The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)   Posted by Manofdusk.Group: 0
Tavi
 player, 15 posts
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 01:23
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi picked up the frame that was his bag back up. Getting closer was a very good idea. "When we get close the kids inside will know where I am. Ill stand on the other side of the building as their looks will draw the attention of the kidnapper."

"All 'prey' know my location. Even horses do their best to hide and peek out at me. Part of the monster thing."


He smiled at Tessa, "A pretty lady often has a better chance to calm the brute than a fellow numbskull like myself. If you think you can calm a monster down then I give you my consent to do whatever you feel you need to do."
Morien
 GM, 35 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 03:03
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien listened to the group debate amongst themselves, listening to their rationale as well as their desires to press on. In the end, he decided to make camp near the fort.

 "I agree. However, I think we should avoid the road. It will inevitably draw more attention to us. That said, it will take longer to fight through the underbrush... so we might wind up at the fort closer to nightfall than we expect.

 That said, I will need someone behind me covering my tracks. My touch kills vegetation so any trail I make will be easy to follow."


 Those of you who were personally raised by Morien can remember the touch of his hand as icy cold, the touch of a graven winter.

OOC: assuming you guys agree, decide amongst yourselves who wants to be in front and who wants to be behind and make survival checks (the person in front to clear the way and the person in back to hide the path. The person in front determines how fast everyone moves and the person in back determines how easy it is to find the group.
Tavi
 player, 16 posts
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 03:57
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi tilted his head side to side, "Onward then. I am more of a middle of the group kind of guy. I can be sneaky but finding myself in the woods... I kinda have to count on nature magic and a blind badger could find me."
Arashi
 player, 54 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 14:01
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi nodded. "I will try to cover our tracks as best I can."

He was not at all trained in tracking but he felt that he could keep a close eye on Wisla and Tavi from the back, especially as it got closer to sundown. He grabbed a couple of loose branches and strung them together into a makeshift broom and began to brush away at the path that the group made while also trying to hide the trail of dead vegetation in his midst.


OOC
Today: Arashi rolled 8 using 1d20+2.  Survival: Hide Tracks.

Tessa
 player, 13 posts
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 23:53
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tessa didn't feel like taking point, but being near the front seemed like a good plan. Let her react to issues quicker and back up whoever would be leading. "I don't mind being second, tough someone better at finding their way through the woods is a better choice for the front."
Tavi
 player, 17 posts
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 03:00
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi shrugged, "Wellll, I won't get us there any faster but I do always know north, so I'll take the point. If we wait too long we may end up staying the night here anyway." He smiled and started off, he could find it his way but he was no bushcraft master of masters.
Manofdusk
 GM, 60 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 03:11
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 The trip through the brush was a slow one. True to what he'd said, Morien's presence froze and killed any plant matter he touched, leaving a splotchy but definite trail through the underbrush that Arashi, try as he might, was unable to truly cover.

 Hours passed and dusk found itself fast approaching as the group found its way near the fort. Morien forbade a fire, as it would give their presence away immediately, though it did not hamper them too much.
Tavi
 player, 18 posts
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 03:30
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi sighed as he set the frame that was his 'backpack' down and pulled free the chains and bindings from the side. He walked up to the biggest tree near the camp and spoke a word. To anyone who cared to hear the word was a vile thing, it spawned ideas of weakness and ruin.

With a full body push, he slammed a spike into the tree and spoke another word. This word was beautiful and spawned ideas of strength and fortification. He then laced a chain through the spike and started shaking himself up.

He took his time to make sure that the binding would hold, even going so far as to try and pull the chain from the tree. Once fully bound up he tossed the key to Tessa and sat down to brood.
Manofdusk
 GM, 61 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 03:37
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Night fell and, once the last rays of light vanished over the horizon, the group could hear Tavi stifle screams of pain. Those were accompanied by the pops and crunches of bones forcibly reconfiguring themselves. His skin began to stretch and tear, revealing pale scales underneath.

