"Turn around bright eyes"- the second session.   Posted by Master of Ceremonies.Group: 0
Soraya Tavalokian (Wizard)
 player, 30 posts
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 00:23
Collaborating to put your stories together.
In reply to Hasan Shirazi (The Fae) (msg # 73):

I try not to let my disappointment show.

"I understand, Hasan, but hurry back as soon as you can. In the meantime, let's all go downstairs and give the police whatever they need so they can leave. We must be able to turn our full attention to this terrible situation."

I cover Mercedes back up and before I realize it, plant a kiss on her cold forehead. I usher Hasan and Claudia back into the hallway and down the stairs.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:24, Tue 26 Mar 2019.

Hasan Shirazi (The Fae)
 player, 30 posts
 Hasan(Fae)
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 00:35
Collaborating to put your stories together.
In reply to Soraya Tavalokian (Wizard) (msg # 75):

Hasan sprints down the staircase but slows to a more careful speed when he hears an ominous creaking. He finds Chamrosh still in the kitchen with Bob, who looks like a police officer again but is wearing a flower crown.

"Chamrosh, it turns out Soraya may need your help with something. She's coming down to deal with the police and meet with you. I'll be back after my meeting."

He doesn't wait for her reply, just runs out the door in search of a cab. It takes him a few blocks to find one but he is soon on his way to the meeting with Greta. Will he make it in time?
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 35 posts
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 00:45
Collaborating to put your stories together.
In reply to Hasan Shirazi (The Fae) (msg # 76):

Roll to keep your cool regarding the meeting.  You're already late to see Greta, but she wanted to see you anyway and you're on time or early to the meeting with BZB.
Soraya Tavalokian (Wizard)
 player, 31 posts
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 04:10
Collaborating to put your stories together.
In reply to Hasan Shirazi (The Fae) (msg # 76):

I approach Elsje and recount the same story I told her in the alleyway. There was a large pack of rats on the car, there was a strange storm with lightning, then Elsje arrived and pulled her gun, and Claudia stumbled out of the police car. It was all very confusing but I’m not aware of any crime that was committed, certainly not by any of us. I’m just glad Hasan is okay. It almost looked like he was struck by some of that lightning. Anyway, Elsje knows where to find us if she has any further questions.

Assuming that’s that, I make sure each of the officers has some baklava for the road and see them out. Then I go back to the kitchen. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Chamrosh.” I feel a strange urge to courtsey. What the hell, I dip (rather awkwardly, I feel) as though I’m in one of those Jane Austen films. “Hasan says you might be willing to help us with a dire situation upstairs...”

And as we are conversing, I Figure Her Out as rolled previously in the alley (an 11, as you’ll recall) to discover:
How can I get her to help?
How can I get her to be in my debt?

This message was last edited by the player at 04:12, Tue 26 Mar 2019.

Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 51 posts
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 12:58
Collaborating to put your stories together.
In reply to Claudia Horst (Aware) (msg # 70):

(Soraya, since you cashed in a debt with me and I honored the debt with you, I get to mark Power and you should mark Mortality.)

OK, so my last snoop question is:

quote:
what's my best way in to penetrate this mystery so we can save Mercedes?


If I have any reason to suspect that Mercedes is just garden-variety shot up with morphine rather than magicked, and Narcan will help, let me know; otherwise I assume otherworldy effects are going to need otherworldly solutions. I have no idea what the otherworldly part of all this is, but I'm no longer kidding myself that it doesn't exist.

I put a face to a name for Hamid Goli, Animal Pest Inspector, rolling with Night: I got a 5. Do I not know him, or do I owe him?

I figure I've only got time for one question of Soraya on the stairs, so I ask "Do you have any idea who would want to harm your family?"

When we go downstairs and get to the interrogation, my goal is going to be to figure out why the police are covering up for Volker and Goli. If Bob is chatty and likely to reveal anything to my innocent questions and companionable fellow-employee-of-Amsterdam chattiness and commiseration, I'm just planning to roll figure someone out. But if the police are close-mouthed and suspicious, I'm prepared to misdirect, distract, or trick to create an opening for my questions. If Elsje seems inclined to drop the whole thing and not even interrogate me, I'm going to bypass her and just start telling Bob what I know, or reassure her that I don't mind, insist she not cut any corners on my behalf, etc.

