Training (0.0.4)   Posted by Manofdusk.Group: 0
Manofdusk
 GM, 144 posts
 GM Golem
Sat 9 Feb 2019
at 04:53
Training (0.0.4)
 The night passed uneventfully and the first light of dawn saw Tavi transform from an overly large dog with stubby legs back into a person. The town itself was busy with men and women tending fields and animals, minding the shops, and taking care of the miscellaneous duties required to keep a town functioning.

 In the afternoon, a bell sounded and all of the people in town finished what they were doing and, within a few minutes, the center of town was filled with men and women, from the ages of ten to fifty, all wearing thick quilted armor, leather helms, and wielding their farm implements.

 A closer inspection of the weapons revealed that these were not shoddily made. Pitchforks had been sharpened and fitted with sword-breakers, scythes had been refitted onto their hafts to serve as proper polearms, and the quilted armor was several layers thick, likely capable of preventing damage from all but the heaviest of blows.

 They lined up in formation and awaited what you had to offer them.
Arashi
 player, 108 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 17:23
Training (0.0.4)
Arashi tried to remember how he was taught so long ago and applied it to these farmers. The maneuvers he knew that were simple enough for these people to pick up were not particularly suited to their predicament but the monk had given his word that he would do his best. He showed his pupils how a single strike could be carried through into another target, how to swing your weapon in a way to make a second strike almost immediately, and how to stand in a way that would protect yourself while also giving you a higher chance at striking first.

The training was long and stale, mostly involving performing the same motions over again for hours as Arashi walked among the crowd and scanned the individuals for mistakes. When he felt that they had made enough progress, he allowed them a few hours rest, before starting up the training again. A few times, the usefulness of his maneuvers were called into question. Instead of lashing out, he had a promising student use the maneuver on the monk himself; to prove that it indeed worked.
Manofdusk
 GM, 145 posts
 GM Golem
Mon 11 Feb 2019
at 04:40
Training (0.0.4)
 Arashi found that he was not dealing with rank amateurs that had never touched a weapon. Indeed, every farmer and craftsman wielded their chosen weapon as easily as they used the tools of their trade.
Arashi
 player, 109 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Mon 11 Feb 2019
at 07:08
Training (0.0.4)
Arashi noticed that it took far less time than anticipated for the farmers to pick up his maneuvers, in fact he noticed that quite a few of them seemed almost bored during the training session. He realized that he was dealing with men who had already trained with their weapons and seemed no stranger to battle. The monk mused on this new information and called Wisla over to observe them.

"These men already have the skills to defend themselves." The monk said to the half-orc, as his eyes surveyed the militia, "It seems that they only need a strong leader capable of using them effectively. I can continue to attempt to train them, but a cup must be emptied before it can be filled."
Wisla
 player, 135 posts
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 05:33
Training (0.0.4)
Wisla called on Erikur on the way to the town asking the barbarian if he would be willing to help with the training of the villagers.

She took aside a group of the people to go over archery. She too began to see that Arashi's point was true. It would appear there was alot more skill here then she had actually expected. She responds to Arashi, "Well we should help how we can. Perhaps we can break up the training into smaller groups train the ones with the best skill already further up into leadership roles."
Arashi
 player, 110 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Wed 13 Feb 2019
at 04:05
Training (0.0.4)
The monk nodded and began to follow the half-orc's wise direction. He took the men that stood out the most to him aside. He told them when the Frost Lord left, they would be responsible for the safety of their village. Because of this, they would be taught some of the most powerful strikes that the monk had. The training was slow and laborious, even by Arashi's standard. He carefully observed their movements, and if the strike seemed to complicated for them to handle, he instead showed them one simpler; explaining that it is not they who chooses the strike, but the strike that chooses them.

When Arashi was finished he regarded the sweaty exhausted men, "These strikes have saved me countless times against the many foes that have crossed me in my..." he paused as he tried to find the correct word, "existence. I am now sure that your village is in good hands." He left them with those words and returned to Wisla and reported on his attempt. He hoped that he was successful, but honestly had no idea. Time would tell.
Manofdusk
 GM, 147 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 13 Feb 2019
at 05:34
Training (0.0.4)
 The rest of the day passed without incident and the villagers picked up on the training they were given rather quickly. Erikur helped Wisla gather the most qualified of the men, preparing them for leadership.