 His lower jaw dislocated from his skull as it distended into an unnaturally long snout, followed closely by the rest of his skull. Claws ripped through the flesh of his fingers as the skin itself began to reknit and form into a leathery webbing between each digit. His spine elongated into a massive tail fully as long as he was tall and red, saurian eyes peered out, glowing in the darkness.

 Where Tavi had once been, now sat an 8ft long crocodile, chained up against the tree.
Tessa
 player, 14 posts
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 04:03
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tessa took the key and threaded a small loop of leather through it. She then put the loop around her wrist and the key through that loop, loosely securing it to her. "Well I am not sure what exactly I expected here, but a full sized croc was not it. On the plus side, I don't think much will be willing to mess with those who would keep a beast like that around." she says after watching the Tavi-creature for a moment. "So how should we split watch up?"
Tavi
 player, 19 posts
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 04:16
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavy stood up on long legs and looked at his hands, with all five fingers. He looked at Tessa and smiled in a way that only a crocodile could. When he spoke it really did sound like the voice of such an animal. "Less a beast and more a monster. Chaotic lycanthropy. It will be different tomorrow but I have control of myself tonight." He hunkered down and leaned on the tree. "Sorry about this. Curses are a bit of a hassle. Best leave the bindings on until dawn but feel free to unlock me if something comes after us."
Wisla
 player, 61 posts
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 04:23
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"Do we even really need to sleep. It seems like all we need to is relax and await what will happen next. We should all however keep watch as best we can." Wisla had taken the spot in front of Arashi while traveling. Bow in one hand watching for any threats.
Tavi
 player, 20 posts
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 04:29
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi patted the ground with that tail. Felt like he could take a mans leg off with it, something he would have to try someday if he was attacked. "It is really up to you at this point." A voice that sounded like rocks grinding, crocodiles should not speak. "Now that we know I have control of myself you could make the choice to carry on. Keep in mind that if it is a hag or witch this is their time. A slight disadvantage, but one that we could deal with."
Arashi
 player, 55 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 20:39
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi had found himself a nice cozy spot to meditate. Tavi's transformation had disturbed his meditation, and Arashi was struck with horror as he bore witness to the man's gruesome change. His jaw shot open when the crocodile (alligator? Arashi was far from an Ornithologist) began to speak.

He looked around and noticed that the rest of the group didn't seem disturbed at all by what had just taken place. Perhaps he truly was cloistered in his old life. After one last glance at the monster Tavi he composed himself and returned to meditation. As much as he wanted to ask Morien questions about his fighting style, Arashi did not want his mind filled with new stances and maneuvers during the upcoming battle, such a distraction could very well end his new unlife.
Erin
 player, 43 posts
 Sister of Light
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 21:14
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"Why not move on he fort now?" Erin asked.  "If Tavi isn't wild tonight, we should press our advantage."

She wasn't sure if being brought back had dulled the others' compassion or that they never had any to begin with.  In either case, if children were involved, she didn't want them to suffer any longer than she could help.
Wisla
 player, 62 posts
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 02:41
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla looked at Erin as she seemed to push again for hurrying, "What advantage exactly Do we have. We have been running and traveling for two days. Battled a horde of chaos warriors and expended a good deal of resources in the battle. I want to get to the children like you do and if we have a plan of attack that takes advantage of the cover of night it is an option. We don't know what exactly we will face inside the fort. Is everyone comfortable traveling and seeing in the dark without some light source? Is everyone feeling capable of another battle? Are all Injuries recovered? I for one am still slightly injured. We need a plan that we are actually going to use to gain an advantage otherwise we are just rushing in. The worst case would be to attack to fail and not only fail to save the children but also doom the world. Even worse if we take the risk for no advantage."
Tessa
 player, 15 posts
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 02:52
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tessa considers the archer's words and finds herself in agreement. "I think you are right."</pink> she says to Wilsa. <purple>"I understand the desire to go now and maximize the potential to save the children, but I believe maximizing our chances for success and allowing those of us who need to recover energy will do that." she says in response to Erin. Turning back to Wilsa, she explains "I can slowly mend any injuries you have if you allow it. It won't be super fast, a minute to a few depending on the severity." As she finishes speaking, her right hand rapidly takes on an inky appearance, the darkness seemingly having a depth greater than her hand.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:57, Sat 03 Nov 2018.

