In the woods (0.0.2)   Posted by Manofdusk.Group: 0
Floki
 player, 4 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Thu 22 Nov 2018
at 16:04
In the woods (0.0.2)
Rubbing his chin Floki looks at all present, and .. as his eyes rests first on a bald man, who spoke to him. Them .. apparently. Far Easternish looking. Not something he had seen before. But he knew there were stranger things in life then there had been in death. The man appeared to seize him up. Floki smiled. ["This might get to be fun after all"] Musing realigning his jaw. That should have hurt like hell. But apparently, it didn't do as much anymore.

Smiling "I am .. Floki, just .. Floki" with a heavy northern accent. His hand moves about in a constant slow motion.

Taking in the ladies from afar, and the presence. Though this man had yet to speak. The energy that emanated from him was strong. This one was who summoned him from the cold grave. Well, Floki looked behind him. Rather a fiendish BBQ. Not something he recalled from the last moments in his life. Closing in the distance between him and the others.
Tessa
 player, 27 posts
Thu 22 Nov 2018
at 17:43
In the woods (0.0.2)
Tessa watched with interest as Morien performed his resurrection. She had not seen it yet and it was interesting to her. The farmer and his beast of burden was an odd pick, but she could at least envision a scenario or two where having the beast's strength would be an asset. The other looked a bit more of a fighter, and considering their mission that would definitely be of use. Tessa held her visage passive, other than a slightly raised eyebrow as she watched the new additions rise. "You may call me Tessa. As you have probably figured out, you were dead and now you are not quite so dead. Restoring complete life is difficult, so you are between life and death now. We can discuss it further when we have the time, but right now we have a more pressing issue that you can help us with. There is a witch nearby that has stolen children from the town. We have set out to return the children. Will you aid us in this?" she says to the newcomers.
Floki
 player, 5 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Thu 22 Nov 2018
at 18:16
In the woods (0.0.2)
Floki heads over to the woman that introduced herself. Sniffing in the air, there was something about her. Her eyes. "Yes, not so dead now. It seems the gods had barred Vahalla to me, or there is more to this. Perhaps .." Floki searched for a small charred scrollcase on his corps "A witch you say ? Children ? Yes offcourse I will join you in this fight. And afterwards .."

"And, who does what .. mindlessly charging a witch is one thing. living to tell about it is another." Floki turned to see who was 'in charge' of these individuals
Morien
 GM, 44 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Thu 22 Nov 2018
at 21:44
In the woods (0.0.2)
 Morien took a moment to recover from two reanimations in a row. Without any reserves of power, ha had had to burn some vital energy to bring those two back. His legs shook ever-so-slightly as he began making his way back to the group.

 He wore full-plate armor that looked to have been carved from ice, and his voice reverberated from within his helm, though he spoke quietly, pointing at the wall. "We are just outside our quarry's den. I will answer any questions you may have once we are safe."

 He points to Arashi. "My comrade here scouted a place where we could climb to the top of the wall. From there, we can engage the goblin guards and the two ogres in the courtyard from an advantageous position.

 Hopefully, we can free the children before the witch makes her appearance. As you two are fresh from the afterlife, I will let you choose your roles in this battle, that I may learn your strengths for future battles."

Floki
 player, 6 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Thu 22 Nov 2018
at 22:37
In the woods (0.0.2)
"My role ..?" Floki mused softly, smiling slyly  ".. I am but a simple carpenter" Obviously not a simple carpenter. "I have been on many hunts in the north close to the world's spine. I can find things I need to .. stay alive .." Floki paused, now that he thought about it. There was no real reason to look for things to stay alive. But things to be found could be of use nonetheless.

"I have lived in the mountains all my life, except towards the end where .." Floki removes a hood that hung on the lower half of his head, covering his ears. Revealing a slight yet distinctive pointy feature at the top where humans had a curve. His white eyes seemed to glow. an angry tone could clearly be heard. One that barely contained its rage "If this road leads to where I can find my revenge I am your disposal as you see fit." Floki lets his nimble fingers tingle in the air hovering above his hammer whispering strangely And as a result, the axe shimmers. Blue light cracking across the iron surface.

Turning towards both ladies, where one had yet to speak ".. sisters .." and towards the men ".. brothers .." And, as Floki let his gaze wander around his eyes fell onto Rasmus. Lingering on him for a moment, as if there was a hint of recognition. Shaking it off. It was probably nothing.

