(IC) The Witchwood.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 403 posts
 HP: 51/64 AC: 27
 Fort: 9 Ref: 3 Will: 9
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 02:10
(IC) The Witchwood
Landor looks around. “Well that was unexpected all around. Gar, come over here so I can look at your wounds while the others look for Tai.”

OOC: How much damage do you have?
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian-Ranger, 336 posts
 HP: 58/58; AC: 16
 Fort: 9; Ref: 6; Wil: 3
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 06:55
(IC) The Witchwood
The half orc staggered over with a smile. "I've had worse, believe me priest." Though he boasted, he was hurt for the few hits the hydra got in. "That thing packed a punch, but man i haven't had a fight like that in a while."




OOC: Gar dropped about 38 HP

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:56, Fri 06 Aug.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 759 posts
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 13:06
(IC) The Witchwood
With how far the samurai could have gotten and with the tiny legs of the ferret jumping around here and there as it tries to look for Tai-its pretty unsuccessful. Specially with Tai being a very good at hiding. He could be dead.

Lyr looks at the hydra and it breathes! It then goes silent. Perhaps a reflex? Something seems to be under one of its heads but its hard to make out. Something shiney. Its basically a swampland.

Bodies are strewn apart here and there. Perhaps later meals for the beast. Some are old, others looking somewhat fresher but not much.
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 404 posts
 HP: 51/64 AC: 27
 Fort: 9 Ref: 3 Will: 9
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 14:32
(IC) The Witchwood
Landor puts a hand on Gar’s shoulder which glowed with holy warmth healing some of his wounds before he takes out his wand of healing and closes up the rest of the wounds. “From what I understand of Hydras, we should probably burn the body before it wakes up. Has Tai been located yet?”

09:28, Today: Landor Halbrek rolled 7 using 1d8+1.  Cure wand charge 4.
09:21, Today: Landor Halbrek rolled 2 using 1d8+1.  Cure wand charge 3.
09:21, Today: Landor Halbrek rolled 7 using 1d8+1.  Cure wand charge 2.
09:21, Today: Landor Halbrek rolled 9 using 1d8+1.  Cure wand charge 1.

Touch of Healing to heal Gar 18 damage then 3 charges to heal the remaining 20 damage. 1 charge spent to heal Landor 7 to full.

Roywin Viasaquilla
 Illusion-MSpecialist, 126 posts
 42/42; AC 14; F:6 R:5 W:9
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 20:45
(IC) The Witchwood-Blackwater Causeway
Roywin stops shouting looking for Tai and turns to the rest. "No worries. Once dead I should remain dead. And I think Gar took care of that."

She looks worried. "I'm worried for the little kid." the old wizard refers to TaiChi. "Let's make sure the beast is dead and then look for him around. He shouldn't be far."

I think Gar spent some time once the hydra was dead chopping its corpse, so it should be more than dead.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:46, Fri 06 Aug.

Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian-Ranger, 337 posts
 HP: 58/58; AC: 16
 Fort: 9; Ref: 6; Wil: 3
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 01:12
(IC) The Witchwood-Blackwater Causeway
Gar nodded at the healing magic, then looked at the hydra. He began searching the heads for a suitable tooth as a trophy and ripped it from its jaw.




OOCm gar will search for treasure, his friend and a suitable trophy
Dungeon Master
 GM, 762 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 01:21
(IC) The Witchwood-Blackwater Causeway
Gar finds several teeth, easily able to pull them out with his strength and spots underneath what looks like a interesting breastplate. He pulls it up and realize its attached to a skeleton that starts to crumble. The armor remains as bits of skeleton stay attached to it unless its removed. A mithral breastplate.
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian-Ranger, 338 posts
 HP: 58/58; AC: 16
 Fort: 9; Ref: 6; Wil: 3
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 01:31
(IC) The Witchwood-Blackwater Causeway
Gar finds a head and pulls two teeth from it with a smile. It’s then he sees the gleam of metal and looks,  lifting the breastplate with a smile,

“It seems one of its previous victims had some interesting armor.” He held the breastplate up.
Tai Chi
 Samurai, 29 posts
 HP: 72/37, AC: 21
 Fort: 8 Ref: 10 Will: 6
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 02:03
(IC) The Witchwood-Blackwater Causeway
A sadness fills the samurais soul as Tai makes his way towards the dead hydra. He's covered in grim and has his sword drawn. He doesn't look at Landor or Gar, his legs shaking. The upper body is covered in his own blood. Tai gets to the wizard then turns on Gar and Landor. His eyes narrow, gripping his sword tightly. Tension builds up, and he turns his back upon them. No whistle. Nothing. Slowly he sheathes his blade. Its odd. Most of the times, Tai tries to communicate. He attempts to tell them something but now? Nothing.
Roywin Viasaquilla
 Illusion-MSpecialist, 127 posts
 42/42; AC 14; F:6 R:5 W:9
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 13:48
(IC) The Witchwood
Roywin sees the fighter boy and silently moves next to him. She then slowly holds his hand, trying to confort him.