I'm intending to stick to the common story -- that I was waiting for Elsje in the car, then rats everywhere and a freak storm -- which, after all, is basically what I saw (I didn't see Hasan zap the car). If they press me on why I called it in as a molotov cocktail, I'm going to say that I was panicking (true), and unclear what was going on (true), and felt in danger (true), and if necessary, sheepishly admit that I doubted the 112 operator would believe me about the rats (true).

As for whether I saw anything else... well, we should play that out. I'm worried about revealing that I saw anything suspicious that might lead them to think I know too much (if they are covering up for Volker)... but I might be willing to take that risk to flush them out about what's going on, if I have to.

I am doggedly focused on the Night piece of this, because I feel like it's a direct threat, Mercedes llfe is at stake, and it ties in to my murky suspicions about BZBB, and I feel like it's a mystery I know how to tackle. I shove the Power and Wild pieces of this into the back of my mind. It's clear Chamrosh is... something... and Hasan too, and that Chamrosh believes Soraya is also... something? But I can't deal with all that right now. Compartmentalize. Focus.
Hasan Shirazi (The Fae)
 player, 31 posts
 Hasan(Fae)
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 15:46
Collaborating to put your stories together.
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 77):

Hasan rolls a 6 to Keep his Cool.  He is decidedly uncool. This makes sense because he is pissed at Claudia and Greta and worried about Soraya and Chamrosh. Too much weighing on his big heart.

So what's it gonna cost him?
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 36 posts
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 22:19
Figuring Chamrosh out
Soraya Tavalokian (Wizard):
And as we are conversing, I Figure Her Out as rolled previously in the alley (an 11, as you’ll recall) to discover:
How can I get her to help?
How can I get her to be in my debt?


Your sense with Chamrosh, having watched her operate for an hour or so is the best way to get her to help is to have your quest be really engaging and that she would like to have a really charming story to tell when she goes home to where ever that is.  She wants drama, mystery and to be the protagonist of the story with many funny and charming anecdotes about the people here.

She seems to exist in a large network of debts and oaths.  If you could help her with a big one, she'd be happy to owe you a small one.  Debt arbitrage is big in her court.

You all heard that she wants to become pregnant with Hassan's child.  Maybe you could help her enchant him?  She suggests this to you when she notices you're kissing up to her.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 37 posts
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 22:29
Claudia's snoop and snowballed move results
quote:
OK, so my last snoop question is:

quote:
what's my best way in to penetrate this mystery so we can save Mercedes?


You have to find out who did this to her.  They didn't kill her, so there's probably some way to revive her.  You should compare stories and then follow the leads that you have.  Hit the streets and meet the rat inspector.  Go get some dirt on Volker.  Figure out what that message about sleeping with the tainted mean.
quote:
If I have any reason to suspect that Mercedes is just garden-variety shot up with morphine rather than magicked, and Narcan will help, let me know; otherwise I assume otherworldy effects are going to need otherworldly solutions. I have no idea what the otherworldly part of all this is, but I'm no longer kidding myself that it doesn't exist.


The morphine was a dose that was safe for an old sick woman.  It should only be making Mercedes happy, and maybe sleepy.  No, this is something more sinister.

quote:
I put a face to a name for Hamid Goli, Animal Pest Inspector, rolling with Night: I got a 5. Do I not know him, or do I owe him?


Never heard of him.  You don't really know the Health Department people.  They're on a diferrent LDAP directory.

quote:
I figure I've only got time for one question of Soraya on the stairs, so I ask "Do you have any idea who would want to harm your family?"


