Aftermath (0.0.3)   Posted by Morien.Group: 0
Wisla
 player, 112 posts
Fri 25 Jan 2019
at 04:07
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla considers for a long moment and decides this is the moment that making a move on capitalizing on this high of thankfulness. She wanted to try and bring the village into a stronger alliance. The mine and Fort would be better if these people were willing to help them even more. Wisla considers and decides to take the risk. It is better to be honest and create a lasting alliance then be secretive and have the village turn on them later, "Well, I would love to discuss how we can help each other. There is much going on in the world right now. Perils that must be discussed. I will have my allies return to our camp and then ill join your leaders so we might discuss the situation in greater detail."

After letting the words hang for a moment she turns and removes her backpack putting her quiver into it. Handing the backpack and hornbow to Arashi, "Please take this and keep it safe for me."

She turns to Tessa, "I want you to take our group back to the camp with Floki and Tavi. I am going to discuss the entire situation with our friends here. You can keep our little troop moving against our enemies. Keep an eye out for Chaos beasts or other monsters that might threaten the village. If for some reason I have not returned by dawn. Act as you see fit."

She turns to Erikur, Broggy, Van, and the twins "Thank you and your brothers for the aid in returning the children. Please go with Tessa and then return to your home until I need you once more."
Arashi
 player, 101 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 43/49 AC:19 Init+6
Fri 25 Jan 2019
at 18:44
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Arashi nodded as he took Wisla's things.

If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down.

The monk had taken the saying a little too literally and was used to carrying almost nothing at all. The added weight put him off balance for a few moments, a his brow furrowed in annoyance as he had to adjust his stance to compensate. He hopped a few times while throwing out a few shadow punches to feel how the baggage moved to disrupt his martial art. After he made a few minor adjustments he looked to Tessa and waiting for her to begin the walk back.
Floki
 player, 58 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Fri 25 Jan 2019
at 19:05
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Floki had yet to speak, but the northman was rather one of action then words. Words were for politicians, nobles and kings and queens that would squable over those that they ruled. To fight, rather .. to fight till death was his way. But now dead. And his world in shambles it was important to make priorities. And the first one was to live. Yes, even in death life had meaning.

"As you wish .." adding with a smile ".. high general." chuckling softly

Heading towards Tavi "Let us make camp my accursed friend, the children will be safe with her."

Looking towards the monk. With or without a weapon. There would be a day he would fight besides this strange man from the east
Manofdusk
 GM, 125 posts
 GM Golem
Sat 26 Jan 2019
at 08:58
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 The man looked at Wisla quizzically but nodded and sent a few of the other villagers off to gather the people of importance in the town.

 Meanwhile, Erikur and the others led the rest of the group back to where Tavi had decided to make camp.

OOC: we're continuing in this thread for the rest of the group. This is downtime to level up, learn about one another, have conversations, and do stuff that you might want to do (assuming the negotiation goes well :P)
Tessa
 player, 46 posts
Sun 27 Jan 2019
at 02:15
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Once back at camp Tessa strikes up a convsersation with the others. "Hopefully the negotiations go well. I suspect our new leader will handle things appropriately. Now that we have a bit to rest perhaps we could learn a bit more about each other? As you have probably surmised, I practice the arcane arts, specifically those that deal with shadow, fear, negative energy, and necromancy. In life I was often the outcast, since most people consider this skill set to be one of evil. To be fair, these skills appeal to many with malice on their minds but I have chosen only to apply the arts for self preservation and the preservation of others. That was how I died, defending those who whispered discontent behind my back. But the gods have decided I am not quite done on this plane. How about yourselves? What motivated you all to come back?" she asks.
Floki
 player, 59 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Sun 27 Jan 2019
at 07:31
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Floki had gathered some dead wood and started a fire, more out of habit then that his dead corps needed heat. It was cold to the touch. Yet he felt no cold. It was getting used to. To all these new feelings. Sitting down

"Used to be a simple huntsmen back in the days" chewing of some dead meat ".. partially a smithy, though more to build traps to catch these s***ers. But I had always been an outcast. my heritage brewn in a melting pot of some dark elves that had done some violent stuff"