She says nothing and just waits.
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 405 posts
 HP: 51/64 AC: 27
 Fort: 9 Ref: 3 Will: 9
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 18:44
(IC) The Witchwood
Landor sees Tai and the tension towards him and Gar. He sighs. “If you want to leave, I understand. I would offer to heal your wounds for your journey if you so wish it. I tried to convince everyone to retreat and regroup for a more thought out strike. It seemed it was neither needed or wanted.”

Landor looks up at the road ahead and sighs once more. He knew what he needed to do to rouse more people to recognize that evil should be exterminated than he allowed to continuously fester every time it is stopped by the few willing to put their lives on the line. The apathy of the world it’s own sickness that knew no cure. He had seen it in the people of the village and the hunter in the woods. Every man for himself. Perhaps if there was an evil strong enough to challenge the world it would finally do something about it…

Maybe his plan would work, or maybe he would just be tortured to death. Only one way to find out. He walked away from the group across the bridge toward the keep. “Don’t follow me. If you see me again, know that what I did was what I felt I needed to do to wake up the world. To make them get off their backsides and do something instead of turning a blind eye and say it’s not their problem.”

OOC: Will fully heal Tai before he leaves if allowed.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 765 posts
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 19:05
(IC) The Witchwood
The samurai turns as the cleric approaches. He grips his sword, backing away from Landor as if petrified. Soon, the cleric turns and leaves, heading back the way they came after he starts to walk towards the keep. Tai slumps down, but doesn't say a word. Everyone seems defeated despite the hydra getting destroyed. Soon, Landor is gone back to the village. Silence. Tai stares at the ground.
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian-Ranger, 339 posts
 HP: 58/58; AC: 16
 Fort: 9; Ref: 6; Wil: 3
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 23:05
(IC) The Witchwood
Gar frowned at tai and his behaviour. “What….you would let a beast like this roam the world and kill innocents? Landor may be sorry, but I am not. I was not fully in control, but had I been, I still would have done what I done. This beast is a killer, and having it gone will save lives.”

The hal-orc snorted, holding his gaze.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:11, Sun 08 Aug.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 766 posts
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 23:18
(IC) The Witchwood
The samurai walks some distance away. He stares out into the woodlands, and its hard to tell if he heard what Gar said or if he even cared. Somethings really bothering him. He looks over at Gar before going back to the wizard. In some strange tone from someone he heard-he speaks quietly and expect for Gar to blow up at him, not understanding his ways. And copying Gar."Killing innocent. No honor. Regain it." Its hard to tell who is ment by it. Lyrian doesn't make a appearance, but is probably out there nearbye probably scouting.

Wounded, hungry and thirsty-Tai glances at Roy. Gar seems to rather upset with the bird. They were once friends but now its hard. Their fighting styles are so different. Tai is controlled, Gar is a warrior bent on ripping the enemies apart. Two different views. He takes a deep breath and Gar seems to be heading away from the keep and it seems back to the village.

Tai sighs and follows after him. Losing Lan seems to be a big blow but the Kenku won't admit it. He doesn't like the actions but they did defeat it, without his aid. He did was he was told-to run. A whistle comes from the man towards Roy....

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:08, Wed 11 Aug.

Lyrian Swift
 Rogue-WIzard, 234 posts
 HP: 40/32; AC: 20
 Fort: 3; Ref: 11; Will: 2
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 09:01
(IC) The Witchwood
Lyrian comes back from her brief scouting of the area, holding a wet ferret who has a doleful look of chagrin on her whiskers.  When she hears the sad statements of Landor and Gar and Tai's own communication, she reached out to give Landor and Gar a brief hug (or handclasp, if they preferred) and a bow to Tai.

"You have all been true friends, and the village could ask for no better guardians.  I will feel safer knowing that you are there amongst them," she says.  Lyrian squints back towards the keep, then looks back towards the village, before turning back to Roywin.  "Roywin, I think perhaps we better see if there any others who would be willing to aid us before we assault the keep, however we end up dealing with it.  I don't mind scouting it on my own, but I would feel better having more backup."
Roywin Viasaquilla
 Illusion-MSpecialist, 129 posts
 42/42; AC 14; F:6 R:5 W:9
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 18:43
(IC) The Witchwood
Roywin looks at Tai and his numerous wounds. Then looks at Lyr. "I think both Lan and Gar need some time to recover from all this travelling. I've lived enough to see how people leave this life and come back after some time. Better leave them some air..."

