Aftermath (0.0.3)   Posted by Morien.Group: 0
Morien
 GM, 47 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 10:19
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 The sun was beginning to rise as the group made their way out of the remains of the fort.

 There was still the unconscious ogre to deal with, but Tavi had finally reverted to his human form and the goblins set fire to the hag's corpse. The goblins left with their children, leaving only 2 to come back with the group to meet with Morien.

 The 4 children that the village had lost returned with the group as well. Seeing the state Erin was in, Morien clutched the gem clasped around his cloak and she felt an odd sensation of being in two places at once before her old body discorporated and she found herself returned to her normal state.

 He had been resting on a stump but the weariness in his eyes said that he had not slept.


OOC: finish up your 0.0.2 threads and we can start here with dividing up what you looted in any way you see fit.
Erin
 player, 62 posts
 Sister of Light
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 20:59
Aftermath (0.0.3)
"It did not go smoothly," Erin explained, pressing her hands to the sides of her face to ensure she was all really there.
Wisla
 player, 104 posts
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 03:25
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla moved over to the ogre as the other returned, "Is there any reason to try and discuss an alliance with the ogre or shall I send him on peacfully."
Tavi
 player, 67 posts
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 03:44
Aftermath (0.0.3)
TUrning into a monster was always better than turning back. With more meat being added it hurt less the further transformed he became. With turning back there was less and less meat so it hurt more and more. Yet Tavi was back to his pale yet youthfully handsome self. He made a show for the goblins of taking a poke or length of wood, shoving it into the ground, and then planting the Hags head on the stick.

It would serve as a warning for the fort.

When he got back he quickly ran off to one side and started dumping the contents of his stomach out of sight. "I can still taste it! Ignorant crocodile!" He did this for a short while using interesting profane words, some anatomically improbable.
Morien
 GM, 48 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 05:48
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Morien returned to the fort after the fight was over. Looking at the ogre, Morien sighed. "Ogres are valuable allies if you can keep them fed... unless they're runts like this one. It was probably kicked out of its tribe for being too weak. It would be a mercy to kill it and save the townsfolk from its depredations."

 With Rasmus's help, Morien talked the goblins into manning the fort.

 Erin found that all of her body ha returned to her and that, in the light of day, the slime that had been clinging to her had gone inert.

 Once everyone had gathered, Morien addressed the group. "I know that this is sudden, but I will be staying here at the fort for the next five days. There is something I must do here, but I will return to town and meet up with you afterwards.

 Wisla..."


 He motioned for her to step forward. "All of my Valkyr are considered to be generals by right, but you have shown discretion and have taken to your new powers in a way that I feel is becoming of a leader. In addition, your position on the battlefield allows you to take stock of the battle and turn the tides. Therefore, I hereby promote you to Head General."

 Morien offers her a horn. "Blowing this will summon five barbarians to aid you in battle once per day. Consider it your badge of office. Can I count on you to look after the others until my task here is done?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:00, Thu 10 Jan 2019.

Floki
 player, 49 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 19:19
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Coming up from behind Tavi, now more man than before. Floki put a hand on his shoulder "That was quite something little man. I am impressed." Floki smiled widely. From one warrior to the next. Sitting on a rock, gauging the others. Listening to the man that had summoned him from beyond the veil.

"A general huh, one with no army .. not that I need one. I have my hammer and my unwavering faith that one day I will again sit at the table of the gods of old. By whatever means necessary I am certain with our deeds wherever it leads us will see them back in this world and renew it as it was before"

Floki unconsciously rubbed the bracelet that had been his child's. It was not the same, but the runes were still there. Perhaps by fate. In the end, a worthy priest could be found to remove the Hags creations from it and make it whole, as it was before.

"So, Head general .." Where to go from here ? Making it intentionally sound slightly sarcastic
Wisla
 player, 105 posts
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 03:24
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla is a bit stunned by the decision to make her the head general. The idea of the half orc outcast leading seems insane to her. She however just nods, "I will do me best." Taking the Horn she places it across her body where she could quickly reach it if need be.

After the horn is situated she kneels to deal with the ogre speaking softly, "Rest in peace warrior." She uses her power as a Valkyr to send him on. Ending the pain as quickly as possibly.

Upon completion she looks from Morien to the rest of the risen warriors and then to the children with them before walking over and kneeling before them, "How do you feel? Are you hungry thirsty or tired?" Getting an idea of how the children are before she considers whether they leave at once or rest and travel later.
Manofdusk
 GM, 120 posts
 GM Golem
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 11:00
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 The ogre passed quietly and without struggle.


 The children are dirty, weary, and they look at you with tired eyes and they nod quietly, unsure of what exactly they should say. They give frightened sideways glances at Erin, who they watched turn into a walking skeleton and then be revived like nothing had happened. "Yes ma'am. Most of us haven't had anything to eat or drink all day and those cells were too cramped for much sleeping. I think that old lady and the ogres were going to eat us."

 They were afraid, you could see it in their eyes.
Floki
 player, 50 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 11:14
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Floki felt like chipping in, giving the children some tale of old. But, with Erin and Wisla spreading wings to prorect these freightened kids Floki thought the better of himself. For now, anyway ..

