Merchant Thread.   Posted by Westen.Group: 0
Arrunzu Namarrul
 player, 25 posts
 AC 17, HP 9/9
 PP 20, PIv 11, PIn 13
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 23:53
Merchant Thread
> From Group J

Arrunzu enters the merchant store. He gives the merchant a polite bow, before speaking.

"Hello. I am looking for darts. Do you have any of those for sale?"
Kanra Sunil
 player, 26 posts
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 13:46
Merchant Thread
(From Group J)

Kanra walks up to the merchant's open air stall and takes a dramatic peak at the items for sale. After a Moment he looks at the merchant and smiles beneath his mask, "Hello sir. Do you know the location of a good blacksmith? Oh! And I would also like one Healers Kit if you don't mind." He laid 5 Gold on the wooden surface of the stall.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 13:46, Thu 27 Sept 2018.

Anderial
 player, 51 posts
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 17:44
Merchant Thread
>From Group J
Anderial will wait for his comrades to ask for their requests and he will than ask
"Hello good sir do you have any two person tents?"
Westen
 GM, 1966 posts
 Local Administrator
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 18:55
Merchant Thread
In reply to Arrunzu Namarrul (msg # 128):

Looking at Arrunzu, he nods. How many do you need?

He hands Kanra the healers kit without missing a beat. "Sorry sir, our town blacksmith is out of commission for the moment. If you want to buy weapons or armor, I can facilitate that."

He quickly turns to Anderial next. "That'll be 2 GP for a tent."
Arrunzu Namarrul
 player, 26 posts
 AC 17, HP 9/9
 PP 20, PIv 11, PIn 13
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 19:08
Merchant Thread
"Twenty if possible," Arrunzu answers. "I would rather have too many than too few. Also, do you have any rations for sale? I would like to purchase four days' worth, unless there is still something left to forage in the areas outside of town."
Westen
 GM, 1975 posts
 Local Administrator
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 20:02
Merchant Thread
In reply to Arrunzu Namarrul (msg # 132):

He nods. "That'll be 1 GP for the darts, and 2 for the rations. 3 total."
Arrunzu Namarrul
 player, 27 posts
 AC 17, HP 9/9
 PP 20, PIv 11, PIn 13
Fri 28 Sep 2018
at 00:10
Merchant Thread
Arrunzu nods. He withdraws three gold pieces from a belt pouch and hands them over to the merchant in exchange for the supplies.

"Thank you," he says, and returns to meet the rest of the group.

> Tavern in Group J thread
Kanra Sunil
 player, 27 posts
Fri 28 Sep 2018
at 07:35
Merchant Thread
Kanra just sighed disappointedly at the news of the blacksmith, "Thank you for your time. I'll see you again when I have more to spend…" he said as he walked away from the merchant with a wave to Anderial. He took his time on his way back, he walked through town checking a couple things out before heading back to the bar. He was confused as to why the other two had acted as if they'd never seen him.

To (Group J)

This message was last edited by the player at 07:35, Fri 28 Sept 2018.

Geis'ka Herzish
 player, 17 posts
 AC: 12 HP: 8 / 8 SP:2
 Tiefling Sorcerer
Sat 29 Sep 2018
at 01:48
Merchant Thread
---->FROM GROUP J


Geis'ka walked in just as Anderial was about to pay for the tent.  "Wait!  I'll help pay for that tent!"  She excitedly ran up and slapped a gold piece on the counter--or rather tried.  She fumbled it a bit causing the gold piece to bounce off the counter and then like a guided missile, it went right into her cleavage.  It was mostly covered by her top, with little exposure of it as she wasn't trying to catch physical attention that way.  While not as expansive as some women out there, the thin tiefling had enough to catch the gold piece there.

Blinking in surprise she then sheepishly she grinned to both of them.  "Uh... I meant to do that."  Turning around she reached a hand into her top and fished the gold out.  Her face a bit of a darker gray than normal in the cheeks as she blushed, she then handed it over to the merchant.  "I will be sharing the tent so why not share the cost?"  She giggled a bit trying to will away her own blushing and change the subject.


Geis'ka flinched a bit as something else came to her mind.  Regarding the merchant she waited until he had a moment to spare and then cleared her throat.  "Good sir, I need a set of traveler's clothing, as my outfit is probably going to leave me feeling cold out there if I am not careful.  How much would that be?"


Paying half of the cost so 1 gold towards the tent!

Just for fun:
21:35, Today: Geis'ka Herzish rolled 17 using 1d20-1.  Acrobatics and/or dex check for the flavor of an accidental trick with the gold piece--if allowed.  I can edit if the DM says otherwise.