Returning his gaze towards the man that had summoned him, them .. "Yes, my mind holds many questions. I will keep them to myself for now. Let us rescue these children. And be done with these ogres." The thought of once again feeling the adrenaline was clearly visible on his face. Floki, then. Silenced for a moment. In a search for the charred scrollcase. It had been on him since that fateful day. If the hammer was still with him then surely ? This also gave others the opportunity to discuss tactics who was going to do what. Floki was up for anything at this point.
Wisla
 player, 79 posts
Thu 22 Nov 2018
at 22:53
In the woods (0.0.2)
Watching morien sway Wisla makes a decision, "Morien perhaps you should withdraw. Somewhere you can recover. This attack is a risk and you are starting to show weariness. If we all fall here and you survive the battle can continue if you fall here and we survive we risk utter defeat. If you must stay you shouldn't engage in direct conflict." Looking at the Frost lord with worry on her face.

She nods to Floki when he says sisters, "I am Wisla. I belive our plan was simple. Climb the wall and rain arrows down on the enemies? As soon as we get an opening get to the children and run with them?"
Tavi
 player, 36 posts
Thu 22 Nov 2018
at 22:57
In the woods (0.0.2)
"You can not expect a herd animal or a beast of burden to not be afraid of a predator." Tavi was off using what darkness and cover he could so far. "I'll go around the front before the kids and what prey animals they have give me away. Ill keep their attention on me for as long as I can. If you hear booms then  you know things went sour."

"Anything before I go?"

Tessa
 player, 28 posts
Fri 23 Nov 2018
at 02:04
In the woods (0.0.2)
"Simple plans work best, so the distraction by Tavi and the ranged assault by the majority of us is good enough. If you prefer to be up close and personal then follow Tavi, otherwise follow Wilsa. Remember our primary goal is the children. If we can get the witch too, then great, if not then the kids are priority. Let's get this done." she says. A quick finger flex and knuckle pop, then she stands up straight and heads over by Wilsa.
Arashi
 player, 72 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Fri 23 Nov 2018
at 03:35
In the woods (0.0.2)
Arashi nodded but did not move to join Tavi. Instead of joining in the fray he would stay by Wisla and protect her in case the enemy closed ranks. The beasts they were fighting had a dangerous sort of cunning and it would give Arashi ample opportunity to repay Wisla for bringing him back from... wherever he was. As Tessa approached, he gave her a simple head nod to indicate that he was ready.
Morien
 GM, 45 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Returns
Fri 23 Nov 2018
at 03:59
In the woods (0.0.2)
 Morien nodded. "Yes. You are right. I will withdraw and remain within earshot of the battle. Should things turn sour, I will retreat and revive you all once I have rested."

 Morien headed off in a similar direction as Tavi, though further back.


 It was then up to Arashi to guide them to the crumbled corner of the fort. There were still no signs that the goblin patrols came to this tower... though you could see that they were milling about on the wall with some sort of purpose, their attention drawn toward the front gate.

OOC: it's DC 15 to climb the tower and DC 10 stealth to remain unseen and unheard.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:01, Fri 23 Nov 2018.

Arashi
 player, 74 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Fri 23 Nov 2018
at 04:08
In the woods (0.0.2)
Arashi felt that it would be best that he lead. He felt he could weather any blows from above, should their positions be compromised, and he would be in the best position to help Wisla and Tessa should they need any assistance climbing.

Much like earlier, the climb was trivial, the monk simply hopped from foothold to foothold before flipping silently to the top. He crouched down and held out his hand for the next person to take hold.


OOC:
23:03, Today: Arashi rolled 30 using 1d20+12.  Climb.
23:03, Today: Arashi rolled 22 using 1d20+8.  stealth.

Tavi
 player, 37 posts
Fri 23 Nov 2018
at 04:15
In the woods (0.0.2)
Tavi thudded the ground with that massive tail as he took off. He was fast, like running a horse down fast, as he vanished into the night. Being the most cursed man on earth did have its benefits. Being a giant man crocodile, well that was their ability to run down fast prey over short distances.

His plan was to use a bit of word magic to fascinate many, and the fact the witch in there likely would talk the moment she saw him. All he had to do was draw attention to himself to give the others more time and freedom to do as they would. He did, however, leave his bag with Morien sans a few demolition bombs.
Wisla
 player, 81 posts
Fri 23 Nov 2018
at 04:18
In the woods (0.0.2)
Before Arashi takes off Wisla tries to hand him a rope to hold so other could more easily just climb up using it. A simple rope would make this somewhat diffuclt climb much easier for everyone.

With or without the rope she manages to make it up without to much problem.
Tessa
 player, 29 posts
Fri 23 Nov 2018
at 04:39
In the woods (0.0.2)
Watching the others climb Tessa figured using the same holds would help. First she cast a spell to give her an spectral hand, useful when you need reach beyond one's reach. She follows the path Arashi took exactly, and it seemed to work out. She even managed to keep herself from touching any of the loose gravel and stones on her way up. She wasn't sure that she had ever climbed like that before, but she wasn't going to question her good fortune.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:43, Sat 24 Nov 2018.