Morien
 GM, 36 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 06:40
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien sighed. "You are both right on different points. What we need now is information. We need someone capable of scaling their walls and scouting out their forces without being seen. I've recovered from my wounds but still require rest to be able to protect anyone from damage or use some of my powers.

 Still, I should be able to scout out the fort without being seen... unless one of you believes you may be better suited to the task? In either event, I don't like assailing a fort when we have no idea what's inside."


OOC: it should be noted that Morien looks like he's wearing full plate carved from blue ice.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:41, Thu 01 Nov 2018.

Arashi
 player, 57 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 16:52
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi opened his eyes. It seemed that he would not be able to finish his meditation tonight after all. He stood up and approached the group, bowing to Morien as he addressed him. "Morien; you are far too important to risk. Please let me go in your stead. Please stay here and rest. If I am not back by the sun's rise, assume the worst." Arashi had noticed that the Frost Lord could keep up with the group without issue but still doubted his ability to remain stealthy in his ice armor.

If things got bad, Arashi could handle himself, and if not, his sacrifice would itself reveal the strength of their foes. He rightened himself before he turned to his peers and regarded each with a small but respectful nod.

To Erin, "If at all possible, I will try to save any children I find, so long as doing so does not put the rest of you in any danger." Arashi felt for the children and respected the zeal the woman, Erin, possessed. But he feared that it was far more likely that they would arrive too late. For now, he hoped his words would help temper her ever-burning fervor for the upcoming battle.

To the new woman, Tessa, "I have only taken a flesh wound from the monsters earlier, but I feel that I should be at my best for this. Please, provide what you can without straining yourself, I am deeply thankful for whatever help you provide."
Wisla
 player, 63 posts
Fri 2 Nov 2018
at 03:50
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla looks up at the idea of Morien going in and considers another idea to make a move quicker, "We do have another odd advantage. If Morien can be stealthy. Could we use the ability to summon to get inside of the Fort with stealth and couldnt Morien pull the inflitrator out with that ability?"
Morien
 GM, 37 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Fri 2 Nov 2018
at 04:39
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien nods. "Yes. I am able to do that, though it would take a bit of time to summon all of you and the method of summoning is quite visible.

 Keep in mind, however, that the ability to summon you may be used only once per day per person... meaning that, should you fall in battle, it will take a full day to return you to life.

 The other drawback to this method is that I have no means of communicating with any of you beyond a very short range... which would necessitate some form of signal."

Erin
 player, 45 posts
 Sister of Light
Sat 3 Nov 2018
at 03:36
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"Just let Arashi scout it out," Erin said.  "Then we'll see what we're up against."
Tessa
 player, 18 posts
Sat 3 Nov 2018
at 03:57
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tessa's hand remains dark as she shifts from Wilsa to Arashi. "That sounds fine to me. I'll mend your injuries and you will be fresh for the scouting mission." she says as the blackness seeps into the wounds and begins to seal them up.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:57, Sat 03 Nov 2018.

Tavi
 player, 24 posts
Sat 3 Nov 2018
at 05:23
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi reached out with that tree trunk of a tail and pulled his travel frame to him. He pulled from it's undercarriage a large book. He flipped through a few pages before he looked at Arashi. "Through careful consideration and wise steps a man can forge his path. His enemy would be wise for a man who moves carefully may seem peaceful, but that does not mean he lacks knowledge of violence, only that he is wise enough to ration it." He showed the cover, a warriors book of war prayers.

ooc everyone is at +2 vs fear for 24 hrs. And Arashi gets +2 to his next roll. Nonmagical competency bonus.
Manofdusk
 GM, 64 posts
 GM Golem
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 06:23
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Arashi said his goodbyes to the group, received what aid he could, and made his way out of the camp and into the woods. It would be potentially many hours before he returned, so now the group had time to rest for the first time since they had all been returned from the dead.

OOC: this is essentially a downtime thread now until/unless something happens.