Floki then smiled, he had done his share "But, so are things in the north. The reason Im now back is to hunt those that signed a blood contract to keep me buried and burned to death. unfortunately for them. I am no longer burried"
Arashi
 player, 103 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 43/49 AC:21 Init+6
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 19:44
Aftermath (0.0.3)
When he reached the makeshift camp the oriental saw that nothing had to be done immediately and found a place to sit and care for his weapon. He had set Wisla's things down gingerly, taking care not to disturb anything inside before turning to his blade. Even now it wished to cry out, but the monk placed a finger on the blade to dull its shrill song. After a few more moments to retrieve his whetstone, he returned to the repetitive and careful honing of his weapon. Something familiar in these unfamiliar times.

When he heard Tessa speak, he paused to look at her but quickly returned to his sharpening as she told her story. He somberly listened as she wove her tragic tale and cursed himself for having assumed her character. To think that a person who delved in deeper magics had far more character than he gave Arashi pause. He let her question hang in the air as he contemplated his new findings, letting the viking speak. He learned that the man was after vengeance.

The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.

Arashi doubted the man would heed the words of a (likely) long dead monk, so he kept his parables to himself. He realized, however, that it was his turn to share. He pocketed his whetstone as he brought his full attention to the group. His voice was measured as he carefully recounted his past. "I was born in the monastery of Qu'len where I was raised for most of my life. As part of our duties, we trained with a variety of weapons and learned many styles that were passed down from the masters. One day, I defeated my masters and left the monastery to learn from the other masters the world has to offer and to one day develop the perfect martial art." He paused, as he lowered his head in shame. "Unfortunately my adventure did not last very long. I stopped by a city as was slain as I slept. I assume a thief snuck into my room in the middle of the night. I remember an open door and the pain at my neck, not much more."

"Now I am here." As he finished, his hand fumbled in his pocket for his whetstone and he returned to his long task.
Tavi
 player, 78 posts
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 20:14
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Tavi was content to flop over onto his back and just relax now that he was all chained up. When Tessa mentioned she worked the more rare magics he pointed at her, "I like you, it takes a lot of bravery to learn that field of magic. Too many people are scared of the stigma that comes with it."

"You must be one hell of a master yourself Arashi. I would strongly encourage you to take up a student. When a man has learned all that may be taught to him, the only way he may learn more is to teach others. I think you would make a well disciplined and grand teacher. Think on it mate."

"Floki, is it true what they say that a smiths hammer hand will have a large forarm and his tong hand will have a large bicep? There was talk that all gods of smithing are deformed because as a smith you grow differing muscles out of proportion as time goes on. Never figured that one out to be true."

He shrugged, "I, myself, am a Nephilim. Half Angel and devil born outside of the material. Sold to the Emerald witch who had her eyes set on the winter throne. She made me tend the peacocks growing up which is why we hate eachother so much. Her spirit peacocks collect on the other side, waiting for me so I accepted to get away from them."

"She wanted me to say her name with the words of gods and old evils. Something that I wont do, so cursed boy travels and dies chained up at Tessa's pyer by a silver arrow."

Floki
 player, 61 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 22:59
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Floki watched both men musing. Pointing the hammer front-end towards Tavi. Smiling "Yes friend, some of the lesser gods who blessed the first smith that forged axes, swords and .." raising his hammer ".. hammers, were deformed yes. Then the dwarves came. Their hands and muscles created for these tasks. I knew one. Alas a drunk cut of his beard and so he lost his skills. And well .. you might guess what happens to a dwarf that can no longer forge iron into a master piece. Hmm. I was a smith, of sort in the days. Hunting in the autumn. Pillaging in the summers. Those were the good days."

