The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)   Posted by Manofdusk.Group: 0
Manofdusk
 GM, 16 posts
 GM Golem
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 03:23
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Days passed as Morien tirelessly took each body to a pyre composed of the unburned portions of houses. Everyone got a funeral.

 With his task completed, he turned to those who had returned to the living world. "Alright. Now that this is done, what do you say we hunt down the ones that did this and make sure they never do it again?"

OOC: you may make a knowledge check (history or local, DC 15) to learn what is below:


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
The hordes of chaos tend to break apart after being defeated or completing a short term goal.

Wisla
 player, 12 posts
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 11:17
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla looks forward out into the world and sighs, "The sooner we act the less damage these monsters will do. We should make haste." Slinging her pack over her shoulder she looks to the others and awaits someone to take point.
Arashi
 player, 9 posts
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 11:43
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi rose from his meditative trance. He had managed to pluck a few of the hundreds of draws, cuts, and thrusts swirling in the tempest of his mind for the upcoming battle. He centered himself, focused his chi, and when he was finally ready, addressed the "Dreadlord".

"I too, am eager to use this second chance to bring balance to this forsaken world. Point us in the right direction, Morien."

His tone was calm and even, hoping to hide the excitement that was rising up inside him. His fingers itched for his blade and it was only thanks to his lifetime of discipline to keep his feelings in check.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:45, Fri 07 Sept 2018.

Erin
 player, 11 posts
 Sister of Light
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 12:22
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Finally, Erin thought.  If they burned every body they came across, this was going to take forever.  Granted, they had the time now, but there were still those that didn't.

She nodded acknowledgement to the Dreadlord in case he'd meant his comment as some poll requiring a tedious vote from each of them before they moved on.  They'd collected a half dozen or so from the dead.  Erin wasn't sure because some, once raised, just stared off into space.  Whether their soul hadn't yet settled or gotten lost along the way, she wasn't sure.  If they remained rooted or shambled forward would give some clue as to their undead state of mind.
Morien
 GM, 12 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 23:21
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien, having surveyed the city while he was about his work, led the group off toward the east.

 The ground had been trampled by countless feet for several miles, making tracking a simple affair. However, after another day of tracking, the group came to a large abandoned campsite. In the middle were several dead... well, they looked like men at a distance... but, upon closer inspection, it became apparent that they only resembled men at this point.

 Twisted and grotesque mockeries of a human form, with claws, tentacles, and other, less recognizable protuberances. They, unlike the people of the village, were not eaten... and the tracks through the mud split off in several directions here.
Erin
 player, 12 posts
 Sister of Light
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 00:27
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"What were these?" Erin asked, prodding one of the tentacles with her longspear.  It had been three hundred years since she'd died and their quarry may have evolved in that time.
Arashi
 player, 10 posts
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 00:49
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi scrunched his nose, unable to disguise his disgust with pity.
"I have never seen such a creature before."

He watched as the angry woman prodded
a creature.

"Are these our foes? Or simply more victims that have crossed their path?

Either way, he mused, These creatures hardly seem friendly.

His eyes scoured the area for anything of note while the others checked the body.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:25, Sun 09 Sept 2018.

Wisla
 player, 13 posts
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 23:19
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla reaches down to touch one of the deformed bodies to find out what she could about how they died and who they were. Shaking a bit from what she might find out about them.
Manofdusk
 GM, 18 posts
 GM Golem
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 03:16
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
pm
Waldo
 player, 9 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 03:01
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Waldo tilted his head and pulled out his ExplorcupineTM and started winding up a large key on its underside. "Corruption easy enough to see, though I suggest we not wait and burn the bodies. The best way to deal with corruption, be it a disease, abberation, or something far worse, fire cleanses the body and saves the soul."

The ExplorcupineTM looked like it could riddle the world with holes if it really had to.
Wisla
 player, 14 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 12:33
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"Whatever they are there actions made them monster." She almost leaps back from the body she touches and her face is full of disgust. The look someone gets when they are barely containing a desire to vomit. She stepped back and looked around for any more details she might have missed.
Morien
 GM, 13 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 20:21
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien nodded. "Indeed. It looks like they were infighting."
Erin
 player, 14 posts
 Sister of Light
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 20:38
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"Are there any towns or people in any of these directions?" she asked as she looked over the various tracks.  "Anyone we can save?"

She was far from anywhere she was familiar with and hoped someone could select a productive direction for them.
Arashi
 player, 12 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 20:50
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi hesitantly approached the corpses. "These... creatures seem to act as a river in a storm; overflowing in all directions, crashing upon itself as often as others." He paused as he reached a body and squatted down, "All too often revealing its treasures in the aftermath."

He reached down and flipped a corpse onto its back and pulled out a green emerald, showing it to the rest of the group. "These creatures do not seem the type to horde treasure. Perhaps some insight could be gained from this gem?"
Morien
 GM, 14 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 22:54
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien's eyes pulsed blue and he recoiled visibly from it. "Don't touch that with your bare hands. That is crystalized chaos and, undead or not, will turn you into one of them with enough time.

 It likely was torn from the body of one of them during the fight."


 He looked in various directions. "I must admit to not knowing much about the area, but I have a map if anyone would like to look at it."

OOC: a knowledge (or int) check (DC 15) will let you get your bearings using the map (it's an old map).
Erin
 player, 15 posts
 Sister of Light
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 23:41
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"I'll take a look at the map," Erin said, moving to retrieve the map from the Dreadlord.

"Is there a way to destroy this emerald so it may bring no further harm?"

OOC: Erin rolled 3 using 1d20+2.  Int Check (Read Map DC 15).
Waldo
 player, 10 posts
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 00:31
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Waldo was very content to let the others do all the thinking when it came down to the what's what and whos who. If it was something they needed his opinion on they would likely ask him. It wasn't hidden what his exact specialty was. So he started gathering sticks and wood to make a nice big fire. They would need to burn the dead and someone had to do it.
Arashi
 player, 13 posts
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 14:37
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi tossed the gem near Waldo's bag. "If no method of destruction can be found, perhaps it would be best that we store it away from anyone else who would happen upon it."

Arashi looked over the map with Erin. As he thought, he could not make heads or tails of it. He simply shook his head and waited patiently for someone with more skill in map reading to chime in.
Waldo
 player, 11 posts
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 19:49
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Waldo walked by with an armload of wood to burn bodies as people looked at the map. (Made a 16 check) He reached out and turned the map right side up and just kept walking to add more wood to the pile.
Manofdusk
 GM, 19 posts
 GM Golem
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 20:04
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 As Waldo turned the map right side up, recognition dawned on the faces of those looking at the map. They were just East of Velar's Stand (the now destroyed city). There were 5 small villages near here (or, at least, used to be) and, considering how the horde had split, it was a good bet that all of them were in danger.
Erin
 player, 16 posts
 Sister of Light
Wed 12 Sep 2018
at 01:55
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Now that the map was properly oriented, Erin looked up to gauge each of five trails.

"Do we split up?"
she asked.  "It looks as though there's a village in each of these directions.

"Does anyone know if any of them are still inhabited?"

Arashi
 player, 15 posts
Wed 12 Sep 2018
at 02:50
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi strode past Erin in the direction of one of the trails. Now that he had seen up close just what they were dealing with he was eager to find and eliminate this blight. Every moment pondering the correct decision was another life in danger.

"He who thinks of the best way to put out a fire shall watch his house burn down.” He quipped, "I shall head to the closest village, if you do not choose to follow me; I hope to see you again."
Wisla
 player, 15 posts
Wed 12 Sep 2018
at 07:13
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"We should stay together. It is better to save one village then split up and risk saving none. So lets go to the one that is closest and do all we can." Wisla was still shaken by the visions of these creature. The idea that those stones could turn people into monsters was disconcerting.
Erin
 player, 17 posts
 Sister of Light
Wed 12 Sep 2018
at 19:58
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"Come on," Erin said resignedly as she turned to follow Arashi at a trot.  One direction was as good as another at this point.  She just hoped they'd be in time.
Morien
 GM, 16 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Fri 14 Sep 2018
at 06:15
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien nodded and looked at Waldo. "Continue doing what you're doing. I'll summon you when we begin battle. Try to have all that needs to be done by then if you can."
Morien
 GM, 17 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Sat 15 Sep 2018
at 04:36
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 The soldiers that had returned to fight against the hordes of Chaos proved more eager than even Morien had anticipated. They took off at a run, expecting to outpace the frigid general... though, much to their surprise, he was able to keep pace despite his bulky armor.

 Day turned to evening and then to night, reducing vision considerably. Morien finally called a stop about midnight... though it was not to rest. He knelt in the trampled grass for several moments. For the first time now, in the dead of night without the fires of the dead illuminating everything, the group could see his eyes glow blue and the violet amethyst holding his cloak glowing a brilliant amethyst.

