Camping (0.0.5b)   Posted by Manofdusk.Group: 0
Tavi
 player, 90 posts
Sun 17 Feb 2019
at 05:27
Camping (0.0.5b)
Tavi smiled and nursed his tea with his pinkie out. "Grew up with a witch who bought me. I can speak the language of creation and evil. She wanted me to use both to say her name at the same time. I refused so she cursed me every day for years. For example if I reach in to any container there is a chance I'll pull out a peacock, her bird, intent on killing me. Prey animals are always aware of me. I'll fly into a blind curse rage at the sight of colorful birds."

"The list goes on. Some curses drift in and out. As for lycanthropy, never can tell what I'll be. Once I sent an entire night as a giant seahorse on land. Last night I was a giant corgi. Any animal is really up for grabs."

"I chain myself up encase I don't have control, it's never a sure thing. I keep them on because most people don't shoot at a giant chained animal. I'm eight feet of beef cake at the moment but arrows still hurt."

"And as for word magic. I can do a few tricks with an old language but words have power. Mages make gestures and incantations to work magic. I just use the real word for it. Like casting light by just saying it without the wiggle fingers. Had to learn it, hard to cast spells as a weresnake, slug, or cod."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:28, Sun 17 Feb.

Jessie
 player, 16 posts
Sun 17 Feb 2019
at 05:42
Camping (0.0.5b)
Jessie nodded as she took mental notes of Tavi's story. "I see....That.....really sucks, I'm sorry. These are not things I would ever worry about. However, that does not mean I'm without empathy. If I see a peacock, I'll kill it and cook it so you can sleep a little better. You should know Im a monk from the Temple of Mysteries. Im quite confident I could travel around with you even if you lose control of yourself. Im not so confident about your words of power though. I dont know what they are even after you explained it. I have seen a wizard in my travels outside of my temple, I have never seen someone do what you say you can do. Especially cast magic without wiggly fingers." Jessie imitates a pirate captain that owns no ship, wiggling their fingers.
Tavi
 player, 91 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 03:13
Camping (0.0.5b)
Tavi smiled, "Next time you see Morian you should ask him about fighting styles. A monk of the Mysteries should be in for a delightful treat. Though you may have a bright opportunity to become a master yourself in this new world. Let me know if there is anything I can do to facilitate your future here."

He shrugged at the mention of word magic. "Loan me your blade, I'll awaken the first letter of its name if you like to give you a demonstration. If you want me to upgrade it to a masterwork blade that takes a bit of doing."
Jessie
 player, 18 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 05:38
Camping (0.0.5b)
Jessie's eyes lit up. "I would greatly appreciate that. It isn't as sharp as it was 300 years ago. But Monk Stonebeard gave it to me when I turned thirteen and I just can't give it up. It's precious to me." She neared the lycan and handed her weapon over. She was not frightened and Tavi could see that she didn't see him as too much of a threat. She held her self in great esteem.

"Is Tavi short for Octavius? Or is your name just Tavi?" She resumed her position ten feet away, facing the lycan without ever showing her back to him.
Tavi
 player, 94 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 05:54
Camping (0.0.5b)
Tavi shook his head, "Ta is what they say for by if they are posh people. And I was the fifth kid she bought looking for someone who had the talent." He took the blade and flicked it with a claw to hear its ring. "The blade is Female. Have you named her already or do you want me to start forging its name raw?"
Jessie
 player, 20 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 05:59
Camping (0.0.5b)
Jessie smiled, "I did name her. I gave her a boy's name. I wasn not aware it 'could' be a girl. ....Sol... I wanted a strong name and I thought the sun was pretty strong. It made me feel safe when I first left the Temple." She blushed a little at the silly notion. "I will make sure to ask Morien about fighting styles next we meet. Thank you for all of the kind gestures. Having been awake for less than a full day, in what might as well be a different world, is reassuring."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:13, Mon 18 Feb.

