Day 2 IC: They come together.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Esparam
 Human, 77 posts
 Bet Rogala nobility
 Wizard (diviner)
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 06:02
Re: IC: Day 2
In reply to Eldon Thrush (msg # 28):

Esparam acquiesces. "I suppose we have been carried away in our enthusiasm to help the Empire", he says cheekily.

"I listened to your music. It was a good performance. Are you some kind of bard or troubadour perchance? A traveling one?"

While his smile, words and tone are warm, his eyes betray as much wariness as Tarrano.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 13:10, Mon 12 Nov 2018.

Tarrano Grazlak
 Hobgoblin, 72 posts
 Krangi
 Rogue
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 07:11
Re: IC: Day 2
Tarrano shakes his head at the halfling

"If we were in a contest you would know. We don't take our contests so lightly."

He turns to Thelonius as the man in charge he waited to see what he had to say.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:12, Sat 13 Oct 2018.

Thelonius Xander
 GM, 90 posts
 Noble of Baris
 Imperial Warrior
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 18:09
Re: IC: Day 2
Thelonius looks at the bard, "Little man sit with us and please don't offend Tarrano", Thelonius says with a wink.

He looks around at everyone gathered and says, "You know the journey would be better if we have a bard with us yes?"

Before the group has a chance to answer, Thelonius asks the halfling, "Would you care to join us on a dangerous journey. Much reward and glory await!"
Eldon Thrush
 Halfling, 4 posts
 Noble Birth
 Bard
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 18:49
Re: IC: Day 2
In reply to Esparam (msg # 30):

“I am in fact a traveling performer. Some say bard, I say artisan. But regardless I am interested in the conversation.” Reaching out his hand to properly greet Esparam  “ They call me Eldon the Golden, and I am here for you music pleasure” “perhaps I can keep a journal for your adventures for our children’s children not to forget the heroes of the Empire”

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:21, Sun 14 Oct 2018.

Eldon Thrush
 Halfling, 5 posts
 Noble Birth
 Bard
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 19:04
Re: IC: Day 2
In reply to Tarrano Grazlak (msg # 31):

With is hand extended he look at Tarrano. "Well you seemed to be ready for a fight - with your hand on your weapon” as Eldon looks down at his hand. "But of course I must be wrong”

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:22, Sun 14 Oct 2018.

Tarrano Grazlak
 Hobgoblin, 73 posts
 Krangi
 Rogue
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 20:31
Re: IC: Day 2
In reply to Eldon Thrush (msg # 34):

"One who has seen what I have seen will always be ready for a fight." his hand relaxes from his Dagger and he extends his other hand to meet the halfling's hand, grasping the forearm he shakes it vigorously.

"Well met, Tarrano"
Eldon Thrush
 Halfling, 6 posts
 Noble Birth
 Bard
Sun 14 Oct 2018
at 00:25
Re: IC: Day 2
In reply to Tarrano Grazlak (msg # 35):

After greeting Esparam. Eldons small hand meets Tarrano’s hand. And Eldon feels the grip and the intense motion of Tarrano's vigorously shanking hand. “Yes it is good to meet you as well.”

Looking now at Thelonius he extends his hand. "I must be honest. I’m not very interested in glory as death tends to follow. I can use a good reward for services given. But I suffer from the curse of my kind and just a good adventure tends to ‘Scratch the Ich’”

“Now I did not get all the details’ if you don’t mind going through it one more time. And please don’t skip a note as I write it down. “

He takes out a  quill and paper to start writing.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:34, Mon 15 Oct 2018.

Thelonius Xander
 GM, 91 posts
 Noble of Baris
 Imperial Warrior
Sun 14 Oct 2018
at 16:15
Re: IC: Day 2
In reply to Eldon Thrush (msg # 36):

Thelonius shakes Eldons hand, being careful not to crush it, "We will be journeying to Sobeteta. Our empire has sent soldiers there and they have not returned. Rumor has it they have all perished. There is also rumor of a relic. We bring that back with us so our King can personally present it to the Emperor, it does not belong to any of us. We each keep 10% of the treasure and any enchanted items will be divided evenly amongst us. A bonus of 150gp as well for good work at the end. We will provide the supplies we need for this mission and if within reason you can keep it forever. I have the final word on what you can keep. Traveling expenses will also be taken care of."

