 Sept 2018.

Istvan Medvyed
 player, 52 posts
Sun 23 Sep 2018
at 17:24
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Istvaan curses at he bandit who hit him. "I am a knight of the Order of the Cockatrice," he bellows, "and the dirt here will soon be wet with your blood!" His actions, however, fail to reflect his words, as the bandit dodges his lance.


Swift Action: Challenge the bandit that hit me (+2 damage)
Standard Action: Attack the same bandit

13:23, Today: Istvan Medvyed rolled 8 using 1d20+6.  lance attack.

Stormfeather
 player, 42 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 14:30
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Stormfeather returned the favor in kind, slamming a rock into the head of the assumed leader (Hit: 23) with a force equal to that which he'd received (Damage: 10). He then slid back further onto the wall, taking himself completely out of sight for a retaliatory strike (Stealth: 15).