(IC) The Stone Tooth.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 228 posts
 HP: 33/58; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 00:33
(IC) The Stone Tooth
<OOC: Damn....forgot my bonus HP for raging>

Gar, taking a huge hit from the dragon, roars in fury as he doubles his efforts, swinging the axe in a sweeping arc towards the dragon

<OOC: Attack - Rage round 2

Gar Irontooth rolled 23 using 1d20+14.  attack - greataxe.
Gar Irontooth rolled 21 using 1d12+12.  damage - greataxe.>

UPDATED-Dungeon Master

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:51, Sun 14 June.

Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 287 posts
 HP: 40/58 AC: 21
 Fort: 5 Ref: 2 Will: 8
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 00:34
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Landor takes a five foot step away from the dragon to behind Gar and placed his hand on his companion’s back. “You will not fall to the evil. Even rage can be fueled by righteousness!”The wounds on the Barbarian disappear in brilliant radiance as if they were never there.

19:29, Today: Landor Halbrek rolled 21 using 2d8+12.  Cure mod on Gar.

Five foot step away from dragon and behind Gar
Heal Gar 21 back up to full.

Thoren Stonecutter
 Bard, 29 posts
 HP:37/37; AC:14;
 Fort:3;Ref:6;Wil:5;
Sun 14 Jun 2020
at 15:23
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Seeing Gar taking the blows from the dragon. Thoren lets go of his drum and rushes into the fight. Softly singing as he steps up beside the cleric, hands glowing blue and touches Gar's back.

( Sining a line from: 3 Doors Down, Krytonite)

I'll keep you by my side
With my super human might!



(Casts Bulls St. on Gar)

In a flash of blue light the Bards magic transfers to the Barbarian, his already rippling muscles grow even large, as arcane magic mixes with rage.



(Inspire courage: whole Party / +2 sv fear and charm, +1 hit & Damage. 5 rnds )

This message was last edited by the player at 15:33, Sun 14 June.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 487 posts
Sun 14 Jun 2020
at 22:58
(IC) The Stone Tooth
The samurai swings his katana! The weapon sinks into the dragons flank!

The rogue fires again! The bolt misses its mark!

Landor steps back and conjures up a healing spell upon Gar.

Thoren keeps playing and casts bull's strength on the barbarian!

The dragon roars and goes after the barbarian again with its mighty attacks! One of the claws connect!
-Gar take 6 damage!

The barbarian goes to hit the dragon again! With a grunt it hits hard!

Group is up.

Tai (30)-Made it-
Lyrian (26)-Made it-
Landor (17)-Failed-
Thoren (15)-Made it-
*5 Damage
*+2 save vs fear, +1to hit and damage for the
 entire group!
----------------------------------------------
Creature (14)
*53 Damage total
----------------------------------------------
Gar (09)-Made it-
*Bull's Strength
*6 damage

Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 230 posts
 HP: 33/58; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 11:46
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Gar, barely feeling the healing, pain or enhance to his strength, was completely focused on the dragon.  He shrugged away the hands and again lunged for the beast, but his subconscious mind hadn't caught up to his new strength, and as he swiped, missed the dragon

<OOC: Gar Irontooth rolled 19 using 1d20+14.  attack - greataxe.

I am assuming this missed.  If not, I will roll damage>

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:54, Tue 16 June.

Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 288 posts
 HP: 40/58 AC: 21
 Fort: 5 Ref: 2 Will: 8
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 13:37
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Landor saw Gar standing strong and took the opportunity to heal some of his wounds. The light of Pelor radiating from within.

08:36, Today: Landor Halbrek rolled 15 using 1d8+11.  Cure light wounds on Gar.

3 damage remaining

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:13, Wed 17 June.

Lyrian Swift
 Rogue, 169 posts
 HP: 35/35; AC: 20
 Fort: 3; Ref: 11; Will: 2
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 13:47
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Lyrian dropped her hand crossbow and pulled her rapier as she moved.  Gar was in trouble and she couldn't let him face the dragon alone!  With a defiant squeak of a battle cry, she stabbed her rapier hard at the dragon, hoping that Thoren's song had given her the courage to harm the mighty beast!

OOC: 08:39, Today: Lyrian Swift rolled 18 (19 with inspire courage) using 1d20+10.  Attack with rapier.
08:46, Today: Lyrian Swift rolled 5 using 1d6+2.  Rapier damage. (with inspire courage)
08:47, Today: Lyrian Swift rolled 7 using 3d6.  Sneak attack damage.

Thoren Stonecutter
 Bard, 30 posts
 HP:37/37; AC:14;
 Fort:3;Ref:6;Wil:5;
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 22:21
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Thoren backs up 15 ft and begins to sing.

Dog Dog Dog eat Dog.