So instead he headed over to Tavi, who seemed to be 'himself' "How did you get to be so magnificently cursed ?"
Wisla
 player, 106 posts
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 11:55
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla nods to the children and tries with limit success to be comforting. She reaches into her bag and pulls out the two trail rations she has been carrying for some time and quickly divides them up for the children, "I am very tired as well. Though mine is more an exhaustion of spirit. Lets see if we can find a solution to the food and water problem and then setup for some resting. We can return you home once we are all ready to travel" Staying down with the children she looks over her shoulder and calls out, "Is anyone good at foraging for food and water. Before we can do any trip back to town we need to ensure the children are good to travel."
Floki
 player, 51 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 12:09
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Tavi
Whilst talking to Tavi ..

Wisla
.. turning his head away from the previously crocman, Floki smiles What would they like to eat, fish .. a freshly killed boar. or rabbit feet. I hear they bring good fortune." Being a proficient huntsman as well, which was more or less required for survival up north "Water, is the easiest part. Food might depend on how well they are hidden away. It can take some time."
Arashi
 player, 95 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 43/49 AC:19 Init+6
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 14:45
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Arashi had been at the camp for some time, but spent most of it, as always, out of sight going through meticulous blade maintenance. When he felt that the blade was honed to his liking, he carefully sheathed it and returned to the group in time to hear Wisla's promotion. He was hardly surprised; he had already taken to following her orders already. Still, the promotion required a new level of respect to be given to the Valkyr. He bowed his head in respect as he approached and listened to her address the shortage of food and water. He remembered back at the monastery where meals were plain and lean. The monks had to squeeze every grain from the unforgiving and hard earth. Sometimes, especially after a hard winter followed by defending themselves from a raid, the monastery had to resort to drastic measures to survive.

"I have no experience in hunting or in my past life or in this one. But-" he said, shifting his gaze towards the ogre corpses, "We may already have food for those with few scruples. At least enough for us to last until we return the children."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:14, Fri 11 Jan 2019.

Erin
 player, 63 posts
 Sister of Light
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 18:12
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Erin slid out of her backpack to check for any rations.  She hadn't felt hungry since being revived and not thought to check before.  There was none, but she did note how acid eaten her jacket and skirt had become.  She was beginning to dress as one might think an undead zombie would.

"I haven't anything for them other than water," she replied to Wisla, holding out a full waterskin.  She'd fed many in the past with just as empty a pack, but for now, she was alone.

"We're only four hours from town," she continued, "let's just carry them back to town.  They'll have food there."
Morien
 GM, 49 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 19:34
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 Morien pointed back toward where they had made camp last night. "Whilst we were coming here, I saw a fruit tree. It may not be much, but it should quiet grumbling tummies until you can make it back to town... and the path we took should be fairly easy to follow if you look for dead vegetation."

 The children hesitated for several seconds when Erin offered them two more rations. It seemed almost as though they expected her skeleton to burst out of her skin and grab them... however, hunger won out and the bravest among them took the rations from her.

 The children took the rations but, when Arashi mentioned feeding them ogre meat, stopped mid bite and looked at each other worriedly before staring very hard at the rations they'd been given.

OOC: rolled a 10 on survival, enough to feed one person. Unlike normal, Morien's flaw (killing vegetation) makes the DC to retrace your steps 0 so you won't need to move slowly to get to the tree. With Wisla's and Erins rations, along with the tree, that'll be enough to feed 4 children for 4 hours.
Arashi
 player, 96 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 43/49 AC:19 Init+6
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 21:07
Aftermath (0.0.3)
The undead monk chuckled at the children's reaction. His own laugh sounded almost alien to him. How long had it been since he last laughed? He pushed the thought away before addressing the group.

"Erin once again makes a good point. Perhaps it would simply be best to carry the children to the town. I volunteer myself, as I am mostly unharmed. It would likely be best to have three others, so we each could carry a child while the rest could stay behind and protect our Lord, who can summon us when the task is complete." Arashi paused and turned to Wisla, his undead eyes revealing nothing, "Unless you have any objections, General?"
Tavi
 player, 68 posts
Sat 12 Jan 2019
at 03:37
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Tavi popped his jaw before answering Floki. "Wouldn't give a witch her true name, solid ten years she cursed me every day I would not give her what she wanted. Some curses are bad like the Fauna curse. Others are not so bad like prey always knows where I am." Tavi indicated the ghost ox and the kids. "Other things like Ill kill any colorful bird I see, I can't willfully lie, her ghost bird army. So on and so forth."

He looked to Wisla, "Cheers, may your charge last forever."
Tessa
 player, 45 posts
Sat 12 Jan 2019
at 04:03
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Tessa takes the time to assess each members wounds and proceeds to channel her dark energy to restoring what she can of their wounds. The process is slow, but generally effective. Upon the surprise of Morien leaving she frowns but accepts the change, assuming he has some plan he is working on. "Congratulations Wilsa, a wise choice." She considers the issue of the children. The idea of splitting up doesn't sit well with her. "If we want to take them back now, we should all go. I would point out that most of our magical potential is spent, and that resting will be the only way to retrieve it. Whether we rest and deliver or deliver and rest doesn't matter to me." she says, offering her view.
Floki
 player, 52 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Sun 13 Jan 2019
at 21:41
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Floki heads out while the rest casually discusses what to do.

