Negotiations (0.0.3b)   Posted by Manofdusk.Group: 0
Manofdusk
 GM, 126 posts
 GM Golem
Sat 26 Jan 2019
at 09:04
Negotiations (0.0.3b)
 The man led Wisla to a house and knocked on the door. After a minute, an old man answered. The man with you took off his hat. "I'm sorry to disturb you, Mayor, but this woman and her group of adventurers saved our children from the witch at the fort and has asked to speak with you.

 I had someone go and summon Fredrick as well"


 The old man looked at Wisla with a raised eyebrow and motioned for her to come inside and the man from before took his leave. The Mayor offered you a seat. "It seems this town owes you some thanks. I'll go get some tea ready while Frederick arrives. Then we can discuss whatever it is you need."
Wisla
 player, 116 posts
Sat 26 Jan 2019
at 17:03
Negotiations (0.0.3b)
Wisla smiles at the guide, "Thank you for your help."

Entering the room when Invited she takes the seat offered trying to put her words into the correct order. Knowing that she has to explain it as best she can starting with what happened to her village and Arelisia, "No thank you on the tea. I am Wisla from the village of Prembroke. I want to start by explaining the situation that brought us into the area of your town. Im going to do it from what I have seen before going through what I've been told."

Once Fredric arrives she decides to go back over the previous statement again deciding that the young officer probably needs the same prep for the story, "About a week and a half ago. Monstrous humanlike things attacked my village. They looked much like the things that my group fought just outside of your town. They slaughtered anyone, women and children as well, they butchered most and tortured some. The reveled in the chaos and destruction they wrought. I gathered children and fled to Arelisia as was normal when the orcs threatened our homes. The monsters came there next. They threw themselves against the walls and eventually overwhelmed us. Arelisisa is gone, and everyone within the walls including myself are dead." She pauses allowing everyone in the room to consider what that means, "A few days later I awoke as I am now. Undead but still myself. Those I travel with and myself came here running for almost 3 days chasing down the monsters sent to destroy this town." She pauses once more to allow initial reaction to this Revelation.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:15, Sun 27 Jan.

Manofdusk
 GM, 128 posts
 GM Golem
Sun 27 Jan 2019
at 04:37
Negotiations (0.0.3b)
 The Mayor had you wait until Frederick arrived and, when he did, it was in the full regalia of an Imperial officer. Each town has one to whom the mayor answers. It was the Empire's way of keeping everything running smoothly (though some say it was to keep an eye out for dissent).

 The Mayor served tea to Frederick as Wisla began her tale.
Manofdusk
 GM, 129 posts
 GM Golem
Sun 27 Jan 2019
at 07:10
Negotiations (0.0.3b)
 Frederick glanced sideways at the Mayor, who had begun to look a bit nervous. "So, Prembroke and Arelisia have fallen then. I'll need to report this to my superiors. The force that attacked outside wasn't a large one, meaning that there is still a marauding mob within our borders."

 His words are measured and even, betraying nothing. "And you, young lady. You said that you died and are now an Undead. Do you know who profaned your spirit thusly? If you help us find him, perhaps we can free you from your accursed state and allow your spirit to find rest."
Wisla
 player, 119 posts
Sun 27 Jan 2019
at 08:59
Negotiations (0.0.3b)
Wisla listens to his words and considers, "There are probably more villages that have fallen already. We tracked the force from Arelisa to where it broke apart into almost a dozen groups and we chose to come here since it was the closest village. We ran, yes I mean ran, for nearly 2 days to get here in time. That means by now the other groups headed to other villages have reached them. Getting a message out at this point may be difficult." Providing the officer a bit more information.

As he starts to talk down to her the half orc grins. It isn't the nice kinda grin its one that sends people running for swords. A skill quite common among half orcs, "There is no rest in the afterlife. Its a grey field of nothing. I was offered a chance to return to help stop these monsters and that's what I am here to do. If you need to get a message out you really should take it yourself. You are more likely to be able to fight through if something goes wrong on the way. My mission is to defeat the forces of chaos. Ultimilty I cant keep my people here to defend a single town." She gives a tiny apologetic glance to the mayor and speaks to him, "I want to help and I have about four days to do so. We recaptured the Fort from the hag." She looks between the two men, "I would like permission to use it and the mines to set up to fight the horde. In addition I would like to offer two forms of aid." Turning her attention to the mayor, "The first is just some training. I am an accomplished archer. We have a several people skilled with weapons and I have access to a warrior that has trained many over the years. It might help the people of this town protect themselves. The other is I could raise some of the heros of old from your village. Assuming they accept my offer to return. I would have them stay here and protect the town they once lived in."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:00, Sun 27 Jan.

Manofdusk
 GM, 130 posts
 GM Golem
Sun 27 Jan 2019
at 10:55
Negotiations (0.0.3b)
 Frederick swallowed and took a deep breath. Your sudden change in demeanor throwing him off and he fiddled with the hilt of a short sword at his belt but didn't draw it. Your words seemed to be getting to him until you mentioned raising the dead, then he lost his temper.

 "I would sooner die than let you defile our sacred dead!"

 However, the mayor tugged on his sleeve, snapping him back to his senses... "That said, the fort and the mines have long been a problem for this village and, if what you say is true, we may need a way to prepare until reinforcements come... so martial training would be welcome. However, I will brook no tampering with the dark arts in this village. These people have enough to worry about without being tainted by black magic.