 The ground around him was glowing a greenish, almost yellow hue before all the lights stopped and Morien stood, reaching out his hand as he had done several times before, back in the city.

OOC: Virigor can now post IC.
Vigrior
 player, 8 posts
 Wolf's Fang
Sat 15 Sep 2018
at 07:21
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Pulled from the grey wasteland of despair, through the howling maelstrom, into excruciating painful corporeality. The pain faded and as he opened his eyes, the darkness did too.

Standing over him, was a man in blue full plate extending a hand. Vigrior takes it and quickly stands on shaking knees before he acclimates to the novelty of having a body again.

Vigrior is a white man of average height with long flowing white-grey hair. Once, it had been tied back in a ponytail but whatever had held it there had been lost or destroyed in time. His dirtied outfit was once grey and features a simple wool coat, thick shirt, pants, silk and leather boots and a heavy grey-and-brown cloak. He wears a lead pendant of a open-mouthed wolf around his neck.

At his side, he carries two clubs and a short spear, and in his hand is a curved blade. He'd died with it in hand and not even death had managed to pry it from his grip.

"Thank you." he says after a moment, thanking Morien.

Looking around and seeing their motley party in the middle of the road, Vigrior ventures a question, sounding a bit demanding despite himself. "What is going on?"

This message was last edited by the player at 07:21, Sat 15 Sept 2018.

Erin
 player, 19 posts
 Sister of Light
Sat 15 Sep 2018
at 22:02
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"We're trying to save a village," Erin said quickly.  "Now run."

She turned and followed her own advice in the direction they'd been heading.
Arashi
 player, 18 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Sat 15 Sep 2018
at 23:34
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi nodded and let Erin run ahead. He wanted to get a good luck at their new addition.

Oh good, a swordsman! He thought, I hope to learn from his style in the upcoming battle

He bowed in greeting. "I am Arashi Naru, we can explain on the way. Please make haste. There are lives at risk."

With that he took off, following Erin.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:36, Sat 15 Sept 2018.

Wisla
 player, 18 posts
Sun 16 Sep 2018
at 03:08
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"I am Wisla. We are hunting down monsters that destroy and pillage cities. We really do need to hurry. So come let us get to our enemies." Wisla stayed behind to explain quickly. Her preferred combat was to be at range so being a little behind wouldn't hurt her to much. After the more full explanation she took off to catch up.
Vigrior
 player, 9 posts
 Wolf's Fang
Sun 16 Sep 2018
at 07:16
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
As Erin spoke, Vigrior took a small hesitant step in the direction she was running. Arashi's introduction and gentler approach took him to a slow walk. It was Wisla's talk of monster-hunting and enemies that made him pick up the pace and run along with the rest of the pack.

"Let us take the fight to the foe." He nods to Wisla in thanks as he goes into a full sprint just so he's not slowing the rest of them down. At first he considers asking questions then decides against it to save his breath. He's so focused on his dramatically changed surroundings that it isn't until they come upon the village that it truly registers how little need there was to 'save his breath'. As he does, he quizically looks at Morien.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:17, Sun 16 Sept 2018.

Morien
 GM, 18 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Mon 17 Sep 2018
at 03:10
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 The group runs through the night as best they can and well into the morning. Around midmorning, the group finds evidence of a recently broken camp and, just before midday, the horde comes into view. They are still pretty far ahead of the group and the group can see a small village ahead.

OOC: you guys are still around 2000ft away from the horde and they are roughly that far away from the village. There are roughly 12 of them.
Erin
 player, 21 posts
 Sister of Light
Mon 17 Sep 2018
at 03:54
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"We're not going to catch them before they reach the village!" Erin shouted as she ran.  "We need them to turn around!"

She was already running as fast as she could and it wasn't going to be enough.
Wisla
 player, 19 posts
Mon 17 Sep 2018
at 08:54
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla put her head down and kept running. Not wasting any energy on speaking trying to get within 650 feet to try and get within range for an acid arrow.
Vigrior
 player, 10 posts
 Wolf's Fang
Mon 17 Sep 2018
at 10:06
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Vigrior keeps running until the more clear-eyed of the group indicate they are closing on their enemies. It isn't until Erin shouts they won't overtake them before they reach the village that Vigrior considers his own answers to the problem.

While running he takes an iron spike from his belt and starts bending, folding and molding it. Realizing it'll take too long if he keeps running he stands still and works with a furious focus. A few seconds later, he's got a rudimentary horn in his hands. Breathing in deeply, something he hadn't needed to do ever since he started running all those hours ago, he blows.

BBBBRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNN!

It sounded loudly, shattering the silence with merciless effectiveness. The sound should easily carry for miles so it serves the dual purpose of alarming those that dwell in the village and -hopefully- catching the attention of their enemies.

He starts running again and blows once more for good measure.
BBBBRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNN!

This message was last edited by the player at 07:53, Tue 18 Sept 2018.

Arashi
 player, 20 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 04:13
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi nearly drew his sword when he heard a strange sound blaring behind him. Turning, he saw that the newly risen had fashioned an instrument and was blowing it to draw attention to themselves. He smiled and nodded at the man in respect. He kept his pace with renewed vigor, excited that soon he would see if had lost any ability in the amount of time he spent... away.
Manofdusk
 GM, 27 posts
 GM Golem
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 07:21
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Even from this distance, the group could see that the villagers up ahead had heard the horn and were now at least aware of the looming danger.

 The small horde stopped... and turned. As you grew slightly closer, you could see that they were mostly naked humanoids, feral and covered with dried blood. All of them sported growths or deformations. They snarled and drew weapons with crests you recognized from the city earlier, still caked black with old blood.

 Morien stops a bit behind the group to summon Waldo (a full round action). However, as you run out of range, you can feel the loss of some sort of "connection" that you never realized was there. (there is no immediate effect)
Vigrior
 player, 12 posts
 Wolf's Fang
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 08:20
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
OOC: EDITed my previous post to show Vigrior using 2 standard actions to make and sound the horn.

Having had to stop while already at the back of the party meant Vigrior was now trailing behind his motley crew a good ten seconds, something he was very unfamiliar with. After desperately running with this pack, he now wishes to go for the throat together. Being a laggard in battle is almost as bad as deliberate cowardice.

Instincts from his bygone living days make him save his breath and focus on running. He is perhaps the last to feel the loss of connection due to his lagging but its enough to almost turn around and see what it means. Unfortunately, there is no time for such things when battle calls.
Erin
 player, 22 posts
 Sister of Light
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 21:58
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Erin was glad someone was able to get their attention.  Now they just needed to keep their heads and work together.

"Don't charge in!"
she shouted to the others as she continued to close the distance.  "Only if they don't come to us.  And stay together!"
Arashi
 player, 21 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 04:06
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi paid Erin no attention. While he was aware that they would probably have to work together to eliminate the foe that outnumbered them, the words of his masters rang in his head, hardening his resolve.

Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories.

Already disadvantaged as he knew next to nothing about these corrupted creatures he could not let his thoughts wander to the fighting styles of the others. They didn't even seem to be in proper stances-

FOCUS

Arashi shook his head and centered his thoughts on his foe. No, instead he would have to rely on his own training.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:09, Wed 19 Sept 2018.

Waldo
 player, 12 posts
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 04:40
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Like the turning of gears, Wado appeared with a torch in his hand. He looked around fairly confused about what was going on. He was tending a number of fires to ensure proper burning, and now someone was tooting their own horn. "Eh?"
Morien
 GM, 19 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 05:05
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien drew his greatsword as he looked at Waldo and nodded in the general direction of the enemy. "Time to fight."

 Some of the members of the horde drew bows and waited. While they didn't look to be in any sort of general formation, they did at least take time for the warriors to get in front of the archers and for the archers to take a little time to get into position.

 Morien glanced at Waldo. "You didn't think to grab anything that could make for makeshift tower shields, did you?"

 Those among the group suddenly heard Morien's voice in their head. Don't rush in blindly, I'm checking to see if Waldo has tower shields.


OOC: I misjudged the distance everyone is. The "connection" from before is still in place.

OOC: also, Waldo. Make an Int check (DC 10). Every point above 10 will net us 1 makeshift tower shield.
Wisla
 player, 22 posts
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 07:16
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla Continues forward shooting for getting into 1400ft. Since the enemies are drawing bow she gets ready to start engaging at max range for her bow through use of arcane pool.

OOC: She runs out of range before the words come out.
Erin
 player, 23 posts
 Sister of Light
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 18:22
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Hearing Morien's direction, Erin, slid to a stop and called to Wisla, "We're stopping.  Don't get too far away."

The Sister of Light went on the defense and kept an eye out for arrows and orders.  She was surprised at how organized the enemy seemed to be as they arrayed their forces against them.

