Aftermath (0.0.3)   Posted by Morien.Group: 0
Morien
 GM, 47 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 10:19
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 The sun was beginning to rise as the group made their way out of the remains of the fort.

 There was still the unconscious ogre to deal with, but Tavi had finally reverted to his human form and the goblins set fire to the hag's corpse. The goblins left with their children, leaving only 2 to come back with the group to meet with Morien.

 The 4 children that the village had lost returned with the group as well. Seeing the state Erin was in, Morien clutched the gem clasped around his cloak and she felt an odd sensation of being in two places at once before her old body discorporated and she found herself returned to her normal state.

 He had been resting on a stump but the weariness in his eyes said that he had not slept.


OOC: finish up your 0.0.2 threads and we can start here with dividing up what you looted in any way you see fit.
Erin
 player, 62 posts
 Sister of Light
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 20:59
Aftermath (0.0.3)
"It did not go smoothly," Erin explained, pressing her hands to the sides of her face to ensure she was all really there.
Wisla
 player, 104 posts
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 03:25
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla moved over to the ogre as the other returned, "Is there any reason to try and discuss an alliance with the ogre or shall I send him on peacfully."
Tavi
 player, 67 posts
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 03:44
Aftermath (0.0.3)
TUrning into a monster was always better than turning back. With more meat being added it hurt less the further transformed he became. With turning back there was less and less meat so it hurt more and more. Yet Tavi was back to his pale yet youthfully handsome self. He made a show for the goblins of taking a poke or length of wood, shoving it into the ground, and then planting the Hags head on the stick.

It would serve as a warning for the fort.

When he got back he quickly ran off to one side and started dumping the contents of his stomach out of sight. "I can still taste it! Ignorant crocodile!" He did this for a short while using interesting profane words, some anatomically improbable.
Morien
 GM, 48 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 05:48
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Morien returned to the fort after the fight was over. Looking at the ogre, Morien sighed. "Ogres are valuable allies if you can keep them fed... unless they're runts like this one. It was probably kicked out of its tribe for being too weak. It would be a mercy to kill it and save the townsfolk from its depredations."

 With Rasmus's help, Morien talked the goblins into manning the fort.

 Erin found that all of her body ha returned to her and that, in the light of day, the slime that had been clinging to her had gone inert.

 Once everyone had gathered, Morien addressed the group. "I know that this is sudden, but I will be staying here at the fort for the next five days. There is something I must do here, but I will return to town and meet up with you afterwards.

 Wisla..."


 He motioned for her to step forward. "All of my Valkyr are considered to be generals by right, but you have shown discretion and have taken to your new powers in a way that I feel is becoming of a leader. In addition, your position on the battlefield allows you to take stock of the battle and turn the tides. Therefore, I hereby promote you to Head General."

 Morien offers her a horn. "Blowing this will summon five barbarians to aid you in battle once per day. Consider it your badge of office. Can I count on you to look after the others until my task here is done?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:00, Thu 10 Jan.

Floki
 player, 49 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 19:19
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Coming up from behind Tavi, now more man than before. Floki put a hand on his shoulder "That was quite something little man. I am impressed." Floki smiled widely. From one warrior to the next. Sitting on a rock, gauging the others. Listening to the man that had summoned him from beyond the veil.

"A general huh, one with no army .. not that I need one. I have my hammer and my unwavering faith that one day I will again sit at the table of the gods of old. By whatever means necessary I am certain with our deeds wherever it leads us will see them back in this world and renew it as it was before"

Floki unconsciously rubbed the bracelet that had been his child's. It was not the same, but the runes were still there. Perhaps by fate. In the end, a worthy priest could be found to remove the Hags creations from it and make it whole, as it was before.

"So, Head general .." Where to go from here ? Making it intentionally sound slightly sarcastic
Wisla
 player, 105 posts
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 03:24
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla is a bit stunned by the decision to make her the head general. The idea of the half orc outcast leading seems insane to her. She however just nods, "I will do me best." Taking the Horn she places it across her body where she could quickly reach it if need be.

After the horn is situated she kneels to deal with the ogre speaking softly, "Rest in peace warrior." She uses her power as a Valkyr to send him on. Ending the pain as quickly as possibly.

Upon completion she looks from Morien to the rest of the risen warriors and then to the children with them before walking over and kneeling before them, "How do you feel? Are you hungry thirsty or tired?" Getting an idea of how the children are before she considers whether they leave at once or rest and travel later.
Manofdusk
 GM, 120 posts
 GM Golem
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 11:00
Aftermath (0.0.3)
 The ogre passed quietly and without struggle.


 The children are dirty, weary, and they look at you with tired eyes and they nod quietly, unsure of what exactly they should say. They give frightened sideways glances at Erin, who they watched turn into a walking skeleton and then be revived like nothing had happened. "Yes ma'am. Most of us haven't had anything to eat or drink all day and those cells were too cramped for much sleeping. I think that old lady and the ogres were going to eat us."

 They were afraid, you could see it in their eyes.
Floki
 player, 50 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 11:14
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Floki felt like chipping in, giving the children some tale of old. But, with Erin and Wisla spreading wings to prorect these freightened kids Floki thought the better of himself. For now, anyway ..

So instead he headed over to Tavi, who seemed to be 'himself' "How did you get to be so magnificently cursed ?"
Wisla
 player, 106 posts
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 11:55
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Wisla nods to the children and tries with limit success to be comforting. She reaches into her bag and pulls out the two trail rations she has been carrying for some time and quickly divides them up for the children, "I am very tired as well. Though mine is more an exhaustion of spirit. Lets see if we can find a solution to the food and water problem and then setup for some resting. We can return you home once we are all ready to travel" Staying down with the children she looks over her shoulder and calls out, "Is anyone good at foraging for food and water. Before we can do any trip back to town we need to ensure the children are good to travel."
Floki
 player, 51 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 12:09
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Tavi
Whilst talking to Tavi ..

Wisla
.. turning his head away from the previously crocman, Floki smiles What would they like to eat, fish .. a freshly killed boar. or rabbit feet. I hear they bring good fortune." Being a proficient huntsman as well, which was more or less required for survival up north "Water, is the easiest part. Food might depend on how well they are hidden away. It can take some time."
Arashi
 player, 95 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 43/49 AC:19 Init+6
Fri 11 Jan 2019
at 14:45
Aftermath (0.0.3)
Arashi had been at the camp for some time, but spent most of it, as always, out of sight going through meticulous blade maintenance. When he felt that the blade was honed to his liking, he carefully sheathed it and returned to the group in time to hear Wisla's promotion. He was hardly surprised; he had already taken to following her orders already. Still, the promotion required a new level of respect to be given to the Valkyr. He bowed his head in respect as he approached and listened to her address the shortage of food and water. He remembered back at the monastery where meals were plain and lean. The monks had to squeeze every grain from the unforgiving and hard earth. Sometimes, especially after a hard winter followed by defending themselves from a raid, the monastery had to resort to drastic measures to survive.

"I have no experience in hunting or in my past life or in this one. But-" he said, shifting his gaze towards the ogre corpses, "We may already have food for those with few scruples. At least enough for us to last until we return the children."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:14, Fri 11 Jan.