The Journey Begins (1.0.0)   Posted by Manofdusk.Group: 0
Erin
 player, 97 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 49/49
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 15:39
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Erin climbed atop the carriage.  She was NOT riding in that thing with whatever Tavi turned into.
Tavi
 player, 141 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 16:15
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Tavi did move to conceal himself inside the carriage before nightfall. He also was damn sure to have himself bound up so there would be no harm to anyone should he not have control, which was always extremely unlikely.

Tonight, he changed back into his beefcake tiger self. Some days you're a hamster, some days you're an eight-foot-tall tiger like Adonis. Small blessings are worth taking them as you get them. Though tonight he was all white with black stripes, he was subject to different species within the same animal type.

All the same, he quietly closed his eyes, leaned his head back, and for all purposes, he was being nice and quiet.
Wisla
 player, 201 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2019
at 02:02
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla gets inside the carriage as well allowing Erin to take the watch job.
Manofdusk
 GM, 213 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 3 Apr 2019
at 03:47
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 With the carriage and Tavi's controlled transformation, the group was able to move easily through the night for the first time. Though slower than running, they would no longer need to stop unless the road was bad... and, fortunately for them, the next ten hours were a smooth ride for them in a comfortable carriage.

 The paved road also made travel through the dwarf-controlled mountains easier, enabling them to cross in a day what would have taken them a week otherwise and, as the carriage vanished, they found themselves on the other side of the mountain range.

 There was another dwarf on the other side manning the toll gate, but he let you pass with a nod and a smile. Shortly afterward, the smooth paved road turned to uneven dirt and the group came to a sign, written in Elven.

OOC: anyone read elven?
Tavi
 player, 142 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2019
at 03:58
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Yup! Words are Tavi's things.
Tavi
 player, 143 posts
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 01:34
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Tavi pointed one direction, "That way is the Drakken forest." He pointed the other direction like a Y formation. "And that way leads to the elf town. Drakken forest is shorter but far more dangerous. The elf town is slower but safe and sound. However, elves can be more than a little up tight."

"Either route heads in the right direction."

Zenobia
 player, 26 posts
 Enchantress
 Owl Familiar
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 21:28
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Zenobia considéred both options very briefly, and walked towards the first direction.

“The forest route is shorter, we should not delay further. On an other note, elves would not take lightly to undead on their lands, should they see us for what we really are...”

 Her owl familiar was flying a short distance ahead of the group, getting a feel for the path ahead.
Erin
 player, 98 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 49/49
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 21:56
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
"The shortest route, then," Erin agreed.  She wondered if the owl were dead or summoned anew when she arose.
Manofdusk
 GM, 215 posts
 GM Golem
Sat 6 Apr 2019
at 19:58
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 South it was!

 And so the group began to make their way into the Drakkenwood. The trail became narrower from disuse as they travelled until it became nothing more than a walking path.

 The trees grew thicker and the air a bit more stifling. The sounds of birds and insects were replaced by... other sounds... until finally the trail began turning steeply down and they could suddenly see over the treetops into a massive basin.

 To their right (west), they could see a massive waterfall falling into an unseen lake. It was an impressive vista, but the one thing they didn't see was signs of habitation or any clearings for roads. It would likely be slow going past this point.
Erin
 player, 99 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 49/49
Sat 6 Apr 2019
at 22:08
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
"Anyone skilled at finding a path," Erin asked, looking around hopefully.  She herself had no experience, but had a general idea of how to go in a straight line.  South was south, wasn't it?
Tavi
 player, 144 posts
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 04:12
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Tavi tilted his head side to side as he whispered a word into his key keeper's ear. The word was the path itself and carried with it the trails and paths in and through the woods that would speed them through the wild lands. It wasn't nearly as perfect as a high way but they would move far faster than a random group of undead lost in the woods.

He shared the word with everyone in the group just to be sure no one could get too lost.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic...ls/n/nature-s-paths/

"I know the way but not the path. But I do know the true word for lost, and if I know that word I can ensure we won't be it. It will not ensure safe travel but it will ensure swift and true travel."
Wisla
 player, 203 posts
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 00:09
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
"I Dont think any of us are skilled at traveling in the wilderness. Perhaps I should call upon our barbarian allies to act as guides."
Zenobia
 player, 28 posts
 Enchantress
 Owl Familiar
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 23:04
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)

 Zenobia frowned at the assumption that she was not one who could guide others in the wild, or find sustenance and shelter, or tell true North from Orient. This being though, the assumption was pretty spot on, so she had no complaint to voice.

 As they entered the forest, she had changed her garments to something more appropriate. Not necessarily better suited to climbing trees or jumping streams, hopping or striding, but more in tune with the environment and with what one expect one to wear in the woods. Dark brown tones, hide accents, a woolen hood to hide her jewels, sturdy looking gloves.

  "I won't be of much help finding our way in the wilderness... but I can ask Alba to scout ahead for us, and I can fly up myself to take a vantage point when needed..."

