(IC) Blasingdell and the Woodlands.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Thorin Diamondgut
 Rogue-Ranger, 53 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 05:44
(IC) Blasingdell
Thorin goes to see what's transpiring upstairs.

As he enters upstairs he'll ask "What's going on here?"

He'll then notice that the one orc is dead "Ah good work."

He'll see the other orc healed by the healer's touch he'll grab his sword. "We have found no one, I encountered the farmer in town. He said they were taken into the forest. What do you know of the orcs in the forest?"
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 7 posts
 HP: 42/42; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 05:55
(IC) Blasingdell
The half orc sighed, relieved for the news the farmer was alright. He looked at the dwarf."stay your blade dwarf. the farmer had me working with him for the past few weeks. i was working in the barn when they jumped me....about 8, maybe more. i fought...that's my way, but too many too quick."

He looked around. "if your going after them, i want to come. i iwe it to the farmer. his wife was kind and fed me well, and his kids were trouble, but lots of fun" he smiled at the thought of the kids. Then hardened. "if they hurt them, i will beat every last one of them sensless. if they killed them, then nothing in faern can stop what i will do to them"
Thorin Diamondgut
 Rogue-Ranger, 54 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 06:10
(IC) Blasingdell
Thorin looked warily at the half breed. "Only good orc is a dead orc." he states.

"I suppose you being a half breed and all if you want to join us and hunt some orcs that would be fine. We'll need to pick up their trail if we are going to get them. This one having stayed behind they must not be to far away." he continues.

He then heads downstairs and goes outside to look tracks outside the house.

01:10, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 22 using 1d20+5.  Tracking.
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 8 posts
 HP: 42/42; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 08:05
(IC) Blasingdell
Gar looked at the dwarf, his knuckles going white where he was grasping the axe. He was half orc, but even though he hated orcs, he wasn't always keen on his human heratge....in fact most races thought little if him because he looked more like his orc parentage than human.if a dwarf (or anyone) threatened him, he wouldn't back down....he was a warrior, first and foremost.

"careful dwarf...."

With him agreeing to accompany to the hunt, Gar snorts. "let me get my armor and gear and I'll be ready." he leaves the house, going to the barn, and retrieved his gear. He stood near tai with a nod and Landor.
Perrin Stryfelaughter
 Sorcerer, 39 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 11:13
(IC) Blasingdell
Trailing in a little late to the conversation, Perrin listened as the others discussed their next move in finding the perpetrators of the attacks against the farms in the area, and it seemed that they were now one more in the pursuit. The halfling was okay with the addition of the half-orc since it meant another body to keep anyone from getting too close to him when weapons were drawn.

"Then I suppose that I'll be the one to say 'Welcome to the team'. My name is Perrin," stated the sorcerer with a smile on his face.
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 9 posts
 HP: 42/42; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 11:50
(IC) Blasingdell
The half orc, now armoured  in a  chain mail shirt with leather and chain breeches and boots, and one shoulder paultron that has an image of a boar skull painted in black. At his hip a kukri and in his hand the greataxe. Despite his bruises, he wore a grim look. He nodded the halfling in acknowledgment. "I have had many names....but you can call me Gar. Gar Irontooth."
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 39 posts
 HP: 24/24 AC: 21
 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 6
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 11:54
(IC) Blasingdell
Landor listened to the conversation and agreed with the group consensus. “Well met Gar Irontooth. I am Landor Halbrek,  servant of Pelor. Revenge is certainly warranted, but do not become something that the children would be afraid of. I don’t know them, but I’m sure they would want you to stay as you are.”He tried to impart some wisdom on the halfbreed. Too many times before has he seen revenge corrupt and change good men.
Tai Chi
 Samurai, 10 posts
 HP: 36/36; AC: 19
 Fort: 6 Ref: 6 Will: 4
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 14:10
(IC) Blasingdell
Tapping his blade, the samurai whistles and stares at the half-orc. He points at him and makes sure he stays between the ranger and the barbarian as if protecting the dwarf. The dwarf of course is his friend. THe half-orc he just met. Upon stopping at times the kenku shakes his head as he faces the dwarf and sighs.
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 10 posts
 HP: 42/42; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 00:34
(IC) Blasingdell
Gar smiles at Landor. "I welcome you pelorite, as well as your wisdom. As much as I would like to drink from the skulls of those who threaten the family, the children think me friend and I do not want my anger to scare them."

He looks at the samurai and smiles. "You have nothing to fear my silent friend...you saved me from death and I owe all here that. If I wanted to punish the dwarf for his words, I would do it in the honourable way and challenge him. I would only raise my axe to him if he done so first."