 Still, you say you only have four days but still ask for the fort and mines to fight the horde. What exactly is it you are planning?"


 He eyes you suspiciously now, his last question almost accusatory.
Wisla
 player, 120 posts
Sun 27 Jan 2019
at 18:49
Negotiations (0.0.3b)
As Fredrick explodes, she reaches into her own mind and brings up the children they saved and the children she couldn't save. They are what this is about not her own personal hatred of predjuced. She allows his roar to settle across her. Rather then show the rage she feels her voice is cold, "I will not see anymore children limbed and eaten if I can help it. Save your righteous anger for those that torture and eat children not for the ones that protect them."


She listens to the mayors words hearing his more reasonable tone and pulls back her own temper. She relizes cold rage will cause more problems then honest explanation, "I do not know what M'Lords full plan is. He gave me the orders to take command for 5 days starting today. He is working on a task that will take him that long. The Fort and the mine are strategic assets." She stops and looks almost confused at the Officer, "That is the correct term right. My best guess is the mine will allow the craftsmen we have to build weapons as well as provide stone for repairing the walls. It also gives us a base of operation to act from." When it comes to the military big picture its clear that this women is a bit out of her element.
Manofdusk
 GM, 131 posts
 GM Golem
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 05:27
Negotiations (0.0.3b)
 Frederick stares at you for a long moment, repeating the words "strategic assets" silently, almost as though he were tasting them. "Then I would speak with your lord. I cannot agree to letting an unknown force  occupy a military outpost so close to our town, especially when that force consists of the living dead."

 He glared at you coldly. "After all, we may very well be trading one fate for another far worse."
Wisla
 player, 121 posts
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 06:33
Negotiations (0.0.3b)
"Is it your position then that we cannot be friends? A bit of mutual trust. I could have come here armed. I did not, but you did. I could have simply taken the fort without asking, as we cleared out the monsters that the town couldn't handle. I come with an offer to help after proving twice that I not only can but I will. Your response is aggression and mistrust. Ultimately it comes down to priorities. While monsters ravage the countryside. Hags steal and eat children. Are you going to help me fight these threats or will you let prejudice and fear sway you to turn friends away. Judge me intentions by the actions you can see not by the preconceived notions you hold. I don't want to see more people killed while you wait for the Imperial army to arrive." Wisla looks from Fredric to the Mayor at this point. The officer was probably beyond any reason she could do. Perhaps she could cow him but it appeared to her that any chance of convincing him was gone. Before she moved to cow him she would hope the mayor could be split from him at least a bit. The Officer was more worried about the Imperium perhaps the Mayor would be more worried about the town.
Manofdusk
 GM, 132 posts
 GM Golem
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 09:51
Negotiations (0.0.3b)
 Frederick followed Wisla's gaze before staring at her hard. "The fort and the mine are Imperial assets and, as such, the rights to them are under my jurisdiction to grant or withhold.

 While they may have lost most of their value to the empire at this point, that does not mean that the Empire has relinquished ownership... and, while it is true that you have come here unarmed after having helped this town twice, understand that that is the only reason we are still talking.

 If you cannot explain to me what your intentions are with the fort and mines, I will not grant you rights to them. Bring your leader here and we will speak more of this, but I will not hand over any Imperial assets to anyone without knowing what they plan on doing."


OOC: intimidation is wearing off :P
Wisla
 player, 125 posts
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 03:16
Negotiations (0.0.3b)
"Did you grant those assets to the Hag that stole children? What will stop the monsters from using it if we do not? Ultimately your Imperial forces are not here and have failed time and time again to maintain those assets. If I had not asked you would not even know we used it." She looks at the Mayor with a soft smile, "I think you have a choice as well. Will you the actual leader here give us permission to use the fort and mine? Will you allow us to train and help your citizens, your family and your friends or continue to trust an imperial army that probably will not reach you before these monsters destroy you or some other creature like the hag begins stealing children once more?"
Manofdusk
 GM, 135 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 04:07
Negotiations (0.0.3b)
 Frederick glanced sidelong at the Mayor before looking at you again. "This conversation is over."

 He glared at the mayor, cowing him and daring him to speak further. "I'm sorry miss, but I think it's time for you to go."
Wisla
 player, 127 posts
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 02:30
Negotiations (0.0.3b)
Wisla face hardens at the Officer as he cows the mayor with a look. Her eyes flash but rather then let her temper fly she stays calm choosing her words carefully, "If that is the empires position then we require payment for our aid and protection of the fort until the imperial army arrives. I will confer with my people, and we will give you a price for our services in defense of the town and the removal of the squatters within the fort. Until such a payment is made, we will hold the fort as collateral. This is of course not for the town to pay. We have after all only been doing the job of the Empire, defending the people and reclaiming Imperial Assets. Until Payment is received, we will of course be charging a fee for the protection of the Imperial asset that is the fort and interest due to lack of payment."

She rises and heads to the door. Stoping to look back, "If you wish to negotiate further your are welcome to join me Officer Fredric at our camp. Mayor, should you wish to take us up on our training I will be happy to do so regardless of The Imperials officers decision on other matters send a runner and I will send people to help train the town. Good Night Gentlemen."



----> Aftermath

This message was last edited by the player at 04:38, Fri 01 Feb.