OOC: Erin rolled 7 using 1d20+1.  Initiative.
Arashi
 player, 24 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Thu 20 Sep 2018
at 02:54
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi slowed down to a jog as he saw that the creatures drew ranged weaponry. He had thought these mindless beasts of slaughter, but instead they showed a malicious cunning that he was ill prepared for. He knew that he had time; though he was far from a fan of the weapon, he was well versed in most martial arts and knew that they were still far out of range. He looked around for a place to hide from the hail of arrows and noticed that the woman who had kept pace with him had stopped moving and the man they had left behind was suddenly here rummaging through his bag.

His confusion slowed him down some more, until finally he came to a hesitant stop. What was going on? Did the frozen warrior have a plan?

OOC: Double move towards the enemy.
Morien
 GM, 20 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Fri 21 Sep 2018
at 20:42
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien sighs as Waldo comes up empty handed with anything large enough to prove useful for cover. "I guess brute force it is."


15:33, Today: Manofdusk rolled 8 using 1d20+4.  Int.

 Morien moves forward, back into range of the group. "Unfortunately, there's nothing to be had. Guess it's time to charge it. If you stay close enough to me, I can still cover you all from the arrow barrage."

 Wisla continues to move forward, coming very close to within maximum shooting range. The other creatures also advance (double move forward, trying to get within range).


Wisla is now 1,700ft away from the enemy.
Arashi is now 1,760ft away from the enemy.
Morien, Erin, and potentially Vigrior and Waldo are now 1880ft away.
Erin
 player, 24 posts
 Sister of Light
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 01:19
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Erin remained with the Deathlord and advanced in line with him.
Wisla
 player, 28 posts
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 18:47
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla slows her headlong run and draws her bow as she advances 30 feet. Speaking words of arcane power she makes a few gestures over her bow and a large bow is overset over it before shrinking down and melding with her weapon, "Im slowing my advance now they are almost in range."
Vigrior
 player, 18 posts
 Wolf's Fang
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 20:46
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"How close is close enough?" Vigrior asks of Morien. He's still getting to grips with what was going on. His forceful resurrection, the summoning of Waldo, their strange menagerie of foes...

Gripping his sword with determination, he closes the distance to Wisla.
Morien
 GM, 21 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 23:33
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 "Roughly 190ft. You'll feel a 'disconnect' if you go too far."

 Morien continued his advance at a run. "We've still a ways to go. Stay spread a bit so they can't hit us with a volley. Unless any of you have a better idea, we'll begin our charge now."


 Wisla is now 1,580ft away from the enemy.
 Arashi is now 1,700ft away from the enemy. (going to assume a double move from Arashi)
 Morien, Erin, and potentially Vigrior and Waldo are now 1700ft away.
Morien
 GM, 22 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 08:49
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 The group set off at a sprint with Morien in the middle and somewhat behind as the archers in the back set off volley after volley as the group closed the distance.

 As the group closed, Wisla followed closely behind, stopping to fire off a sizzling projectile over the group's head, striking one of the creature's square in the chest. It howled in pain and rage... a howl that could not have possibly come from a human's throat.

 Once she fired off her magical bolt, she continued running, now slightly behind the group as they came into range. Now within 140ft (160ft for Wisla), they could no longer run at full speed or their enemy would charge them.

 While these creatures could be mistaken for human at previous distances, a closer look revealed that they were not. Patches of skin were scaly or leathery. Teeth had been elongated into tusks or fange. Hands had twisted into gnarled claws or horns had sprouted from bony crowns. Some possessed hooved feet but no two was the same.

 The leader (the one that had been struck with the sizzling arrow snarled at you and raised his warhammer as his lower jaw split in half down the middle, opening up into a horrifying maw of lamprey like rows of teeth and a tongue that writhed as if it were a separate living thing, dripping black ichor and snapping its own separate mandibles.

 Morien pulls a blody arrow out from between the plates of his armor as he stares down the beast.
Wisla
 player, 32 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 12:10
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla encahncts her weapon again with her arcane power and casting a spell and her arms seem to expand muscle bulging. She draws back her bow and release two brutal arrows with firing two arrows at the angry leader trying to put him down. The first one a well aimed power strike. The second is a wild shot that slams into the ground.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:13, Tue 25 Sept 2018.

Erin
 player, 26 posts
 Sister of Light
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 13:00
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Running beside the Deathlord, Erin avoided most of the arrows, needing only to knock one aside as they closed the distance.  As they slowed to close the final distance, she took up her longspear in both hands in preparation for the impact.

OOC: Erin rolled 6,9,23,5,23 using d20+4,d20+4,d20+4,d20+4,d20+4 ((2,5,19,1,19)).
Waldo
 player, 13 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 23:58
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Sadly Waldo was still extremely limited when it came to range until he got a chance to build some wands. So he pulled out the Explocupinetm which latched onto his arm. When they got closer he could start shooting, but until then all he could do is help prepare. "Remind me to make some tower shields later if you dont mind."
Arashi
 player, 28 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Tue 25 Sep 2018
at 01:41
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi tried to dodge the hail of arrows but he was still stiff from his time 'away'. As the monsters approached, he slowed down and placed his hands on his still sheathed blade as he readied himself against the onslaught.

Total is 17, 15, 8, 16, 10,

He realized that if he charged, Arashi would get overwhelmed by the sheer number. Instead he opted to take the more cautious approach.

OOC: Double Move

This message was last edited by the player at 13:02, Tue 25 Sept 2018.

Vigrior
 player, 22 posts
 Wolf's Fang
Tue 25 Sep 2018
at 13:23
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
08:05, Today: Vigrior rolled 57 using 5d20 with rolls of 9,5,13,12,18.  reflex saves.
OOC: Double move


Vigrior seems to walk between, the arrows rain down around him, his path bending and veering ever so slightly. Fortunately, none of the arrows managed to hit him. Slowing his mad dash forward, Vigrior locked steps with Arashi. Two swordmen backed by archery against the horde.
Erin
 player, 27 posts
 Sister of Light
Tue 25 Sep 2018
at 15:07
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Erin remained in line with the Deathlord as he advanced.
Morien
 GM, 23 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 06:33
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 As the group finally got into range, they changed tactics and, instead of volleying, began targeting you individually, to surprising effect.

 Wisla took two shots, each to vital points in the chest. Had she been alive, she would have been badly hurt. (2 and 6 damage)

 Vigrior, in lockstep with Arashi, narrowly avoided an arrow to the face. Instead, it whizzed past his ear harmlessly.

 Arashi, however, DID take an arrow to the face. However, he felt some unseen force soak most of the impact, leaving nothing more than a scar on his cheek. Erin, nearby, saw a slight trickle of blood out of Morien's faceplate at the same time.

 Arashi managed to take another arrow to the shoulder as a third planted itself in the ground between his feet (2 and 2 damage total)

 Waldo, hiding behind Morien, took a well aimed shot to the knee. (7 damage)

 Surprisingly, Erin was not targeted at all while an arrow managed to catch him between the plates of his armor


 Their enemies held their position, the two warriors interposing themselves between the group and the archers.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:42, Wed 26 Sept 2018.

Arashi
 player, 30 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 15:00
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi was taken by surprise by the sudden change of tactics. He bent low and slowed his advance. He assumed they would charge at him so he prepared to dodge their blows before returning with his own.

Use their momentum against them, Arashi, and like a reed in a gale, you shall not break.

He peered over at Morien and was unfamiliar with the fighting stance he had entered. He would have to discuss this with him at a later date.

OOC: Action: Total Defense +4 dodge to ac, AC is now 23
     Move: Move 30ft
     

Wisla
 player, 33 posts
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 15:31
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla is suprised at how well aimed the two attack were but doesnt let the shots bother her. She shifts forward and outward keeping her angle of attack. Focusing her arcane power into her bow she unleashes two more arrows. Aiming first at the leader she had already been focusing down. Focusing next on one of the archers that hit her. Should her opening shot bring him down. "These ones seem to be getting lucky." 

This message was last edited by the player at 06:25, Mon 01 Oct 2018.

Erin
 player, 28 posts
 Sister of Light
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 03:20
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Erin stuck to the Deathlord in their advance, longspear in both hands.
Morien
 GM, 24 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Mon 1 Oct 2018
at 07:14
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien took a defensive stance and slowed to a stop as he saw his companions defending themselves (delay action)

 The second row of archers, took another set of shots. Waldo took an arrow to the shoulder (1 damage), two more aimed at Arashi. Fortunately, with his skilled defense, he managed to block both incoming arrows. Vigrior and Erin were not quite so lucky (4 damage each).

 Wisla, with her powerful shots, managed to drop the chaos leader, though it took both arrows to drop him. He clutched his wounds and let out a horrific noise that no human throat could make before collapsing in a pool of ichor.

 The remaining 5 dropped their bows, picked up their blades, and charged, alongside the only remaining bowless warrior.

 Arashi and Vigrior met the charge of two beefy chaos beasts as they brought their two handed blades in savage downward arcs. However, both manage to handily deflect the incoming blows.

