The Journey Begins (1.0.0)   Posted by Manofdusk.Group: 0
Arashi
 player, 152 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 30/56 AC:21 Init+6
Mon 13 May 2019
at 02:22
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Arashi's look of relief fell to worry when Erin told him to let her go but he saw the determined look on her face and knew that he had to trust her. Letting go of Erin, he stood, bearing the brunt of the spiders attacks and lashing out in turn with his sword. The assault was too much for the poor monk; having had most of his experience in far more favorable settings, and his blade work faltered.

OOC:
Move: Stand Up
Standard: (Assuming I'm still around)
Arashi rolled 14 using 1d20+12.  Tidal Blade against two closest enemies.

Manofdusk
 GM, 231 posts
 GM Golem
Mon 13 May 2019
at 04:10
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 Wisla's arrow felled one of the spiders before it could reach Arashi (reduce the damage you took by 6) and the other two backed away from the blade as Arashi let go of Erin to turn and attack.

 With Arashi no longer holding on, Erin began to fall and, even though she could summon wings, she found it to be much harder to correct her descent, being that close to a cliff face (DC 15 reflex save or fly roll)

 With the advantage lost, the spiders retreated back into the trees.
Erin
 player, 110 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 44/49
Mon 13 May 2019
at 16:50
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Erin scrambled to stop her fall, but failed to find purchase in her descent.

OOC: Erin rolled 13 using 1d20+4.  Reflex save for fall.
Arashi
 player, 153 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 30/56 AC:21 Init+6
Mon 13 May 2019
at 17:09
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Arashi kept the spiders in his sight and tried to ignore the sounds of struggle behind him. He quickly sheathed his blade and released a wave of energy at the creatures; hoping to drive them off to search for an easier meal.

OOC:
Free Action: Sheathe Sword, recover Tidal Blade. Worry.
Standard Action: Arashi rolled 24 using 1d20+10.  Iron Wave strike.
(I may make my attack against any creature within close range (25+5ft/2lvls [40ft]) add +2d6 damage)

If I hit: Arashi rolled 21 using 4d6+9. Damage, the creature needs to make a will save DC 16 or become vulnerable to silver until the end of my next turn.

Manofdusk
 GM, 232 posts
 GM Golem
Tue 14 May 2019
at 17:52
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 Arashi's blade strike caught another of the spiders as it was retreating as Erin fell into the trap they had created, held fast by the sticky webbing (DC 20 to escape by yourself).

 Though the group had won, they were now badly separated, with Wisla on the other side of a web wall and Erin stuck in webbing at the bottom of a cliff.
Arashi
 player, 154 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 30/56 AC:21 Init+6
Tue 14 May 2019
at 18:06
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Arashi watched the retreating arachnids with caution and called down to Erin. "Do you need help?" He was relieved that the fight was over and was sure that if Wisla truly needed them she would simply summon them both. For now, it was probably best, going forward, to travel cautiously. It was possible that these creatures weren't the only danger in these woods.
Erin
 player, 111 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 44/49
Tue 14 May 2019
at 19:32
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Erin strained at the webbing she was stuck in with little result.

"I'm a little stuck," she called back to Arashi, "but so far it seems safe down here.  Maybe just drop me a rope and I'll see if I an get it tied on."

OOC: Erin rolled 15 using 1d20+1.  Escape web DC 20.

Arashi
 player, 155 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 30/56 AC:21 Init+6
Tue 14 May 2019
at 20:17
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Arashi frowned. He carried no equipment, as in life he was far from a typical adventurer. Instead he climbed down and used a free hand to help cut her free.

Arashi rolled 33 using 1d20+13.  climb.
Arashi rolled 17 using 1d20+4.  aid another: erin.
Zenobia
 player, 33 posts
 Enchantress
 Owl Familiar
Tue 14 May 2019
at 22:16
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
ooc: sorry for my absence; I’m back and will try to get back into a regular posting rhythm.

 Zenobia caught up with the others at a light jog. She seems to have suffered from the acidic spray, but is otherwise unharmed.

  “Sorry, I lost you... I was trying to recover Alba, my familiar...”

 She seems worried, the owl is a lot more than a pet to her.

  The witch tries to catch up with Erin and Arashi. If needed she can help with the climb.
Manofdusk
 GM, 233 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 15 May 2019
at 03:54
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 Arashi manages to climb down easily but found the webbing harder to cut through than he first anticipated. The blade caught in the webbing as he cut it but he managed to pull it free... though now it was covered in sticky webbing and would likely get stuck in the sheath if he put it back now (DC 20 Str check to remove your blade from the sheathe it until it gets cleaned).

 However, his efforts were enough to get Erin back to the cliff face... though the webbing remained below. However, now tat the group wasn't fighting off giant spiders, they could see beneath the webbing a giant ball made of similar stuff but bigger in radius than a horse.

OOC: knowledge nature?
Arashi
 player, 156 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 30/56 AC:21 Init+6
Wed 15 May 2019
at 17:04
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Arashi stared at his weapon with disgust. It would likely be a long and arduous task to clean it properly. "A victim perhaps?" He nodded to indicate the ball. He heard someone else approach and turned to confront them and smiled when he realized it was only Zenobia. "Yes, we all seemed to have gotten split up." His tone seemed nonchalant, almost as if he were speaking about the weather.