Line from Ted Nugent (DOG EAT DOG)
Cast Summon monster 1(celestial dog)

A glowing blue bog rushes forward to attack the dragon, sadly doing nothing but maybe annoy it.



17:15, Today: Thoren Stonecutter rolled 11 using 1d20+3.  to hit dragon.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 489 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 08:31
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Tai slashes the dragon, hitting him.

Lyr moves into melee, tearing into flesh.

Landor uses a spell, heaing Gar once more.

Thoren uses a spell, but it misses and a celestial dog appears.

The dragon tries to rip into the barbarian and his bite and wings connect!
-Gar take 8 damage!

The barbarian goes to hit the dragon again! With a grunt it hits hard!

Group is up.

Tai (30)-Made it-
Lyrian (26)-Made it-
Landor (17)-Failed-
Thoren (15)-Made it-
*5 Damage
*+2 save vs fear, +1to hit and damage for the
 entire group!
----------------------------------------------
Creature (14)
*85 Damage total
----------------------------------------------
Gar (09)-Made it-
*Bull's Strength
*11 damage

Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 232 posts
 HP: 33/58; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 09:24
(IC) The Stone Tooth
the half or, knocked back by the dragon, looked at it with a burning fire in his eyes. With a leap, he swung his huge axe in a downwards chop

<OOC: attacks again in a raging fury

Gar Irontooth rolled 22 using 1d20+14.  Attack - Greataxe.

Gar Irontooth rolled 16 using 1d12+11.  Damage - Greataxe.>
 

Lyrian Swift
 Rogue, 171 posts
 HP: 35/35; AC: 20
 Fort: 3; Ref: 11; Will: 2
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 13:48
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Lyrian tries to get into a good flanking position with Gar around the dragon, hoping against hope she can do her best against its fury!

OOC: 08:46, Today: Lyrian Swift rolled 16 using 1d20+11.  Attack with rapier. If I can get flanking, that'll be an 18 instead.
08:47, Today: Lyrian Swift rolled 14 using 4d6+2.  Rapier sneak attack damage.

Thoren Stonecutter
 Bard, 31 posts
 HP:37/37; AC:14;
 Fort:3;Ref:6;Wil:5;
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 20:50
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Thoren sends the dog in to attack again and again the dog is ineffective.

15:49, Today: Thoren Stonecutter rolled 7 using 1d20+3.  to hit dragon.
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 289 posts
 HP: 40/58 AC: 21
 Fort: 5 Ref: 2 Will: 8
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 23:33
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Landor stepped up and smacked the dragon in the leg with his mace.

18:30, Today: Landor Halbrek rolled 9 using 1d8+4.  Mace damage .
18:30, Today: Landor Halbrek rolled 22 using 1d20+7.  Mace attack dragon .

Move: move up to dragon
Standard action: attack AC 22 for 9 damage

Dungeon Master
 GM, 490 posts
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 00:01
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Once more the samurai goes to strike into the dragon's flank! And connects!

The rogue tries to hit the beast but misses!

Landor steps up and swings his mace, connecting.

Thoren's dog misses!

The dragon tries to fly into the air and then land into the water for protection!
-Gar take 8 damage!

*DRAGON FLYING AWAY*
The barbarian rips into the dragon as its flying away!
The cleric rips into the beast as well!
The rogue swiftly hits her mark!
And the dog hits as well!

The sudden attacks from everyone working together drops the dragon! It slams down into the water with a splash and sink, the dragon letting out a roar then it fades as the water envopes the beast!

Across the river a small island is visible.
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 233 posts
 HP: 33/58; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 00:25
(IC) The Stone Tooth
The barbarian roars in triumph at the fall of the dragon, his screams echoing through the cave.  He looks, wild eyed towards the water and the dragon, hoping that it will come out.

With the silence, his breathing slowed, his tenseness began to relax and even droop, as the warrior looked tired, suddenly feeling his pain and weariness of the battle.

Without turning, he spoke, and even his words sounded weary. "We should try check that island...dragons often carry riches and something may help us on our mission ahead."

The head of his axe dropped to the ground, him still holding the handle.

He turned with a slight smile. "Thank you for your healing and strength friends....without it i may have fallen."
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 290 posts
 HP: 40/58 AC: 21
 Fort: 5 Ref: 2 Will: 8
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 00:48
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Landor slaps him on the back and laughs. “Key word there...may haha. Yes we should definitely get over to the island. We have lost many friends during our travels. They would smile to see that it wasn’t in vain.”
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 236 posts
 HP: 33/58; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 03:30
(IC) The Stone Tooth
The half orc winces at the slap from the cleric, and smiles at him. "Why don't you use that keen mind of yours to figure out how to get there. I think i'll.....rest a bit"

He slumped his shoulders and relaxed looking into the lake, his axe now on the ground at his feet
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 291 posts
 HP: 40/58 AC: 21
 Fort: 5 Ref: 2 Will: 8
Fri 19 Jun 2020
at 02:58
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Landor looked at Gar confused. “We swim there unless you know how to fly.”
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 237 posts
 HP: 33/58; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Fri 19 Jun 2020
at 09:24
(IC) The Stone Tooth
The exhausted half orc chuckles. "Does it look like i have wings Priest?"