The half orc chuckled. "As blunt as his words were, they are true....I look more like my fathers race than mothers. I could almost pass for a orc, and because of that his opinion and that of landor's initially are common. Yes, it makes me angry, but I can't change that"
Tai Chi
 Samurai, 10 posts
 HP: 36/36; AC: 19
 Fort: 6 Ref: 6 Will: 4
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 01:09
(IC) Blasingdell
The samurai seems to get more emotional. He points at the dwarf and then the half-orc, then raises his hand up and drops it. He whistles again and then follows the dwarf as the man finds the track leading to the north and into the wilderness, motioning the others to follow. Strange how the kenku makes little sound as he moves.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 01:09, Sat 29 Dec 2018.

Perrin Stryfelaughter
 Sorcerer, 40 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 09:20
(IC) Blasingdell
"While we are walking, you said there were eight orcs, correct? So should we presume that there are now seven left or do we go with the worst possible scenario and that we will be facing a small army of them," inquired Perrin while looking around as they walked.
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 11 posts
 HP: 42/42; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 11:34
(IC) Blasingdell
As gar walks, his axe over his shoulder, he looks at tai. "Damn that bird is quiet!"

He looks at Perrin with a sniff. "I don't know exactly how many there were. I know there were a few attacking and beating me....five, maybe six. I know there were others too. Heard noises, screams." He screws up his face at the thought. "If i wasn't suprised and had my axe, they would have been fine....damn lax since being with them. I guess it was my own fault though. I swore I was done fighting, but it's what I do best."

He couldn't help but smile to himself. "The little girl Chloe asked so many questions...about my scars, how I was so strong. She even caught me practicing behind the barn. She eventually asked me to teach her, that was only a few days ago." His look became distant and more serious. "She had the heart of a warrior, that girl."

He shook himself out of his memories, and looked at Perrin. "There were at least eight, but maybe more. Swords there skewered one, still impressed by the way. So if he's not back soon they will either be on guard, or send scouts back. If they have the women and kids, they'll be moving slow...even if they try to push them."
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 40 posts
 HP: 24/24 AC: 21
 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 6
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 20:49
(IC) Blasingdell
Landor would follow the others into the forest. He asked Gar. “Do you know what defenses they have or how many might be put in a scouting party?”
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 12 posts
 HP: 42/42; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 20:57
(IC) Blasingdell
The half orc shook his head. "I'm not from around here so wouldn't know. I left my tribe when I was very young.....too human for them would you believe so have no memory of it. I grew up in the human world." He snorted at the thought. "Most orcs are wild and ruthless....they want to fight and kill. Not really a mind for organisation."

He looks at them with a wry smile. "I share their hot blood, so my fighting and she upbringing is more barbaric by human standards. The way I see it is they're worse than that"

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:52, Sun 30 Dec 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 99 posts
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 15:58
(IC) Blasingdell
The group converses as they move into the wilderness. The dwarf takes point, changing directions at times and finds blood stains upon the trees and bushes. Something is burning. He stops, motioning the group to keep low. Four orcs have a small camp. One of their backs is towards the group as he kneels down, trying to warm his hands in front of a fire. Two of them are relaxing by the flames eating something as it hangs over the fire. The fourth is patrolling.

OOC
Make a Hide check. I will give you a +2 bonus because they don't know they are being followed and cover.

Thorin Diamondgut
 Rogue-Ranger, 56 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 16:13
(IC) Blasingdell
Thorin freezes in his tracks and lets the others know. Looking about he finds a suitable bush to hide behind he believes and takes up a hiding place while the orc patrolling is still coming this way. Thorin has his short sword in hand prepared to take out the guard as it passes his hiding place.

11:11, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 25 using 1d20+11.  Hide.
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 41 posts
 HP: 24/24 AC: 21
 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 6
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 19:01
(IC) Blasingdell
When the Dwarf held up his hand to stop and crouched down, Landor stepped back 15 feet. He had no delusions that his very shiny full plate armor and metal shield would be good for hiding. At least if he was farther back he wouldn’t be as readily seen. It was time for quiet and taking out the patrolling ork. He had to wait for the pros to finally notice them before running in.

Do I still need to make a hide a check if I’m 15 feet back or at least have a bigger bonus?
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 13 posts
 HP: 42/42; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 00:13
(IC) Blasingdell
Gar, close behind the dwarf, noticed his body language before his signal, and branched off to the left, keeping his huge axe low. He knew that for silence, the axe was ill suitable, but if need be he would use his hands.

...still, he let the dwarf focus on the guard, his focus was on the three at the fire, ready to jump if need be

<Gar Irontooth rolled 19using 1d20-1 ((20))

Woohoo, natural 20!>.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:38, Mon 31 Dec 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 100 posts
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 01:18
(IC) Blasingdell
Everyones hidden very well. Well almost as the cleric moves back and tries to hide, his armor getting the attention of the orc. He growls and moves towards them, throwing his javelin while in Orc telling them to get up! It lands no where near Lan!