 Two circled the front line warriors and charged Erin, who was guarding Morien. Each managed to drive their blades into her with two handed strikes. However, one of those hits stopped far shorter than its force would have otherwise indicated (9 damage total)

 The final warrior went toe to toe with Morien, swinging wildly, only to have the blade bounce harmlessly off his armor.



 Morien retaliates with a massive upwards slash, cleaving the chaos warrior in half with a single strike... and, as he does so, Wisla finds herself cloaked in a crimson aura and the severity of her wounds are lessened (healed for 9).

 His victory roar triggers an upwelling of battle frenzy within everyone else, despite your now undead nature (you gain +4 to attack and damage for the rest of your round).

 Erin finds her mind filled with a new sensation. Conviction and wrath fill her and she gains a flash of insight. (for 1 minute, Erin has the single use ability to make a single attack at +4d6 damage. If it hits, she, or an ally within 30ft will heal 4d6 damage)
Wisla
 player, 40 posts
Mon 1 Oct 2018
at 08:11
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla Feels battle fury flow into her and decides to rain even more death down this round. Enchanting the bow with arcane power power again she begins casting a spell loosing the anchor of force as part of an arrow. Aiming for an archer within range. Following up the spell enchanted arrow with two more arrows one perfectly aimed finding an eye in the target and the 2nd still fairly well aimed. If for some reason her first target is killed she focus arrows onto the next archer.
Arashi
 player, 33 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Mon 1 Oct 2018
at 14:48
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi sidestepped the downward slash. It was like he was back at the monastery sparring with his brothers in arms. This was no simple spar, however, and that meant that Arashi did not need to hold back.

"If one gains a victory in battle, but does not exploit those achievements, it is disastrous. This is called waste and delay."

Arashi would not waste the opening granted to him. He reached for his blade and released it from it's shackles. It cried out and raked across the beast before being sheathed almost immediately. Arashi was careful not to keep the blade out for too long, lest his blood-lust went out of control.

OOC:

Stardard Action: Rippling Current Strike
Arashi rolled 24 using 1d20+12.  Rippling Current Strike. The target is considered flat-footed against this attack.
Assuming this hit:
Arashi rolled 27 using 5d6+13.  Rippling Current Strike Damage (-2 if weapon is not honed). (I assumed Arashi had ten minutes to hone his blade earlier, but if not, please reduce this damage by 2)


Move Action: 5ft step away from the attacker

Free action: Sheathe weapon (this does not provoke)

Erin
 player, 30 posts
 Sister of Light
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 00:55
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Having just injured one of the demons as they approached with her longspear, she stepped back and stabbed at the injured one with the added strength channeled from the Deathlord beside her.

OOC:
Erin rolled 12 using 1d20+5.  Longspear strike, AoO 1. Miss?
Erin rolled 16 using 1d20+5.  Longspear strike, AoO 2. Hit
Erin rolled 24 using 1d20+5.  Longspear strike Round 1. Hit
Erin rolled 4 using 1d8+2.  Longspear damage. AoO
Erin rolled 5 using 1d8+2.  Longspear damage. Round 1
Erin rolled 9 using 4d6.  Wrath strike! Heal 9 to Morien

Vigrior
 player, 26 posts
 Wolf's Fang
 4 damage
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 06:31
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Vigrior was ready to capitalize on Arashi's attack, putting forward momentum into a full-bodied swing as he traces a glowing arcane rune in the sky. His attack goes wide as he halts his momentum half-way: his pack is not in place and is instead retreating from their foe!

Falling back himself, Vigrior looks askance and frustrated in Arashi's direction. "Why do you pull back instead of press forward?! We should slay these mongrel quickly!" Vigrior seems unable to keep a hint of resentment out of his voice.

OOC:
Swift: Darken Blade (1 minute)
Stnrd: Attack (miss, nat 1)
Move:  5ft back to stick to Arashi.

08:26, Today: Vigrior rolled 17 using 1d20+16.  Slashy attack.

Morien
 GM, 25 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 07:38
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Two chaos archers fall from Wisla's well placed arrows, one through the skull and another through the heart as Arashi cleaves his foe in twain with his quickdraw slash. Erin manages to give a savage stab to one of her two attackers and, like before, a crimson light surrounds Morien.


 The three remaining archers continue their assault. One of the arrows whizzes past Vigrior and another lands near Wisla's feet. However, one lodges itself between Morien's shoulder plates. The two continue to press the assault against Erin but she easily manages to deflect thei wild blows and the one fighting Vigrior finds his blade deflected handily.

 Morien steps in to finish off the foe that Erin had wounded but his strike goes wide as the arrow breaks against his shoulder plates, restricting his movement.
Wisla
 player, 41 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 08:50
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla continues her slow advance and rain of arrows. Firing another pair of arrow into the enemy archers focusing on the one that actually hit last round first. Trying to get rid of the enemies range support as quickly as she can. Her first arrow seems to be less well aimed even if it hits the arrow just doesnt connect well. The Second finds its mark handily.  Wisla is actually surprised the archers aren't focusing on bringing her down.
Arashi
 player, 35 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 14:49
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi hopped over the two halves of the creature he split and dashed towards the archers. He saw that his savior had already fired two arrows, he focused on the archer that had gone undisturbed.

"We must crash upon them like a wave, erode at their numbers and not overextend lest we find ourselves caught and dried away." He called out to Vigrior without looking back.

He reached for his weapon yet again, releasing it from it's sheathe only momentarily. A flash of light and sound is released and screamed towards the archer in question. Arashi hoped that the attack was enough to draw attention away from Wilsa before he sheathed his weapon yet again.

OOC:

Move Action: Move 30 towards archers

Standard Action: Iron Wave Strike
Arashi rolled 16 using 1d20+9.  Iron wave strike (Range 35 ft).
Arashi rolled 21 using 4d6+9.  Iron wave strike Damage.
Assuming this hit and the archer survived, DC 16 will save vs vulnerable to silver.

Free action: Sheathe weapon; recover Rippling Current.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:53, Tue 02 Oct 2018.

Erin
 player, 33 posts
 Sister of Light
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 20:17
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Dodging both the demon blows and that of the Deathlord, Erin dropped her spear in the close melee and swung around with her mace.  Having to duck so many swings from all directions, her blow deflected off of the injured demon.

OOC:
Erin rolled 10 using 1d20+5.  Mace swing at injured demon.
Even with an additional +4 morale, probably misses.

Morien
 GM, 27 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 06:01
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien swings crossways from his downward strike, catching the beast across the stomach (+2d6 damage dealt to this target this round) and Erin, once more, finds her mind filled an innate understanding of how to use team work to maximize damage

 However, the beast that Morien struck still stands, despite the slash and stab wounds on its body.

 The archer Wisla hit staggered back but did not buckle beneath the force of the blow. It let out a horrid screech, took a step back, and fired at her. The arrow flew true but did little more than graze her leg (1 point of damage).

 The other archer reeled from Arashi's blow and dropped his own, drawing a nasty looking sabre, rusted and chipped to form a brutal serrated edge. It swings with the same swiftness as Arashi but with none of the skill, its attack going wide.

 Erin's stab against her other attacker went wide and the warrior took advantage, narrowly missing something vital. (12 points of damage).
Arashi
 player, 38 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 16:46
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi's hardened eyes softened as he witness his opponent's form. This was no mighty foe, but a trained animal too feral to learn from. There was no honor in this. He would have to take solace there was in serving some minute justice and perhaps saving the lives of the nearby village.

"Rest, beast." He said, his voice mixed with bitterness and pity. His hands were a blur, having already sheathed his sword by the time the wound appeared on the creature. The rest of the creatures should be down by now and he would not rob his allies from whatever honor or glory they could scrap together from this skirmish.


OOC:

Standard Action:
Today: Arashi rolled 26 using 1d20+12.  Swift Current Strike. (Target is considered flat-footed)
Today: Arashi rolled 22 using 3d6+13.  Swift Current Strike Damage.

Move Action: None

Free action: Sheathe Weapon (Recover Iron wave strike)

Erin
 player, 34 posts
 Sister of Light
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 01:03
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Erin missed again with her mace, but stayed close to the Deathlord.

OOC: Erin rolled 14 using 1d20+5.  Mace swing.
Wisla
 player, 45 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 06:26
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla fires off one shot. It finds its mark and kills another archer. She takes off from her spot swing outward to try and get an angle of attack. Trying to open up clear lines of fire to the remaining enemies. Focusing mainly on the ones still on Erin. Trying the telepathic bond others had used she calls aloud and as loud as she can press through her mind, "Try to keep my angle of fire clear."
Morien
 GM, 28 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Sun 7 Oct 2018
at 02:35
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien's foe swings with his rusty blade, finding a gap in his armor to strike. Blood trickles from between the plates of his armor as he retaliates with his greatsword, wedging the blade deep in his foe's neck, dropping him to the ground.
 Erin's foe capitalizes on her miss with a retaliation of his own, sweeping his blade across her arm, leaving a nasty gash. (6 damage)

 Vigrior's foe strikes at him but his blade is deflected yet again.