There was not much time. Nor did Floki use it. With only a flask of water Floki returns and hands it to those children who need it most "I can provide for food and water, yet .. I would need more time to hunt. And to snare beasts and alike. It takes time. Time, we might not have. Though these surroundings now seem safe from any further threats. We should make haste. Lest anger the gods"

If there were any, that was to say. But. Just to be safe
Floki sets himself up against the wall. Feeling still slightly drained from the rage he had experienced awhile ago. It had been a long time since he had felt such a rush of adrenaline

"Anything you need .. I will see if I can find."
Wisla
 player, 108 posts
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 01:13
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla Considers the words of her compatriots. She was about to make the decision to stay when Floki spoke up. If most of the group is up to travel and feels comfortable they can defend themselves getting the children home is the better option. Rather then ask the ready to fight people to carry children she touches the horn. These warrior may feel insulted by this request but they also would add more protection to the children, "Lets get prepared to go. Ill summon our allies to carry the children and provide additional protection while we travel. We will make for the fruit tree and then town hopefully we can find water on the way."

She brings the horn to her lips and blows. Calling the barbarian warriors to her side she speaks as soon as they have fully arrived, "Good morning warriors. I have called you to carry and protect children so that we can get them safely home. Until we return them to there parents there safety will be your primary concern."

She turns to the children and drops down to a knee again, "These Warriors will carry you and protect you . We will have you home before dark."
Morien
 GM, 51 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 05:45
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 The horn rings loud and true. In the morning light, the sound seems to echo far louder and longer than it should have, even if she had blown it gently.

 There was a shimmer in the air nearby as 5 muscled warriors stepped out from nowhere. The process seemed similar to what each of you had gone through, but the portal lingered for a moment longer, bathing each of the warriors in a pale, unearthly light.

 As their bodies coalesced into their final forms, they banged their right hands to their chests in unison and bowed, first to Morien and then to Wisla.


 Morien made a similar gesture before speaking in a language that most of you likely have never heard (anyone who can speak Norsca or who can make an Int check (DC 15) can try to piece together what he said.) while gesturing to Wisla.

 One of them nods. "I am Erikur of Yorvyngald and these are my four brothers. We swore an eternal oath to serve Lord Morien in his quest to save our people."

 However, they all raised eyebrows in unison at Wisla's request. When they looked at Morien, he nodded. "Do as she asks. Our current mission is one meant to garner goodwill. I must acquire Arcanthis before I can restore Valhalla."

 Their faces showed a mix of emotions as their hesitance was covered by a dark cloud, then a nod of grim understanding. "I understand. It will be done, my lord."

 Each of the burly warriors scoops up a child with a smile, while Erikur takes point. They seem ready to depart.
Floki
 player, 53 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 09:46
Aftermath (0.0.3)
OOC: Hadnt gotten a chance to find languages (Int bonus once) Floki, coming out of the north would "probably" speak it, and will have Imperial as his bonus language. So you can talk to the little barbarian *InsertLaughHere*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Floki hadnt seen the strange Master give Wisla such a horn. Not that he would think worse of it. Afterall, it was the choice of a man. The sound the horn made however moved his heart. As if it was alife, once again. It was beautiful. Then .. seeing the warriors take shape Floki gasped. Not that he reckognized one of the five. Still, they wore tattoos and scars only worthy of great warriors. Once children had been lifted, Floki approaches one.

(Norsca) "Have you seen my beautifull Helga. Please say you have. If you go .. back .. tell her I miss her terrible. And that I am sorry I was unable to shield her from the fire .."
Arashi
 player, 98 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 43/49 AC:19 Init+6
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 14:22
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Even the monk felt moved by the magical energies of the horn. Instruments were never of particular interest back at the monastery so he had always felt compelled to listen to the few musicians blessed with the "gift". In his short travels he had heard rumors of the power of music; how the right notes in the right order could perform feats beyond mortal man. It seemed that these rumors were true as these warriors appear from nothing, as if they were drawn to the low, almost mournful sound.

He stood adjacent to the new group as they spoke to his Lord in their foreign tongue and shifted his weight awkwardly as he waited for Wisla to give the order to move out.
Manofdusk
 GM, 121 posts
 GM Golem
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 02:55
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 Erikur looked at Floki with a smile. "I'm sorry, my friend. We dwell on Isla Morta in the land of the dead. None who do not die a warrior's death may enter."
Wisla
 player, 109 posts
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 03:25
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla watches the exchanged with interest. Though she isn't even sure what was said. She feels exhausted and her mind doesn't even register the conversation between the Barbarians and Morien.

Wisla moves up next to  Erikur as the group prepares to depart, "Thank you and your brothers for the Aid. If we have the chance I would desire to hear some of the stories of the battle you have fought in."

After people start to show signs of being ready to move, "Floki please lead the way to the fruit tree. We will get those supplies and then make haste to town. Lets get moving."
Floki
 player, 54 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 08:48
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Floki listened to the Northman Erikur of Yorvyngald. The man had most likely died years before the spark on Odins anvil breathed life in the shell that now was his. Nodding solemly. "Thank you .. kinsman, may one day we all die as warriors so the gates to Vahalla open up. And we can feast at the table of the gods once more" Floki thinking back at the Norsemans words. Perhaps it was because there was not a real fight to die in that had send him to such an empty place. Perhaps this here was a chance at redemption.