OOC
Initiative
Also, since the group wasn't seen they get 1 action.

Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 42 posts
 HP: 24/24 AC: 21
 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 6
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 03:18
(IC) Blasingdell
Landor snaps a large twig as he is backing up. He facepalms himself and quickly casts a spell. He whispers a prayer that causes him and his allies to feel a surge of courage within them and a certainty with the precision of their weapons. “Pelor we ask for your blessing.”

21:12, Today: Landor Halbrek rolled 13 using 1d20+1.  Initiative .
OOC: Cast Bless on all allies. Everyone gets +1 to attack rolls and saves versus fear

Thorin Diamondgut
 Rogue-Ranger, 58 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 07:13
(IC) Blasingdell
Thorin sighs as Landor makes to much noise. Resigned that they'd have a bit less surprise than initially thought he charges from the bushes to the nearest orc stabbing with his short sword.

02:06, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 27 using 1d20+8.  Charge Attack vs Orc during free action.

02:07, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 28 using 1d20+8.  Roll to confirm critical on charge attack.

02:08, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 11 using 2d6+3 with rolls of 2,6.  Short Sword Initial Damage (first die sword, second sneak). +2 more forgot to add in my favored enemy bonus damage so 13....

02:08, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 9 using 1d6+3 with rolls of 6.  Critical Damage. Plus 2 more forgot to add in my enemy damage bonus so 11...

That's 24 points to the orc :), hopefully he doesn't survive the surprise round :)

02:09, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 9 using 1d20+3 with rolls of 6.  Initiative.

Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 14 posts
 HP: 42/42; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 07:52
(IC) Blasingdell
Gar, hearing the snap of the twig and the call of the orc. He grimaced and grasped his axe, roaring as he jumped out of the bushes to the three around the campfire, swinging his axe as he went


<OOC:Gar Irontooth rolled 14 using 1d20+8.  Charge attack - Greataxe. (Suprised round) - I am assuming this is a miss but will put damage in case

Gar Irontooth rolled 8 using 1d12+5 ((3)) - Damage Greataxe

 Gar Irontooth rolled 19 using 1d20+1.  Iniative. (Now why couldn't  that roll have been my attack *sigh*>
 

Perrin Stryfelaughter
 Sorcerer, 41 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 10:56
(IC) Blasingdell
Glancing around at the others in the group as they did their thing, Perrin took one look at the orcs in front of him and set his eyes on one of the other orcs around the campfire that isn't already being targeted by one of his allies. Getting within range, he said a few arcane words while waving his hands before launching an orb of acid at the orc his eyes were focused on.

Action: Cast Acid Splash vs. Orc. (AR: 15 vs. AC) Wasn't sure if the Bless went off first. If so, then it would be 16 vs. AC.
Damage: 2 pts of Acid Damage.

04:41, Today: Perrin Stryfelaughter rolled 19 using 1d20+3. Initiative Roll.
04:54, Today: Perrin Stryfelaughter rolled 15 using 1d20+4.  Ranged Touch Attack vs. AC of Orc.
04:55, Today: Perrin Stryfelaughter rolled 2 using 1d3.  Acid Splash Damage.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 103 posts
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 15:08
(IC) Blasingdell
The kenku moves fast. He leaps into the air drawing his blade and lands behind one of the orcs. The orc turns as he gets the blade down the middle of his head. Blood spits out from him as he falls to the ground.

The orc who saw the cleric looks stunned as the dwarf runs at him and gets him in the belly, twisting and pulling his blade. It looks down at the dwarf and collapsed.

Lan casts his spell upon the group.

One of the orcs by the campfire turns as a greataxe is slammed into his face. He stops moving immediatly.

Perrin fires off a acid bolt into one of the orcs and he's hit but gets up looking aggrivated but he turns towards the halforc and gulps.

The last orc doesn't go for his weapon as the half-orc and kenku killed his friends and the dwarf watches in the distance. He raises his hands as if to surrended.
Thorin Diamondgut
 Rogue-Ranger, 60 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 17:55
(IC) Blasingdell
Thorin cleans the blood off his blade as he walks towards the campfire. "You have one chance to live. Tell us where the family that was taken from over there" pointing in the direction of the farmhouse while speaking orc. "Tell us and you might live." he continues in orc as he strides toward him.


OOC: Language groups don't seem to be set, I'm speaking in Orc. I want to make sure he can understand. 12:54, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 10 using 1d20.  Intimidate Check. Unfortunately I don't have a good Diplomacy or Intimidate.