She sighs. "Anyway I think we are too wounded and too few to continue by ourselves. Tai, let's find someone who can treat your wounds and where we can recover or spells. Maybe we can even find someone else crazy enough to come with us." she gives the remaining group a warm smile.
Tai Chi
 Samurai, 30 posts
 HP: 72/21, AC: 21
 Fort: 8 Ref: 10 Will: 6
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 18:48
(IC) The Witchwood
"Betrayed. No honor. No honor." Tai just seem to be in a slump. He tries to understand them and its good the beast is dead. But it could have gone a different way. He lowers his head for a moment and then starts to head back "Guardians don't leave." He does his best to make the words out and is getting better but is still copying Lyrian and Roy. They talk, he listens. Repeat.
Lyrian Swift
 Rogue-WIzard, 236 posts
 HP: 40/32; AC: 20
 Fort: 3; Ref: 11; Will: 2
Thu 26 Aug 2021
at 07:14
(IC) The Witchwood
Lyrian shakes her head, reaching out to Tai Chi.  "I do still want to help, Tai.  I just want to help smartly.  Once Gar and Landor are protecting the village, I think I won't worry so much that something will happen when we're off trying to find the hobgoblins.  There must be others who are willing to help; it's just a matter of finding them.  Let us try, Tai," she says earnestly.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 779 posts
Sun 29 Aug 2021
at 13:00
(IC) The Witchwood
The samurai doesn't say a word. He seems to be at a loss, traveling with others that don't understand his logic. Losing the cleric and ranger seems to bother him greatly despite them not have much honor. In his eyes at least. They find a small place to hide, the half-orc leaving the mitheral breastplate that no one has checked out behind in case it can be used. Tai goes silent, sitting by a fire with his eyes closed and sitting crosslegged and blades upon his lap. Night has fallen as two people head towards them, one of them leading a horse through the woodlands.

OOC
In comes the favored soul and barbarian

Redoran Sethris
 Favored Soul, 1 post
Sun 29 Aug 2021
at 13:52
(IC) The Witchwood
As you see Redoran, the one leading the horse, you see him turn to the dwarf walking next to him.  "You were right!" He says in a friendly manner, patting the dwarf on the back, "Not hobgoblins.  Hopefully these are the ones we're looking for."  The scales on Redoran's skin glint in a slightly darker silver then the mithril breastplate he wears, as the light of the fire reflects off it.

He puts on a friendly smile as he calls out to the individuals, waving his hand, "Well met fellow travelers!  It's a pleasure to meet you.  The mayor of Drellen's Ferrey said there might be some individuals looking for a little aid in these dark times.  My name's Redoran, and this stalwart fellow," he gestures towards the dwarf, "Is Kharath.  The one with a long face behind me," he nods in the direction of his horse, "Is Iron Foot.  How do you all fair?" he asks in a friendly manner.
Kharath Huur
 Barbarian, 1 post
 Dwarven headcase
Sun 29 Aug 2021
at 14:21
(IC) The Witchwood
Kharath is muscled like some kind of wild beast albeit a very small wild beast such as a wolverine or a honey badger.  His beard flows wild and black and beautifully shined as if he had taken a great deal of care of it whereas his head is shaved almost completely bald.  He wears grey hide armour of some kind with a hood in the form of a visor equipped with a horn.

He walks beside Redoran and waves casually. "Yo strangers like Iron Foot's rider said , I'm Kharath.  I don't have a beast because my last one didn't much enjoy being ridden so I let him go."

Edited to change Redoran to Iron Foot

This message was last edited by the player at 14:23, Sun 29 Aug.

Lyrian Swift
 Rogue-WIzard, 237 posts
 HP: 40/32; AC: 20
 Fort: 3; Ref: 11; Will: 2
Mon 30 Aug 2021
at 07:30
(IC) The Witchwood
Lyrian stood up as the newcomers approached them, and tentatively smiled at them.  "I'm glad the mayor was good enough to send other folks out who are ready to deal with the hobgoblins!  We had two companions recently go back to help the village itself, so we would certainly welcome honest help.  I am Lyrian, and this is Tai Chi, and that is Roywin," she said politely, trying not to goggle at Redoran.  She had seen dwarves before, but not something like him!  It was pretty unlikely that the mayor was double-dealing or trying to be rid of them, and it would certainly have been odd to find two such distinctive folks just to ward off some adventurers.  If they were exactly what they seemed to be, they would be formidable help!
Tai Chi
 Samurai, 31 posts
 HP: 72/21, AC: 21
 Fort: 8 Ref: 10 Will: 6
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 12:43
(IC) The Witchwood
A whistle comes from Tai and his eyes dart to the two new people. He doesn't greet them, just watches them as his sword slides out slightly. Of course with all that has been dealt with-everyone is probably edgy. And definatly that of the samurai. Do they have honor? It remains unknown. A simple nod from the feathery crow.
Kharath Huur
 Barbarian, 2 posts
 Dwarven headcase
Tue 7 Sep 2021
at 15:15
(IC) The Witchwood
Kharath looks from Roywin to Lyrian to Tai Chi and then to Redoran.  "Comrade Redoran," he says.  "Some of these folks seem to be injured.  Perhaps Lord Iron Foot would wish for you to heal them?"
Redoran Sethris
 Favored Soul, 3 posts
Tue 7 Sep 2021
at 18:03
(IC) The Witchwood
Redoran smiled at those gathered at the little camp, "Yes, if course! If any of you are hurt, and you allow it, I'll have you back on your feet in no time at all. Bahamut and I are on pretty good terms and he's pretty good about working his magic through me. In the mean time, care to tell us what you know about these hobgoblins? The mayor gave us a little information, but hearing it from you on the front lines, so to speak, might give us a better idea about what we're up against."

Not wanting to just force himself and his magic on others without their say so, Redoran laid his spear against a tree and waited with hands open in a welcoming gesture.