Hearing Wisla .. Floki turned "Yes, offcourse .. I shall lead the way." placing his hammer at his side Floki motioned to the others to follow up

"Do not wander, keep your eyes sharp. There might not be a goblin today that attacks us. But there still are many beasts in the wild"
Tavi
 player, 70 posts
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 17:32
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Tavi put his arm around Floki as they walked, "You will see her again, keep bright the fire of hope as it will burn away the dark. Keeping her close to your thoughts may even make bright your path given time." Hopefully a cheer Tavi went back to distracting kids with witty stories.
Floki
 player, 55 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Wed 16 Jan 2019
at 09:54
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Not being used to have a hand on his shoulder Floki flinched for a moment, though seeing it was the 'man-sized' version of Tavi he relaxed soon after. "Thank you Tavi, my friend. I shall certainly keep these words at heart" thinking, that .. "Close enough, to where my beating heart once was"

"How was that hags head, any ..?" Floki asked with mild amused intrest.
Tavi
 player, 71 posts
Thu 17 Jan 2019
at 04:59
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Tavi shrugged, "Tastes like baby powder and bad meat. Slight undertones of fungi. All in all I do not encourage eating a hag but that was the crocodile. Curse is a curse, is a curse."
Manofdusk
 GM, 122 posts
 GM Golem
Fri 18 Jan 2019
at 01:40
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 Erikur nods, motioning for Floki to take the lead. "Very well. I suppose I'll tell you about the Great War. Most people seem to have forgotten about it by now.

 When the Frost Demons first invaded, our village was one of the first to be destroyed. There weren't that many at the time so most of the villagers managed to escape... but, with each attack, the enemy's numbers grew. My brothers and I were forced to flee from village to village to escape the advancing horde.

 I was eleven at the time. Broggy was 10, Van was 8, and the twins were 4. We ended up fleeing south with a train of Norscan refugees and we stayed in the cities for ten years before we heard rumors of the Frost Lord of the North, driving the demons back.

 We had nothing tying us to the city, so we made our way back north and that was the first time we met Morien. He had already build a small fort city and many Norscans had already begun to rally under his banner. Van and the twins stayed behind for the first 4 years of the war, but I was trained and sent into battle.

 Our enemies were creatures of cold, claws, and fangs. They fought viciously and, I'll admit, I was killed in my very first fight against them... but then I heard a voice calling out to me to return and I woke up back at camp. After that, all my fear was gone. I was still killed several times... but, each time, I learned a little more and soon I was standing shoulder to shoulder with the veterans.

 We cut through our enemies and, town by ruined town, we retook our homeland. However, about midway through the war, I was taken out of active combat. One of the Valkyr found me teaching my brothers how to fight and put me in charge of training the new recruits."

Arashi
 player, 99 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 43/49 AC:19 Init+6
Fri 18 Jan 2019
at 17:21
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Arashi strolled with the group letting his guard down as he silently smiled to himself. He was certain that he could handle anything in these woods and the norsemen's foreign chatter reminded him of the monks and their parables. While Common was the language spoken at his monastery, the monks tended to have their teachings be so cryptic as to be a language in its own right; a language Arashi never quite grew fluent in.

Still, it was nice to be among his own kind, even if there was a language barrier. Arashi had a feeling that people like Floki and himself communicated best when they let their weapons of choice do the talking.
Manofdusk
 GM, 123 posts
 GM Golem
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 05:14
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 The group found the fruit tree and, after a few minutes of scavenging, had enough food for the kids to eat on the way home. The burly one of the group, Broggy, picked up where Erikur left off. "We fought hard during the war. Many of us clashed with the Imperials, who had claimed the north as their land but did nothing to drive the monsters away.

 However, once peace had returned to certain regions, the Imperials wanted to come back in and claim 'right to rule'. It almost turned into a war on two fronts... and probably would have if the Old Lady hadn't shown up and claimed our southern border as her own. Despite our complaints, Morien gave the Old Lady that territory and we focused all of our forces on the frost demons to the east.

  and then, one night we found their main army. All of their forces that we had routed time and again, gathered in one place. Each and every one of us sang as we marched into battle that day... and we made them pay. For every drop of blood they spilled, for every soul they took, for every house they burned, we made them pay.

  and, at the crack of dawn, we saw it in their eyes. Fear. We had won the day and we chased them all the way to their hellspawn pit."


"We set up guard at the portal and, for a time, there was peace... but peace brought with it its own problems. Our soldiers started to get restless. Immortal warriors with no one to fight? It is a recipe for disaster... so Morien contacted all of the soldiers who still felt the urge to fight and bound them to these magical horns to give as gifts to those he wished to curry favor with.

  and so many of us were away when Morien was betrayed. The Old Lady's daughter sought to marry Morien and stage a coup', but was declined... so she wooed Arngyr, one of our greatest warriors, instead. However, that was just the opening the Frost Demons had been waiting for. They struck while Arngyr was in the middle of his coup and the Blackfrost Citadel was overrun, Valhalla was destroyed, and all of us that remained were slain."


  and so it was that, on that somber note, the town came into view.
Tavi
 player, 72 posts
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 05:43
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Talk of an old woman with daughters triggered Tavi's caution but it was something to note. It was also to note their leader was on good terms with her. Given that situation, it would be important later to identify this person.