Since Soraya did something else, let's assume she made a gesture that seemed to mean.  "not now".

quote:
When we go downstairs and get to the interrogation, my goal is going to be to figure out why the police are covering up for Volker and Goli. If Bob is chatty and likely to reveal anything to my innocent questions and companionable fellow-employee-of-Amsterdam chattiness and commiseration, I'm just planning to roll figure someone out. But if the police are close-mouthed and suspicious, I'm prepared to misdirect, distract, or trick to create an opening for my questions. If Elsje seems inclined to drop the whole thing and not even interrogate me, I'm going to bypass her and just start telling Bob what I know, or reassure her that I don't mind, insist she not cut any corners on my behalf, etc.


See the next post for what happens with the police.  But they're not chatty, you will need to trick them.  Look at the police resolution post and give me a roll and let me know how you approach and who?

quote:
I'm intending to stick to the common story -- that I was waiting for Elsje in the car, then rats everywhere and a freak storm -- which, after all, is basically what I saw (I didn't see Hasan zap the car). If they press me on why I called it in as a molotov cocktail, I'm going to say that I was panicking (true), and unclear what was going on (true), and felt in danger (true), and if necessary, sheepishly admit that I doubted the 112 operator would believe me about the rats (true).

As for whether I saw anything else... well, we should play that out. I'm worried about revealing that I saw anything suspicious that might lead them to think I know too much (if they are covering up for Volker)... but I might be willing to take that risk to flush them out about what's going on, if I have to.


That works.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 38 posts
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 22:46
Hassan's morning goes to shit - Session wrap up
Hasan Shirazi (The Fae):
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 77):

Hasan rolls a 6 to Keep his Cool.  He is decidedly uncool. This makes sense because he is pissed at Claudia and Greta and worried about Soraya and Chamrosh. Too much weighing on his big heart.

So what's it gonna cost him?


Hassan, can't get a cab on the street the eye is on.  They keep driving right past him.  Even in a $2000 suit, many dutch people still treat immigrants badly.  He runs up to the street by the park and wildy flails his arms.  After several minutes finally a cab stops.  He jumps in the back and gives the address.

He checks his phone and realizes that Greta has sent the documents, he needs, and he hits the download as PDF attachment button.  The documents should be loading, but they're slow.  He taps the screen again, and again.  Why doesn't he have broadband, this is Europe?

Oh shit the battery is dying.  Shit, shit shit.  That's why there's no bandwidth the phone is in battery saver mode.  Practically useless except, to maybe send a text.   He hits the text button.  He'll let Greta know he's on the way.

The phone dies.

He looks around the cab.  The driver who is Suirenese has a charger.  It takes him several tries to explain to him, but he finally gets it across that he wants to borrow it.

It fits.  You plugs it in and stares at the phone intently.  Nothing happens.  Plug and unplug it.  Wait.  Nothing happens.

You bury your face in your hands.  How long have you been sitting here?

You look up.  The cab is stopped.  It's not moving.  Horns are blaring.  You realize the cab hasn't been moving for some time, but you were too distracted to notice.

"What is happening?" you ask.

"Protesters", the cab driver says.  The protesters have blocked the streets, and you are stuck in gridlock.  A sea of humanity stretches out as far as the eye can see.

You'll never make it there in the cab.  Maybe on foot?

The driver begins to weep and wail and the crowd begins to scream and bellow and collapse and rend their clothes.

The bedlam sparks person-to-person.  You realize you aren't going to make it to either meeting.

Please write the session wrap up entry for Hassan for this chapter!  He's stuck in the middle of protest he knew was going to happen.  How does Hassan fail to meet his obligations to MBA, Greta and BZB? 

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:48, Tue 26 Mar 2019.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 39 posts
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 22:58
Soraya and Claudia session wrap up
By the time you come down the steps and Hassan runs out the front door, the cops are purely in wrap it up mode.  Elsje is visibly upset.  She has gotten a call from internal affairs.  They are opening an investigation into the property damage and her conduct this morning.  The SWOT team and the helicopter are gone

Bob hastily takes each of your statements, which you've already provided above, thanks.

Claudia, let us know how and who you approach to try and trick into slipping up about any coverups?