Floki
 player, 11 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Fri 23 Nov 2018
at 05:51
In the woods (0.0.2)
Floki stood and watched the croc'man start to move away from the majority of them. Feeling an urge for a physical fight Floki starts to move to join this strange abomination in creating a distraction. Only as the dirty blond makes her way up the walls. A rather annoying itch poked his mind. ["Why she reminds me of Helga, she smells different. Does not have her eyes. However her arms and hair are alike. Think with your head Floki, you still need it today."] smiling. Floki scales silently the walls using the rope. Avoiding any pebbles from falling. Perhaps the next time he would join this croc'man

Floki rolled 17 using 1d20+9.  Stealth.
Floki rolled 9 using 1d20+4.  Climb.

Rasmus
 player, 4 posts
Fri 23 Nov 2018
at 09:02
In the woods (0.0.2)
"That hag!" Rasmus spat, and made a ward against the evil eye. "I will end her. I will beat her to death with her own bloody cauldron!"

Having sidled through the bracken to stand shouldering the robed man, the hefty bull snorted and stomped at the ground, shaking its horns as if in agreement.

"I need a weapon. Watch them," the man shook his head and began to hunt around in the undergrowth before the bone-pile attracted his attention. Emotions warred on his face for a moment before pragmatism won out, and he crossed to the refuse pile.

"Anyone got a spare weapon, 'fore I start digging too deep?" Bones clattered as he upset the top of the pile with a bare toe; he sniffed then wrinkled his nose at the smell of charcoal and bone-dust.

"My name's Arasmes Tristian Portwell. The third. Of Tower Farm. In case you need it for a headstone or anyone's been looking," he kicked a few ribs clear, "But most folks call me Rasmus. This here's Ox, short for Aurochs." With a thumb he indicated the bovine, "He's brighter than he looks, though that ain't saying much, and I guess he wants to get his own back on this witch too." At this the black bull laid its ears back against its head, but kept its eyes on the group while Rasmus began sorting through the bones in earnest.

"Now, ordinarily I'm all for sticking it to goblins; little thieving sods are always getting their fingers into something that don't belong to 'em. Usually my harvest. But that there Black Annis, she's got ahold of their little-uns too. So don't go too hard on 'em. Ah, there we go." Finally spotting the ball-joint of a heavy femur, likely from some draft animal, he reached his arm in and pulled it loose. From behind him, the cow snorted and flared its nostrils.

"What? It probably wasn't yours." Rasmus turned around to see a largely empty copse of trees.

"Oh, it's like that is it?" He poked Ox in the shoulder with the bone, "You could've told me they were gone. Which way did the thumper go?" When the bull pointed with its enormous horns, Rasmus set off with a jog.

"Let's get on, then. We made a promise, and a deal's a deal."

OOC: Trying to follow Tavi, though not quite as quickly. Will be wielding the bone two-handed as a makeshift club.
Tavi
 player, 40 posts
Fri 23 Nov 2018
at 18:45
In the woods (0.0.2)
Tavi slowed, the jump in speed was more to confuse anyone inside the fort who could sense him. He rather enjoyed the larger size and the tail was a blessing when it came to walking with the extra mass. Rasmus got a crocodile smile when he got close. "Names Tavi, Vociferator or word mage. And cursed beyond measure. A pleasure to shed blood by your side."

"The plan is to put a sleepy earworm in their heads and fascinate the others. Our only goal is to draw attention so the others have an easy time."

Manofdusk
 GM, 84 posts
 GM Golem
Fri 23 Nov 2018
at 22:55
In the woods (0.0.2)
 With the rope, Arashi was able to make the climb quite easy for the rest of the group and all of them managed to clamber on top of the collapsed tower without difficulty or sound.

 With Rasmus's words in the group's ear that the witch was a Hag and was keeping the goblin children to enforce the goblin's loyalty, it was time to move. Just outside of everyone's vision, the group could see a cage and all of the little figures within had turned to watch something outside of the gate, prompting the goblins to investigate.

 The commotion the goblins were creating had roused the ogres from their sitting places by the fire. They were making their way to the gate where Tavi and Rasmus stood on the other side (just outside of darkvision). The hag was nowhere to be seen.

OOC: commence any last minute change in tactics, roll your initiave, and any other rolls you may need (stealth, climb, attacks, Perform checks, ect.). If Erin wants to get to the children, she'll need some combination of Stealth, Climb, and Jump unless she wants to go through the goblins.
Wisla
 player, 87 posts
Sat 24 Nov 2018
at 00:12
In the woods (0.0.2)
Wisla draws her bow and creeps into a clear line of fire on the ogres. For now just waiting for the moment to strike. Planning to fire her opening arrow attack with light cast on the arrow. To give her a clear location to fire into to. She speaks softly, "We should focus on getting the goblin children free first. Perhaps we can get the goblins to switch sides and help us if we free there children. Even if they don't side with us it will make this a three sided instead of two sided battle."



