Tavern.   Posted by Westen.Group: 0
Westen
 GM, 1941 posts
 Local Administrator
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 17:52
Re: Tavern
In reply to Margrave (msg # 205):

(Ugh sry)
She nods. "That's right, I'm Rosalyn. Take a seat." She waves her hand at the chair in front of her.
Westen
 GM, 1942 posts
 Local Administrator
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 17:54
Re: Tavern
In reply to Lucien (msg # 204):

She nods. "That sounds like a decent plan. Meet me by the front door in a couple hours, I need to pack a few things."

(ready for your own thread?)

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:54, Wed 26 Sept 2018.

Margrave
 player, 9 posts
 AC 14, HP 10/10, PP 16
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 17:58
Re: Tavern
Margrave slips into the seat across from the woman, "Thank you. Shall we get down to business?" He then continued not really waiting for an answer, "The bracelet you are wanting recovered what can you tell me about it an the circumstances?"
Westen
 GM, 1953 posts
 Local Administrator
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 18:31
Re: Tavern
In reply to Margrave (msg # 208):

"It's a magic bracelet my family has passed down for generations. No one knows exactly what it does, but there's a rumor that it's the key to some long-lost treasure one of my ancestors left behind. I care more about the fact that it's sentimental to be honest. My mother left it to me in her will years ago. I paid a local mage to make a locator enchantment, so I've got this device (she pulls out a primitive compass, a metal cylinder with a needle on a pole) It should point the way to where the bracelet can be found, but I have no idea of the distance."
Margrave
 player, 10 posts
 AC 14, HP 10/10, PP 16
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 18:45
Re: Tavern
Keeping the skeptical look off his face Margrave looked at the device, "May I ask how it is that the bracelet went missing?"
Westen
 GM, 1958 posts
 Local Administrator
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 13:57
Re: Tavern
In reply to Margrave (msg # 210):

She shrugs. "I took it off one night, and when I woke up, it was gone from my table. I searched everywhere, and it wasn't in my room, so someone took it."
Margrave
 player, 11 posts
 AC 14, HP 10/10, PP 16
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 14:15
Re: Tavern
Thinking for a moment, "I see. With the locator it should not be to hard to track down, though if it has been a few days, most likely the culprit has sold it by now. I can attempt to recover the bracelet for you if you wish. We would need to discuss compensation and what you would like done should I find the thief."
Westen
 GM, 1961 posts
 Local Administrator
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 18:08
Re: Tavern
In reply to Margrave (msg # 212):

She nods. "I'd rather they were turned in for justice, but if they give you no choice, I would understand needing to kill them. Is 25 GP enough for your services?"
Margrave
 player, 12 posts
 AC 14, HP 10/10, PP 16
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 18:12
Re: Tavern
Margrave nodded, "That will suffice." He held his hand out for the locator, "Unless you have further advice or insight I should be on my way. Before the culprit gets farther away."
Westen
 GM, 1968 posts
 Local Administrator
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 19:04
Re: Tavern
In reply to Margrave (msg # 214):

She nods at you as you leave.

(Giving you your own thread.)
Lucien
 player, 16 posts
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 21:46
Re: Tavern
In reply to Westen (msg # 207):

Yeah :) That would be good
Ancus Vuillard
 player, 3 posts
Sun 30 Sep 2018
at 20:05
Re: Tavern
A human male enters looking weary from travel, but carrying a lute and having an intense look on his face as if looking for someone.  His eyes lock on the bartender and he crosses the tavern quickly, “Good day!  I’m new in town and I hear you might be in want for a bard.  Is that true?”
Westen
 GM, 2022 posts
 Local Administrator
Sun 30 Sep 2018
at 20:29
Re: Tavern
In reply to Ancus Vuillard (msg # 217):

The tavern keeper nods. "We could always use more entertainment around here. I'll give you a silver a day, plus whatever you get from the crowd."
Ancus Vuillard
 player, 4 posts
Sun 30 Sep 2018
at 20:40
Re: Tavern
Ancus frowns, “Seems a bit low...  How about you just give me a room and meals for each day I perform. You know a good bard will being in more business than that.  And any coin that the crowd leaves will be mine, of course, but I am sure most of that will make its way to youone way or another.  I may not have been the most famous bard in all the lands, but I can assure you I will create a following.“

This message was last edited by the player at 20:41, Sun 30 Sept 2018.

