Temple Thread.   Posted by Westen.Group: 0
Grinseveld
 player, 45 posts
 Dwarf Wizard
 HP 8/8 SS 0/2
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 17:59
Temple Thread
Grinseveld examines the drawing, rubbing his beard and nodding.

"I can do this, though be forewarned, it will be no axe for a god. I am skilled with my tools, but there are those of far, far greater ability."

"Do you have the iron for this?"
Yuri
 player, 265 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 18:03
Temple Thread
In reply to Grinseveld (msg # 29):

”I do. I have 5 pounds of iron for you to use. You may use as much as you need to make a high quality weapon. And I do not expect a gods tool, only one in its image.”
Grinseveld
 player, 46 posts
 Dwarf Wizard
 HP 8/8 SS 0/2
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 18:06
Temple Thread
Grinseveld nods, taking the iron, and leaves the temple, heading to the forge.

(GM, should I just move back to my group thread for my forging attempt?)
Yuri
 player, 266 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 18:11
Temple Thread
In reply to Grinseveld (msg # 31):

(That’s how I’ve been doing my crafting)
Westen
 GM, 1105 posts
 Local Administrator
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 18:12
Temple Thread
(probably for the best, but I can also add you to his thread if you want. yuri don't forget the clocane ;) )
Grinseveld
 player, 50 posts
 Dwarf Wizard
 HP 8/8 SS 0/2
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 18:29
Temple Thread
This time when Grinseveld walks back in the temple, his head is raised a little higher, and he meets the priests' eyes.

"Is Yuri about still?" he asks one.
Yuri
 player, 273 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 18:41
Temple Thread
A head of short black hair pops up from the loom he's been working. "Yes?"
Grinseveld
 player, 51 posts
 Dwarf Wizard
 HP 8/8 SS 0/2
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 18:49
Temple Thread
Grinseveld presents him the handaxe, made in the requested style.

"Here you go. Pretty pleased with the way it turned out. Not a bad forge here in town."
Westen
 GM, 1113 posts
 Local Administrator
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 18:52
Temple Thread
In reply to Grinseveld (msg # 36):

(He rolled an 18 on the smithing roll, so it has +1 to damage over the normal value)
Yuri
 player, 275 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 18:55
Temple Thread
In reply to Grinseveld (msg # 36):

"It is absolutely beautiful, my friend. Thank you, How much do I owe you?"
Grinseveld
 player, 52 posts
 Dwarf Wizard
 HP 8/8 SS 0/2
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 19:00
Temple Thread
"Ah, I charge strictly on a contract basis. We had no contract before, so there's no charge."

He smiles, a bit of a sparkle in the normally wary eyes.

"Now, I believe I will wander around town a bit until we're ready to strike out. Which reminds me: how long do you anticipate it being until we get our third?"
Yuri
 player, 277 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 19:04
Temple Thread
"I honestly am unsure. I will send word to you once we find them though, make sure you pack enough rations for the journey, and gather any other supplies you may need."
Grinseveld
 player, 53 posts
 Dwarf Wizard
 HP 8/8 SS 0/2
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 19:06
Temple Thread
Grinseveld bows and then leaves the temple.

>> To the merchant.
Yuri
 player, 281 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 19:50
Temple Thread
Yuri apporaches the priest of Helm, a taapestry rolled up in his arms. "Hello Father, I was curious if I could hang a tapestry emblazoned with my God's symbol on it, as the chapel has yet to have an altar for my faith in it."
Westen
 GM, 1120 posts
 Local Administrator
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 19:54
Temple Thread
In reply to Yuri (msg # 42):

The man nods. "Hang it up on that wall there." He points to a bare wall to your left.
Yuri
 player, 282 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 19:57
Temple Thread
In reply to Westen (msg # 43):

Yuri carefully hangs up the tapestry, a deep red background, with Golden Antlers set behind a sideways axe, and kneels for several moments in prayer to his god, before leaving for the library.

>>>To Library>>
Yuri
 player, 292 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 17:40
Temple Thread
Yuri steps in and heads to the priest of Lliira. “Hello, I don’t believe I ever got your name earlier.”
Westen
 GM, 1137 posts
 Local Administrator
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 18:02
Temple Thread
In reply to Yuri (msg # 45):

The priest looks up at you, smiling. "Oh, hello friend. The name is Dayton Bryce."
Yuri
 player, 293 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 18:12
Temple Thread
In reply to Westen (msg # 46):

”Dayton, lovely to see you again. I’ll be leaving town again soon, and I have someone that might come looking for me. Would you mind delivering them a letter from me?”
Westen
 GM, 1141 posts
 Local Administrator
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 19:16
Temple Thread
In reply to Yuri (msg # 47):

"Of course. Who will I be looking for?"
Yuri
 player, 296 posts
 A Half-Orc Cleric
 Follower of Perun
Mon 3 Sep 2018
at 19:19
Temple Thread
In reply to Westen (msg # 48):

”His name is Vata. I believe he Smithed everyone a holy symbol. If you could give him this note, I would be incredibly grateful.”
Zedekiah Brightsteel
 player, 10 posts
 Keeper of the Peace
 Champion of the Just
Wed 5 Sep 2018
at 23:08
Temple Thread
Zedekiah will ask the Kelemvorite, "I've been told you are seeking materials for a project of some sort? May I ask what you are doing, and what you need? If your aims are just, then I would of course be willing to lend aid."
Westen
 GM, 1230 posts
 Local Administrator
Wed 5 Sep 2018
at 23:14
Temple Thread
In reply to Zedekiah Brightsteel (msg # 50):

the priest nods. "You see, someone recently crafted me this artifact level talisman." He pulls a talisman that is strung around his neck from inside his robes. When you look into it, it flares brightly, bombarding your mind with the feeling that every ancestor and lost loved one in your history is sending you love, and greetings. After a few seconds that feel like an eternity, the feeling slows to a trickle, but does not go away completely. The priest speaks again, breaking into your reverie. "Yes, it affects everyone that way the first time. It is a strong conduit to the lands of Kelemvor, god of the dead. I am hoping to use it to send all the wandering spirits of the land to their ultimate destination, but I require the bones of 10 undead skeletons to perform the ritual. They can be found here." He marks a spot on your map.
Zedekiah Brightsteel
 player, 11 posts
 Keeper of the Peace
 Champion of the Just
Wed 5 Sep 2018
at 23:22
Temple Thread
Zedekiah nods, then says, "I shall do this. I shall return when I have the bones."

With that, he heads to the first marker on his map, seeking to reclaim the armory.

---> To the old armory --->
Westen
 GM, 1233 posts
 Local Administrator
Wed 5 Sep 2018
at 23:35
Temple Thread
In reply to Zedekiah Brightsteel (msg # 52):

(Gonna give you your own thread. There’s also a merchant thread if you need to stock up on supplies. It’s a 4 day journey each direction.)