 Wisla's arrow flies true, dropping the opposing archer in the same moment as Arashi severs the head from his foe. Both bodies fall in unison as the two warriors turn to the last two remaining enemies.
Wisla
 player, 46 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2018
at 06:02
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla shift once more and opens fire on the remaining enemy on Erin. Trying to bring it down. Two more well aimed arrows fly into the enemies. Raining death and destruction down.
Arashi
 player, 39 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Mon 8 Oct 2018
at 14:50
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi noticed Vigrior's defensive fighting style with disappointment. His form was correct but it was unseemly to play with you opponent like that, especially one so feral. Seeking to put an end to the torture he rushed behind the creature to finish it off as quickly as possible.

Arashi slashed at his target and gave Vigrior a sour look before he sheathed his weapon yet again, flicking the blood off of it with a single wipe before the did so.

OOC:
Move to flank Vigrior's opponent.

Standard
Rippling Current Strike (Target is flat footed)
Arashi rolled 22 using 1d20+12.  Rippling Current Strike.
Arashi rolled 31 using 5d6+13.  Rippling Current Strike Damage.

Free action: Sheathe weapon; recover Swift Current Strike

Erin
 player, 35 posts
 Sister of Light
Mon 8 Oct 2018
at 15:09
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Given her poor showing and Arashi cleaning up without difficulty, Erin also switched to defense to give the man time to catch up.
Manofdusk
 GM, 48 posts
 GM Golem
Tue 9 Oct 2018
at 01:53
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Wisla and Arashi manage to defeat the last two foes handily with bladework and arrows as Vigrior fades from view after the battle. The dead lay scattered on the ground and the buildings can be seen a bit through the trees.
Wisla
 player, 48 posts
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 02:14
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla keeps her bow in one hand while moving to reclaim her spent arrows. Speaking up when she is close enough to the others to speak comfortably. When she removes one of her arrows she activates her painless passing to send on any monster that is bleeding out. Hoping they gain some peace in whatever follows. Speaking up when nearby, "How did everyone fair? Erin you looked like you took a beating?"
Erin
 player, 36 posts
 Sister of Light
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 02:25
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"I'll be all right," she said, looking over her injuries.  "I just need to learn how they fight.  How we fight.

"We should move on to the village, see that everyone's all right."

Manofdusk
 GM, 49 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 04:08
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien agrees and, after recovering Wisla's arrows, the group begins making their way through the woods to the village. One the way there, the group passes a monument of sorts with ashes in an urn on top. At the base of the monument was a much newer corpse.
Arashi
 player, 40 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 16:37
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi turned to Erin as Wisa overlooked her injuries. He realized that perhaps not everyone that was brought back was a warrior like him. He wondered where Erin's abilities lay. She was right; they should check on the village in case one or more of the beasts went through. Before he joined with the rest, he took one last look at the fallen. He was neither familiar with the funeral rights of the area nor was he sure these things even deserved the honor. He resolved to leave the bodies where they were, his hesitation weighing on his mind as he traveled.

Upon passing the monument he turned to Wisa, the woman who brought him back. "A possible new recruit? Hopefully they have a fighting spirit."
Wisla
 player, 50 posts
Thu 11 Oct 2018
at 02:37
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla walks to the newer corpse and places a hand on it seeing the history and who the person is and was. Seeing if the person is a candidate for return. Allowing her raven wings to come out of her back. Allowing herself to feel the person past.
Morien
 GM, 29 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Thu 11 Oct 2018
at 03:50
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 As Wisla checks the body, Morien checks the urn. However, he jerks his hand back after a moment, looking at the urn quizzically before reaching out his hand again.
Tavi
 player, 2 posts
Thu 11 Oct 2018
at 04:06
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
A life in review
Tessa
 player, 2 posts
Thu 11 Oct 2018
at 12:04
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Inside the Urn:
Morien
 GM, 30 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Thu 11 Oct 2018
at 19:54
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien withdraws his hand from the urn as the amethyst on the clasp of his cloak begins to glow. From his hand is the glowing, ephemeral figure of another hand clasping his which slowly grows into a more complete, ghostly figure of a woman floating in the air a few inches above the ground. However, as the body fully materializes, her from grows solid and physical and she begins to fall. He takes his other arm around her waist to steady her for a moment before letting go. "Welcome back."
Tessa
 player, 3 posts
Thu 11 Oct 2018
at 20:33
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
She tries to move her arms and hands, struggling as they slowly gain the ability to respond. It seems the 'chill of the grave' also applied to how you feel when you are brought back. She tried to reply but no sounds came out and the muscles that controlled speech seemed to merely quiver in protest as she tried to use them. A bit of struggle and a few grunting noises later, she manages to speak in a rather hoarse tone. "Than-k you" the speech was broken, each syllable hard to get out. She held her hand up to her chest "Teh-sah" she says, indicating her name. The arm movement required less effort than before she noticed. This encouraged her to continue using her muscles to improve their response. The process of bringing her here had clothed her like she was before:

This message was last edited by the player at 20:33, Thu 11 Oct 2018.

Erin
 player, 37 posts
 Sister of Light
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 01:12
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"Let's keep moving," Erin said.  "If this village is all right, we could backtrack and follow another trail."
Arashi
 player, 43 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 01:28
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi nodded at Erin as he turned to greet the new "warrior", not that she looked anything of the sort. He gave her a once over. Her style of dress was unfamiliar and she wore armor so it was unlikely that she was a monk; they preferred other, more esoteric methods of protection.

No weapon.

Arashi fought to hide his disappointment. It seemed that he had only the "Frost Lord" to discuss swordsmanship with. How unfortunate. Judging from the rest of the group, however, Arashi was sure that this woman could hold her own, whatever methods she employed.

Arashi waited until the woman was on her feet before addressing her with a bow. "Teh-sah, welcome. I am Arashi Naru. We believe several villages may be under attack. Please come with us when you are ready." He turned to address Morien. "Morien, Please stay with Teh-sa and Wisa while she finishes up. I shall try to catch up to Erin. I feel that it is unwise to travel alone in these times."
Wisla
 player, 51 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 03:24
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla watches the life and her face falls with the grief and pain. The dark past and the painful life. She opens her mouth and speaks to the corpse, "Do you want to help keep others from suffering? To return and help defend the world. To help make sure no other child is left to suffer at the hands of monsters?"
Tessa
 player, 5 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 03:47
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Her jaw and legs working again and seeing this group was able to bring her back, she says "Thanks. It's Tessa, had a little trouble getting my jaw and tongue to play along. Must be part of the reanimation process. I will aid you as best I can. In life I played with veil that separates the worlds, the very one that our armored friend here pulled me through." as she forces her legs to move with the group, albeit slower than them and she isn't too far away when the other one begins talking to the corpse. Curiosity is written plain on her face.
Tavi
 player, 3 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 03:52
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
The great feather war.

The response came from the middle of a ghostly field with a man fighting an apparently eternal army of peacocks. They ignore you but seem intent on killing him permanently... and everyone he kills spawns another.

It's a din of the screams of the colorful birds, so you almost miss the hand reaching out to you. "A WINDOW!" A arrow with a peacock feather scratched her armor as the man reached out and pulled himself through in an explosion of peacock feathers.

In his free hand, he was strangling one of the spectral birds to death. He was half there and half out as he was fighting like a corpse. Using his limbs to slam the birds, use another bird to bash one. It was a dead man fighting the army of ghost birds.

Once he was fully through he lost his grip on the one bird, as they couldn't cross the boundary with him, he then failed his arms like clubs looking for more of the soul killers. The litany of profanity that poured from his lips would make the worst person wonder.

OOC: only the Valkries can see the birds.
Morien
 GM, 31 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 03:56
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Once Tessa had finally gotten her legs to working, Morien let go. He watched with an eye quirked as the newcomer came through. "That's... new. It explains the squawking from the other side though."
Tavi
 player, 4 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 03:59
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi pointed the colorful arrow at Morien "ΝΕΟΣ? ΤΡΟΠΟΠΟΙΗΣΕΤΕ ΤΡΕΙΣ ΗΜΕΡΕΣ!" He then took the silver arrow and put it in Wilsa's hands "Здесь вы можете лучше использовать это, чем я."

The strange man then started to move his limbs in odd ways trying to get everything working again. He had to deal with things like this before, once he had been poisoned and lost all use of his left side, that was an ordeal.
Morien
 GM, 32 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 04:07
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien stared at the newcomer for a moment. "Riiiight… looks like he's still scrambled from reanimation. Let's give him a day or so and, if it's not fixed, we can kill and reanimate him again, see if that fixes it."