Tavi clacked his teeth, "Hell is a far cry worse than anything we can come up with on such short notice. People given so hard a time eventually want to give a little back. A place people eventually air out the creative suffering they have such unfettered access to."

He pulled out a single coin and thumped it before he put it to his hear to hear its ring. "Suns getting close enough to be trouble. If I turn into a frog man mid city they will kill me. Best I set up camp out here."
Floki
 player, 56 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 11:21
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Floki had been silent for most of the journey, even when they had reached the tree to feed the children. The story the Northmen had summoned. Gave him conflicting emotions that send his mind in a turmoil between sadness and anger. ["Valhalla .. destroyed ?"]
the very idea of such a thing was incomprehensible. the gods would not allow it. Floki shook his head violently

"No .. no, I cannot believe this to be true. The gods themselves would not wish it. Even Loki would not see the halls in ruin." Floki willed it not to be true, but evidence had been there as well. Unless of course if he had not died a warriors death then. Still ["There has to be some explanation for all of this. I have returned, although not quite the former self. I am here. It is because the gods wanted it. This Morien, is a servant of Odin. Yes. That it must be. I have been summoned to restore Vahalla. Yes, it is not destroyed. It is damaged. Yes yes. The door is blocked. I will be a legend and reopen it for all to enter as it was once done."]

Floki felt a rage build that he had experienced fighting the Hag, yet. it was insufficient to release. And besides to whom release it. These here were his companions. Some friends. others not so much. Yet

"What should we do next, who will bring these children into town ?"

Floki looked towards their leader
Wisla
 player, 110 posts
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 12:49
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla listens to the story as they travel intrigued by the fact the monsters are lead by someone with intelligence. They leaders must be the frost demons. She considered the next move carfully. She had planned to share her story in return. Deciding that was still a priority to share was a kind of bonding, "Tavi if you belive it is best to make camp here please do so. We will all return after the children are safely returned."

She motions for the rest of the group to continue and she begins her own story, "In return for your story I should share my own. I spent my youth mastering the bow of my fathers people. When the chaos beasts came my village was not prepared. I fought at first using bow and magic agaisnt the monsters but I quickly saw there was no chance. So many children were scared and hiding. I gathered them up and we fled to the walled city. Beliving the walls would protect us as the had against the raids of my fathers people. We were of course wrong. I fell when the walls were overcame the littlest of the children standing behind me as I killed as many of the beasts as I could bring down."
Tavi
 player, 73 posts
Wed 23 Jan 2019
at 04:21
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Tavi flinched a bit at Floki's talk about gods. He didn't know the language but he knew the meaning of some things. "Angels still get dragged to hell, succubi still reform their ways and atone, and gods still die. They are still men and women who have passion, fear, and morality."

"Aim your faith on who they are more than the fact they are gods. There are times when even they are powerless, and you have to count on others. Trust me on that one. Loki may not want to see the halls burn, but he may have had no power to change it."


He gave Wisla a bow and started setting up any place he could get shade. It was always dangerous shackling yourself but the last thing anyone needed was a giant man-beast ruining things. "If you would like to bet as to what I turn into tonight, place your bets now before you leave and put up your coin." He stuck out his two toned tongue as he sat down and started writing words around him in the soil.
Floki
 player, 57 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Wed 23 Jan 2019
at 19:39
Aftermath (0.0.3)
The words of Tavi, though his ears heard them. His dead heart did only feel a part of it. Yet it was true. Perhaps in some unholy alliance the gates of hell had openend and even if the gods were immortal. So would these that came from the gates. Nullifying each. It would probably have been a glorious battle. To the end. Floki did take comfort in such.

"Perhaps then .." slapping the now still human shaped man on his shoulder ".. it is up to us to become the new gods and spread our tales across this world that those who die in battle may sit at our table and drink and fight everyday till we are again be called to do battle."

Smiling woofully

"If there was a chanxe I could win this bet I would wager all my gold. But alas, I know not how your curse works. My .. acursed friend. Perhaps one day I will wager gold on that I may know what form you will be held in."

Listening to Wisla "You would have made a fine shieldmaiden, as was Helga. I can hear it from your tales. You may think less of me. As I hail from a different line of men. But perhaps one of these days you will let me raise my hammer beside you." If Tavi decided to set up camp. Floki would remain with him
Manofdusk
 GM, 124 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 23 Jan 2019
at 23:44
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 Erikur nodded and placed his hand on Wisla's shoulder. "I agree. Your story mirrors many of the brave women who sacrificed themselves in our youth. Fighting and dying to protect the next generation, there is no more honourable death than that."

 Broggy smiled. "That's the plan. Our first job as Einherjar will be to restore Valhalla and give those who died in battle a place to rest... then, the real battle resumes once more!"

 Leaving Tavi (and Floki) behind, the group finally manages to enter town, where children are met by their worried parents in tearful embraces. The group are met by smiling faces now, a stark contrast to the welcome they had recieved previously.

 "Thank you! You adventurers have done us a great service! How ever can we repay you?"

 Erikur leans in a little close to Wisla and whispers. "Morien's going to want to use the fort we cleared out and, if I were to guess, the mines too."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:45, Wed 23 Jan 2019.