Tavi
 player, 95 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 06:18
Camping (0.0.5b)
"It's in the ring, high notes are feminine and low notes are masculine. That is why most daggers always ring low notes." He put the blade between his paw hands and flexed the blade a tiny bit. He leaned in and whispered a single word that created the idea of the noonday sun, a blistering heat of the sands.

"We all have our shell shock. Wait until you start seeing just how strange things can be. It will all seem like another punch to roll with before too long." He offered her sword back, "That should double its strength. I'll wake up the O when you are ready to get it awakened further. Making it magic comes later when I figure out the right words for it."
Jessie
 player, 21 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 11:05
Camping (0.0.5b)
She accepts the sword back gladly. "Thank you Tavi. You definitely didn't wiggle your fingers there." She took a few practice swings to see if it 'felt' different. She was quite surprised to see that it did, but not in the way she expected. "That is pretty amazing." She sheathes the weapon and looks to Tavi once more. "So what now? Do we just literally sit and wait? Is there not something we could do instead of just being here? You don't seem like you need to be chained but I wouldn't know what signs to look for." Patience is a virtue, one she eventually learned at the temple but to this day did not appreciate. She did take a look outside the camp towards the direction of the army, while staying within talking range of Tavi. She thought she would have met up with the other Valkyrie by now.
Tavi
 player, 98 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 03:09
Camping (0.0.5b)
Tavi shook his head, "The chains are not to protect others when I have my mind about me. They are to protect me from others. As I said, people are far less likely to shoot arrows at me if they see a tiger who is chained up. That makes them go from a dangerous mindset to a cautious. Then when I talk it confuses them a tiny bit, that confusion can then be used to draw them out of the back of their mind to the front. Once there, it's easy to make a friend."

He gestured in the direction of the legion. "I don't smell bloodshed yet but I can smell metal, weapon oil, and sweat. Not a massive amount of ink or paper scents beyond the norm so I can't assume there are too many scribes. Seems like a mobile force to me. If I was in your position I would wait until I saw the first interaction. If there is no conflict at first then you can get closer and move with caution."
Manofdusk
 GM, 164 posts
 GM Golem
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 23:40
Camping (0.0.5b)
 As the wo sit there chatting, they can see three people approaching the camp. In the lead was someone matching Wisla's description. Behind her was a man in full plate armor with the crest of a black rose on a sky blue background, holding a torch, and behind him was a bald man in robes.

----------

 Even from a distance, Harlen takes note of the large tiger chained to a tree and comes to investigate. He arrives but maintains his distance at the edge of the firelight, appraising the creature with a hand on the hilt of his blade.
Jessie
 player, 24 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 00:11
Camping (0.0.5b)
Jessica, whom is extremely perceptive, could not help but hear the loudest of armor clanging its way uphill towards the camp fire. She paused her conversation with Tavi to turn and look. Immediatrly she took a stance between Tavi and the oncoming band. She resumed her battle stance which must have looked either exotic, just foreign, or bizare given it was over 300 years old. Her right hand neared her scimitar but did not touch it.

" What a beautiful full moon we have tonight. It is the very kind to inspire poetry of epic romance and tales of legend. I am Jessica Stone, monk of the Temple of Mysteries. I ask that you please not draw your weapon against my acquaintance and I. Please. "

Jessica took note of the female in the lead. She stared a little too hard, Wisla would obviously notice. Jessie couldn't help herself because she looked exactly like the person she was instructed to find. " Are you Wisla? Do you know the man in the blue ice armor"
Wisla
 player, 152 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 02:31
Camping (0.0.5b)
----->From The Legion arrives

Wisla is interrupted mid words by the sight of Tavi. It took her just a little longer then she hoped to get to the point. The count had started forward before she recovered and a strange women took a defensive stance before, "The Tiger is most likely Tavi...I however do not know this women. Yes I am Wisla and yes I know Lord Morien are you here on his orders?"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:33, Wed 20 Feb.

Manofdusk
 GM, 167 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 04:02
Camping (0.0.5b)
 Harlen doesn't draw his blade, but he doesn't remove it either. "That is some curse..."