 This, they found, was something considerably more difficult. These farmers had been trained to follow orders and use their weapons... but few had the actual charisma to lead. They had been trained to follow orders almost TOO well.

 Erikur eventually selected only the Elders for this training, people who the others in the village naturally looked to, but the training was still slow.


 Evening came and Tavi found himself retreating to camp... but, as they reached the hill where they had made camp, they saw an army in the distance. Even from miles away, they could hear the lockstep march of one of the Imperial Legions and see their battle standard, a black rose upon an aqua flag.

 They would be here by sunset.

OOC: a Knowledge (Royalty and Nobility) or Religion check will reveal the Heraldry.
Tavi
 player, 83 posts
Fri 15 Feb 2019
at 03:37
Training (0.0.4)
Tavi rolled his eyes as he stuffed a few fingers into his mouth in an odd formation and whistled something so high pitched that it would have hurt to stand next to him. It was about the fastest way to get attention to that side of the area as well as have enough time to hide.  If it was the Empire they would have scouts and he needed to avoid them, but it looked like the town had betrayed them and sent word to the high end.

He was going to have to get look outs at some point.
Wisla
 player, 136 posts
Fri 15 Feb 2019
at 21:17
Training (0.0.4)
As the day wound down. Wisla spoke to the potential leaders with a smile, "Great job today. Tomorrow we will continue. I belive we should just focus on leadership because the majority of the basic training the town seems to already have." She looks around for the imperial officer.
Manofdusk
 GM, 150 posts
 GM Golem
Sat 16 Feb 2019
at 03:55
Training (0.0.4)
 Frederick was standing a little ways away, watching the training with an obvious look of distaste, but he never said anything.

 The legion advancing upon the town was led by a man in shining armor on the back of a strange looking horse... though details were difficult to make out at this range. Still, if was leading a Legion, then it meant that he was likely higher in rank than Frederick.
Tavi
 player, 84 posts
Sat 16 Feb 2019
at 04:20
Training (0.0.4)
Tavi made an odd sound that came out as a ravens call for one of the odd blackbirds. He pulled out a slip of paper and wrote one word on it. "Hey there little lady. Could you do me a huge favor and take this bit of paper to the blond lady over there training the people? Her name is Wisla, do it and I'll give you one of my hard tack biscuits."

He made sure to not pay until the message was given, Ravens are well known for cutting and running once paid.

The slip of paper had one phrase on it. ~Paladins, Black Frost.~

He then sat down at camp, pulled out his little Cauldron, and started working his very very strange Mojo. He started by taking a strand of his hair, fresh water, and a small measure of his own blood. "Hair and blood of an angel and a devil."


He frowned and tilted his head as nothing happened. He took a deep breath and said the true word for The keeper. Annnnndddd nothing. So he sat down and started brewing his special tea. The only other person he could contact to dispell secrets was a very dangerous woman. Better to find out what would happen with some fortune telling.

Sitting down he fumed. He wrote the name of the true witch int he dirt, the young girl. He wasnt going to contact her but she was about the only other real power he knew about. There was death but you dont call on death... death calls on you.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:16, Sat 16 Feb.

Wisla
 player, 138 posts
Sat 16 Feb 2019
at 19:01
Training (0.0.4)
Wisla looked at the army and considered when a note from Tavi. Wisla looks at Arashi and Erikur. "Well it appears the imperial legions are finally arriving. Erikur will you tell Tavi I got his messege and head back to your base. Arashi will you be my bodygaurd for meeting the legions leader please."
Manofdusk
 GM, 153 posts
 GM Golem
Sun 17 Feb 2019
at 03:04
Training (0.0.4)
 Erikur banged his fist on his chest in a salute and made his way back to the camp to let Tavi know his letter was sent.

 Meanwhile, around the same time as Erikur arrived at the camp with Tavi, so did another woman, from the direction of the fort. Her pale skin immediately gave her away as one of the Valkyr.

 All of this occurred around sunset and Jesse, upon arriving at the camp, found herself staring down a 7ft tall bipedal tiger chained to a tree as a barbarian approached from the direction of the town.

---> to Camping

-----------------------------------------

 The Lockstep march of the arriving army stopped on the road just outside of town as the sun set but before the light faded from the sky and a man in armor on a strange, ghostly horse, rode up to town.

---> to The Legion Arrives