Oleg's Trading Post (IC)   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Svetlana Leveton
 NPC, 7 posts
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 17:29
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Svetlana seemed to have gotten her crying under control and wiped away the tears from her face, although it was still puffy and red.  Her husband whispered something to her as he entered the house and she hugged him and nodded.  As he continued into their home, she approached you and said, "well, we simply don't know how to thank you.  You don't know the service you have done us.  I tell you this.  If you are staying here, you shall never want for a roof over your heads or a hot meal."  She was tried to be as cheerful as she could.
Oleg Leveton
 NPC, 5 posts
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 17:55
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Oleg returned from his foray into his home, a small pouch in one hand and a small bag in another.  He passed the pouch to Chahna and said, "All that you have taken from the bandits, is yours.  We will manage.  Also, take this." He indicated the pouch.  "And these." He put the bag on the table and you heard the clink of thick glass vials from within.  "They will hopefully be of use to you.  Any of the bandit's goods that you do not wish to keep, I will be happy to purchase from you, at a premium."  He offers a broad smile.

His wife excused herself, and indicated that she was going to start getting some food together.  She seemed to want to get away from the carnage.

Oleg continued once his wife had left, "You have done so much that I hate to ask this, but I would ask for your help with two more things.  First, if you could help me get these bodies out of the courtyard, I would appreciate it.  They are obviously upsetting Svetlana.  The second is more significant.  When the bandits first came, they took my beloved's wedding band.  She has been distraught about it's loss although she hides it well.  It is the only thing I ask for if these bandits have it or if they don't, if you find it in the future.  I would very much appreciate your help."
Istvan Medvyed
 player, 59 posts
 AC 19
 HP 6/12
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 18:45
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"Thank you," Istvan said to the Levetons as they offered the reward, "I'm sure these will come in handy as we explore these lands. We'll bury the bodies outside, assuming we can borrow a shovel, and I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for the ring." After examining the pouches, he begins stripping the bodies of gear and valuables and then tying them together by the ankle. He then ties off his the rope to the horn of his saddle and mounts his horse, intent on dragging them outside.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:23, Thu 04 Oct 2018.

Kendra Winters
 player, 59 posts
 Lady Winters
 Sword Scion Swashbuckler
Thu 4 Oct 2018
at 02:10
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
It seemed that Istvan's overreach was overlooked by the others or they didn't recognize it. Kendra decided to let it go for the time being. She grabbed a shovel from Oleg. "Thanks, I'll take care of this with Istvan." She picked up the pouch of coins on the way out of the fort.
Oleg Leveton
 NPC, 6 posts
Thu 4 Oct 2018
at 16:53
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"You all deserve the thanks and deserve this reward," Oleg said.

He also grabbed a shovel and headed out of the gate to help dig graves for the dead bandits.

Your look inside the pouch revealed an additional 50 gp while the sack contains three vials.  The vials are labeled with a bit of parchment tied to them with twine.  Two light blue potions are labeled "Cure Light Wounds" and the other is labeled "Shield of Faith".

It takes a couple of hours of work to dig graves that are deep enough for the bodies.  Once the gruesome work is done, you find that Svetlana has prepared a lunch of cheese, meat, bread, milk, and beer.  She has also taken the time to spread enough fresh straw in the courtyard that the blood stains are no longer visible and the horses have been hitched to the post in the courtyard.
Stormfeather
 player, 49 posts
 HP: 2 of 12
 AC: 14 / Fo +5 Re +5 Wi 0
Thu 4 Oct 2018
at 17:40
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Stormfeather raised an eyebrow, for being an outpost so far out, and with so little in the way of clientele, and having been hit so hard by bandits that they wouldn't survive another season, these people seemed to have more than their share of gold and potions...  Still, they seemed like good people, so Stormfeather didn't question it, he just stealthily made sure that his share of the bandit's gold remained with Oleg and his wife, slipped into a pocket when they weren't looking.  "I like this horse, his white hair suits me...", he asserted as he mounted one of the horses.  He headed out behind Istvan, careful not to get too close to the bodies being dragged along.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 18:59, Thu 04 Oct 2018.

Chahna Drazzi
 player, 48 posts
Thu 4 Oct 2018
at 18:12
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Chahna gave a grateful smile and nod of her head for the timely intervention of Oleg and Svetlana. Ideas of charity and such were good and all, but they were here to establish a nation. A Grand nation at that. She sighed heavily and shook her head to clear her mind.

She let the others handle the nasty business of burying the corpses. Chahna was not interested in dirtying up her clothes. While others were busy with the bodies she attempted to strike a conversation with Oleg.