Wisla waits for the moment where the distraction turns violent. Hoping to avoid a conflict until they absolutely have to.
Tessa
 player, 33 posts
Sat 24 Nov 2018
at 01:18
In the woods (0.0.2)
"I agree. Getting their children free could sway the goblins to at least not participate. I fear the ogres will not allow a peaceful resolution, so we should be ready to hit them quickly. I can sap the strength of them, one at a time, or wait for the Hag to reveal herself. I suspect she is hiding, but she might hide long enough to allow us to make significant headway." Tessa says. Strategy wasn't her strongest asset, but that did not mean it escaped her.


OOC:
Readying to strike an ogre when any sign of combat breaks out with a spell.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:30, Sat 24 Nov 2018.

Erin
 player, 51 posts
 Sister of Light
Sat 24 Nov 2018
at 02:09
In the woods (0.0.2)
Erin moved around toward the drawbridge, disappearing quietly into the darkness.

OOC: Double move toward the drawbridge.
Erin rolled 21 using 1d20+2.  Stealth Check.

Rasmus
 player, 8 posts
Sat 24 Nov 2018
at 05:39
In the woods (0.0.2)
"Holy... What in the Hells?!" Not that Rasmus had been terribly quiet before, hurrying as he was, and Ox gave little heed in terms of crashing through the undergrowth, but the first clear view of Tavi evoked a response which negated any possibility of stealth. Starting back Rasmus raised the bone, unsure of whether to swing at the giant crocodilian or to try to feed it.

"I ain't much for shedding blood usually, but, well, whatever you are you probably don't need my help with that." He looked the enormous monster up and down. "Still, why not strike a light if we want their attention? Get behind something, Ox." Reaching into his pouch Rasmus pulled out a stone as he himself ducked behind a tree trunk; he let go the stone, which levitated in place above his forehead, and muttered an odd conglomeration of syllables. Instantly the rock burst into magical flame, illuminating the area with a cheery light.

OOC: Rasmus will get himself behind full/improved cover within 10' of Ox (who is looking for same) and activate his ioun torch, then wait for the hail of arrows or for someone to come out.
Floki
 player, 12 posts
 My name is Floki ..
 Just Floki ..
Sat 24 Nov 2018
at 11:37
In the woods (0.0.2)
Seeing those around him ready themselves for a strike Floki shrugs his shoulders. Certainly, he had at one point some kind of bow. but that was to hunt a deer of sorts. It was burned a long time ago. Hearing it was the first objective to get the kids out. "Let me try to get in close to see if these cages are easily opened .." before having ended his sentence he sees the woman named Erin move away into the darkness. ".. I bet she needs help .."

The woman already had a little headstart, yet Floki shout-whispered as hard as he thought was loud enough, but not to loud to attract unwanted attention. Not that there was any unwanted attention. Surely coming up close and personal with one Ogre would be a good fight. ".. HE psst Erin, wait .. I will cover your .." with a sly smile Floki only so softly whispered something but a row of white teeth certainly might translate


OOC:
Floki rolled 22 using 1d20+2.  Jump
Floki rolled 24 using 1d20+4.  Climb
Floki rolled 21 using 1d20+9.  Stealth


*edits*
Floki makes sure he has his trusty hammer in his hand, you know. incase we need a bug to be squashed on the walls (Initiative 19)

This message was last edited by the player at 12:28, Sat 24 Nov 2018.

Tavi
 player, 41 posts
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 02:03
In the woods (0.0.2)
Tavi smiled even wider, "You should see me when the lycanthropy isnt in effect. I am twice as ugly." gestured with his head. "Give it time salt of the Earth, you'll get used to it." When he called Ras the salt of the Earth Tavi ised the man's name but said it in such a way as it meant something else entirely. (Ras has a 50 min heroism spell now)

He started uttering strange words that clealrt taxed him. The words made it hard to concentrate but they had been directed to enemies. And there was no way he was being quiet. A Fascinate effect does he hug the wall rounding it to the front gate.

(Fascinate effect starting at the side rounding to the front gate. First groun gets a dc 19 will, anyone entering that 90 ft radius bubble then has a dc 17 as he rounds to the front gate.)
Arashi
 player, 77 posts
 Kenjutsu Monk
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 03:25
In the woods (0.0.2)
Arashi placed his hand on the hilt of his weapon, ready and waiting for the fight to begin.

OOC:
Today: Arashi rolled 19 using 1d20+2.  initiative