Library Thread.   Posted by Westen.Group: 0
Westen
 GM, 805 posts
 Local Administrator
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 17:25
Library Thread
by popular demand
Gewar Moq Qo Harr
 player, 13 posts
 Human
 (pronounced KEY-war)
Fri 31 Aug 2018
at 17:39
Library Thread
OOC:  Enter from Tavern

Gewar enters the small library and skims through the book titles, looking for a map of the area around the undead town to the south.  He picks up different books and flips through pages.

OOC:  13:38, Today: Gewar Moq Qo Harr rolled 8 using 1d20-1.  Investigation Roll.
Westen
 GM, 1065 posts
 Local Administrator
Fri 31 Aug 2018
at 19:19
Library Thread
In reply to Gewar Moq Qo Harr (msg # 2):

You find the region map, which has vague information, but little specifics. (If you haven't yet, see game map group 0)
Gewar Moq Qo Harr
 player, 15 posts
 Human
 (pronounced KEY-war)
Fri 31 Aug 2018
at 19:50
Library Thread
After looking through the books, Gewar doesn't find anything useful and decides to just start on his way.  He closes the books and puts them back where he found them, exiting the area.

OOC:  Exit to Merchant
Yuri
 player, 283 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 19:58
Library Thread
Yuri steps into the room with 4 books in his hands, and looks around for the Librarian. "Hello, is anyone there? I have a donation for the town."
Westen
 GM, 1122 posts
 Local Administrator
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 20:48
Library Thread
In reply to Yuri (msg # 5):

There is no librarian, but there is a table with a sign that reads "donations"
Yuri
 player, 284 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 20:51
Library Thread
Yuri blushes and puts his 4 books in the bin. They are:
"Hammer, and tongs, the basics of smithing"
"From Iron to Gold: the Secrets of Metallurgy"
"The rise and fall of the eastern duchies"
"The reign of king Resteros."
Grinseveld
 player, 56 posts
 Dwarf Wizard
 HP 8/8 SS 0/2
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 20:58
Library Thread
Grinseveld walks in and is a bit surprised to see the cleric.

"Hello again," he says. "I was thinking they might have some books on the undead."

(He looks around for a list or index of books.)
Yuri
 player, 286 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 21:01
Library Thread
”good idea. I can help you search, if you’d like?”
Grinseveld
 player, 57 posts
 Dwarf Wizard
 HP 8/8 SS 0/2
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 21:13
Library Thread
"Any help would be most welcome," the dwarf says.

(As I search, I'd also like to keep an eye out for any spells I might be able to copy, now or in the future.)

17:13, Today: Grinseveld rolled 7 using 1d20+5. Investigation.
Yuri
 player, 287 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 21:18
Library Thread
In reply to Grinseveld (msg # 10):


17:14, Today: Yuri rolled 2 using 1d20.  Help.

Grinseveld
 player, 58 posts
 Dwarf Wizard
 HP 8/8 SS 0/2
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 21:19
Library Thread
(I think we're going to fail our research paper.)
Westen
 GM, 1129 posts
 Local Administrator
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 13:19
Library Thread
(you get a d+)
You find very general information about the undead, and references to them, but nothing which provides any new information about them.
Grinseveld
 player, 61 posts
 Dwarf Wizard
 HP 8/8 SS 0/2
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 16:04
Library Thread
Grinseveld shuts a book and walks over to the shelves with a small stack of texts.

As he returns them to their spots, he says, "I think that's it for me right now. I feel like I've missed something, but I can read for only so long."

He hoists his pack and nods to Yuri, "Thanks for the help. I do hope we can head out soon. Staying in town makes me antsy."
Yuri
 player, 289 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 16:54
Library Thread
”Me as well, I recently came into ownership of what was once a small village a few day south of here. I’m happy to help the priests here, but I do want to get back to it soon. There are lots of repair to be done to fortify it against the undead.”
Grinseveld
 player, 63 posts
 Dwarf Wizard
 HP 8/8 SS 0/2
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 17:01
Library Thread
Grinseveld's eyebrows rise.

"An entire village!"

He rubs his beard for a moment, thinking. "We could hire a mercenary or two."
Yuri
 player, 290 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 17:05
Library Thread
”There is not much to defend now, though I do hope to grow it to a bastion of my faith, and a lynchpin on our efforts to clear this land of the Lich Kings effect. It’s much closer to the runs of his castle, and I can only imagine what dark artifacts lie within.”
Grinseveld
 player, 64 posts
 Dwarf Wizard
 HP 8/8 SS 0/2
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 17:09
Library Thread
"Apologies, I phrased it poorly. My mind does wander around itself a bit. I meant hire mercenaries for the mummy problem."
Yuri
 player, 291 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 17:30
Library Thread
”that would be wise, I think. I am good up close, a decent from a distance, so maybe an archer would be wise. Why don’t you see who is available. I have a decent amount of money, so a somewhat skilled one might not be a bad idea. Could you see to having them hired? You seem like a fierce negotiator.”
Grinseveld
 player, 65 posts
 Dwarf Wizard
 HP 8/8 SS 0/2
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 17:34
Library Thread
Grinseveld nods.

"I will see to it."

He tightens a couple more straps and heads out of the library.