 He patiently observes the conversation between the two, watching Tavi's movement out of the corner of his eye all the while. "I have no intention of drawing my weapon for now."
Tavi
 player, 100 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 04:09
Camping (0.0.5b)
Tavi was being quiet and letting people do their thing but then Wisla showed up. He waved hello. "Hi, I made a friend. Turned into a tiger this time around, not as useful as the Corgi but apparently, I am near eight feet of beefcake so there is that."

"And I learned a new ritual. Hand me your weapon when your ready and Ill wake it the hell up."

"Oh, and I managed to get a tiny bit more info on how and why we are shut off from the afterlife. Though most of it is already known. The upside is I think I can still reach some major aspects out there. But I have no desire to contact most of them."


He gave Harlen a thumbs up, yes he had thumbs, "Outstanding, I dislike combat and you are about the most dangerous person here."
Jessie
 player, 25 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 04:26
Camping (0.0.5b)
In reply to Wisla (msg # 23):

Jessie bowed her head slightly. "Once more, I am Jessica Stone. I've come to take your orders per Morien's wishes. Unfortunately, I was only told to find you and ask how I may assist you. I was told you would be like me, I'm sure you know what I mean." She also nods slightly towards Harlen for not attacking. She moves her right hand back to her right hip. However, she is still combat ready.
Manofdusk
 GM, 168 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 11:27
Camping (0.0.5b)
 Harlen listened quietly for the most part, though Tavi's mention of the afterlife shutting down caught his attention. "That, if you don't mind saying so, is something I would very much like to hear. Is there some reason you're still chained up? You seem capable of speaking and acting with restraint, or is there a secondary curse I'm unaware of?"
Arashi
 player, 118 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 13:42
Camping (0.0.5b)
Arashi had been lost in his own thoughts when he heard an unfamiliar voice. Snapping back to reality he found himself standing next to Wisla and the Imperial... Hammund was it? He was certain that introductions were made, but for the (un)life of him could not remember much of the diplomatic discussion earlier. Perhaps if they were to face each other in combat it would jog the ancient monk's memory.

Focus, Arashi. You are too easily lost within your mind.

Yes, he was too focused on fighting. He needed to pay attention.

The monk shook his head to clear his thoughts and took a new look at his surroundings. They were back at the camp, Tavi had transformed into a strange tiger creature, and another undead had joined their ranks. "Jessica Stone" was her name, and she was a monk! Arashi wracked his brain but for the life of him could not remember what monastery he was raised in, but it was certainly no "Temple of Mysteries". The Elders were certainly mysterious, but no more cryptic than any other wise man, so it was likely that her people and his were once rivals! His eyes frenziedly scanned her battle stance searching for any familiarity (and weakness) within. He found her choice of weapon particularly interesting. Was the Scimitar simply a weapon of convenience, or had she, much like the monk, been called to her weapon and made it a part of her craft? Many other questioned buzzed within his head, but for now were left unanswered.

Her hand was near her weapon, Arashi.

Of course! Perhaps she too was a practitioner of the Draw-Cut! Obviously less proficient than he; not to mention how the curvature-

She seems ready to fight, Arashi. Why is that?

Arashi blinked. Things did seem tense. The monk supposed that Jessica was still getting used to her new surroundings and was the main source. He mentally shrugged, Hamburg seemed too smart to start a fight here of all places, Arashi was sure that the tension would pass uneventfully, all he had to do was wait patiently.

OOC: Knowledge Martial to identify Jessica's stance and any other information it may reveal.

Arashi rolled 29 using 1d20+11.  Knowledge Martial.

Tavi
 player, 101 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 17:09
Camping (0.0.5b)
Tavi smiled, "People are far less likely to kill a monster or animal that is chained up. And like I said, I hate violence." He produced the key and locked his restrainment. "As the Corgi I was a sofa of fur. This time around." He flexed like a marble statue. "Very rarely does the curse grant some feel good self esteem."

"Watch, next time Ill end up as a solth or penguin. I was a giant guinea pig once, that was a really bad day of just glaring at myself. The predator curse still triggers even if I turn into a prey animal myself."

