Fly on the Windscreen - The Third Session.   Posted by Master of Ceremonies.Group: 0
Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 93 posts
Sat 11 May 2019
at 14:32
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Claudia Horst (Aware) (msg # 152):

I put a name to the face on the decapitated vampire head, because that's what's visible -- I rolled a 9 earlier.

I don't know him but he looks like a Fred.

He has a long undercut or mohawk-like haircut, in which only one side of the head is buzzed, popular in the late 2010s, according to Wikipedia, "among circles of ravers, hipster girls, metalcore, and dubstep fans". The bright red color narrows it down to metalcore, which means I can guess that he probably frequented one of three clubs in the city in life (and maybe used them as hunting grounds afterwards).

This message was last edited by the player at 21:46, Sat 11 May 2019.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 114 posts
Sun 12 May 2019
at 05:31
The last stroke of midnight tolls...l
Soraya strikes a pose with her scimitar, and the head of fred bounces and skids across  the floor to Claudia's feet.  Blood pours from the neck and floods the floor.

From above, the three remaining vampires leap from the four story catwalk to and glide to attack Soraya.  They land in a triangle on all three sides of her, and punch the ground superhero style as they land.   When they hit the ground shards of glass begin to fall from the skylight which cracked earlier.  Sarese runs and pulls the fire alarm, and starts directing the mortals who are stampeding out of the ball.

 "I don't know why you're not afraid.  You're interesting for a little grey mouse.  You're not a little grey mouse at all, are you?

His hands shoot forward blindingly fast and grab you (Claudia) behind the head, and around your waist

"Kill the lawyer!" W yells, and then he pulls you to him and kisses you.  You can still feel the electricity crackling through him, you can smell the burnt hair, and his breath smells like expensive cigars and brimstone.  There is heat, painfully radiating from the scar on his face and from his loins which he thrusts against you, roughly.

The security guards pull their guns and aim them at Hassan.

Plikplok bellows, "GUEST RIGHT!  I invoke the ancient laws of hospitality.  These beings are guests of the Court of the summer seas, they have eaten our bread and drunk of our wine, and if they are harmed, your masters will be held accountable for recompense, and we will not be shy about demanding the blood price!"

The guards stumble to a halt and do not fire their weapons.  They look to W for guidance.  He breaks off his attack on Claudia's lips and points at Hassan.  "This one attacked me, and I am your guest.  How is that fair, fae?"

Plikplok stands firm.  "You will have to take up your complaints with the King of Storms.  Hassan and his child are guests here, as are you, Welgesteld, and there shall be no more bloodshed, or I shall have recompense."

At this moment, Marc comes flying down from the catwalk, his hair is on fire and he's sprouted giant bat wings.  He snatches up Soraya in his arms and he shouts "INCOMING!"

The skylight is caving in.  A giant husk, like the leaving behind of a cicada comes crashing down through the skylight into the main hall of the museum.  It crashes onto the punch table and now the floor is slick with punch and vampire blood, and little flakes of demonic insect husk scatter through the room.

The vampires are gone as the dust settles.

Welgesteld shrugs, and lets Claudia go.  "Get a drink with me.  You and your friends" he says.  "I own a place nearby.  You can be my guests."

What do you do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:34, Sun 12 May 2019.

Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 94 posts
Sun 12 May 2019
at 09:50
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Claudia Horst (Aware) (msg # 153):

This time I'm definitely not taking corruption. That was about as intimate as accidentally spilling a bucket of vomit down your shirt.

I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand. "Sure," I say. "I'd love a drink. On two conditions. One, you give me and Plikplok here, now, your word that you will not harm, nor cause to be harmed, the aforementioned guests of the court of summer seas, i including myself and Hasan and Hasan's child, not merely tonight but in perpetuity, nor will you permit your employees, contractors, vendors, or subordinates to so harm us, harm being defined to include physical injury, mind control, kidnapping, coercive removal, imprisonment, harm to our relatives and friends, or other violence directed at us or with the purpose of intimidating or coercing us, or any combination of these, except as you may use the minimum amount of force required to protect yourself and those you are responsible for from direct physical attack from us, Plikplok agreeing to accept this as a valid vow from you, in his presence, and its violation as an affront to the court of summer seas. And second, you promise to keep your hands and, uh, other body parts to yourself unless you have my enthusiastic consent. The grabby thing is kind of a turn off for me."  I smile. "Then we can discuss the rest over a drink.I think you'll find the little gray mouse has a lot to offer, tiger." I wink.

