The Journey Begins (1.0.0)   Posted by Manofdusk.Group: 0
Manofdusk
 GM, 182 posts
 GM Golem
Mon 4 Mar 2019
at 05:07
The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 With introductions out of the way, the group filed out through the portal and found that, despite Zenobia not having a physical body in the Realm of the Dead, one was conjured for her the moment she stepped through the portal.

 Once through, they found Tavi lying on a patch of scorched ground moaning in discomfort.
Tavi
 player, 115 posts
Mon 4 Mar 2019
at 05:16
The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Tavi was laying flat on the ground splayed out with a bomb shoved into his mouth. There was a note stabbed into his chest. "This is Tavi writing this. Light the fuse, run, then resurrect me as fast as you can. I cant move, corruption."
Zenobia
 player, 5 posts
 Enchantress
 Owl Familiar
Mon 4 Mar 2019
at 23:32
The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
 Zenobia followed the others through the portal, with a touch of apprehension as she had never used it before. On the other side she appeared as a woman of flesh and bone, she had an air of great beauty only recently waned, but with a terrible sadness on her face.

More surpsisingly or perhaps just more noticeably, a bird had appeared on her shoulder. It was just there, as naturally as if it had always been there: a white barn owl of ghostly white plumage, with narrow black eyes observing in the distance.

Both the witch and her bird immediately took notice of the grisly display on the scorched ground. While for some the first instinct would have been to assist the man in his dire situation, she first wondered what he had done and to whom to deserve being treated thus. She did not come closer to read the note, but simply asked: “Is the man a friend of yours?
  Her incarnated voice was much warmer, deep and just slightly raspy - a voice you instantly wanted to listen to.

 Zenobia looked around and found the world depressingly dull and grey. She had imagined coming back, and expected to find joy and colour that were lacking in the land of the dead... but something was off.
Jessie
 player, 49 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 04:45
The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Jessie raised her left eyebrow. "I must admit, he is definitely an acquaintance of mine. However, this is a first I've seen of this behavior. Nor do I know his handwriting. BUT!" Jessie exclaims as she claps then rubs her hands together. "I've been looking forward to learning how to use my abilities. SO, Tavi, I hope you really wrote that letter."

Jessie ignites the fuse and lets Tavi explode. She is apalled at the mess it makes but then vigorously works to figure out how to use her gift to bring him back. Hopefully, she is at least able to make the ability work.

OOC: Painless Passing ( 1d8 temp HP and +2 enh to str), resurrect any Einherjar.

Tavi
 player, 116 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 05:03
The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
The charge he had stuffed into his mouth was a demolition charge so when it went, it went hard. It was about the fastest way Tavi had to go and that meant it was an easy passing.

Visions for Jessie!:

Tavi yanked into the living world just like last time, in a burst of feathers and a warcry. This time he had a partly cooked Peacock in his hand, his fist locked in place strangling the thing. "Fuckers know I am here." He squeezed hard enough to break its neck causing it to blow up in a poof of more feathers.

His tongue sizzled just as when he had burned the hag last time. "Thanks for the assist. I tried to contact one of the old riders. Corruption found out and tried to get me. But I did learn more than my fair share of info." He took a long sigh to cool down. "Did you bring me back something nice?"
Manofdusk
 GM, 184 posts
 GM Golem
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 06:46
The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
PM

This message was last edited by the player at 06:49, Tue 05 Mar 2019.

Arashi
 player, 129 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
 HP 56/56 AC:21 Init+6
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 14:32
The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
The monk was alarmed when he first exited the portal and looked around for Tavi's assailants while the rest looked after him. His disappointment was palpable when he realized that this was not an attack, but instead a mishap of some arcane ritual or trick.

He waited along with the others for the creature that was Tavi to expire and be brought back. He noticed the bird that appeared on Zenobia's shoulder. He was not as worldly as he would like and his time at the monastery did not leave much time to study the local wildlife, much less the more exotic fauna of the region. He thought back to Tavi's earlier request and would normally have left the feathered creature to Jessica but she was occupied at the moment. He pondered how his approach should be. Should he be upfront and just ask the stranger? It was possible that she would lie. No, he would have to use his clandestine abilities to trick her into speaking the truth!

If you need something from somebody always give that person a way to hand it to you.

That particular saying had always gone over Arashi's head. He pointed at the the bird and asked Zenobia his carefully constructed question. "Is that a peacock?" His words were nonchalant; odd given the circumstances, and he could not quite hide the malevolence in his eyes.

Subtle
Jessie
 player, 50 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 19:45
The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
In reply to Manofdusk (msg # 6):

PM

This message was last edited by the player at 20:22, Tue 05 Mar 2019.

Zenobia
 player, 7 posts
 Enchantress
 Owl Familiar
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 23:38
The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Zenobia likewise kept her distances from the explosion and the ritual, instead focusing on the surroundings and the potential dangers about. The white-feathered bird, perched at the top of her twisted waking stick, was on the lookout.

The interest and query of the monk came as a pleasant if puzzling distraction.
  “No... no, it isn’t a peacock... she is an owl, and my guide in the land of the living.”

 “Have you seen many peacocks before, mister Naru?”


 She was curious as to how one would confuse the two birds... unless one had never encountered either before —but then why even ask? She concluded that there had to be a hidden meaning behind the inane question, and grew intrigued and interested.

Zenobia rolled 29 using d20+15. Perception

This message was last edited by the player at 23:42, Tue 05 Mar 2019.

Wisla
 player, 169 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 03:23
The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla was trying to figure out another method to help Tavi when someone else did the killing. After he was raised she considered his words carfully, "Morien is sending us to find Baba Yaga. He gave us a note to introduce us and get us in."
Tavi
 player, 117 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 03:36
The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Tavi's normally happy go lucky, can't be bothered by anything, attitude drained out of him at the mention of Baba Yaga. His tone turned calm and deep as he carefully measured his words. He sounded almost afraid to his very core like she told him the world was perishing. "Are you very sure he said Baba Yaga? I can pray we run into spring... but if we run into winter that is going to be a very bad ending."

"May I see his Missve?"

Wisla
 player, 170 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 03:40
The Journey Begins (1.0.0)
Wisla handed Tavi the missive, "He said Baba Yaga." She points to her scorpion, "He is sure she doesnt exist"