”Since you so conveniently have quill and parchment, you might as well right down our list of needed supplies. Map of Sobeteta and surrounding area. Tarrano is next followed by Esparam and then Titus and of course yourself.”

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:01, Mon 15 Oct 2018.

Eldon Thrush
 Halfling, 7 posts
 Noble Birth
 Bard
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 13:03
Re: IC: Day 2
In reply to Thelonius Xander (msg # 37):

"Yes of course I can make a list. I guess the first thing should be more paper and ink." Eldon smiles at himself with a light chuckle, laughing at his know joke. Unless they read minds not one would understand what he is really laughing about.

"I have seen a little in my travels, There is no accurate map of that region or its coast. Sobeteta, is located on one island that's been non-waiving but the terrain around it often changes. Rivers have been known to alter their courses, paths shift and one can easily get lost, mud flats are pushed sometimes leagues in one direction or the other, while sandbars and banks are raised and a  good storm can drown a ship by the treacheries Kalamar Sea." He looks at the group to see if he has maybe change anyone's mind about going to this place. "And That's just the start of what could happen."

"All I have to say is be ready when we get there because between the Bullywugs, Grippli and Lizardfolk we will have our hands full." As he smirks, "And make sure there is plenty of wine I hate ships and I'll need the stuff to keep my mind off the Kalamar Sea."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:59, Mon 15 Oct 2018.

Esparam
 Human, 78 posts
 Bet Rogala nobility
 Wizard (diviner)
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 15:37
Re: IC: Day 2
Esparam listens to Eldon's knowledge of Sobeteta, occasionally nodding in understanding.

When the halfling is done, he says: "This is helpful. This gives me a good idea of the kind of books I should have a look at before leaving. Basir must have some books on the topics of marshes and other related subjects that will help."

"As for my own list,"
he says turning to Thelonius, but occasionally making sure Eldon has time to scribe, "I believe the necessary items to draw up a map and protect it from the marshes' environment would be a good idea - we don't want to lose our way back. So a water-proof scroll case is a minimum."

"Additionally, with regards to magic, I have a couple of books in mind that could help me identify magic we could encounter, although they are fairly uncommon.  The one you would be more likely to find here would be the Short Encyclopaedia of Spellcasting: components, foci, voice and body for the optimisation of spellcasting efficacy and magical identification facilitation by Roderick Gumpreli-Trallmar. He was gnomish wizard that was well-known for both his magical command and fondness of books with lengthy titles..."

"Overview of the Arcanum by the elven researcher Lyandel Jliyuanminlandoral would be an equally great asset to this mission."
He looks at Eldon's confused face and spells the name.

"I suppose a well-crafted magnifying glass would be quite useful as well."


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
OOC: Asking for Water-proof Scroll Case, and Masterwork items for Spellcraft, Knowledge(Arcana), and Appraise

This message was last edited by the player at 21:31, Mon 15 Oct 2018.

Eldon Thrush
 Halfling, 8 posts
 Noble Birth
 Bard
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 20:22
Re: IC: Day 2
In reply to Esparam (msg # 39):

"Spy Glasses don't come cheap, Thelonius do we have enough for this ?" As he writes down every word, and some personal notes for a good story later.

Eldon feels that Esparam is well educated, and an interesting fellow to boot.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:56, Mon 15 Oct 2018.

Esparam
 Human, 80 posts
 Bet Rogala nobility
 Wizard (diviner)
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 21:27
Re: IC: Day 2
"No, no, not a spy glass, a magnifying glass. It is expensive, usually between 80 and 120 gold pieces. But it would be critical to estimate the value of what we find during our trip, to know what to bring back," Esparam corrects Eldon.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:04, Wed 17 Oct 2018.

