The Journey Begins (1.0.0)   Posted by Manofdusk.Group: 0
Manofdusk
 GM, 220 posts
 GM Golem
Mon 15 Apr 2019
at 05:51
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 As Wisla fires her arrow, Erin and Zenobia can hear rustling in the canopy above them, separate from the rustling of the wind.

 Zenobia feels a rush of relief through the empathetic link as the arrow pierces the canopy above.
Zenobia
 player, 31 posts
 Enchantress
 Owl Familiar
Mon 15 Apr 2019
at 21:52
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
  "Much obliged..." Zenobia simply says when Tiva and Wisla work together to help her owl find her way back.
 She had not been too worried actually, as the undead bird would always find her way back to her, unless they were separated across the world.

  "If we can avoid a fight, that is my preference... but I understand that they may have spotted us as prey already."

 She turns to Arashi and Jessie, imagining that the two martial artists will be thrilled at the prospect of a fight with such uncanny opponents.


Zenobia rolled 25 using 1d20+6.  know nature: dragon spiders.
 As it so happens, Zenobia has met Dragon Spiders before ;)

This message was last edited by the player at 21:53, Mon 15 Apr 2019.

Arashi
 player, 145 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Tue 16 Apr 2019
at 14:49
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Arashi frowned at the news but otherwise didn't get in the way of the rest of the group. He imagined hordes of spiders spitting tiny goblets of acid and was not at all excited at the prospect of having to stomp them all to death. He looked at the strands of webbing that covered the trees and guessed that there were probably millions of the little bugs littering the place. He was a little confused when Wisla mentioned summoning the Barbarians (surely it was no more complicated than dealing with any other pest, if slightly more dangerous) but trusted her judgement. He kept his eyes peeled, looking at the canopy above for any signs of potential swarms.
Manofdusk
 GM, 221 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 04:13
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 The owl's emoting of relief was short lived as it turned to panic and then vanished from Zenobia's mind.

 There was more rustling in the treetops now. It was as though the canopy had suddenly come alive with some form of dark malevolence.
Wisla
 player, 211 posts
Sat 20 Apr 2019
at 15:46
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla searches the branches above hoping her darkvision will let her get a feel for what is going on. Wondering if the horn failed because its sounds was muted.
Manofdusk
 GM, 222 posts
 GM Golem
Sun 21 Apr 2019
at 00:53
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 It did indeed take a minute before the barbarians arrived and they drew their blades immediately as the canopy shook violently and saturated the area in, what at first seemed to be rain, but the burning of flesh and sizzling of belongings quickly suggested otherwise.

OOC: anyone who doesn't have evasion takes 3 points of damage. Also, no one can see what's up there without a Perception roll.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:24, Sun 21 Apr 2019.

Wisla
 player, 212 posts
Sun 21 Apr 2019
at 04:39
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
OOC:Perception check.
Erin
 player, 104 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 46/49
Sun 21 Apr 2019
at 13:06
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
"Why are we just standing here?" Erin asked, giving up on any enlightened leadership and pushing through the foliage away from the dangerous situation.
Arashi
 player, 148 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 53/56 AC:21 Init+6
Tue 23 Apr 2019
at 12:45
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Arashi nodded and followed Erin as he placed an arm above his head in a futile effort to shield himself from the acidic precipitation. He glanced back to make that the rest followed close by.
Manofdusk
 GM, 224 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 24 Apr 2019
at 04:30
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 The group can only see movement in the trees as the barbarians shield themselves from the acid, running in the direction opposite of the nest and urging others to do so.

 The acid continues to fall from the canopy above them and still no one can see the creatures assaulting them, other than the rustling in the trees above.

OOC: 3 more damage

 As the group flees, they see paths that didn't seem to have been there before, covered in webbing, leaving only one safe path.
Wisla
 player, 214 posts
Mon 6 May 2019
at 01:56
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
"This is a trap we are being herded." She considers and takes another look up searching for the threat once more.
Erin
 player, 105 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 46/49
Mon 6 May 2019
at 02:21
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Erin ignores Wisla and continues down the lone exit.
Arashi
 player, 149 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 50/56 AC:21 Init+6
Tue 7 May 2019
at 16:26
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Torn between wanting to support his savior and to prevent them from getting too split up, Arashi followed Erin at half her pace. He attempted to keep both Erin and Wisla within sight ready to support either in case of an emergency.
Manofdusk
 GM, 225 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 8 May 2019
at 00:14
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 The moment The group began to split, one of the creatures descended. It was larger than a man and straddled two trees as it launched webbing at Wisla (Reflex save DC 20).