Laying back against a tree "Half breed then huh, a cursed half-breed. we could have been brothers then. If I had known of you, you would be welcome in my house any day. To join me in a hunt. Pillage and sack riches. Fight for glory and to die in battle"
Arashi
 player, 104 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 43/49 AC:21 Init+6
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 22:08
Aftermath (0.0.3)
As the were-monster gave out his compliments, a shy smile crept onto the (un)dead monk's face for what felt like the first time in a long time. While he felt that there was so much more to learn before he took on a disciple, he was flattered that Tavi thought so well of him. Although his was distracted by the flattery, Arashi was sure to listen to the other compliments as well; he was unused to speaking with people who were so unlike him and he was certain that his sheltered life in the monastery would lead to some difficulties bonding with the rest of this... horde.

He turned his back to the group when Tavi began to speak his nonsense to prevent the scraping sounds from interrupting the man's(?) unintelligible story. So he was a creature born from beings both evil and good and sold to a witch of gems? Did he hear a mention of a seasonal throne and peacocks? Surely he didn't mean the bird. Arashi shook his head; not in disbelief, but in utter confusion. Instead of focusing on his confusion, he let his mind wander to his true calling; the Art of the Blade.
Wisla
 player, 128 posts
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 04:42
Aftermath (0.0.3)
--> From Negotiation

Wisla works her way back to the camp. Her face shows frustration clearly her negotiation did not go as she had hoped.
Manofdusk
 GM, 137 posts
 GM Golem
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 06:02
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 When Wisla returned, she found the group chatting (by the fireside? I'll let you guys choose if there's a fire or not) and dusk was still a few hours off. There was still time to bet tonight what Tavi was going to turn into for the night.
Wisla
 player, 129 posts
Sat 2 Feb 2019
at 03:46
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla looks around, "Well that did not go as well as I had hoped. The Imperial officer of the town was being a hard nose. I promised a bill to the Emperor for our help with protecting the town, saving the children and reclaiming an important Imperial Asset that was the fort. We are holding the fort as Collateral until we can come to a fair agreement. Ultimately id prefer a lease until the chaos beasts are defeated in lieu of payment. Perhaps someone a little more diplomatic can deliver the bill. It should be high but reasonable." She fills in the others on most of the details about the discussion and where things broke down, "I do not know if the Mayor will actually take us up on training but we will help the town and damn the Officer."
Tavi
 player, 79 posts
Sat 2 Feb 2019
at 05:08
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Tavi looked up from his spot chained on the ground. "Please do me a favor and keep the monk with you during negotiations as a body guard. The normal people will see it and as it is common for leadership to have guards it will force their minds into the mode of negotiations and help you in the long run."

"And it will keep you safe. But in any case, you can use small things like that to anchor 'business as usual' in their minds. In the world, as it is they would almost hunger for it and you can use that to your advantage."

"But the fact you came out with your head still attached speaks to the fact your did very well. Most places would have burned you alive the moment they found out you are not exactly alive. Yah did good Wisla, its another step in the right direction."

Arashi
 player, 105 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Sat 2 Feb 2019
at 22:13
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Arashi was checking his blade's sharpness as Wisla came into view. Satisfied with his work, he put the blade away and turned to acknowledge Wisla's arrival. He listened as she and Tavi spoke. The monk nodded when Tavi recommend an armed escort. However the idea of a foreign warrior piqued his interest.

"This officer..." the monk started, "Is he a warrior of some kind? Do you know if he is skilled?" he tried but could not hide his curiosity and eagerness to meet and duel another great warrior.
Erin
 player, 66 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 20/49
Sun 3 Feb 2019
at 18:33
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Erin was disgusted this new general of the Dread Lord's sought personal gain over the lives of those still in jeopardy.  They couldn't just camp out negotiating for gold while people were dying!

The woman stalked off into the night to cool off.
Tavi
 player, 80 posts
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 05:01
Aftermath (0.0.3)
The time had come like punctuation on the idea of why Tavi always chained himself up. He started spewing profanity so vile that it would be easy to wonder where exactly he learned such curse words. He grew in size but as last time he grew scales, this time it was fur and fluff. He kept growing and growing until he looked like a giant loaf of fur.