They get you to sign the statements, and they get your contact information.  Elsje says she needs to run, sorry and lets Claudia know to expect a call from one Gus Vitoli, assistant chief internal affairs about the property damage.

Then almost suddenly they are all gone.  Mandala picks up the tea dishes but then slumps into a chair and begins to cry quietly  Chamrosh collects all of the rose water treats and baclava and consumes it greedily.

Soraya and Claudia have some quiet, uninterrupted time where they can tell each other "everything they know" about what's going on if they wish while they wash dishes.

Please both write a wrap up piece for the session that includes what you tell each other about what's going on here?

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:59, Tue 26 Mar 2019.

Hasan Shirazi (The Fae)
 player, 32 posts
 Hasan(Fae)
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 00:10
Hassan's morning goes to shit - Session wrap up
Hasan's morning has already gone to shit. This is the shit pickle on his shit sandwich. The only saving grace is that the bedlam afflicting the protesters around him doesn't seem to be hitting Hasan. Something very strange is going on here. Even the most strident advocates do not rend clothing over international development. Whatever is driving this crowd is supernatural in nature.

So here is Hasan, alone among the throngs of madness with too much time to think. Alone. That's the word he's been dodging all morning.  How stupid was he to think that distracting himself with Chamrosh would make him less alone in this world? One hint of compassion from a being he doesn't really know and he was chasing her attentions like a puppy rather than face his own reality. Any distraction from his empty heart will do. BZBB is probably just another, a mystery he's clinging to hoping to delude himself into thinking he has a purpose here. Well, there's no hope of making that meeting now, no chance to find out what they're really up to here in Amsterdam, and at the moment Hasan doesn't even care.

There was a time Hasan thrived on such human chaos, keenly interested in the inner workings of human society. He and Fatima were always in the thick of it together. Now he is alone and he is failing, not thriving. Nothing is interesting without her and everything he tries to do is hopeless. How is he supposed to accomplish anything if he falls apart so easily in the face of trouble? Can't he do anything on his own? Surely there was a time in his life where he did, but that was before he met Fatima; she made him more than he had ever been on his own and now without her he is less than he ever was. Hasan cries, and as he cries a storm cloud settles over the protest and it begins to rain.

Hasan steps out of the cab and throws his suit jacket on the boot. He tears off his tie and throws it into the crowd. He must feel the rain on his skin so his shirt goes next. He stumbles along with the crowd feeling helpless and alone, soothed only by the rain on his scalp and chest. Yes, it's a good thing Hasan was not also afflicted by the bedlam.

Some hours later he finds himself shirtless and wandering the streets of the same neighborhood. The protests have dispersed, but where can Hasan go to escape from himself?


Hasan probably begins the next session wandering forlornly around the neighborhood. This session he has learned an awful lot about mortality and will be adding to that faction and forgetting a bit about power.  Claudia owes him a debt for saving her from the rats and he owes Soraya a debt for hosting Chamrosh in the middle of a bad situation.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:17, Wed 27 Mar 2019.

Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 52 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 11:38
Soraya and Claudia session wrap up
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 84):

Since the cops are in wrapping-up mode, I'm going to have to dig in a little more. When Bob takes my statement I suddenly remember the people I saw outside the house -- were they actually climbing out of the house? In all the excitement I forgot about them, but maybe they're a clue! One of them seemed familiar... but I can't quite put my finger on it. I describe Volker physically, but act like I can't quite make the connection... but that any minute it might occur to me. If Bob knows there's a cover up he should at least be nervous about my sudden excitement about cracking the case; if he's aware someone exited the house, I may able to detect that; and if he knows it's Volker, my hamfisted efforts to describe Volker should elicit some kind of reaction. I also muse aloud about the professional wrestler who threw me through a plate glass window, acting sure that Bob knows about that part already.

Plan B is to go up to Elsje after Bob, notice she's upset, and act concerned for her and like a shoulder she can cry on. Not that I expect her to simply spill her guts, but she might trust me, and she might let something slip.