"So... How is the trade usually around these parts? Good enough to tolerate banditry?"
Oleg Leveton
 NPC, 7 posts
Thu 4 Oct 2018
at 19:16
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Oleg took a break from his labors to wipe his brow and answer Chahna's question. "Mistress Drazzi, our trade here has been very successful, at least before we started being accosted by those ruffians.  I didn't really come out here to get rich, and I don't guess I ever will truly, but there was a demand for an outpost here that no one really recognized.  There's nothing that would pass for civilization here in the Stolen Lands, but many people still live and work here in the wilderness.  Once we established ourselves, we became a much easier means for the trappers and hunters that work the area to sell their goods and get their supplies.  No more long trips to Nivakta's Crossing or Restov for them.  There's an old hermit, Bokken by name, that brings us those potions to sell.  He lives out to the east somewhere.  But it seems to be enough trade to support the bandits in the area or at least this area is remote enough that they feel safe."

With the bandits buried, Oleg sat down to the prepared meal and begged all of you to join him.  "What do you intend to do now?" he asked.
Istvan Medvyed
 player, 60 posts
 AC 19
 HP 6/12
Thu 4 Oct 2018
at 19:47
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"Stormfeather is right about our course of action," Istvan said, a bit grudgingly. "We need to track those bandits back to their camp and finish them off. I think we'll rest here overnight and set off in the morning. After that, our charter is to explore these lands and deal with any remaining bandit threat."
Stormfeather
 player, 50 posts
 HP: 2 of 12
 AC: 14 / Fo +5 Re +5 Wi 0
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 11:58
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Once the bodies are dumped, Stormfeather returns to the keep as well, and sits to enjoy a bit of a meal, his head still splitting from the uncannily lucky shot of the leader.  He looks to Chahna, "I don't suppose you could do that thing again where you make the headache go away?", he asks quietly as he hands her some fruit from the table.
Chahna Drazzi
 player, 49 posts
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 17:28
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Chahna nodded along Oleg's answer. "I see, I see... I like men like you. Those who not only see opportunity and take advantage of it." She hummed, tapping her chin "Bokken." She made a mental note of the man's name "Potions will be more than useful. Do we have any healers around? I doubt we are going to run into a Church of Abbadar these parts of the world."



During the meal after the burial was done Chahna shook her head at Stormfeather's question "While I can channel Arcane, I am far more limited in both application and amount of magic I can perform. For now, One major trick per day is all I can muster" She sighed and bowed her head apologetically at the elven man. "I could kiss it to make it better?" She chuckled, motioning with her hand that the words were but a jest.
DM
 GM, 67 posts
Mon 8 Oct 2018
at 12:11
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
The Leveton's continued to show themselves to be excellent hosts.  Svetlana bound Stormfeather's wound and also tended to Istvan's as well as any other injury taken during the melee.

Oleg said, "You are all welcome to stay as long as you need or wish.  We will provide you shelter and a safe place to heal."  The man was much more friendly toward your group after your defense of his home.

The day passed without incident, as Oleg and Svetlana busied themselves with various chores around the trading post.
Stormfeather
 player, 51 posts
 HP: 2 of 12
 AC: 14 / Fo +5 Re +5 Wi 0
Mon 8 Oct 2018
at 12:15
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"I prefer to not waste time, if these guys are expected somewhere, we should likely make sure their destination is reached before they have a chance to realize anyone's gone missing.  Shall we track them back to their base?  See what sort of stash they have if they're working alone, or push on with our bandit cleanup if they are heading to a bigger bandit camp...", Stormfeather suggested as he filled his travelling canteen with water for the next phase of the policing.
Chahna Drazzi
 player, 50 posts
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 14:17
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"I think everyone wants this to be done as soon as possible, but right now is not the time. Especially with you and your head, Feathers." Chahna pointed at the direction of Stormfeather's forehead. "I say we rest, stock up on supplies and head out first thing in the morning."
Kendra Winters
 player, 60 posts
 Lady Winters
 Sword Scion Swashbuckler
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 15:28
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"We don't have any idea where these bandits are coming from. I've no skill in tracking. We'll be wandering the wilds of the Greenbelt." Kendra looked out over the horizon. "We do need to explore and map out the region. I would hope that we'll cross paths with the bandits in time."
Stormfeather
 player, 52 posts
 HP: 2 of 12
 AC: 14 / Fo +5 Re +5 Wi 0
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 15:41
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"In my experience,", Stormfeather replied, "if they are part of a larger group, tomorrow you can expect this fort to be attacked in full, walls on fire and all of us strung up on the walls.".  He looked over towards the couple that called this home, "You don't need to be able to track, just give the horses their reins, and let them give you a ride home.  And pray that it's an empty camp...  If it's empty, mission accomplished.  If it's not, better to be out there with the element of surprise, than behind these walls, in my humble opinion.  Regardless, I won't be behind these walls come nightfall, I'll meet you out there somewhere if you intend to stay the night.", he continued, pointing out to a distant treeline.
Kendra Winters
 player, 61 posts
 Lady Winters
 Sword Scion Swashbuckler
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 18:31
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"Your experiences sounds quite checkered if you're sure that a larger bandit group will attack tomorrow." Kendra dryly said as she looked at Stormfeather. "But if what you said is true, then we need to strengthen our position here. We cannot run and leave these good people to the bandits."