Presuming this counts as a persuade with seduction (no promises, this time, but seduction is what he seems to be after anyway), I'll still take that corruption for Irresistible and roll for it. I got a 10.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:12, Sun 12 May 2019.

Hasan Shirazi (The Fae)
 player, 63 posts
 Hasan(Fae)
Sun 12 May 2019
at 12:15
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Claudia Horst (Aware) (msg # 155):

Sure, Hasan will go with Claudia and the psycho to get a drink. But where is Chamrosh?
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 115 posts
Sun 12 May 2019
at 13:08
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Claudia Horst (Aware) (msg # 155):

Sorry, that’s about as seductive as a tax return.

He looks you up and down.  He’s clearly intrigued and amused.

“What?  What do you have to offer, then?”
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 116 posts
Sun 12 May 2019
at 13:11
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
Hasan Shirazi (The Fae):
In reply to Claudia Horst (Aware) (msg # 155):

Sure, Hasan will go with Claudia and the psycho to get a drink. But where is Chamrosh?


Chamroush is nowhere to be found.
Hasan Shirazi (The Fae)
 player, 64 posts
 Hasan(Fae)
Sun 12 May 2019
at 15:58
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 158):

Hasan starts calling her name and digging through the rubble as well as he can with one hand.

"Chamrosh! Chamrosh! Where are you?"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:58, Sun 12 May 2019.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 117 posts
Sun 12 May 2019
at 23:56
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
Hasan Shirazi (The Fae):
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 158):

Hasan starts calling her name and digging through the rubble as well as he can with one hand.

"Chamrosh! Chamrosh! Where are you?"


Well most of what fell was either glass or insect husk so there’s not too much digging to do, but Plikplok’s eyes narrow.  And he watches you suspiciously.

What do you do?
Hasan Shirazi (The Fae)
 player, 65 posts
 Hasan(Fae)
Mon 13 May 2019
at 00:58
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 160):

I walk over to Pilkplok and hold out my hand. "Hasan Shirazi, I don't believe we met. I'm sorry if my earlier outburst offended you. I get a little heated when people threaten to kill my friends. What's your role in this incredible evening?"

I roll an 8 to figure him out. I want to know What his character is hoping to get from this event. What his beef with Sarese(whoever he was arguing with earlier?) is. And I'll hold one.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:00, Mon 13 May 2019.

Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 95 posts
Mon 13 May 2019
at 10:52
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 157):

Claudia sees in his eyes that, even with him bedlammed with desire for her, she's about as seductive as a tax return. It's sort of a relief, even if it presents a problem in the moment. She sighs, grits her teeth, and turns on that other charm -- not sex appeal, but the deep mystery and dark excitement of consipratorial inclusion, fall down the rabbit hole with me. She reminds herself that she has the backing of a vast, powerful, and mysterious organization that she just made up five minutes ago.

"What I have to offer is this: winning, Welgesteld. Real winning. Not the castle of sand you were about to build, with enemies breathing down your throat, the mortals of the city poised to discover they were being exploited and bamboozled and to rise up against you, your own allies --" I gesture to Plikplok, to Sarese -- "disgusted with you. Not that lonely, trapped, desperate, always on your guard kind of winning. No. Imagine you get your gates to the other realms. Imagine BZB is prosperous and thriving. But now imagine that instead of everyone breathing down your neck, you had consensus. Imagine being seen by the city, by the mortals, as a hero; imagine being respected by the other powers because they believe they'll flourish too. Imagine winning and being able to breathe easy. That's what I can give you, Welgesteld."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 10:53, Mon 13 May 2019.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 118 posts
Mon 13 May 2019
at 14:49
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
Hasan Shirazi (The Fae):
I roll an 8 to figure him out. I want to know What his character is hoping to get from this event. What his beef with Sarese(whoever he was arguing with earlier?) is. And I'll hold one.


He says “Well, I suppose if you had an invitation you’d know I’m the host of the event”.  He tells you his name, Plimpton DeVeers, but does not invite you to call him by the familial “plikplok”.