I assume, since Plan A and B are one sequence, you want a single roll to misdirect in order to open up opportunities, and then a single figure someone out for both Bob and Elsje, to see what I can find out. Making those rolls now:

9 on misdirect (unless Soraya notices what I'm up to, and lends a hand somehow?); I create an opportunity and expose a weakness, and you can tell me what the catch is. 10 on figure someone out: who's pulling their strings, how could I get them to reveal what's going on, and how I can I get Elsje to owe me a debt?
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 40 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 12:52
Re: Soraya and Claudia session wrap up
quote:
I assume, since Plan A and B are one sequence, you want a single roll to misdirect in order to open up opportunities, and then a single figure someone out for both Bob and Elsje, to see what I can find out. Making those rolls now:

9 on misdirect (unless Soraya notices what I'm up to, and lends a hand somehow?); I create an opportunity and expose a weakness, and you can tell me what the catch is. 10 on figure someone out: who's pulling their strings, how could I get them to reveal what's going on, and how I can I get Elsje to owe me a debt?


Bob’s eyes narrow a little bit when you mention the guys climbing out the window but at that moment Elsje is walking by clearing dishes and she stumbles and dumps a cup of cold tea in Bob’s lap.  He runs to the bathroom to try and keep it from staining.

“Claudia,” Elsje hisses sotto voce, “you should assume all the cops are in the pockets of somebody supernatural.  Most of the inspectors too.  You’re going to get yourself killed.”

Her face spasms in pain and grief.  “Don’t look at me that way.  Yes, all the cops.  Just wrap this up and don’t attract anymore attention than you already have”.

You expose the weakness that the cops and the inspectors  are dirty.
Who is pulling the strings?  The vamps?  And bzb, probably.
You found out that you can get Elsje to tell you what’s going on by putting yourself in danger
You could get Elsje to owe you a debt if you could help her escape the web of corruption she’s caught herself in

How does this session end for Claudia

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:51, Wed 27 Mar 2019.

Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 53 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 14:50
Re: Soraya and Claudia session wrap up
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 87):

Claudia is shell-shocked. She had pretty much written off Elsje after she showed herself to be a racist asshole, but now her heart melts a little.

She's emotionally confused, but that's nothing new... once the cops are gone, she shrugs it off. She steels her resolve.

If Soraya lets her, she does a sweep of the house to see if the cops have planted any listening devices. She isn't a pro at this, she just knows what she's obsessively read on the internet late at night. I assume Soraya either keeps her from doing this fully, or grudgingly watches as Claudia fretfully scours every surface. In the end, she turns to Soraya and says "do you have anywhere really... private? That we can talk?"

Unless this leads to an invitation to the sanctum sanctorum, they end up in the upstairs bathroom with the door shut, the shower running, the sink running, and a fan that she dug out of a linen closet running. I'm picturing a cramped bathroom. Then Claudia crouches awkwardly next to Soraya -- maybe sitting on a wastebasket with the fan in her lap, or perhaps on the counter if there's space -- and tells Soraya what she knows.

"You asked me before if I know what's going on? I don't think I do, but I am beginning to understand that there IS something going on, at least.