Wisla
 player, 112 posts
Fri 25 Jan 2019
at 04:07
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla considers for a long moment and decides this is the moment that making a move on capitalizing on this high of thankfulness. She wanted to try and bring the village into a stronger alliance. The mine and Fort would be better if these people were willing to help them even more. Wisla considers and decides to take the risk. It is better to be honest and create a lasting alliance then be secretive and have the village turn on them later, "Well, I would love to discuss how we can help each other. There is much going on in the world right now. Perils that must be discussed. I will have my allies return to our camp and then ill join your leaders so we might discuss the situation in greater detail."

After letting the words hang for a moment she turns and removes her backpack putting her quiver into it. Handing the backpack and hornbow to Arashi, "Please take this and keep it safe for me."

She turns to Tessa, "I want you to take our group back to the camp with Floki and Tavi. I am going to discuss the entire situation with our friends here. You can keep our little troop moving against our enemies. Keep an eye out for Chaos beasts or other monsters that might threaten the village. If for some reason I have not returned by dawn. Act as you see fit."

She turns to Erikur, Broggy, Van, and the twins "Thank you and your brothers for the aid in returning the children. Please go with Tessa and then return to your home until I need you once more."
Arashi
 player, 101 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 43/49 AC:19 Init+6
Fri 25 Jan 2019
at 18:44
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Arashi nodded as he took Wisla's things.

If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down.

The monk had taken the saying a little too literally and was used to carrying almost nothing at all. The added weight put him off balance for a few moments, a his brow furrowed in annoyance as he had to adjust his stance to compensate. He hopped a few times while throwing out a few shadow punches to feel how the baggage moved to disrupt his martial art. After he made a few minor adjustments he looked to Tessa and waiting for her to begin the walk back.
Floki
 player, 58 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Fri 25 Jan 2019
at 19:05
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Floki had yet to speak, but the northman was rather one of action then words. Words were for politicians, nobles and kings and queens that would squable over those that they ruled. To fight, rather .. to fight till death was his way. But now dead. And his world in shambles it was important to make priorities. And the first one was to live. Yes, even in death life had meaning.

"As you wish .." adding with a smile ".. high general." chuckling softly

Heading towards Tavi "Let us make camp my accursed friend, the children will be safe with her."

Looking towards the monk. With or without a weapon. There would be a day he would fight besides this strange man from the east
Manofdusk
 GM, 125 posts
 GM Golem
Sat 26 Jan 2019
at 08:58
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 The man looked at Wisla quizzically but nodded and sent a few of the other villagers off to gather the people of importance in the town.

 Meanwhile, Erikur and the others led the rest of the group back to where Tavi had decided to make camp.

OOC: we're continuing in this thread for the rest of the group. This is downtime to level up, learn about one another, have conversations, and do stuff that you might want to do (assuming the negotiation goes well :P)
Tessa
 player, 46 posts
Sun 27 Jan 2019
at 02:15
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Once back at camp Tessa strikes up a convsersation with the others. "Hopefully the negotiations go well. I suspect our new leader will handle things appropriately. Now that we have a bit to rest perhaps we could learn a bit more about each other? As you have probably surmised, I practice the arcane arts, specifically those that deal with shadow, fear, negative energy, and necromancy. In life I was often the outcast, since most people consider this skill set to be one of evil. To be fair, these skills appeal to many with malice on their minds but I have chosen only to apply the arts for self preservation and the preservation of others. That was how I died, defending those who whispered discontent behind my back. But the gods have decided I am not quite done on this plane. How about yourselves? What motivated you all to come back?" she asks.
Floki
 player, 59 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Sun 27 Jan 2019
at 07:31
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Floki had gathered some dead wood and started a fire, more out of habit then that his dead corps needed heat. It was cold to the touch. Yet he felt no cold. It was getting used to. To all these new feelings. Sitting down

"Used to be a simple huntsmen back in the days" chewing of some dead meat ".. partially a smithy, though more to build traps to catch these s***ers. But I had always been an outcast. my heritage brewn in a melting pot of some dark elves that had done some violent stuff"

Floki then smiled, he had done his share "But, so are things in the north. The reason Im now back is to hunt those that signed a blood contract to keep me buried and burned to death. unfortunately for them. I am no longer burried"
Arashi
 player, 103 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 43/49 AC:21 Init+6
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 19:44
Aftermath (0.0.3)
When he reached the makeshift camp the oriental saw that nothing had to be done immediately and found a place to sit and care for his weapon. He had set Wisla's things down gingerly, taking care not to disturb anything inside before turning to his blade. Even now it wished to cry out, but the monk placed a finger on the blade to dull its shrill song. After a few more moments to retrieve his whetstone, he returned to the repetitive and careful honing of his weapon. Something familiar in these unfamiliar times.

When he heard Tessa speak, he paused to look at her but quickly returned to his sharpening as she told her story. He somberly listened as she wove her tragic tale and cursed himself for having assumed her character. To think that a person who delved in deeper magics had far more character than he gave Arashi pause. He let her question hang in the air as he contemplated his new findings, letting the viking speak. He learned that the man was after vengeance.

The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.

Arashi doubted the man would heed the words of a (likely) long dead monk, so he kept his parables to himself. He realized, however, that it was his turn to share. He pocketed his whetstone as he brought his full attention to the group. His voice was measured as he carefully recounted his past. "I was born in the monastery of Qu'len where I was raised for most of my life. As part of our duties, we trained with a variety of weapons and learned many styles that were passed down from the masters. One day, I defeated my masters and left the monastery to learn from the other masters the world has to offer and to one day develop the perfect martial art." He paused, as he lowered his head in shame. "Unfortunately my adventure did not last very long. I stopped by a city as was slain as I slept. I assume a thief snuck into my room in the middle of the night. I remember an open door and the pain at my neck, not much more."