 He turned to Tessa and gavea slight nod. "My name is Morien. I have learned a bit about piercing the veil and returning the worthy from the other side. You, as one of my Valkyr, now have that ability as well."
Wisla
 player, 53 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 04:17
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
In reply to Tavi (msg # 96):

Wisla took the arrow and nods to him. Pulling her wings back in, "Thank you and welcome back." Placing the arrow into her quiver. She looks at the others as they run off, "We should gather back up with our allies."
Tavi
 player, 5 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 04:25
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
When Wisla spoke Tavi bent down a little bit to look directly at her lips. "There we go, sorry about that." He took a long sigh, "Sorry for grabbing you and pulling through, been fighting for a few days, thanks for the assist." He walked like a puppet over to his corpse, unchained it from the ground and removed all of his gear as if he had been stripping a vase.

He turned and walked the best he could with Wisla, still moving like a corpse but a little better more and more.
Morien
 GM, 33 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 04:29
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien walked slowly with his two new allies as they regained their strength and the feeling in their limbs as they made their way to the town, where they were greated by armed and poorly armoured peasants.

 They held their weapons menacingly at the ready.

 Morien looked at the two newcomers to their group. "We were hunting chaos beasts and one of ours blew a horn to get their attention and alert the town. It seems to have worked."
Erin
 player, 38 posts
 Sister of Light
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 01:35
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"Have you seen any more of those beasts?" Erin called out to the villagers.  "We're hunting them all down."
Wisla
 player, 54 posts
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 19:31
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla nods to Tavi, "Its alright I remember when I came back to unlife it was difficult. There are some advantages to the new form. We were able to run for hours nonstop to catch the monsters before they got to the city."

Wisla looks over at Tessa having missed her revival while she was pulling Tavi through, "Im sorry I missed your return. I am Wisla its nice to meet you."


Tavi
 player, 6 posts
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 19:50
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi looked a little surprised. "I do hope you all do camp for the nights. Even golem casters and liches need rest to empower their magic. And I need to anchor myself come night fall."

"How long have you all been at this?"

Tessa
 player, 6 posts
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 19:52
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tessa had watched the revival with interest. "Tessa, it is nice to meet you as well." she says in response to the other woman. Turning to the one who had brought her back she replied "I am happy to help you hunt the beasts down. I am eager to test what this body can do."
Arashi
 player, 44 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 21:03
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi bowed as the others approached but did not speak lest he interrupt whatever diplomacy was going on. It seemed that the villagers were safe so there seemed to be no reason to engage with them further. Still, the distraction provided him ample time to observe the new recruits. He was not sure which one was the more oddly dressed but he certainly was pleased to see the swords carried by Tavi. Arashi was eager to see another swordsman in action and learn from his style.
Manofdusk
 GM, 53 posts
 GM Golem
Sun 14 Oct 2018
at 01:39
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 The men kept their weapons ready, though one of them spoke up and above the rest. "The only things we've seen today are you. We heard the war horns. Be ye friend or foe?"

 Morien sighs. "Diplomacy is not my strong suite. Can any of you calm them down?"
Tavi
 player, 7 posts
Sun 14 Oct 2018
at 04:45
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi shrugged and called back. "Friend, as you say. Not looking for trouble, just passing through hunting monsters. Hopefully with enough work we can get the roads safe again for a time."

"If you don't mind we would like to not be run through, you all seem fit for war and we won't be looking to stir up trouble."

Tessa
 player, 7 posts
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 22:39
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tessa studied the reactions of the men and their reactions to her companion's words. Tessa hoped that the men would just let them be, no reason to fight if it is not necessary. Also, if everyone else here was like her, it wouldn't be much of a fight anyway.
Erin
 player, 39 posts
 Sister of Light
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 01:18
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"If they're all right, we don't need to be here," Erin said.  "Let's get back to one of the other trails.

"Unless,"
she paused, thinking.  She turned back to the villagers and asked, "Where is the nearest village to here and how do we get there?"

It might be faster if there were a road to the next village.  Backtracking would take time.  They would finally catch up with them, but perhaps not soon enough.
Arashi
 player, 45 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Thu 18 Oct 2018
at 16:30
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi nodded. He had forgotten who had the map at this point, but was uninterested in the status of these peasants. They were safe and that mattered, in fact, further communication could reveal their status as Undead or cause some other misunderstanding.

He turned to Morien, "Do you have the map? Once we find a heading we can start moving again. I see no need to trouble these humble folks while there are lives still at risk."
Morien
 GM, 34 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 05:32
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 The peasants lowered their weapons slightly, though stil not much... and a bit more when the others started talking about leaving. "We have no maps here. If you're leaving, best be on your way. There's nothing for your ilk here."

 Morien sighed as he pulled out his map as he walked away a bit. He looked at where they were, where they had come from, and where the other villages were. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, by the time we get to any of the other villages, all we are going to find are corpses. We ran all this way and only barely caught this group. The rest now have at least three days on us and the other villages weren't that far away from where we left.

 The goal was never to save everyone. With a group this size, that's impossible. The only thing we can do is save as many people as possible as we travel. My suggestion is that we help these people if we can and see if they know where any old ruins are. We are going to require a great many Arcanthis gems before we head north."

Wisla
 player, 55 posts
Sun 21 Oct 2018
at 02:57
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla considers carfully the peaseant seem uncofortable with them and that could end poorly. She decided to step forward and see if the unearthly beauty to her advantage. With smiles she steps forward, "Excuse me are there any old ruins around here. We are hunting monsters. They already destroyed, Arelisia. They divided up and are attacking villages. We will help if we can but we must seek out weapons to use against the monsters. Please any information would be useful" She stops short of offering to let some of them join in battle against the monsters.
Manofdusk
 GM, 55 posts
 GM Golem
Mon 22 Oct 2018
at 05:35
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 The peasants raise their weapons as Wisla approaches, even though the group has put away their weapons, the peasants are unfriendly, bordering on hostile, and the situation seems to be getting more volatile.
Arashi
 player, 47 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Mon 22 Oct 2018
at 14:39
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
You could cut the tension with a knife. Arashi regarded the villagers with a frown. He did not want to strike down the very people he had sought to save, but he would let no harm come to his savior. He let his hands fall and close around his hilt but did not dare to draw the blade lest he spark the already loaded situation. He eyed the most aggressive around Wisa; he scanned their body language and prepared a counter-strike in case they attacked.
Tavi
 player, 8 posts
Tue 23 Oct 2018
at 00:44
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi held up his arms and stepped in between Wisla and the group more for dramatic effect than anything else. "Hey now, what kind of man pulls a weapon on a pretty lady who is trying to speak kindly to them?" He put his hands on his hips, "Here she is being nice and you draw up your weapons. You know who does that? Brigands."

"You'll get no harm from us but I honestly think you owe such a lovely lady an apology."

Tessa
 player, 9 posts
Tue 23 Oct 2018
at 01:37
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tessa held back while the conversation became heated. She knew that saying much now wouldn't help the situation and she did not want to harm these people if it could be helped. Seeing the reactions of the group that brought her back, she flexed her fingers and waited for the assault she hoped would not come.
Manofdusk
 GM, 56 posts
 GM Golem
Tue 23 Oct 2018
at 04:10
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 The peasants look at Tavi, then as Wisla, then at each other, and then at their weapons. Their eyes soften and they lower their weapons. "Yes, I suppose you're right. Please forgive us. Life has not been kind to us lately, between roving bands of monsters and the witch that has taken up residence in the fort nearby, cursing our crops and stealing our children."
Arashi
 player, 48 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Tue 23 Oct 2018
at 12:44
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi let out a sigh of relief and released the grip on his weapon. "An old fort would certainly fit the description of old ruins." He mused, "Even if it turns out to be fruitless, this land would hardly miss one witch."

He called out to the peasants, "Where is this Fort? Any information on this witch would be helpful."
Tavi
 player, 10 posts
Tue 23 Oct 2018
at 14:24
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
He turned to the group, "Well there you go, children stealing monsters. Call me crazy but that seems like a fairly good thing for monster hunters to handle. Free the kids if they are there, or burn the place to the ground so we can make sure that the folk here don't ever have to deal with missing kids again."

"Who knows, we may even be able to turn the fort into a waystation or base if we come this way again."
Arashi mentioned witch and Tavi frowned deeply .
Manofdusk
 GM, 57 posts
 GM Golem
Thu 25 Oct 2018
at 04:57
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 The villagers pointed off in a generally northeastern direction. "The fort overlooks an old road that once went to a mining camp, but the silver dried up and so did any reason to keep the fort manned. Now goblins live the caverns, but they generally leave well enough alone. They trade with us from time to time. Sometimes they find nuggets the miners missed."