 "I wouldn't summon berserkers if you do not intend to have them fight; they would be displeased."


 Progressing in the forest without a guide might be dangerous, but then they could probably overcome the hazards... falling in a pit, encountering savage beasts... unlikely things to stop a party of undead travelers.
Arashi
 player, 142 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 14:46
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Arashi had stayed silent for most of the trip, electing to let the group make most, if not all, the decisions as they traveled. He was far too absorbed in the new sights and sounds of the journey to give much thought to the actual logistics of it all, not that he was very useful in that regard anyway.

His distaste towards Zenobia had lessened significantly over the few days. It did not seem that she actively searched for victims for her various revolting arcane rituals or at least did her "hunting" far enough away for him not to notice; either reason was satisfactory enough for the monk to fully accept her among his strange assortment of comrades.

Otherwise he was perfectly fine with going along with the flow of the group and allowed the current to speed them off towards their destination.
Erin
 player, 101 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 49/49
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 01:42
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
"Let's follow the owl," Erin concluded.
Erin
 player, 102 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 49/49
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 21:58
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Erin begins following the owl.
Wisla
 player, 207 posts
Thu 11 Apr 2019
at 03:32
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla Decides to try her best to lead and takes off in her best guess at the direction. If no one else attempts to correct her she simply leads the way. "If we get lost we will just have to call the barbarians for aid."
Manofdusk
 GM, 218 posts
 GM Golem
Thu 11 Apr 2019
at 04:00
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 The group presses on and Wisla finds that she's able to find the way for a pretty good while but the hill continues down while the trees remain the same height and soon the owl is lost above the canopy of trees.


 Light is beginning to dim and, even though it is still midday, the thick canopy has begin to obscure light.

 Without access to the sun, finding one's orientation has become more difficult. As Wisla touches one of the stees, she feels something sticky on her hand. Pulling it back, she finds strands of silk unyieldingly stuck to her.
Zenobia
 player, 30 posts
 Enchantress
 Owl Familiar
Sat 13 Apr 2019
at 01:39
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 Zenobia can feel that her familiar is getting uncomfortably nervous. She calls her back to her, to be on the safe side.

 As she notices the strands of silk, she comments absent-mindedly:
  "We've entered the lair of an ancient spider... better be on our most rigorous guard."

 She casts a spell to wrap herself in magical armour.


02:36, Today: Zenobia rolled 19 using 1d20+1.  aid another: survival to not get lost .
02:36, Today: Zenobia rolled 19 using 1d20+12.  Perception.

cast mage armor — AC+4

Wisla
 player, 208 posts
Sat 13 Apr 2019
at 05:30
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla pulls her bow free with one hand while allowing a tiny scorpion to crawl down her arm and examanine the webbing. After a few moments the creature climbs back up, "Any ideas Jafar." Spoken softly as her eyes keep an eye out for what might be coming.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:31, Sat 13 Apr 2019.

Manofdusk
 GM, 219 posts
 GM Golem
Sat 13 Apr 2019
at 05:45
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 Zenobia finds that calling the owl doesn't work particularly well as it can no longer seem to find your location from its vantage point.

 Nothing seems to be coming at this very moment and these threads seem to be old, judging from how easily they were pulled from the tree. Still, Jafar seems nervous. When it crawls back up her arm, it whispers to her.
Erin
 player, 103 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 49/49
Sat 13 Apr 2019
at 14:33
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
"Whatever it is," Erin said, "let's just get past it.  There's no reason to go looking for trouble."
Wisla
 player, 209 posts
Sat 13 Apr 2019
at 15:23
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla speaks back to the little scorion, "Thank you hide for now. We will get out as quickly as practical. Think on them and give me any suggestions on how to face them should they actually appear."

"Dragon Spiders they spit acid, Tavi, are we good to continue on if so i will call a barbarian so we can hurry and get through this area as quickly as possible as well as have his expertise to face the spiders if forced to." Wisla focuses on the trees trying to find the threat. While magically enchanting her bow.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:30, Sat 13 Apr 2019.

Tavi
 player, 145 posts
Mon 15 Apr 2019
at 05:00
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Tavi was still as a tree, his eyes locked onto something in the woods as he crouched down like a predator even though he still looked like a person. "Call them but cover the horns exit with a cloth. They are about to attack if we poke too much harder."

"I can try talking to them but it's one predator talking to a hoard of them, that never turns out pleasant. The Barbarians are the best bet for any further trailblazing."

"Lastly, if you don't mind, Let me borrow one of your arrows. I'll give it a light. If you fire the arrow straight up it will let or birdy friend find us as it breaches the canopy."

Wisla
 player, 210 posts
Mon 15 Apr 2019
at 05:19
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla nods and pulls forth the horn muffling the sound with the cloak she blows calling the full group to her side. Chosing to us numbers to intimidate. Once done she simply draws a blunt arrow lools up verifying a clear shot and casts the light spell herself releasing one of her reusable arrows stright up. She choses not to continue her shots.