"It's up to you if you leave us. Will you return in the morning or leave us to the bandits?"
Kendra hoped that Stormfeather would return, but his experience sounded suspicious from what he had said earlier.
Stormfeather
 player, 53 posts
 HP: 2 of 12
 AC: 14 / Fo +5 Re +5 Wi 0
Thu 11 Oct 2018
at 07:29
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"Without stone masons, and two years of preparation, you can't strengthen your position here.", Stormfeather replied, "The walls are wood, they burn, and even a bandit can make fire.  But by being out there", he says as he points to the treeline, "we can draw them into a treeline, and defend without being burned out.  This is assuming, of course, that there's a larger contingent of bandits on the morrow.  It's not the highest probability, but a strong enough possibility to not sit inside and risk burning... and if they do return, I will do my best to draw them away... though one elf may not seem like enough of a threat to abandon their revenge".
Istvan Medvyed
 player, 61 posts
 AC 19
 HP 6/12
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 03:03
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Istvan shakes his head. It's hard to set a large blaze unless the wood is bone-dry. Wooden forts like this have stood against armies. There are catapults on the towers, and we could pepper them with arrows from cover as they got close. I'd be more worried about an ambush in the wilds than them staging a frontal assault on the trade post. Besides, it's not like this last group gave us too much trouble. Oleg told us that twelve of them, I think it was, came the first time, so it stands to reason that with four dead, there are only eight left. I'd reckon that we can hold these walls against eight without too much trouble. But it would take a damn fool to go seeking out trouble when we're understrength. You or I could be dropped by a single lucky shot, and personally, I'd rather not take that risk."
Stormfeather
 player, 54 posts
 HP: 2 of 12
 AC: 14 / Fo +5 Re +5 Wi 0
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 07:15
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Stormfeather shook his head as he headed out, it was obvious that those catapults were decrepit relics of war, and even if they weren't, they'd only be of use against throngs, such as a contingent of infantry, useless against anything on horseback that could easily just move out of the way, and he'd see forts go up in flames easily enough.  He wasn't going out that way... "See you tomorrow, the gods willing.", he replied with a genial wave as he headed for the treeline on horseback.
Istvan Medvyed
 player, 62 posts
 AC 19
 HP 6/12
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 17:19
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Istvan watched the elf ride out of the fort towards the trees, but did not attempt to stop him. "Poor bastard's like to get his throat slit in the night," he muttered, then turned back to the rest of the group. "We should still set up a watch though. Three four-hour shifts should do it, so all of us can get a full night's rest. I'll take first."
Chahna Drazzi
 player, 51 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 17:27
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
Chahna had her arm reached out towards Stormfeather as if she had wanted him to stay, but words to convey so never managed to come out of her mouth. She sighed heavily, her arm falling down to her side as she thought the man should let have his way if he so desired.

She managed to let out a chuckle and find some humor from this situation when Istvan proposed the sleeping order "The young Lord needs his beauty sleep? I won't argue. I will take the next watch after you then, Sir Medvyed"
Kendra Winters
 player, 62 posts
 Lady Winters
 Sword Scion Swashbuckler
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 17:32
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"So we're going to wait it out here at the trading post for a few days? Do you really think that the bandits will attack like Stormfeather suggested?" Kendra watched Stormfeather ride to the trees. A lonely soul.
Istvan Medvyed
 player, 64 posts
 AC 19
 HP 6/12
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 06:52
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"Just a day, I think, certainly not more than two. Eventually the rest of the bandits will realize that something happened to this lot, and come looking. We'd best deal with them before too long. I doubt they'll be so bold as to attack a defended strongpoint like this, but it's part of our charter to get rid of them."

OOC: Chahna, if you happen to have another spell for today I'd very much appreciate a cure light
Chahna Drazzi
 player, 53 posts
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 11:08
Oleg's Trading Post (IC)
"Not to mention, if they tear this place apart they will lose a stream of dependable revenue... Then again that depends if this Stag Lord is a man who thinks far ahead." Chahna shrugged. She was not a bandit expert so she could not really think with a mindset of a one.

OOC: Sorry, Only one Spell per day for level 1 Bard. I used it to cast Cure Light Wounds at Stormfeather.