As the witch got closer, he pointed at the ball with his soiled weapon, "Zenobia, do you know what that is?" The monk seemed flippant, as if he were only making small talk. It was only a matter of time, after all, before their general summoned them back to her.
Wisla
 player, 220 posts
Thu 16 May 2019
at 12:06
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla looked at Zenobi and then at the web wall, "I will try something with the owl. Will you help the barbarians cut open a path. We need to regroup." Wisla recovers her arrows in the first spider as she opens her senses to the connection with the undead she leads. Looking for the torn connection of the fallen familiar. Calling her wings in a pointless but symbolic geature. She calls the augmented animal to her and back to unlife. Using her authority as one of the valkry to do so. Holding her bow out as a pearch for the owl.
Manofdusk
 GM, 234 posts
 GM Golem
Fri 17 May 2019
at 00:03
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 Upon Wisla's outstretched arm, particles began to glimmer and coalesce into the shape of a creature, finally solidifying as an owl on her shoulder. It flapped its wings but did not leave it's new perch. It appeared to be waiting for a command.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:04, Fri 17 May.

Erin
 player, 112 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 44/49
Fri 17 May 2019
at 17:30
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Even without looking, Erin knows she's going to be covered with leaves and dirt by the time they clear the forest.  Everything and anything is going to stick to the residue that webbing left on her.  She was going to look like a walking bush.

She looked down into the pit to see if she could spot the spear she'd discarded.
Manofdusk
 GM, 236 posts
 GM Golem
Sat 18 May 2019
at 01:05
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 She found it some distance away from where she'd fell, lying in the webbing. Retrieving it would likely be a difficult task.
Erin
 player, 113 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 44/49
Sat 18 May 2019
at 02:18
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
"Arashi," she asked the man, "could you lower me down to grab my spear?"
Zenobia
 player, 34 posts
 Enchantress
 Owl Familiar
Sun 19 May 2019
at 12:20
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Zenobia comes near the pit and tries to discern what the monk was pointing to.  She looked down, and mumbled.
  "Hmm, yes I see..."

 She turned to Erin and suggested:
  "Let me do it... I might as well go down there and take a closer look."

 The witch jumped forward into the pit, but she did not fall. Instead she gently lowered into the webbing, like a leaf in autumn, until she stabilised her position a few feet above the bundle.

 Her hair started growing by magic, and formed a braid like a tentacle of ten feet, which she controlled to grab the spear. She  gently brought it back to her.

 Before anything else, she examined the blob of webbing that Arashi asked about.

hex: levitate
 hex: prehensile hair

 Zenobia rolled 32 using 1d20+12.  perception.
 Zenobia rolled 22 using 1d20+6.  know nature.

Morien
 GM, 75 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Sun 19 May 2019
at 16:12
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 It took some effort, but Zenobia managed to dislodge the spear with her hair, though she now had webbing in her hair.
Zenobia
 player, 35 posts
 Enchantress
 Owl Familiar
Sun 19 May 2019
at 18:26
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 Zenobia had some webbing caught in her braid, but she worried not about that part. It was after all quite fitting for a witch she thought, and for an undead witch even more so.  She carefully retracted her hair and held the spear in her hand.

 She called out to the others:
  "Tis as I thought... an egg cocoon. I am not quite sure how close they are from emerging as spiderlings. Unless you advise otherwise, I would suggest we leave them be. They are nasty predators indeed, but not creatures of Chaos as I understand it."

 The way she saw it, it was neither their task nor their right to rid the world of spiders.
Wisla
 player, 222 posts
Sun 19 May 2019
at 18:41
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla looks to the owl, "Is your bond still in effect. If so return to your ladyship."
Arashi
 player, 157 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 30/56 AC:21 Init+6
Mon 20 May 2019
at 05:18
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Arashi nodded at the witch's words and turned his attention to the canopy above. "We should move on before those creatures regain their bravery." he said, squinting. He felt the weight of his weapon in his hands. It felt strange to have it out for so long and it filled him with anger to have it's blade desecrated so but he would not be able to repair it until they reached a safer environment.

He turned to where Wisla and the barbarians were and watched as they finished cutting down the web barrier between them. He had reservations continuing their travel; he may not be able to fight at his best considering his soiled weapon and the damage he had taken earlier. He shuddered at the thought of one of these creatures felling him, the monks would never let him live it down. He would betray none of these feelings, lest they bog his general's mind with more things to worry about, "Shall we, General?"
Morien
 GM, 76 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Tue 21 May 2019
at 04:27
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 The owl returned to Zenobia as the group finally came back together. It took a little backtracking before the barbarians got a sense of their direction and began leading the group in a direction that, while more difficult to follow, was definitely less dark and, shortly before they vanished, they had led the group into a clearing.

 The clearing was fairly large and possessed a number of oddly shaped rocks scattered around it. Day was ending and night was falling. However, in the dark, they would need to rely on their own sense of direction once more.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:15, Wed 22 May.

Wisla
 player, 223 posts
Sat 25 May 2019
at 17:37
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla looked around the clearing. They needed to figure this out. The splitting up and falling into traps was a dangerous thing that must be solved. First though she needed to check on Zenobi to make sure thing were okay there, "Zenobia are all the issues related to your familiar dealt with or is something more required to do?"
Morien
 GM, 77 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Thu 30 May 2019
at 05:43
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 The owl seemed quite alright and had taken up it's normal place alongside Zenobia.

OOC: camp in the clearing or try to forge through the jungle at night?
Zenobia
 player, 36 posts
 Enchantress
 Owl Familiar
Fri 31 May 2019
at 09:26
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
“Getting some rest here until dawn seems like a sound plan. Nevertheless we should stay alert.” Zenobia contributed.

She gathered her things and tried to find a comfortable spot for the next few hours. Convenient would be a better term, as comfort was not something the undead craved.

“Thank you Willa, for bringing Alba back.” she said as the Owl hopped about and eventually found a perch on a nearby tree.
“I still do not understand what happened, but it all seems to be back in order.”

 Come dawn she would commune with her familiar to refresh her magical potential and renew her spells for the day.