He looked at the island in the distance. "Even swimming thetre will be hard with weapons and armor...it's a long way." He looked around. "Is there anything here we can use for a small raft, even just for our gear."

He looks at The dwarf. "You have any magic that can carry the gear while we swim over?"
Thoren Stonecutter
 Bard, 32 posts
 HP:37/37; AC:14;
 Fort:3;Ref:6;Wil:5;
Sat 20 Jun 2020
at 04:30
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Thoren grins at the party and starts to strip down, I have one spell that will help us move something across the water, I was hoping to use it to bring stuff back from the island, So who's swimming over with me and who's staying here to watch our stuff. At least with a dragon having taken up residence here he's probably already eaten anything big enough to be a problem.

The dwarf leaves everything but his cloths and spell components, and moves to the waters edge. walking until he's at the closest point to the island, and waits to see who will join him.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 492 posts
Sat 20 Jun 2020
at 04:58
(IC) The Stone Tooth
The group is able to get over to the island easily enough. Some remains, some go. They do find on the small island the horde of the dragon.

6200 Silver
1430 Gold
20 Garnets (x2)
50 Black Pearl
1 Wand of Magic Missile (3rd Level, 32 Charges)
1 +2 Dwarven Waraxe with Dugeddin's mark on it
1 +1 Large Shield
1 Potion of Cure Light Wounds
1 Potion of Levitation

I just skipped ahead so the group gets there, takes the treasure as well and if you want can spend the night. Think the group needs it.

So who is carrying what? I think the group can give out the money easily so:
1240 Silver for each person
286 Gold for each person
Thinking the rogue can have the garnets/black pearl?
Thinking the wand of magic missle can go to the bard or rogue?
The large steel shield could possibly go to the cleric
The dwarven waraxe? Not sure.
And the potions not sure. Up to the group.

Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 238 posts
 HP: 33/58; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Sat 20 Jun 2020
at 07:09
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Gar, still tired, stripped off his armor and layer his axe on the ground with his gear. He swam with the dwarf over to the island and helped him retrieve the items.

Some time later when the two returned, Gar stepped out of the water with the dragons hoard.

Sitting down he smiled. "Some nice things over there... he said. He had hoped a nice two handed weapon was over there, but the closest item was a dwarven waraxe, well made but a little smaller than his axe. With some training he could use it with another weapon but it may be useful for someone else.

There was gold and gems which could help with purchasing an item...if they ever came to a place to buy something.

The half orc looked at the group. "There is a small stick thing here...There said a wand or something. The shield will suit you Landor. We all have some coin. There is an axe and some potions too. Let's pack things up and move. I'll hold the axe unless you want to use it Thoren"
 

Thoren Stonecutter
 Bard, 33 posts
 HP:37/37; AC:14;
 Fort:3;Ref:6;Wil:5;
Sun 21 Jun 2020
at 20:22
(IC) The Stone Tooth
After they have all the loot on the main land, Thoren turns to the !/2 Orc. By all means the ax is yours, I'll hold onto the wand, all though it is not with in my schools of magic I can use it. That is if it is alright with the rest of you.
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 292 posts
 HP: 40/58 AC: 21
 Fort: 5 Ref: 2 Will: 8
Mon 22 Jun 2020
at 11:29
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Landor waited while the horde was brought to shore he looked at the shield and claimed it. “I agree with your assessment Gar. The potions should go to Lyrian or our bard friend here. How about we eat dinner and rest for the night? We can head back to town in the morning unless you want to do something about the Duergar?”
Lyrian Swift
 Rogue, 172 posts
 HP: 35/35; AC: 20
 Fort: 3; Ref: 11; Will: 2
Wed 24 Jun 2020
at 03:05
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Lyrian smiles at the hard-earned bounty.  "That's a tidy little amount, and no two ways about it."  She fingers the gems, slowly running the pearl and garnets over her fingers.  "These might be a good way to pay someone without needing a sack of coin, should we need to do so.  And for fair I'd make good use of those potions!  Being able to float up or down would be dead useful if the wall was too slick to climb.  I should..."  She touches her pack where their dead gnome friend's spellbook resides.  "I should really learn how to use a few different weapons.  Or tools, as it may.  I think... I would like to learn how to use magic someday.  That might be even better than what I was thinking about doing with myself when I came into the place.  We've come across so many dangers...  I think it might be wise to learn other ways of dealing with them.."

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:31, Wed 24 June.