Manor Thread.   Posted by Westen.Group: 0
Westen
 GM, 1759 posts
 Local Administrator
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 03:27
Manor Thread
In reply to Per Lamat (msg # 82):

The Head of State shrugs. "It's the same pay no matter how many people you bring. 30 GP when the criminals involved are apprehended or killed, with credible evidence of their actions."
Per Lamat
 player, 10 posts
 Fighter | AC 17
 HP 12/12
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 03:30
Manor Thread
"I'm sure I won't have any problem taking care of it myself. Where is it I'm headed?"
Westen
 GM, 1762 posts
 Local Administrator
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 03:38
Manor Thread
In reply to Per Lamat (msg # 84):

He points out a spot on your map not even a day's walk away. (When the cave was initially found, I hadn't yet started doing encounter rolls, so the player just kind've popped over to it. I'm going with that meaning it's less than a days walk)
Per Lamat
 player, 11 posts
 Fighter | AC 17
 HP 12/12
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 03:42
Manor Thread
Per nods, "Alright, boss."

He stuffs the map in his pack and clomps out of the office.

> Can I get a group thread?
Westen
 GM, 1764 posts
 Local Administrator
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 04:08
Manor Thread
In reply to Per Lamat (msg # 86):

You got it.
Orion Rhys
 player, 7 posts
 Half-Elf Bard Noble
 HP 10, AC 14, PP 14/PI 15
Fri 21 Sep 2018
at 16:59
Manor Thread
After Orion penned a letter and nailed it to the town board, the nobleman proceeded to the Count's estates where he washed up with a towel at a wash basin and took tea in the common area of the manor. The half-elf neatly folded a a leg across the other and read one of the books he plucked from the library to pass the time while he awaited for responses to his bulletin. He and the Count's accountant would require at least two, if not more, bodyguards to safely reach the goblin city so he was content to wait until a few men and women arrived to express interest in the venture.
Connor Cream
 player, 3 posts
 Human Wizard
Fri 21 Sep 2018
at 17:13
Manor Thread
Conner opens the door to the Counts office and steps in before stopping himself. "Oh, excuse me, I seem to have stepped into the wrong room. Do you know where the library is?"
Westen
 GM, 1846 posts
 Local Administrator
Fri 21 Sep 2018
at 18:10
Manor Thread
In reply to Connor Cream (msg # 89):

The count looks up, startled. "It's the 3rd door to the left." He nods at something behind you. A guard steps into view, and manhandles you out the door.
Connor Cream
 player, 4 posts
 Human Wizard
Fri 21 Sep 2018
at 18:20
Manor Thread
"Ah! My deepest apologies!"<coral>, Conner shouts over his shoulder. <coral>"My good man, you may put me down, I have no interest in returning to your boss's room. My apologies to you as well." Straightening his robes and fixing his hair, the wizard heads towards the library
Kallos
 player, 3 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 03:54
Manor Thread
Kallos walks into the manor, and, upon finding the first person who looks like they are on staff, asks, "Do you know where I can find a Lord Rhys? There's a notice to look for him at the Count's estate, which I guess is this place."
Westen
 GM, 2051 posts
 Local Administrator
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 21:01
Manor Thread
In reply to Kallos (msg # 92):

They point out a door down the hall. (I'm guessing conducting the meeting via PM would be the best approach)
Ancus Vuillard
 player, 8 posts
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 21:54
Manor Thread
From the tavern<——

A human arrives wearing traveling clothing and carrying, of all things, a lute.  He looks lost for a moment before noting a servant who seemed in a good mood, “Excuse me.  I’ve heard rumor of someone looking to fill out their retinue to make peace with some local goblins.  I’m hear to offer my services if you could point me in the right direction.”
Westen
 GM, 2063 posts
 Local Administrator
Thu 4 Oct 2018
at 15:08
Manor Thread
In reply to Ancus Vuillard (msg # 94):

They describe how to reach the appropriate quarters for the noble in charge of the expedition. (best to continue this via PM with Orion Rhys)
Ancus Vuillard
 player, 9 posts
Thu 4 Oct 2018
at 22:10
Manor Thread
“Thank you.  May you be blessed.” He bows his head to the servant, “If you are ever in need of help, my name is Ancus and I am at your service.”