I saw Paul Volker coming out of your window -- crawling head-down like a cockroach. I'm pretty sure he was the one who brought the rats. He's a bureaucrat, in public works. I think this city is rotten full of... somethings. I don't know. 'Somebody supernatural' is what Elsje said. She said the cops are all in the pockets of somebody supernatural. What does that even mean? That's not a rhetorical question, Soraya. I want to know. Clearly Hasan is... someone who can shoot lightning out of his hands. And Chamrosh, it seems like... she can do things too? But they seemed pretty unhappy about the cops interrogating them; and you seem to trust Hasan. So that tells me there are two sides here -- Volker did something to your sister, the cops are covering for him, and then there's you and Hasan and Chamrosh. Oh, no wait, there's your k-- I mean there's -- I mean that, uh, that guy I saw you with? Your, uh, the guy who threw me through the window?" Claudia blushes, and then frowns so hard that she forgets to blush. "Whose hair was on fire. That wasn't a trick, he's a... fire guy. I'm not sure that's the same side as Volker and Goli. That thing on your wall -- whores that," Claudia clears her throat, "lay down with the tainted? That sounds like a threat. I think you were negotiating with the fire guy, and the rat guys are threatening you over that, and Hasan is a lightning guy, which might be the same as fire guys but... I don't think so. And who made the flower footsteps? Rat guys are trying to hurt you, lightning guys are your friends, fire guys are... trying to make a deal with you. Then there's BZBB; Hasan is their lawyer, but the vibe I get is that that's a matter of convenience, I don't think he really trusts them. I think those are rat guys. Oh --" Suddenly certain details flash into Claudia's mind -- Terry. Terry's obsessions. Rat guys? AYESHA. She pushes that thought out of her mind. "Anyway, That's what I've got so far. How am I doing? And wait, listen, before you say anything: I know I don't know anything yet. But I'll tell you what I do know. I know how to dig. I know how to dig, Soraya. And I'm going to find out everything. I want to help your sister. Okay. Okay. That's it. You go."
Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 54 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 15:03
Re: Soraya and Claudia session wrap up
In reply to Claudia Horst (Aware) (msg # 88):

quote:
At the end of every session, if you learned something meaningful about a Faction, increase your score in that Faction by 1 and decrease your score in a different Faction by 1. Tell the MC how your relationships to those communities have changed.


I'm going to go with Night. Volker's rats, cockroach crawl, and ensorceling of Mercedes made the biggest impression. I'm pushing the Wild stuff to the side.

I decrease Mortality, obviously. I'm going down the rabbit hole. Normals are going to start finding me a little less savvy and a little more unnerving.

quote:
If someone did you a favor at a cost, tell the group; you owe them a Debt. If you did someone a favor without redress, tell the group; they owe you a Debt.


Elsje warned me of the cops crookedness, at great risk to herself. I owe her a Debt.
Soraya Tavalokian (Wizard)
 player, 32 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 18:13
Figuring Chamrosh out
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 81):

quote:
Your sense with Chamrosh, having watched her operate for an hour or so is the best way to get her to help is to have your quest be really engaging and that she would like to have a really charming story to tell when she goes home to where ever that is.  She wants drama, mystery and to be the protagonist of the story with many funny and charming anecdotes about the people here.  She seems to exist in a large network of debts and oaths.  If you could help her with a big one, she'd be happy to owe you a small one.  Debt arbitrage is big in her court.  You all heard that she wants to become pregnant with Hassan's child.  Maybe you could help her enchant him?  She suggests this to you when she notices you're kissing up to her.


I wasn’t kissing up. In Persian culture, one provides a formal greeting to a new acquaintance as a sign of respect. The courtsey was inspired by Chamrosh’s energy.

I reply to Chamrosh that if she is willing to help I will be in her debt and I take my debts seriously. However, my family’s peril is no “charming anecdote” and that if she is here merely to satisfy her whimsy she should finish her tea and be off. If she responds favorably, Soraya will owe her a debt at the end of this session. If not, Soraya finds her disrespectful in our home and is rather cold to her.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:24, Wed 27 Mar 2019.

Soraya Tavalokian (Wizard)
 player, 33 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 18:17
Re: Soraya and Claudia session wrap up
In reply to Claudia Horst (Aware) (msg # 88):

quote:
If Soraya lets her, she does a sweep of the house to see if the cops have planted any listening devices. She isn't a pro at this, she just knows what she's obsessively read on the internet late at night. I assume Soraya either keeps her from doing this fully, or grudgingly watches as Claudia fretfully scours every surface. In the end, she turns to Soraya and says "do you have anywhere really... private? That we can talk?"


Soraya is too busy ushering out the cops, managing Mandana, and trying to figure out Chamrosh to notice Claudia’s sweep. She’s decided to trust Claudia enough at this point. But we’re talking in the bathroom, not the Sanctorum.


I confirm that Claudia’s interpretation of events matches mine. I also tell her about Marc’s proposal, the DreamEater and Ima. Let’s put all the cards on the table and see what the fates have in store.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:04, Wed 27 Mar 2019.