 The rustling above continued in the direction of Arashi and Erin.

OOC: the two of you take 2 points of acid damage
Wisla
 player, 215 posts
Wed 8 May 2019
at 00:41
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla leaps away from the webbing and brings her bow up to bear. She was already prepared for the fight. "Group back up!"
Erin
 player, 106 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 44/49
Wed 8 May 2019
at 01:38
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Erin continued to move as fast as she could along the trail.  Whatever was spewing this the acid seemed to be moving with them.
Manofdusk
 GM, 226 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 8 May 2019
at 03:10
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 The Barbarians grouped up around wisla and one of them pulled a throwing axe from somewhere, lobbing it at the creature that had attacked Wisla, scoring a hit on its leg as the others draw their Battleaxes.
Wisla
 player, 216 posts
Wed 8 May 2019
at 03:33
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla decides to attempt to bring down the spider quickly before heading out to help the others. She pulling her bow up she decides to ready herself further for combat. Boosting her strenght with magic before begging her arrow storm.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:36, Wed 08 May 2019.

Arashi
 player, 150 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 48/56 AC:21 Init+6
Wed 8 May 2019
at 13:33
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
The monk's eyes widened as he gazed the huge arachnid. Was this creature a natural occurance, or simply a byproduct of their enemies? He stopped his thoughts from lingering further and placed his hand on his blade, ready to draw his sword and put an end to the abomination and would have done so had he not been distracted by the barbarian's attack. Arashi paused for just a moment to take in the entire situation. Wisla had an armed retinue and seemed more than capable of protecting herself, Erin on the other hand was alone and ignoring orders; charging deeper into the webbed forest.

"I will go to support Erin." He called out to Wisla before turning to give chase, keeping an eye above for any other man-sized creatures.

OOC:
Arashi rolled 30 using 1d20+15.  Perception check (1 Ki spent as immediate action for +4).
Otherwise try to keep up with Erin as best I can.

Manofdusk
 GM, 227 posts
 GM Golem
Thu 9 May 2019
at 09:10
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 Wisla manages to bring down the first spider with two well placed arrows and the help of her summoned barbarians, though now Arashi and Erin are out of her sight and one of the spiders closed off the path between them with webbing as they passed.

 The path continued for a small ways with the skittering above growing ever closer until the footing on the path gave way.

OOC: Erin needs a DC 20 reflex save to avoid slipping

 Arashi, having stopped, was far closer to the chittering pursuers but nonetheless noticed the path and the slip of Erin's foot (minor or major).
Erin
 player, 107 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 44/49
Thu 9 May 2019
at 18:38
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Erin was caught by complete surprise when the path gave way beneath her feet.

OOC: Erin rolled 7 using 1d20+4.  Reflex Save DC 20.
Arashi
 player, 151 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 48/56 AC:21 Init+6
Fri 10 May 2019
at 13:33
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Arashi noticed the pursuit of the large arachnids but felt that he could handle them as soon as they felt confident enough to go into melee. Instead he focused his efforts on Erin. He saw her fall and dove to catch her.

OOC:
Arashi rolled 16 using 1d20+9.  reflex save to catch Erin.

Manofdusk
 GM, 230 posts
 GM Golem
Sat 11 May 2019
at 02:56
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 Erin fell and Arashi dove to catch her, locking hands with her an instant before she was out of reach and now the two could see the trap clearly.

 The road had ended and the brush concealed a drop twenty feet down into a thick tangle of webbing.

 Unfortunately, even though Arashi had saved Erin, he had exposed himself to attack from the spiders and they capitalized on it, bouncing on him while he was prone. They bit into his flesh and began injecting acid into his veins (18 damage from 3 attacks) as they began to eat him alive.

 He could likely beat them back with his sword... but not while Erin weighed him down. Arashi now had a choice to make...
Wisla
 player, 219 posts
Sat 11 May 2019
at 03:48
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla focuses her magic into the bow and tries to provide cover fire firing two shots at one of the spiders as it fled. Both arrows are well aimed though firing through trees could knock them off course. Speaking to the barbarian, "Cut a path." Motions to the one closest to the fallen spider, "Recover my arrows." Hoping the warrior would see the benefit of her continued assault on there enemies.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 16:26, Sat 11 May 2019.

Erin
 player, 108 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 44/49
Sat 11 May 2019
at 15:29
Re: The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Erin dropped her longspear and scrambled to grab a root or some handhold with the free hand.

"Let go," she said decisively, regardless of her success.  "I'll be all right."