21:22, Today: Geis'ka Herzish rolled 15 using 1d20.  perception roll.  Geis'ka tried but failed to see her sneaking gnome friend Nyxi as she went off to the library.  LOL


Westen
 GM, 1988 posts
 Local Administrator
Sat 29 Sep 2018
at 13:41
Merchant Thread
In reply to Geis'ka Herzish (msg # 136):

the merchant, slightly thrown by recent events, stammers. "Yes, um, 5 SP for the clothing."
Geis'ka Herzish
 player, 18 posts
 AC: 12 HP: 8 / 8 SP:2
 Tiefling Sorcerer
Sat 29 Sep 2018
at 23:39
Merchant Thread
Geis'ka paid the silver for her new set of clothing.  She selected a rather contrasting outfit from the one she was wearing.  Contrasted by the fact it left little skin exposed unlike her current getup.

"Meet you back outside the tavern!"  The tiefling woman beamed to Anderial and Kanra before taking the garments she went off... to find somewhere to change into them before going to meet up with the others again...


----->TO GROUP J
Nyxi Nackle
 player, 22 posts
 AC 15 HP 9/9
 Passive Per 11 Inv 16
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 21:32
Merchant Thread
-----> From Library

Nyxi should have gone into the Merchant's Stand right after Geis'ka.  The Gnome was behind the Tiefling last she checked.  And when the Tiefling left the stand, the Gnome was not waiting around.  Nyxi did say she had business in the Library.  Geis'ka would know that research in the library isn't done instantaneously.  Though she can't really see why Nyxi would need to do research in the library.  If copying a map is what she wants to do, that has already been done.  Nyxi must be being thorough.  This is a Gnome whose tendency is to use her lock picks to lock a door, and then unlock it before entering.

Nyxi comes around the corner quietly.  Her timing is like she waited for Geis'ka to have gone back to the tavern before Nyxi reappeared from the library.  She's trying very hard to avoid the Tiefling.  It's unfortunate that the Tiefling was the first person to show any friendliness toward the Gnome.  It is a difficult thing to be friendless in a new town.  If Nyxi could choose any friend she would choose anyone other than a Tiefling.  But a Tiefling is what she got, and the Gnome isn't too rude to refuse the offer of friendship.

She opens up her money pouch to pull out one gold piece.  She knows what she needs and knows that it all can't cost more than one gold piece.  But when looking down at herself she becomes thoughtful.  Her shoes are worn from the long journey here.  Her cloak is looking threadbare.  Her blouse and leggings are not the highest thread-count.  It's all fine if you're going to stay inside a comfortable town, but not if you're going to be outside in the elements.  People have already stated the need for tents.  It must get pretty cold at night.  Before she came here, she left town in quite a hurry.  She didn't have time to clothe herself well for the road.  Now she does have the time.  So she reaches back inside her pouch to pull out two more gold pieces.

She walks up to the counter, reaches up, and slaps the three gold pieces down on the counter.  She then tells the merchant, "I have a bit of a list of needs so take notes.  First off I need new clothes, good for a long journey on the road.  So sturdy boots, a heavy cloak, wool breeches, a coat.  Small so they fit me.  I also need a Sling.  And for that I need some Sling Bullets, and a pouch to hold them all in.  How much?"

She thinks while the merchant responds.  There is something she forgot to mention.  She then reaches inside her pouch and pulls out another three gold pieces.  She adds those to the ones already on the counter.  By showing her money up front she's being a bad haggler.  "And I need five days of travel rations.", she adds to her list.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:56, Tue 02 Oct 2018.

Anderial
 player, 52 posts
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 16:38
Re: Merchant Thread
Westen:
In reply to Arrunzu Namarrul (msg # 128):

Looking at Arrunzu, he nods. How many do you need?

He hands Kanra the healers kit without missing a beat. "Sorry sir, our town blacksmith is out of commission for the moment. If you want to buy weapons or armor, I can facilitate that."

He quickly turns to Anderial next. "That'll be 2 GP for a tent."

"Thanks good sir."
Pays the two gold and takes the tent with them.
(Group J thread ----->)
Kallos
 player, 4 posts
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 00:58
Re: Merchant Thread
Kallos strides up to the stall, smiling at the merchant. "Good day to you! I have some items to sell and some to purchase."

He sees the gnome and stops short. "Sorry, don't mean to barge in." He waits his turn, then steps up to the counter, placing on it an iron pot, a scimitar, leather armor, a 50 foot hempen rope, a shovel, and a tinderbox.

"And I'll need to purchase a club and a chain shirt please."