From his body language you can see he is relieved that what he needed accomplished at the event was completed (the banishing of the insect demon).

“Now if you excuse me I have a lot of cleaning up to do, and I needs must apologize to my colleague from the safety department.  It would appear she was right about the fitness of the skylight” (he nods towards where Sarese left)

“Are you going to be needing that, um, nest?  Or can I have it disposed of?”

What would you like to do to close the episode?

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:40, Mon 13 May 2019.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 119 posts
Mon 13 May 2019
at 14:54
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Claudia Horst (Aware) (msg # 162):

“You can, can you?  Well, I’d like to hear more about that from you and your friends.”

Why don’t we all meet tomorrow after work at Hassan’s offices at MBA?  I look forward to hearing more details.  I won’t hurt you.  You amuse me.”

He strides towards the door.

Anything you want to do before you close the episode?
Hasan Shirazi (The Fae)
 player, 66 posts
 Hasan(Fae)
Mon 13 May 2019
at 15:09
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 163):

I'll spend my hold to find out how I could put him in my debt.

"I don't need the nest. Thank you for taking the trouble. And thank you for your patience."

Hasan sidles back up next to Claudia and says "I can't find Chamrosh. I think I'm going to need your help."

/Scene
Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 96 posts
Mon 13 May 2019
at 22:21
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Hasan Shirazi (The Fae) (msg # 165):

"Great," I tell Hasan, "because I'm going to need your help too. We're all going to need each other's help. And coffee. You know Caffe Milo? It's about five minutes from here, and it's open. Can you get Soraya and meet me there in ten minutes? Ditch her friend with the leather jacket, I don't trust him. Okay? We'll find Chamrosh, but to do that, we need to debrief, I think."

Unless Hasan has more specific help in mind that he needs right now, I go after Sarese in the parking lot. I wait until Plikplok's done talking to her, smile politely at him, then hurry after her -- if there's a chance to catch her alone. If she's going to be occupied for hours, I just wave and mime "call me".

But if I can catch her alone, I say "Hi, Sarese. Can we talk for just a minute?"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:23, Mon 13 May 2019.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 120 posts
Mon 13 May 2019
at 22:44
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
Claudia Horst (Aware):
In reply to Hasan Shirazi (The Fae) (msg # 165):

"Great," I tell Hasan, "because I'm going to need your help too. We're all going to need each other's help. And coffee. You know Caffe Milo? It's about five minutes from here, and it's open. Can you get Soraya and meet me there in ten minutes? Ditch her friend with the leather jacket, I don't trust him. Okay? We'll find Chamrosh, but to do that, we need to debrief, I think."

Unless Hasan has more specific help in mind that he needs right now, I go after Sarese in the parking lot. I wait until Plikplok's done talking to her, smile politely at him, then hurry after her -- if there's a chance to catch her alone. If she's going to be occupied for hours, I just wave and mime "call me".

But if I can catch her alone, I say "Hi, Sarese. Can we talk for just a minute?"


"I could probably get in big trouble for talking to you.  I told you not to come, didn't I?  How is your friend?  Did she survive?"

(Did you forget about Estie?  Mark corruption if you did!)

What do you say?
Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 97 posts
Tue 14 May 2019
at 03:11
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 167):

I didn't forget about Estie. I sent Estie to the hospital with Terry. I think Terry can protect her. I may have to get her out of Amsterdam or to some kind of safe house, but I'm not sure that's necessary yet. One thing at a time.

"Thanks for asking, I was about to call to check on her." I sigh. "Look, Sarese, I know you don't want any part of this. I know you just want to do your job, keep your head down, earn back your mother's trust. And you're right, you should. But I also know you care about innocent people getting hurt, and that you hate how Stijn and Welgesteld are making a mockery out of the rules, subordinating everything to their greed. Left unchecked, you know they're going to wreck the city like they just wrecked the Tropenmuseum. So listen. I don't want to get you mixed up in it. I don't want you involved. But I need to know what you know. In confidence. So I can make it right. So you don't have to."

I hand her the business card of The Thinking Hut Zuid, a large, pretty anonymous co-working space way off to the south of Amsterdam (Pilotenstraat 39a, to be precise), where we are unlikely to run into anyone.