He clapped once, "Right, afterlife. I attempted to contact both the ferryman and an open invite to a celestial. The call went out but nothing came back. If the afterlife was entirely gone the call wouldn't have gone out at all. A bit of deductive reasoning is that 'the gate is closed but it is still there' as opposed to the whole of the afterlife just being gone. Which is about the only way I can explain that messages can get over the wall but not back."

"Im not going to try and contact hell. But all in all, this is important as if I can get a good anchor I may be able to get a message across. Butttt that is going to take an object owned by a celestial over the 'wall' as it is. So if you run across angel feathers or something, please let me know. It will take some trial and error."
He smiled at the idea of getting to research something. A big toothy smile of a man who could eat an entire cow.
Wisla
 player, 155 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 03:29
Camping (0.0.5b)
Wisla smile at Jessica, "Well its nice to meet you Jessica. I was bringing the Count to meet Lord Morien as he agreeded to allow us to use both the mine and the fort. We will have to discuss the plans and our next moves. I am not sure how much help we can be in training the local populace. They need leaders more then anything else."

The Half Orc tries to follow the discussion of the world of the dead but none of it really makes since to her. A small Scorpion sneaks its way up and seems to get her attention and she nods to it and brings her attention back to the discussion at hand.
Jessie
 player, 29 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 04:31
Camping (0.0.5b)
In reply to Wisla (msg # 30):

Jessica is both annoyed and finds it hysterical at the same time. "Did master understand this was to happen? I could have just waited with him at the fort. I was just there not long ago. Well, at least you all found me and I was here in case you needed help. It is a pleasure to meet you. Please make use of me." Jessica bows in a more formal manner this time. She eyes the bald monk.

"Wisla, please introduce me to the warrior in the back. He's been....silent." She did wonder what lifetime he was from. Considering his garbs, he definitely wasn't from around Jessie's temple.
Wisla
 player, 156 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 04:46
Camping (0.0.5b)
Wisla looks a little emberresed, "This is Arashi. Another member of our group. He tends to keep silent but has important words when he does speak."
Manofdusk
 GM, 169 posts
 GM Golem
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 05:03
Camping (0.0.5b)
 Harlen frowns. "Yes, I would prefer if you didn't contact hell. I'm pretty sure that would end poorly for everyone. In any event, that lines up with what I know. If there is any time after I meet this Morien, I'll tell you.

 So, who is coming?"

Jessie
 player, 30 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 05:05
Camping (0.0.5b)
In reply to Manofdusk (msg # 33):

Jessie raised her hand. She also nodded to both Wisla and Arashi.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:24, Thu 21 Feb.

Arashi
 player, 120 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 12:19
Camping (0.0.5b)
When Wisla introduced him, Arashi gave Jessica a deep and respectful bow. "I am Arashi Naru." His tone was calm but his eyes still betrayed his excitement. While all monks were trained in unarmed combat, precious few focused on it, choosing instead to forge their own path to enlightenment through the plethora of weapons provided. Arashi was looking forward to watching this "Temple of Mysteries" monk on the battlefield; it was possible that her people killed to keep their fighting styles a secret. Arashi certainly hoped so.

Arashi reminded himself to thank Morien in private for the opportunity at this unlife. He realized that he found himself surrounded with inspiration; the primal Tavi, the warrior Floki, and now a fellow monk! It was worth all of the politics, diplomacy, and standing around.

When Holden asked his question, Arashi looked at Wisla. He knew she was more than capable of handling herself and wasn't sure if the meeting with the Frost Lord would between those three. It wasn't as if he had something better to do; he supposed he could challenge Floki, or Tavi now that he had taken a far less adorable form but from what the monk had gathered so far, neither of them seemed particularly interested in lethal sparring.
Wisla
 player, 157 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 17:38
Camping (0.0.5b)
Wisla considers, "Let's all go that will allow Tavi and the Count to continue the discussion more easily." She considers and tells the count, "Count, Once we arrive with Morien i could use my magic to enchant you so your can get your sleep for the night while be alert as long as you avoid vigrous activity."