He rolled over and looked supremely unhappy as he had turned into a Dire Were Corgi for the night. Floppy ears and all he was still trim but even with thumbs his legs would be too short to really be intimidating. "Really curse? A were mount to the Fey? Dragons, giant animals, even crazy insane things. But noooooo. You gotta turn me into a fluffy dwarf werehound..."
Manofdusk
 GM, 139 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 03:20
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 Night had fallen like a blanket over the group of warriors and the dog-couch. About an hour after sunset, the mayor approached the camp they had made, the caution he displayed clear in the firelight.

 "Hello again."

 He inclines his head. "I have good news, Frederick has decided to let you use the fort as you see fit in return for your offer to help train us."
Wisla
 player, 132 posts
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 03:28
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla considered the questions of Arashi, "He carried a short sword and seemed comfortable in its use. He is most likely a warrior of some kind. He did not however impress me."


Wisla rose when she heard the mayor apporach. Looking at them man with a smile, "Thank you for coming." She smiles to herself at the mans response, "That sounds like a decent start. Perhaps we can build further trust during the training."

Wisla looks over at Arashi and then back to the mayor, "What type of weapons do you have access to train with? So we can how to help."
Manofdusk
 GM, 142 posts
 GM Golem
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 04:59
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 The mayor looks back at the village. We have some swords, but most of us have modified farm weapons from the blacksmith. We have bows and have some experience with archery and hunting.
Arashi
 player, 106 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 05:41
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Arashi hopeful face fell with disappointment and his hopes were dashed further when the man arrived at the camp. After he noticed that the man held no sword and seemed cordial with Wisla, he realized that the man here was likely one of the villagers if not the mayor himself.

As the conversation turned towards him, the monk gave his half-orc friend a puzzled look. As an Aesthetic monk, Arashi owned precious few items himself and most of the weapons he had trained with so long ago belonged with the monastery. Still, he felt that it would only be polite to answer to the best of his ability.

"The blacksmith should be able to fashion up a few clubs and staves in no time, but there is not much I can teach these people in a few weeks. Perhaps how to fire a simple bow with some accuracy or how to swing a weapon efficiently." he rubbed his hairless chin in thought, "I will do what I can, but unless I get more time with them, perhaps Floki would be the best person to help them. These beasts seem simple minded and Floki mentioned hunting. I hear of hunters using snares and other traps to capture prey."
Wisla
 player, 133 posts
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 03:30
Aftermath (0.0.3)
"Well if there are people with the skills to use the swords. Perhaps Arashi you could give them some instruction. You are the best swordsmen in our group. I can lead some people in archery as well. We can do a more detailed plan with the rest of the night. Mr. Mayor would you like an escort home and when would be the best time to start teaching your people?"

Wisla wanted to make sure things were taken care of.
Manofdusk
 GM, 143 posts
 GM Golem
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 06:34
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 he mayor shook his head. "No, thank you. I will be fine. If you could, the best time for training is in the afternoon. Most of our people have fields and animals to tend in the mornings."
Arashi
 player, 107 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 13:47
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Arashi nodded and beamed as he tried and failed to hide his pride. He was no teacher, but if the woman he owed so much to requested it, he would put his all into it. He listened for a few more moments to make sure he was no longer needed before finding a more comfortable position and closing his eyes. He let the rest of the world fade into the distance as he focused on the image of a burning candle, just as the monks taught him so long ago. However, instead of letting the image of the candle fade until nothing was left, he let the flame twist and shape itself; it's flickering reminding him of a past battle.

Not bad, Arashi. Meditate on this fight, we shall go again in the morning.

He remembered it well; he was soundly defeated by his master. He was far too young and new at his weapon but the exercise was to teach humility and to set a clear and defined milestone for the neonate to overcome. The monk let his mind wonder for a moment; perhaps his masters also foresaw his taking up pupils and instilled such a memorable moment within Arashi for a moment such as this. If so, then surely they were more wise than even Arashi had given them credit for.
Tavi
 player, 82 posts
Sat 9 Feb 2019
at 04:23
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Tavi did his best to not move, make a sound, or give any indication that he was anything other than some part of the camp sight. He knew well that the idea of a beast man would send the Mayor into a full-on "burn them to the ground" mindset.