"Now I am here." As he finished, his hand fumbled in his pocket for his whetstone and he returned to his long task.
Tavi
 player, 78 posts
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 20:14
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Tavi was content to flop over onto his back and just relax now that he was all chained up. When Tessa mentioned she worked the more rare magics he pointed at her, "I like you, it takes a lot of bravery to learn that field of magic. Too many people are scared of the stigma that comes with it."

"You must be one hell of a master yourself Arashi. I would strongly encourage you to take up a student. When a man has learned all that may be taught to him, the only way he may learn more is to teach others. I think you would make a well disciplined and grand teacher. Think on it mate."

"Floki, is it true what they say that a smiths hammer hand will have a large forarm and his tong hand will have a large bicep? There was talk that all gods of smithing are deformed because as a smith you grow differing muscles out of proportion as time goes on. Never figured that one out to be true."

He shrugged, "I, myself, am a Nephilim. Half Angel and devil born outside of the material. Sold to the Emerald witch who had her eyes set on the winter throne. She made me tend the peacocks growing up which is why we hate eachother so much. Her spirit peacocks collect on the other side, waiting for me so I accepted to get away from them."

"She wanted me to say her name with the words of gods and old evils. Something that I wont do, so cursed boy travels and dies chained up at Tessa's pyer by a silver arrow."

Floki
 player, 61 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 22:59
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Floki watched both men musing. Pointing the hammer front-end towards Tavi. Smiling "Yes friend, some of the lesser gods who blessed the first smith that forged axes, swords and .." raising his hammer ".. hammers, were deformed yes. Then the dwarves came. Their hands and muscles created for these tasks. I knew one. Alas a drunk cut of his beard and so he lost his skills. And well .. you might guess what happens to a dwarf that can no longer forge iron into a master piece. Hmm. I was a smith, of sort in the days. Hunting in the autumn. Pillaging in the summers. Those were the good days."

Laying back against a tree "Half breed then huh, a cursed half-breed. we could have been brothers then. If I had known of you, you would be welcome in my house any day. To join me in a hunt. Pillage and sack riches. Fight for glory and to die in battle"
Arashi
 player, 104 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 43/49 AC:21 Init+6
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 22:08
Aftermath (0.0.3)
As the were-monster gave out his compliments, a shy smile crept onto the (un)dead monk's face for what felt like the first time in a long time. While he felt that there was so much more to learn before he took on a disciple, he was flattered that Tavi thought so well of him. Although his was distracted by the flattery, Arashi was sure to listen to the other compliments as well; he was unused to speaking with people who were so unlike him and he was certain that his sheltered life in the monastery would lead to some difficulties bonding with the rest of this... horde.

He turned his back to the group when Tavi began to speak his nonsense to prevent the scraping sounds from interrupting the man's(?) unintelligible story. So he was a creature born from beings both evil and good and sold to a witch of gems? Did he hear a mention of a seasonal throne and peacocks? Surely he didn't mean the bird. Arashi shook his head; not in disbelief, but in utter confusion. Instead of focusing on his confusion, he let his mind wander to his true calling; the Art of the Blade.
Wisla
 player, 128 posts
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 04:42
Aftermath (0.0.3)
--> From Negotiation

Wisla works her way back to the camp. Her face shows frustration clearly her negotiation did not go as she had hoped.
Manofdusk
 GM, 137 posts
 GM Golem
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 06:02
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 When Wisla returned, she found the group chatting (by the fireside? I'll let you guys choose if there's a fire or not) and dusk was still a few hours off. There was still time to bet tonight what Tavi was going to turn into for the night.
Wisla
 player, 129 posts
Sat 2 Feb 2019
at 03:46
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla looks around, "Well that did not go as well as I had hoped. The Imperial officer of the town was being a hard nose. I promised a bill to the Emperor for our help with protecting the town, saving the children and reclaiming an important Imperial Asset that was the fort. We are holding the fort as Collateral until we can come to a fair agreement. Ultimately id prefer a lease until the chaos beasts are defeated in lieu of payment. Perhaps someone a little more diplomatic can deliver the bill. It should be high but reasonable." She fills in the others on most of the details about the discussion and where things broke down, "I do not know if the Mayor will actually take us up on training but we will help the town and damn the Officer."
Tavi
 player, 79 posts
Sat 2 Feb 2019
at 05:08
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Tavi looked up from his spot chained on the ground. "Please do me a favor and keep the monk with you during negotiations as a body guard. The normal people will see it and as it is common for leadership to have guards it will force their minds into the mode of negotiations and help you in the long run."

"And it will keep you safe. But in any case, you can use small things like that to anchor 'business as usual' in their minds. In the world, as it is they would almost hunger for it and you can use that to your advantage."

"But the fact you came out with your head still attached speaks to the fact your did very well. Most places would have burned you alive the moment they found out you are not exactly alive. Yah did good Wisla, its another step in the right direction."