 Morien nodded. "That sounds like an excellent idea. We'd need a way to keep it manned or something else would likely just move in once we left."
Erin
 player, 40 posts
 Sister of Light
Fri 26 Oct 2018
at 14:22
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Erin didn't care where they went, just that they went somewhere.
Wisla
 player, 59 posts
Fri 26 Oct 2018
at 15:15
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
In reply to Manofdusk (msg # 120):

Wisla considered the option for a few minutes, "I dont think the villagers could man the fort. Perhaps the goblins could be persuaded to help." Looking at Morien, "Perhaps an old goblin hero could take that roll. Does anyone know of any legends of that nature?"
Arashi
 player, 49 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Fri 26 Oct 2018
at 17:29
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi frowned. He had left the monastery precisely to avoid these intricacies. "From my memory, Goblins were, at best, dangerous pests. While I don't doubt our ability to convince them to help us in the short term I fear they may not make the most loyal of allies."

He noticed that a few of the group were starting to look restless so he began his march northeast. He spoke openly as he assumed the others would follow. "I'm sure these villagers would be grateful to have their children returned to them... in one form or another. And I'm sure Morien will be able to spot more loyal soldiers once we clear the fort. For now let us remove one problem at a time lest we be left paralyzed by the sheer number of obstacles."
Manofdusk
 GM, 58 posts
 GM Golem
Sat 27 Oct 2018
at 11:41
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien nods and makes his way toward the fort with the rest of the group.

 The road was ill kept and seldom used, making travel on the road little more traversable than normal ground and the fort could easily be seen from the road, even an hour's walk from the town. It would take at least 4 more hours to reach the fort.
Erin
 player, 41 posts
 Sister of Light
Sun 28 Oct 2018
at 15:45
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Erin is ready to approach the fort head on.
Manofdusk
 GM, 59 posts
 GM Golem
Sun 28 Oct 2018
at 23:33
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 The head on approach let up a clear road up a relatively steep hill, though the forests on each side were fairly dense. The mines could also be seen in the distance strait ahead, though it would be a fair walk and, by the time they got back to the road leading to the fort, it would be near sundown.
Wisla
 player, 60 posts
Sun 28 Oct 2018
at 23:43
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla considers as they get started on the path, "Do we want to rest for magical rejuvenation. I am still able to fight for a few more conflicts. My power will be around 80% for another two conflicts and 60% for 2 more after that. I do not want to slow us down but attacking a fort might be something to do with full power and perhaps even some invisibility. To give us an edge. I just want to consider the possibility of being at full power before we hit a strong point."
Tavi
 player, 11 posts
Mon 29 Oct 2018
at 01:40
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi looked up at the sun, "Welp, we have about ten hours till night fall. If it gets dark I won't be able to move from that point until dawn. And if it is a witch and or a hag then we need to go after her in the daylight."

"I have had to dance with both and the night really is their friend in a fight. A hag is more likely if they are nabbing kids, Witches do that but its really a hag thing above all."
He gave a bit of a shudder.
Arashi
 player, 50 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Mon 29 Oct 2018
at 14:16
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi opened his mouth to protest. He had barely gotten a taste of battle again and yet they wanted to rest?

A little impatience will spoil great plans.

He closed his mouth. Even now, his mentor's words reached him. The monks were right, of course. There was no reason to put the others at risk for his own personal ambition, and besides, it may give him the chance to learn more about everyone.

"It is decided." He said flatly, "We wait until daybreak."

He turned to Tavi, "You are unable to move at night? I have never heard of such an ailment. What has caused this?"
Tessa
 player, 10 posts
Mon 29 Oct 2018
at 15:42
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tessa listens to everyone's concerns and Tavi's odd limitation. I agree with waiting. Do you guys normally split watch or is there some method for determining it?" she asks. She was curious about Tavi's limitations and wondered if it had to do with their first meeting and all those vile birds.
Tavi
 player, 13 posts
Mon 29 Oct 2018
at 18:21
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"Camp it is then."

Tavi looked at the ninja... monk? The guy who hits hard. "I've got more curses on me than you can shake a stick at because I wouldn't use the tongue of stars and pitch to speak her name. Spirit birds try to kill me and there is a flip of a coin that one will come through any container I reach into. I hit a barbarian's rage at the sight of a colorful bird. Annddd the nightfall thing is because she cursed me to be an alpha monster."

He smiled at the mirth of whatever was going on in his head. "Not Alpha as in..." He looked at Tessa, "You are a stunning woman of such pale beauty to leave many not for want..." He smiled "But alpha as in start, early, first. I won't know a night's good rest as I become various critters. I have control of it for the most part but there are some nights I am a rage monster. That's why you found me in shackles, someone saw a monster a night near a pyre."

"If I am nice and quiet then you can know it's me still in control. Most of the time then I'll just curl up and take a nap. But on full moons, it gets hard to control and just let me grumble and pull on the chains. The shackles and fetters are the best money could buy so there is nothing to worry about unless I turn into a man bear or something."

"Ill get the curses off in time, but real witch curses kinda stick better than a normal wizards."

Erin
 player, 42 posts
 Sister of Light
Mon 29 Oct 2018
at 21:40
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Erin looked up at the sun almost directly overhead and looked at the others in disgust.  She thought the Dreadlord had been raising heroes.

"It's barely noon and you want to make camp!" she spit.  "There are missing children out there!"

OOC:  It's noon and the fort is 4 hours away.  I believe the sundown reference was if they went by the mine first.

Tessa
 player, 12 posts
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 00:40
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tessa considered the lady's words. It was early to settle, but it was also a bad idea to be too close when night fell, especially if Tavi would be an unknown factor. "It is a bit early, sure. However, being on the doorstep of the fort as night falls is worse. Maybe we get within an hour or so of the fort and set up there? It would maximize our daylight while keeping the risk of being too close minimal.

Tavi's description of his curses was unsettling, but she understood the necessity of keeping the darkness inside under restraint. "I think I understand at a basic level, Tavi. Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you during the times of change."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:43, Tue 30 Oct 2018.

Tavi
 player, 15 posts
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 01:23
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi picked up the frame that was his bag back up. Getting closer was a very good idea. "When we get close the kids inside will know where I am. Ill stand on the other side of the building as their looks will draw the attention of the kidnapper."

"All 'prey' know my location. Even horses do their best to hide and peek out at me. Part of the monster thing."


He smiled at Tessa, "A pretty lady often has a better chance to calm the brute than a fellow numbskull like myself. If you think you can calm a monster down then I give you my consent to do whatever you feel you need to do."
Morien
 GM, 35 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 03:03
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien listened to the group debate amongst themselves, listening to their rationale as well as their desires to press on. In the end, he decided to make camp near the fort.

 "I agree. However, I think we should avoid the road. It will inevitably draw more attention to us. That said, it will take longer to fight through the underbrush... so we might wind up at the fort closer to nightfall than we expect.

 That said, I will need someone behind me covering my tracks. My touch kills vegetation so any trail I make will be easy to follow."


 Those of you who were personally raised by Morien can remember the touch of his hand as icy cold, the touch of a graven winter.

OOC: assuming you guys agree, decide amongst yourselves who wants to be in front and who wants to be behind and make survival checks (the person in front to clear the way and the person in back to hide the path. The person in front determines how fast everyone moves and the person in back determines how easy it is to find the group.
Tavi
 player, 16 posts
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 03:57
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi tilted his head side to side, "Onward then. I am more of a middle of the group kind of guy. I can be sneaky but finding myself in the woods... I kinda have to count on nature magic and a blind badger could find me."
Arashi
 player, 54 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 14:01
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi nodded. "I will try to cover our tracks as best I can."

He was not at all trained in tracking but he felt that he could keep a close eye on Wisla and Tavi from the back, especially as it got closer to sundown. He grabbed a couple of loose branches and strung them together into a makeshift broom and began to brush away at the path that the group made while also trying to hide the trail of dead vegetation in his midst.


OOC
Today: Arashi rolled 8 using 1d20+2.  Survival: Hide Tracks.

Tessa
 player, 13 posts
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 23:53
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tessa didn't feel like taking point, but being near the front seemed like a good plan. Let her react to issues quicker and back up whoever would be leading. "I don't mind being second, tough someone better at finding their way through the woods is a better choice for the front."
Tavi
 player, 17 posts
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 03:00
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi shrugged, "Wellll, I won't get us there any faster but I do always know north, so I'll take the point. If we wait too long we may end up staying the night here anyway." He smiled and started off, he could find it his way but he was no bushcraft master of masters.
Manofdusk
 GM, 60 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 03:11
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 The trip through the brush was a slow one. True to what he'd said, Morien's presence froze and killed any plant matter he touched, leaving a splotchy but definite trail through the underbrush that Arashi, try as he might, was unable to truly cover.

 Hours passed and dusk found itself fast approaching as the group found its way near the fort. Morien forbade a fire, as it would give their presence away immediately, though it did not hamper them too much.
Tavi
 player, 18 posts
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 03:30
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi sighed as he set the frame that was his 'backpack' down and pulled free the chains and bindings from the side. He walked up to the biggest tree near the camp and spoke a word. To anyone who cared to hear the word was a vile thing, it spawned ideas of weakness and ruin.