Westen
 GM, 2026 posts
 Local Administrator
Sun 30 Sep 2018
at 20:43
Re: Tavern
In reply to Ancus Vuillard (msg # 219):

(average tavern-performers wage according to the internet is 2-5 GP a month. 1 silver a day is 3 GP, plus you get tips :3)

He nods. "That seems fair enough. Deal."
Ancus Vuillard
 player, 5 posts
Sun 30 Sep 2018
at 20:53
Re: Tavern
“It’s a deal.  I will put my gear in my room and get to playing.  You won’t regret your trust.”  Ancus is enthusiastic and quickly drops off his gear before getting to playing his lute for the customers.
Westen
 GM, 2027 posts
 Local Administrator
Mon 1 Oct 2018
at 23:34
Re: Tavern
In reply to Ancus Vuillard (msg # 221):

(Fair enough. the economy balance can be weird sometimes. Any information in particular you're looking for?)

(Roll for performance to determine tips)
Ancus Vuillard
 player, 6 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 09:05
Re: Tavern
Ancus quickly tunes his lute before playing, saying as he does, “Good day my friends, I am Ancus.  I’m new in town, just arrived a few hours to tell truth though I think most of us are new here.  If any of you have a song you would like to hear just let me know.  To start, though, something to remember that we are all simply travelers.”

He begins playing an old song known simply as The Travellers Tune it is said to make the legs of travelers less weary.  Realizing that this isn’t the crowd for old tunes like that, he moves on to an amusing rendition of Seven Dragons and a Baby And then to requests in hopes of regaining the audience.
Westen
 GM, 2055 posts
 Local Administrator
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 21:18
Re: Tavern
In reply to Ancus Vuillard (msg # 223):

Ancus hears several useful pieces of gossip. One is about a cleric named Yuri. It seems he has taken over a small, defunct village to the south, and is seeking to turn it into a bastion to his faith.

Another piece of gossip is about how there are civilized goblins in the hills to the east, and the count is assembling a diplomatic delegation to barter with them for mineral rights. They're still hiring guards, and attendants for the diplomat.

One more piece of gossip suggests there is currently a high demand for a substance called "clocane" which is technically illegal. It seems the main distributors were recently killed by an adventurer, and there is a lot of unsupplied demand.

The patrons don't boo the performance, but they don't seem particularly interested, either. You get a few pity coppers thrown your way, and by the end of the night, have 8 CP in tip money.
Ancus Vuillard
 player, 7 posts
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 21:48
Re: Tavern
Saddened by his poor performance, Ancus walks to the bartender!.“I’m sorry I was so lackluster.  It must be fatigue from my travels.  I am going to take a walk and clear my head.  I’ll be back and refreshed in a short while.”

He turns to leave,  humming a tune to himself as he goes.

To the manor —->
Kallos
 player, 6 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 19:56
Re: Tavern
Kallos steps into the tavern, and takes a seat at an empty table near the edge of the room. After a few minutes, he gets up and orders a pint, then returns to his table to sip at it slowly. He seems to pay little attention to anything or anyone else in the room.
Ancus Vuillard
 player, 10 posts
Mon 8 Oct 2018
at 20:21
Re: Tavern
Ancus the bard returns, chatting with the staff and patrons at the bar for a few minutes before ordering a drink.  He takes a sip of his ale before returning to the stage where he begins playing upbeat traditional dance music.
Westen
 GM, 2101 posts
 Local Administrator
Tue 9 Oct 2018
at 01:26
Re: Tavern
In reply to Ancus Vuillard (msg # 227):

(sure, I'll do my best, but there's not much to tell yet.)

(roll for performance if you want tips)

After the performance, you see a man nursing a beer who looks like exactly the kind of person that would have the information you are seeking. More specifically, he is dressed as one of the servant-staff to the manor-house.
Ancus Vuillard
 player, 11 posts
Tue 9 Oct 2018
at 07:07
Re: Tavern
Ancus plays again this time reading the crowd far better.  He sticks to upbeat music and stays away from anything too lyrical so that the clientele can focus on their drinking rather than his singing.  After playing for a while he wanders the room chatting with the locals and getting a feel for the town’s mood.

Performance roll: 03:01, Today: Ancus Vuillard rolled 19 using 1d20+5 ((14)).


To merchant ——>
Westen
 GM, 2103 posts
 Local Administrator
Tue 9 Oct 2018
at 20:18
Re: Tavern
In reply to Ancus Vuillard (msg # 229):

(you get 1 GP worth of tips for a stunning performance)

(your investigation turns up a little information. he is the direct heir to a viscount, and schooled in the noble version of the bardic arts)