Thelonius Xander
 GM, 93 posts
 Noble of Baris
 Imperial Warrior
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 21:42
Re: IC: Day 2
In reply to Esparam (msg # 41):

"I can't make any promises regarding the magnifying glass but I promise to do my best."
Tarrano Grazlak
 Hobgoblin, 74 posts
 Krangi
 Rogue
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 07:14
Re: IC: Day 2
"In addition to the quality tools that i hope can be attained, I might recommend some covered lanterns, some of those tindertwigs I think they are called, & a couple tents. "

Tarrano remarks softly after Thelonius had offered to the halfling

"I can write a list out if you prefer. Also will this be everyone?" As Tarrano looks to the five folks sitting around the table.
Thelonius Xander
 GM, 94 posts
 Noble of Baris
 Imperial Warrior
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 19:59
Re: IC: Day 2
In reply to Tarrano Grazlak (msg # 43):

"Thank you Tarrano, it seems Eldon has the list covered. You did mention an extra quiver of arrows as well? There are five of us but I was told to get our group up to six. We still have an opening. Do any of you perchance know of anyone?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:48, Tue 16 Oct 2018.

Esparam
 Human, 88 posts
 Bet Rogala nobility
 Wizard (diviner)
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 09:08
Re: IC: Day 2
In reply to Thelonius Xander (msg # 44):

Esparam scans the room. After all, so far, everyone in the group has come from here...
He notices a few patrons, the usual pair of dwarves - how can they still be drinking he wonders -, and the lone, diminutive man by the fireplace.

He asks Eldon, "Say, Eldon. You were just over here before coming to the table. What do you think of the patrons, would any here be a good candidate for Thelonius' mission? What about the man you were talking with before?"

Although the man by the fireplace did not look like he could handle that kind of mission, Esparam had met enough scrawny yet powerful people at the College of Magic to refrain from ruling him out so quickly, despite the weirdness that surrounds the man.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:17, Wed 17 Oct 2018.

Eldon Thrush
 Halfling, 9 posts
 Noble Birth
 Bard
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 14:21
Re: IC: Day 2
Catweazle:
The ratty looking man extends his hand gingerly and takes the halfing's in it. "Cat..." he says, shortly, flicking his nose with his thumb in a strange, superstitious sort of a way. "Catweazle. You play your instrument well. Soothe bears, 'twould," he adds, cracking the slightest of smiles as he lets go of Eldon's hand.



"By the gods how da'm rude of me!" as he looks over to the fireplace and realizes he left the kind man that paid for this wine with tips sitting alone. Quickly abandoning the group at the table in the middle of the conversation as if life and death itself hangs in the balance. he hurries back to Catweazle "Good Man, please excuse my rudeness I got so lost in meet this group over there that I forgot I was also introducing myself to you first." He starts to laugh at himself,.... thinking that his total failure at snooping in on their conversation lead to meeting them in the first place. "Please allow me to apologize and repay your kindness with a drink and some food. There is room for one more will you join us?"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:21, Wed 17 Oct 2018.

Thelonius Xander
 GM, 96 posts
 Noble of Baris
 Imperial Warrior
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 17:01
Re: IC: Day 2
Thelonius looks at the man Eldon is speaking to. He leans over to Tarrano's ear and whispers loud enough that Esparam and Tutus can also hear, "He looks a little scrawny to me. Wait, is that a leaf in his hair?"
Tarrano Grazlak
 Hobgoblin, 80 posts
 Krangi
 Rogue
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 17:06
Re: IC: Day 2
Tarrano eyes follow Eldon as he rushes back towards the small human fella as he apologizes for his action, shrugging his shoulders he turns back to the others at the table, a smirk at Thelonius comment but he returned his attention to the task at hand.

"Right so I can see if I can find a map today of the region we are headed to, unless you know of a good place to find at least somewhat accurate maps. As I was saying earlier, I could use some extra arrows, some high quality tools for any traps or other similar ilk that we may come across, additional food & water, some way to light fires even when damp, hooded lanterns, oil for the lanterns, at least a good canvas sheet so that we can cover ourselves from the rain if we do not acquire tents, & maybe some mules to carry this extra equipment for us."

Tarrano reaches for the pitcher at the table filling his mug as he finished recited what he needed and then grabbed a couple more sausages. His head had finally started to fill normal and he felt it was time to get moving.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:07, Wed 17 Oct 2018.