With a full body push, he slammed a spike into the tree and spoke another word. This word was beautiful and spawned ideas of strength and fortification. He then laced a chain through the spike and started shaking himself up.

He took his time to make sure that the binding would hold, even going so far as to try and pull the chain from the tree. Once fully bound up he tossed the key to Tessa and sat down to brood.
Manofdusk
 GM, 61 posts
 GM Golem
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 03:37
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Night fell and, once the last rays of light vanished over the horizon, the group could hear Tavi stifle screams of pain. Those were accompanied by the pops and crunches of bones forcibly reconfiguring themselves. His skin began to stretch and tear, revealing pale scales underneath.

 His lower jaw dislocated from his skull as it distended into an unnaturally long snout, followed closely by the rest of his skull. Claws ripped through the flesh of his fingers as the skin itself began to reknit and form into a leathery webbing between each digit. His spine elongated into a massive tail fully as long as he was tall and red, saurian eyes peered out, glowing in the darkness.

 Where Tavi had once been, now sat an 8ft long crocodile, chained up against the tree.
Tessa
 player, 14 posts
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 04:03
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tessa took the key and threaded a small loop of leather through it. She then put the loop around her wrist and the key through that loop, loosely securing it to her. "Well I am not sure what exactly I expected here, but a full sized croc was not it. On the plus side, I don't think much will be willing to mess with those who would keep a beast like that around." she says after watching the Tavi-creature for a moment. "So how should we split watch up?"
Tavi
 player, 19 posts
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 04:16
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavy stood up on long legs and looked at his hands, with all five fingers. He looked at Tessa and smiled in a way that only a crocodile could. When he spoke it really did sound like the voice of such an animal. "Less a beast and more a monster. Chaotic lycanthropy. It will be different tomorrow but I have control of myself tonight." He hunkered down and leaned on the tree. "Sorry about this. Curses are a bit of a hassle. Best leave the bindings on until dawn but feel free to unlock me if something comes after us."
Wisla
 player, 61 posts
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 04:23
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"Do we even really need to sleep. It seems like all we need to is relax and await what will happen next. We should all however keep watch as best we can." Wisla had taken the spot in front of Arashi while traveling. Bow in one hand watching for any threats.
Tavi
 player, 20 posts
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 04:29
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi patted the ground with that tail. Felt like he could take a mans leg off with it, something he would have to try someday if he was attacked. "It is really up to you at this point." A voice that sounded like rocks grinding, crocodiles should not speak. "Now that we know I have control of myself you could make the choice to carry on. Keep in mind that if it is a hag or witch this is their time. A slight disadvantage, but one that we could deal with."
Arashi
 player, 55 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 20:39
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi had found himself a nice cozy spot to meditate. Tavi's transformation had disturbed his meditation, and Arashi was struck with horror as he bore witness to the man's gruesome change. His jaw shot open when the crocodile (alligator? Arashi was far from an Ornithologist) began to speak.

He looked around and noticed that the rest of the group didn't seem disturbed at all by what had just taken place. Perhaps he truly was cloistered in his old life. After one last glance at the monster Tavi he composed himself and returned to meditation. As much as he wanted to ask Morien questions about his fighting style, Arashi did not want his mind filled with new stances and maneuvers during the upcoming battle, such a distraction could very well end his new unlife.
Erin
 player, 43 posts
 Sister of Light
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 21:14
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"Why not move on he fort now?" Erin asked.  "If Tavi isn't wild tonight, we should press our advantage."

She wasn't sure if being brought back had dulled the others' compassion or that they never had any to begin with.  In either case, if children were involved, she didn't want them to suffer any longer than she could help.
Wisla
 player, 62 posts
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 02:41
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla looked at Erin as she seemed to push again for hurrying, "What advantage exactly Do we have. We have been running and traveling for two days. Battled a horde of chaos warriors and expended a good deal of resources in the battle. I want to get to the children like you do and if we have a plan of attack that takes advantage of the cover of night it is an option. We don't know what exactly we will face inside the fort. Is everyone comfortable traveling and seeing in the dark without some light source? Is everyone feeling capable of another battle? Are all Injuries recovered? I for one am still slightly injured. We need a plan that we are actually going to use to gain an advantage otherwise we are just rushing in. The worst case would be to attack to fail and not only fail to save the children but also doom the world. Even worse if we take the risk for no advantage."
Tessa
 player, 15 posts
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 02:52
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tessa considers the archer's words and finds herself in agreement. "I think you are right."</pink> she says to Wilsa. <purple>"I understand the desire to go now and maximize the potential to save the children, but I believe maximizing our chances for success and allowing those of us who need to recover energy will do that." she says in response to Erin. Turning back to Wilsa, she explains "I can slowly mend any injuries you have if you allow it. It won't be super fast, a minute to a few depending on the severity." As she finishes speaking, her right hand rapidly takes on an inky appearance, the darkness seemingly having a depth greater than her hand.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:57, Sat 03 Nov 2018.

Morien
 GM, 36 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 06:40
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien sighed. "You are both right on different points. What we need now is information. We need someone capable of scaling their walls and scouting out their forces without being seen. I've recovered from my wounds but still require rest to be able to protect anyone from damage or use some of my powers.

 Still, I should be able to scout out the fort without being seen... unless one of you believes you may be better suited to the task? In either event, I don't like assailing a fort when we have no idea what's inside."


OOC: it should be noted that Morien looks like he's wearing full plate carved from blue ice.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:41, Thu 01 Nov 2018.

Arashi
 player, 57 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 16:52
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Arashi opened his eyes. It seemed that he would not be able to finish his meditation tonight after all. He stood up and approached the group, bowing to Morien as he addressed him. "Morien; you are far too important to risk. Please let me go in your stead. Please stay here and rest. If I am not back by the sun's rise, assume the worst." Arashi had noticed that the Frost Lord could keep up with the group without issue but still doubted his ability to remain stealthy in his ice armor.

If things got bad, Arashi could handle himself, and if not, his sacrifice would itself reveal the strength of their foes. He rightened himself before he turned to his peers and regarded each with a small but respectful nod.

To Erin, "If at all possible, I will try to save any children I find, so long as doing so does not put the rest of you in any danger." Arashi felt for the children and respected the zeal the woman, Erin, possessed. But he feared that it was far more likely that they would arrive too late. For now, he hoped his words would help temper her ever-burning fervor for the upcoming battle.

To the new woman, Tessa, "I have only taken a flesh wound from the monsters earlier, but I feel that I should be at my best for this. Please, provide what you can without straining yourself, I am deeply thankful for whatever help you provide."
Wisla
 player, 63 posts
Fri 2 Nov 2018
at 03:50
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Wisla looks up at the idea of Morien going in and considers another idea to make a move quicker, "We do have another odd advantage. If Morien can be stealthy. Could we use the ability to summon to get inside of the Fort with stealth and couldnt Morien pull the inflitrator out with that ability?"
Morien
 GM, 37 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Fri 2 Nov 2018
at 04:39
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Morien nods. "Yes. I am able to do that, though it would take a bit of time to summon all of you and the method of summoning is quite visible.

 Keep in mind, however, that the ability to summon you may be used only once per day per person... meaning that, should you fall in battle, it will take a full day to return you to life.

 The other drawback to this method is that I have no means of communicating with any of you beyond a very short range... which would necessitate some form of signal."

Erin
 player, 45 posts
 Sister of Light
Sat 3 Nov 2018
at 03:36
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
"Just let Arashi scout it out," Erin said.  "Then we'll see what we're up against."
Tessa
 player, 18 posts
Sat 3 Nov 2018
at 03:57
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tessa's hand remains dark as she shifts from Wilsa to Arashi. "That sounds fine to me. I'll mend your injuries and you will be fresh for the scouting mission." she says as the blackness seeps into the wounds and begins to seal them up.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:57, Sat 03 Nov 2018.

Tavi
 player, 24 posts
Sat 3 Nov 2018
at 05:23
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
Tavi reached out with that tree trunk of a tail and pulled his travel frame to him. He pulled from it's undercarriage a large book. He flipped through a few pages before he looked at Arashi. "Through careful consideration and wise steps a man can forge his path. His enemy would be wise for a man who moves carefully may seem peaceful, but that does not mean he lacks knowledge of violence, only that he is wise enough to ration it." He showed the cover, a warriors book of war prayers.

ooc everyone is at +2 vs fear for 24 hrs. And Arashi gets +2 to his next roll. Nonmagical competency bonus.
Manofdusk
 GM, 64 posts
 GM Golem
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 06:23
The Chaos Horde (0.0.1)
 Arashi said his goodbyes to the group, received what aid he could, and made his way out of the camp and into the woods. It would be potentially many hours before he returned, so now the group had time to rest for the first time since they had all been returned from the dead.

OOC: this is essentially a downtime thread now until/unless something happens.