"Can you get away around 11am tomorrow and meet me here? I'm going to meet with Welgesteld after work tomorrow, and my best chance is to be fully informed. Sarese, I know that sick feeling you have in your gut when you think about what's going on, and your part in it. I can fix that for you. And I can keep you out of it. But I do need your help."

I'm rolling to persuade. I'll mark another corruption to be irresistable, because I'm still on the adrenaline high of facing down Welgesteld. I got a 7, which irresistable turns into a 10+.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:13, Tue 14 May 2019.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 121 posts
Tue 14 May 2019
at 15:09
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
Hasan Shirazi (The Fae):
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 163):

I'll spend my hold to find out how I could put him in my debt.

"I don't need the nest. Thank you for taking the trouble. And thank you for your patience."

Hasan sidles back up next to Claudia and says "I can't find Chamrosh. I think I'm going to need your help."

/Scene


His face really fell when you didn’t volunteer to take the nest.  He would be in your debt if you took it home with you!
Hasan Shirazi (The Fae)
 player, 67 posts
 Hasan(Fae)
Tue 14 May 2019
at 15:38
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 169):

Lol nope. I guess no debt for me from Plikplok.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 122 posts
Wed 15 May 2019
at 00:19
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Claudia Horst (Aware) (msg # 168):

Sarese agrees to meet you tomorrow.

Scene!
Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 98 posts
Wed 15 May 2019
at 01:41
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 171):

I was planning, at the diner, to invite Soraya & Hasan to the whiteboarding session at the co-working space tomorrow, and to ask Soraya if she can figure out any magical way to help us not be spied on magically (mechanically, I was thinking of her go into your sanctum to create something move).

Also, to invite Terry and Jan, and to find out from Terry how Estie's doing.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:43, Wed 15 May 2019.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 123 posts
Wed 15 May 2019
at 11:35
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
Claudia Horst (Aware):
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 171):

I was planning, at the diner, to invite Soraya & Hasan to the whiteboarding session at the co-working space tomorrow, and to ask Soraya if she can figure out any magical way to help us not be spied on magically (mechanically, I was thinking of her go into your sanctum to create something move).

Also, to invite Terry and Jan, and to find out from Terry how Estie's doing.


That’s all fine, can all be handled in between.

Just waiting for Soraya’s last post.
Soraya Tavalokian (Wizard)
 player, 54 posts
Wed 15 May 2019
at 13:45
Re: Soraya and Hassan arrive at the ball just before Midnight
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 173):

As the corpse of the fly falls through the glass, Marc flies in and scoops me into his arms. The fly crashes to the ground, crushing vampires as we ascend to the landing.

I flick his bicep. “Put me down, pedarsag!” His arms flex, hard and muscular. Desire warms my loins. Demons are so predictable.

Marc puts me down and drops to his feet as his wings fold and disappear. “One down,” he says.

The Dream Eater surges within me, it’s belly is full from the kill. It stretches its toothy maw across the museum, tasting open space. I pull him back.  I need to understand what is happening here. Sorayajun, what have you gotten yourself into.

“Find me tomorrow,” I say to the demon. I need to rest.

Below, Hassan and Claudia are waiting. I come down the stairs and join them. Claudia invites me to “whiteboard” at a “co-working space.” I smile politely. These are allies, I suppose. And they certainly know more than I do about this mess. I just hope they serve chai at co-working spaces.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 124 posts
Wed 15 May 2019
at 15:03
Episode 3 is a wrap!
Before we start Episode 4, I'm going to ask each of you to frame a short scene at the Co-Working Space in between.

The new thread will be called: SHORT INTERMISSION, with a brief interlude.

The scene is supposed to be short.  You are allowed a maximum of ONE MOVE in your own scene.

Then if you want, we'll play Episode 4 at a secret session at Nerdly. :D
Claudia Horst (Aware)
 player, 99 posts
Wed 15 May 2019
at 22:06
Episode 3 is a wrap!
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 175):

Wait, do the scenes have to all be at the co-working space? I was assuming just mine was the whiteboarding scene.

(I suggested to Soraya she might want to create us a magical way of being unobserved by magic, before the whiteboarding)
The Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 59 posts
Sun 10 May 2020
at 21:36
Episode 3 is a wrap!
I am posting here to make sure these threads don't just disappear for lack of activity...