Soraya Tavalokian (Wizard)
 player, 34 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 21:06
Re: Soraya and Claudia session wrap up
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 87):

I marked +1 Night and - 1 Mortality.
Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 55 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 21:35
Claudia's To Do list
In reply to Soraya Tavalokian (Wizard) (msg # 91):

A list on yellow lined paper crumpled in Claudia's left coat pocket:

  1.   Call Floris G -- dirt on Volker
  2. Jan owes me, knows SOMETHING, TotZ connected (triple underline)
  3.    Goli - scout out AP Dept - ??? (online, phys)
  4. BZBB/police/rat people -- paper trail???
  5. S's kink BF, face??? He knew me! ID?
  6. Oggie's package?
  7. Martin - 180a - V??? V=rat!?? Search fight scene/clues
  8. RESEARCH



(Not on the list, but very much on CLaudia's mind, is Ayesha)

This message was last edited by the player at 21:38, Wed 27 Mar 2019.

Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 56 posts
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 10:25
Re: Claudia's To Do list
Annotated list
Claudia Horst (Aware):
1.  Call Floris G -- dirt on Volker

See earlier in the game; I already rolled once on I know a guy to dig up dirt on Volker via my gossipy contact in his department, Floris Gelderkinder. If that roll's stale (since I couldn't actually do it, because rat) feel free to loveletter it or have me roll again.

Claudia Horst (Aware):
2. Jan owes me, knows SOMETHING, TotZ connected (triple underline)


I have two debts on Jan. Something fishy is going on at Tot Zover. I can cash in debts to get him to tell me the truth.

Claudia Horst (Aware):
3.   Goli - scout out AP Dept - ??? (online, phys)


I need to hit the streets, find out about Goli the rat inspector, maybe go to the Animal Pest department in person, or see what I can find online. Maybe I know some gov IT people who can get me more than I can find myself -- ones who would be happy to dig around in places they maybe shouldn't be, on the idea that it's just office politics -- for instance, that I suspect AP is going to  screw up my planned permit initiative and I just need to know everything I can in order to have all my ducks in a row before I decide whether to preemptively escalate.

Claudia Horst (Aware):
4. BZBB/police/rat people -- paper trail???


Is there a paper trail connecting the corruption of the police to BZBB and the rat people? Newspaper articles, attendance at fundraisers, lobbying, police officials who've profited from deals that smell of BZBB, mysterious disappearances of whistleblowers, political moves or rhetoric that don't make sense in the context of people's overt motivations but make sense if there's a cover up or manipulation going on? Things BZBB is doing that don't make sense in terms of profit motive but give a hint to why they would bother to obtain police protection? Off-duty police officers pulling guard duty shifts at publicly opaque locations? Private security doing things police should do with mysteriously little protest from police commissioners? Signs of division within BZBB, board fights, shareholder inquiries? Tax or licensing discrepancies in BZBB's filings? That kind of thing.

Claudia Horst (Aware):
    5. S's kink BF, face??? He knew me! ID?


Soraya's kink boyfriend (even after her explanation, I can't shake the private suspicion that I interrupted something embarrassing -- embarrassing to me, I mean); do I know his face? (Claudia never did try to put a name to it; she rolled for did my homework instead, which is a non-overlapping move). He knew me; how? Can I identify him?

Claudia Horst (Aware):
6. Oggie's package?


I should really go pick it up.

Claudia Horst (Aware):
7.  Martin - 180a - V??? V=rat!?? Search fight scene/clues


Martin said that "vampires" (or vampire cosplayers) had applied to be part of 180 Amsterdammers. He thought it was funny until their headquarters was trashed, with what looked like violence, plus a spooky playing card. I could go there, snoop around, see what I find, see if there's any trace of the "vampires" -- or of the winners or the losers of the fight that clearly happened there. Are the rat people vampires? Are they cosplaying vampires? Is it a metaphor?

Claudia Horst (Aware):
8. RESEARCH


'Nuff said.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:29, Thu 28 Mar 2019.

Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 57 posts
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 12:29
Re: Soraya and Claudia session wrap up
In reply to Soraya Tavalokian (Wizard) (msg # 91):

Question for Soraya: what did you tell Claudia Marc wanted you to do for him? For reference, here's his offer:

quote:
When they first sat down, Marc explained that his employer is an extremely important force in this town, and that he was mortified to hear about all the attempts to force Soraya out by his "competition".  He wants to make all those problems go away for Soraya, but they need something in return.  They need Ima (or her) to cast a spell for them, two weeks from tonight in the center of town and they need her to channel the power of the dream eater to do it.  The spell can't be cast without a powerful practitioner, skilled in the arts of blood oaths and dreams

The wizard they brought in from Belgium to cast the spell showed up dead in a canal last night.  He said this as if it was the sort of thing that happened all the time to wizards, and as if it would be of little concern to Soraya.

 They're hoping Soraya can accommodate them on short notice.  The pay is extraordinary, he says.

He slides a bag of 16th century silver coins across the table to her.

This is just a down payment, he says.

Think about it, he says.  Think about what you want to ask for, he says.  My employer is generous, but not patient he says.  Your dreams can come true, he says.


and

quote:
Marc said, “Inside the mouth of Gaasperplas,” which I assumed is Gaasperplas station, the last stop on the red line. https://goo.gl/images/Lxo8Y1 He tuggged at the ornamental trinket attached to the drawstring on the bag of coins, so I guess it must be the token.


How much of that does Claudia know? Did you just say he wants you to meet him at Gaaserplas and he gave you a bag of silver but you don't know what he wants you to do? Did you imply that you know what he wants you to do, but you're not about to tell Claudia? Did you curtly say through gritted teeth, "cast a spell" and then abruptly change the topic with a glare?
Hasan Shirazi (The Fae)
 player, 33 posts
 Hasan(Fae)
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 16:19
Hasan BGA
In the next 24-48 hours Hasan would like to:

1) Visit Estie for help

2) Find a shirt

3) Not get fired

4) Pull strings at work to figure out what BZBB is up to now

5) Help Sorya with Mercedes in any way he can.
Soraya Tavalokian (Wizard)
 player, 35 posts
Fri 29 Mar 2019
at 21:41
Re: Soraya and Claudia session wrap up
In reply to Claudia Horst (Aware) (msg # 95):

I tell Claudia all of it. I have no idea what spell and I’m very fearful about any magic that involves the DreamEater.
I am willing to talk about magic unless Claudia starts asking for a laundry list of my abilities or anything pertaining to my Sanctorum, at which point she will find that she’s crossing the line.
Soraya Tavalokian (Wizard)
 player, 36 posts
Fri 29 Mar 2019
at 21:45
Soraya and Claudia session wrap up
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 84):

In the next 24-48 hours, Soraya will:

1. Download Claudia and Chamrosh on what I know and find out how they can help.
2. Get package from Oggie. If there’s no opium in it, hit the streets.
3. Check in on Mercedes regularly to make sure her condition is stable.
4. Try to get in touch with Hasan- would like his help on all of this.
Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 58 posts
Sat 30 Mar 2019
at 07:13
Re: Soraya and Claudia session wrap up
In reply to Soraya Tavalokian (Wizard) (msg # 97):

Claudia is a schemer and obsessive planner who
is frustrated by not having a bullet point list of the resources at her disposal. But she's alao empathetic and good
at office politics and has dealt with plenty of temperamental talent (IT gurus, celebrated building architects, procurement wizards) and touchy donors with political pull. She knows a line when she sees one and doesn't press. But she certainly also
goggles at the idea that you can do magic and is like "....magic? What do
you mean?"

Easiest would be to assume she knows everything that happened on table with the exception of the existence of the sanctorum  (so
she knows you teleported somewhere to fetch an artifact, but not where) but nothing on your character sheet.

Does that work? Or should we play it out?

If Claudia knows you can teleport she may want to
employ that in her campaign to snoop & infiltrate the rat people's operation