Arashi
 player, 105 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Sat 2 Feb 2019
at 22:13
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Arashi was checking his blade's sharpness as Wisla came into view. Satisfied with his work, he put the blade away and turned to acknowledge Wisla's arrival. He listened as she and Tavi spoke. The monk nodded when Tavi recommend an armed escort. However the idea of a foreign warrior piqued his interest.

"This officer..." the monk started, "Is he a warrior of some kind? Do you know if he is skilled?" he tried but could not hide his curiosity and eagerness to meet and duel another great warrior.
Erin
 player, 66 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 20/49
Sun 3 Feb 2019
at 18:33
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Erin was disgusted this new general of the Dread Lord's sought personal gain over the lives of those still in jeopardy.  They couldn't just camp out negotiating for gold while people were dying!

The woman stalked off into the night to cool off.
Tavi
 player, 80 posts
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 05:01
Aftermath (0.0.3)
The time had come like punctuation on the idea of why Tavi always chained himself up. He started spewing profanity so vile that it would be easy to wonder where exactly he learned such curse words. He grew in size but as last time he grew scales, this time it was fur and fluff. He kept growing and growing until he looked like a giant loaf of fur.

He rolled over and looked supremely unhappy as he had turned into a Dire Were Corgi for the night. Floppy ears and all he was still trim but even with thumbs his legs would be too short to really be intimidating. "Really curse? A were mount to the Fey? Dragons, giant animals, even crazy insane things. But noooooo. You gotta turn me into a fluffy dwarf werehound..."
Manofdusk
 GM, 139 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 03:20
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 Night had fallen like a blanket over the group of warriors and the dog-couch. About an hour after sunset, the mayor approached the camp they had made, the caution he displayed clear in the firelight.

 "Hello again."

 He inclines his head. "I have good news, Frederick has decided to let you use the fort as you see fit in return for your offer to help train us."
Wisla
 player, 132 posts
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 03:28
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla considered the questions of Arashi, "He carried a short sword and seemed comfortable in its use. He is most likely a warrior of some kind. He did not however impress me."


Wisla rose when she heard the mayor apporach. Looking at them man with a smile, "Thank you for coming." She smiles to herself at the mans response, "That sounds like a decent start. Perhaps we can build further trust during the training."

Wisla looks over at Arashi and then back to the mayor, "What type of weapons do you have access to train with? So we can how to help."
Manofdusk
 GM, 142 posts
 GM Golem
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 04:59
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 The mayor looks back at the village. We have some swords, but most of us have modified farm weapons from the blacksmith. We have bows and have some experience with archery and hunting.
Arashi
 player, 106 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 05:41
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Arashi hopeful face fell with disappointment and his hopes were dashed further when the man arrived at the camp. After he noticed that the man held no sword and seemed cordial with Wisla, he realized that the man here was likely one of the villagers if not the mayor himself.

As the conversation turned towards him, the monk gave his half-orc friend a puzzled look. As an Aesthetic monk, Arashi owned precious few items himself and most of the weapons he had trained with so long ago belonged with the monastery. Still, he felt that it would only be polite to answer to the best of his ability.

"The blacksmith should be able to fashion up a few clubs and staves in no time, but there is not much I can teach these people in a few weeks. Perhaps how to fire a simple bow with some accuracy or how to swing a weapon efficiently." he rubbed his hairless chin in thought, "I will do what I can, but unless I get more time with them, perhaps Floki would be the best person to help them. These beasts seem simple minded and Floki mentioned hunting. I hear of hunters using snares and other traps to capture prey."
Wisla
 player, 133 posts
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 03:30
Aftermath (0.0.3)
"Well if there are people with the skills to use the swords. Perhaps Arashi you could give them some instruction. You are the best swordsmen in our group. I can lead some people in archery as well. We can do a more detailed plan with the rest of the night. Mr. Mayor would you like an escort home and when would be the best time to start teaching your people?"

Wisla wanted to make sure things were taken care of.
Manofdusk
 GM, 143 posts
 GM Golem
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 06:34
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 he mayor shook his head. "No, thank you. I will be fine. If you could, the best time for training is in the afternoon. Most of our people have fields and animals to tend in the mornings."
Arashi
 player, 107 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 13:47
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Arashi nodded and beamed as he tried and failed to hide his pride. He was no teacher, but if the woman he owed so much to requested it, he would put his all into it. He listened for a few more moments to make sure he was no longer needed before finding a more comfortable position and closing his eyes. He let the rest of the world fade into the distance as he focused on the image of a burning candle, just as the monks taught him so long ago. However, instead of letting the image of the candle fade until nothing was left, he let the flame twist and shape itself; it's flickering reminding him of a past battle.

Not bad, Arashi. Meditate on this fight, we shall go again in the morning.

He remembered it well; he was soundly defeated by his master. He was far too young and new at his weapon but the exercise was to teach humility and to set a clear and defined milestone for the neonate to overcome. The monk let his mind wonder for a moment; perhaps his masters also foresaw his taking up pupils and instilled such a memorable moment within Arashi for a moment such as this. If so, then surely they were more wise than even Arashi had given them credit for.
Tavi
 player, 82 posts
Sat 9 Feb 2019
at 04:23
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Tavi did his best to not move, make a sound, or give any indication that he was anything other than some part of the camp sight. He knew well that the idea of a beast man would send the Mayor into a full-on "burn them to the ground" mindset.