Foot of the Mountain (1.0.0c)   Posted by Manofdusk.Group: 0
Manofdusk
 GM, 193 posts
 GM Golem
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 21:53
Foot of the Mountain (1.0.0c)
 Erin's travelling led her through the merchant quarter. Many of the buildings were still being built but it was obviously a rich neighborhood with gates and walls surrounding large houses. It was a far cry from the peasants living in the last village they visited.

 The largest building in this area had guards posted at the entrance.
Erin
 player, 87 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 49/49
Tue 12 Mar 2019
at 00:57
Foot of the Mountain (1.0.0c)
Erin approached the largest building and it's guards, longspear leaning upright against her shoulder.  This looked like the right place.

"My name is Erin Heinreicht," she announced.  "I'd like to speak with your captain."
Manofdusk
 GM, 203 posts
 GM Golem
Tue 19 Mar 2019
at 22:01
Foot of the Mountain (1.0.0c)
 The guards let you in with a minimum of hassle and you find a man in slightly fancier armor looking over some maps. He looks up as you enter. "How can I help you?"
Erin
 player, 88 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 49/49
Tue 19 Mar 2019
at 22:37
Foot of the Mountain (1.0.0c)
"My name is Erin Heinreicht," she repeated to her new audience.  "Our Company has been tasked by Count Harlen to deal with hostile incursions within the Empire.

"Your town seems oddly peaceful,"
she added skeptically.  "Have you news of any hostility in the area?"
Manofdusk
 GM, 205 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 20 Mar 2019
at 11:09
Foot of the Mountain (1.0.0c)
 The man shrugged. "Well, not very much actually. The elves don't tend to take to banditry and the bandits that settle in elven lands are dispatched pretty ruthlessly.

 In the mountains, there's always some kind of monster coming out of a cave or something, but with the dwarves watching the roads, it's rare we ever get involved... so yes, it's rather peaceful here.

 The only trouble we really get is from the direction you came."

Erin
 player, 89 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 49/49
Wed 20 Mar 2019
at 19:03
Foot of the Mountain (1.0.0c)
"Doesn't sound like you need any help, then," Erin replied.  "We'll be headed south toward the mountains before the end of day.

"Can you tell me anything about the roads south of here?"

Manofdusk
 GM, 207 posts
 GM Golem
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 08:48
Foot of the Mountain (1.0.0c)
 The man nods. "The road south is a toll road. It's 5 silver a person to pass through the gate. It's run by the same dwarves that patrol and maintain the road. There are rest stops around every 5 hours on the way.

 It's about three day's travel  through dwarven territory till you get to elven lands. Not much I can tell you about them though."

Erin
 player, 90 posts
 Sister of Light
 HP: 49/49
Sat 23 Mar 2019
at 03:11
Foot of the Mountain (1.0.0c)
"Thank you for the information," Erin said with a short bow.  "May Pelor's light continue to shine good fortune upon your town.

"I will take up no more of your time."


She turned to leave, planning to retrace her steps to discover what mischief the others had gotten themselves into.
Manofdusk
 GM, 208 posts
 GM Golem
Sat 23 Mar 2019
at 04:35
Foot of the Mountain (1.0.0c)
 The man stared at her with a frown and a blank look in his eyes (lacking comprehension), but said nothing as she left.