He places the difference in gold and silver on the stall counter.
Westen
 GM, 2083 posts
 Local Administrator
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 13:51
Re: Merchant Thread
In reply to Kallos (msg # 141):

The merchant nods, and conducts the transaction based on the standard prices.
(math checks out)
Westen
 GM, 2084 posts
 Local Administrator
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 13:55
Merchant Thread
In reply to Nyxi Nackle (msg # 139):

The merchant sorts through the goods for a moment before responding. "Grand total is 4 GP, 4 SP"
Kallos
 player, 5 posts
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 17:09
Merchant Thread
Kallos hangs the club on his belt and lays the chain shirt around his neck and across his shoulders, then, with a nod to the merchant, heads off towards an out of the way corner of town.


Once I find a private spot, I change into my chain shirt.
Nyxi Nackle
 player, 27 posts
 AC 15 HP 9/9
 Passive Per 11 Inv 16
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 23:35
Merchant Thread
Nyxi doesn't say a thing while Kallos is served before her, even though she was there first.  It seems that small people in this town get ignored.  She's starting to get used to it.

She waits for the merchant to make change from the six Gold Pieces she put up on the counter.  In the meantime she sits down on the ground to take off her worn-out shoes.  Once off her feet, she turns them over to look at the treading.  There was still shoe leather there but not enough for many more miles of walking.  They will have to serve now as dressing slippers.  She then takes the new boots off the counter.  She puts them up to her feet to see if they are big enough.  Naturally, they're big enough.  With feet as small as hers, it would take an extra-ordinary effort to make boots that are too small for her.  They would have be from a set of doll clothes to be too small.  She then slips the boots on, wiggles her toes, and decides she needs a thick pair of woolen socks to fill out the extra space.  So she asks the merchant, "Oh, and I need a pair of thick, wool socks.  The brightest colored socks you've got.  I want people to say, 'Those sure are some fanciful socks you've got there.'  nd while you're finding a pair of trousers that'll fit me, I think I will need a new belt.  How about one with a large belt buckle?  With a rooster on it!  Yeah, to really draw the eyes down to my waist."
Ancus Vuillard
 player, 12 posts
Tue 9 Oct 2018
at 07:10
Merchant Thread
Ancus the bard enters and waits his turn before approaching the counter, “Good day to you.  I’m going on an expedition shortly and am need of some rations...   Five days would be good.”  He reaches into his coin pouch to be ready to pay.
Westen
 GM, 2109 posts
 Local Administrator
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 20:27
Merchant Thread
In reply to Nyxi Nackle (msg # 145):

(sorry, my home internet literally went down the other day as I was looking at this.)

"For specialty socks, I think 3 SP is a fair price. Another 3 for the belt, since you want a specialty buckle." (Also because neither is on my item list website)
Nyxi Nackle
 player, 30 posts
 AC 15 HP 9/9
 Passive Per 11 Inv 16
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 23:18
Merchant Thread
"Done and done!", replies Nyxi with loud excitement.  She really is the worst haggler.  She doesn't even try to negotiate.  She just accepts the offer because the math works out roundly.  So she reaches up to where she placed six gold pieces on the counter, and takes back one.

She then quickly puts the rations and the pouch containing a sling and bullets in the middle of the cloak.  Then then quickly folds up the cloak around the goods.  The rest of the garments she piles on top of the cloak.  She really is in a rush to get somewhere, so much so that she doesn't take the time to get changed or even open up her backpack.  She then runs off with her purchases to meet her new friend.
-----> Run along to Group J
Caeldor
 player, 40 posts
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 19:50
Merchant Thread
Coming from the Inn, Caeldor entered the merchant's business, taking his time and waiting for an opening to speak with the merchant.

When the chance presented itself, he smiled, "greetings. I am Caeldor and I wish to have a... creme made. I have the ingredients list and instructions."
Westen
 GM, 2246 posts
 Local Administrator
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 03:41
Merchant Thread
In reply to Caeldor (msg # 149):

"Greetings." The merchant reads over the list. "It looks simple enough, so with labor costs, I believe this would cost you 1 GP."
Caeldor
 player, 41 posts
Mon 5 Nov 2018
at 19:19
Merchant Thread
"Excellent!" Caeldor said with a smile. He fished a gold out of his pocket and scribbled a note to go with the instructions. "Please have this delivered to this room in the administration building along with these instructions for application when you have completed it."

He pulled another silver out and handed it over, "for your speed and discretion in the matter."

"Now, if I can have a receipt for the service I will bid you good day!" he added with another smile.
Westen
 GM, 2269 posts
 Local Administrator
Sun 11 Nov 2018
at 20:54
Merchant Thread
In reply to Caeldor (msg # 151):

The merchant nods, and taps the side of his nose when you hand over the silver. He fills out a receipt, and hands it to you.