Titus Aurelius
 Human, 9 posts
 Noble
 1st Cohort
Thu 18 Oct 2018
at 02:07
Re: IC: Day 2
"Let us be off, and off quickly!"
Catweazle
 Human, 26 posts
 Druid
Thu 18 Oct 2018
at 22:32
Re: IC: Day 2
Catweazle did not noticed until invited to the table that a Hobgoblin was in the tavern. This is a long and hateful relationship Catweazle has for the Hobgoblin kind. "Halfling you are very good with your song and you seem very kind. I thank you for the invitation but I must decline. I have not the will or stomach to keep the company you have chosen." The look of dislike is so clear too Eldon. "In fact good halfling I think I should go."

Catweazle leave the tavern without looking back or giving the group a second thought.
Esparam
 Human, 95 posts
 Bet Rogala nobility
 Wizard (diviner)
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 08:37
Re: IC: Day 2
Esparam watches the patron leave. Better that he leaves now that join the group and later prove to be a liability. Not that he had shown signs of being useful to the mission anyway.

"Thelonius, perhaps the party of five will suffice. And it is still possible we meet people before we leave. I suggest we take the day to obtain what equipment we need, and leave in the morning tomorrow. What do you say?"
Thelonius Xander
 GM, 99 posts
 Noble of Baris
 Imperial Warrior
Sat 20 Oct 2018
at 14:17
Re: IC: Day 2
In reply to Esparam (msg # 51):

“Agreed. I’m getting tired of sitting all day.”, Thelonius stands up and calls Lilly over and pays for the meals.

“Let’s be off.”, Thelonius says, glad to be moving again.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:42, Sat 20 Oct 2018.

Eldon Thrush
 Halfling, 10 posts
 Noble Birth
 Bard
Mon 22 Oct 2018
at 20:33
Re: IC: Day 2
As Thelonius begins to settle this at the tavern Eldon walks back over. "I see we are leaving. And you were discussing a list of things we can have before we leave,  Eldon reaches in his pocket, "I keep a want list of things in case i ever have the gold to buy them. Since my mind is always racing about I hind of forget things unless asked.But the way are you all staying here, if so before there is no room left I should let them I, I will be staying as well. And I would like to discuss my service to be part of the requirements for citizenship. I mean this trip is going to be weeks maybe months I figure I should be awarded some credit for that ?? " The halfling just smiles after speaking his piece and hands Thelonius a piece of poor quality paper with some notes randomly all about. It can be read in no orderly fashion.

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)

Backpack (holding the below)
-Standard Adventurer's Kit 16gps 25lbs.
 Bedroll & Blanket, winter 5 sp
 Flint & Steel
 Hooded Lantern
 (3) pints of Oil
 Trail Rations (14 days)
 Waterskin
 Whetstone

-Climber’s kit, 80 gp 5 lb.1
replace standard rope with - Elven Rope, (20 ft.) 50 gp

-Traveler’s outfit 1 gp 5 lb.1

fine garments which is what he is wearing now will be packed away.
The rest he needs he already has, ....


This message was last updated by the player at 20:33, Mon 22 Oct 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 274 posts
 Caladin
 Live Free, Die Well
Mon 22 Oct 2018
at 20:33
Re: IC: Day 2
It is clear now the company consist of Eldon the Golden, a halfling bard from Bet Kalamar, and Esparam a human, schooled in magic and a nobleman, Tarrano a hobgoblin and kalamaran too boot. There is Thelonius also human, a citizen of the empire, a noble and currently taking the leadership roll for the group, ... and last but far the least noticeable Titus, a hulk (we think human or maybe half giant) of a young man who has little words.

Thelonius should be happy he has completed the first task of getting a group of adventures together to travel south - to the swamps of the Alubelok Coast. They must travel to the City of Sobeteta, there gather the information needed to track down the missing members of the 1st cohort and bring home the still unknown artifact. Hopefully the Imperial Guards in Sobeteta will have the information they so invaluably need.

The rest of the day is spent in the markets and shops of Bet Urala the captial of Basir, searching for the items they  need for the journey. Eventually they find all the items and head back to the One Eye Ogre for one last night of rest before having to go to the docks. There at the dock they hope to find a ship that can take them to Sobeteta.