He turns and follows the directions to the noble’s quarters.
Xander Changeling
 player, 5 posts
 15passiveperception
 AC15 HP11/11
Fri 26 Oct 2018
at 04:29
Manor Thread
Xander takes in the manner. The first clerk who he makes eye contact with is met with a friendly smile and a handshake

"I'm Xander, new around here. I am looking for Ahren Grale, the head of state? Do you know where I might find him? I would like to lend my services"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:39, Fri 26 Oct 2018.

Westen
 GM, 2226 posts
 Local Administrator
Sat 27 Oct 2018
at 03:12
Manor Thread
In reply to Xander Changeling (msg # 97):

The clerk smiles back, and points out the correct door on the long hallway next to his desk. "Please knock before you enter. Some adventurers like to just barge in, and it gets under his skin."
Wu
 player, 6 posts
 Human Monk
 AC 15 | HP 12/12
Sat 27 Oct 2018
at 03:26
Manor Thread
Wu steps out from behind Xander and bows in greeting, "I am Wu, of the Vyndalai Temple. We are grateful for your assistance." He then follows Xander to the specified door.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:26, Sat 27 Oct 2018.

Xander Changeling
 player, 6 posts
 15passiveperception
 AC15 HP11/11
Sat 27 Oct 2018
at 04:27
Manor Thread
"Thank you, take care"

Xander makes his way down the long hallway, to Wu

I feel like we are on a path with endless possibilities, yet they all stem from this hallway. What is to be born from a simple knock? Glory, riches, tragedy? I care little, whatever the outcome it will be our doing. Onwards friend

Xander hesatates, he takes a breath, smiles to Wu and gives the door a courteous rap-a-tap. Almost musical
Westen
 GM, 2229 posts
 Local Administrator
Mon 29 Oct 2018
at 21:41
Manor Thread
In reply to Xander Changeling (msg # 100):

A man calls out from behind the door. "Yes, come in."
Xander Changeling
 player, 8 posts
 15passiveperception
 AC15 HP11/11
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 02:36
Manor Thread
Xander gives Wu a nod. Takes a breath in, a Breath out and puts on his best smile. He opens the door

hello, Ahren Grale? I'm Xander, facilitator of dreams and this is Wu of the Vyndalai Temple, a great and nobel fighter. We understand that you are looking for some individuals of means? We would like to offer our services

Xander speaks a word In Sylvan, his cloack Bellow's and the smell of dry leaves and crisp air fill the office
Wu
 player, 7 posts
 Human Monk
 AC 15 | HP 12/12
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 14:51
Manor Thread
Wu bows politely after entering, quietly looking around the office.
Westen
 GM, 2240 posts
 Local Administrator
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 03:23
Manor Thread
In reply to Wu (msg # 103):

Ahren nods at you. "Greetings to you both. So first, what kind of work might you be interested in? Investigative work? Mercenary work? Undead cleansing? I have openings for all three."
Xander Changeling
 player, 10 posts
 15passiveperception
 AC15 HP11/11
Tue 6 Nov 2018
at 19:08
Manor Thread
Xander rubs his chin

" While we work for coin we are no mercenaries. The freedom to pick and chose who we aid is invaluable. What needs investigated?  I am confident between the two of us we can root out the truth."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:04, Wed 14 Nov 2018.

Westen
 GM, 2271 posts
 Local Administrator
Sun 11 Nov 2018
at 21:15
Manor Thread
In reply to Xander Changeling (msg # 105):

The head of state nods, shuffling through his papers. "A previous adventurer identified a crime syndicate which has been trying to make inroads into our fledgling town. Though he managed to end the man who was in charge of this, it seems that this crime syndicate has begun operations once again. Especially, they are starting a fledgling drug trade using a unique form of addictive, blessed water that comes from a spring near our city. I would like you to track down those responsible, and bring them to justice. If they resist arrest, lethal force is permitted, but only the perpetrators. Anyone who is not directly involved must be treated with respect.
Xander Changeling
 player, 13 posts
 15passiveperception
 AC15 HP11/11
Mon 12 Nov 2018
at 05:19
Manor Thread
" We wold be happy to aid in this. The Predatory sale of drugs is not to be taken lightly.  Taking action now while the syndicate is young is the best time.  What can we expect in compensation?  a forward in gold could help us loosen some tongues..."


22:20, Today: Xander Changeling rolled 19 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 13.  Xander Persuasion

This message was last edited by the player at 05:21, Mon 12 Nov 2018.