Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)   Posted by The GM.Group: 0
Flash Bang
 player, 96 posts
 Titanic Daredevil
 XP:6 Harm:11/20
Mon 3 Feb 2020
at 03:59
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Damned straight it hurt ... this robot was doing more damage to him than he was doing to it.

Thankfully, due to his Alien Physiology, that blast actually went nowhere near his Titanic heart.
But the growing anger, and the sudden wound to his chest created a burst of adrenaline within Flash; and he dropped his raygun and, with a Titanic scream, charged the construct fist's first, with the intent of taking its head right off with his bare hands.
- rolled 9 using 2d6+4 with rolls of 3,2.  Forceful + Alien Physiology.
The GM
 GM, 213 posts
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 16:19
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash Bang:
Damned straight it hurt ... this robot was doing more damage to him than he was doing to it.

Thankfully, due to his Alien Physiology, that blast actually went nowhere near his Titanic heart.
But the growing anger, and the sudden wound to his chest created a burst of adrenaline within Flash; and he dropped his raygun and, with a Titanic scream, charged the construct fist's first, with the intent of taking its head right off with his bare hands.
- rolled 9 using 2d6+4 with rolls of 3,2.  Forceful + Alien Physiology.


(Hmmm... roll 1d6 for dam, please...)
Flash Bang
 player, 101 posts
 Titanic Daredevil
 XP:6 Harm:11/20
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 23:24
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Oh, I don't mind if I do, thank you.
- rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6.  fist to robot.

The GM
 GM, 215 posts
Mon 10 Feb 2020
at 14:49
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash Bang:
Oh, I don't mind if I do, thank you.
- rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6.  fist to robot.


That's it. The robot is out of commission. It's certainly not destroyed-- a tech could probably get it moving again, if nothing else, in a couple of minutes-- but since no one is currently volunteering to work on it, it's probably not going to be attacking anyone else in the very near future.
Flash Bang
 player, 102 posts
 Titanic Daredevil
 XP:6 Harm:11/20
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 08:47
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
With the robot disabled, and a somewhat secure and unobserved room at their disposal, Flash called Doc C into the room, and closed the door.   They could continue monitoring the radio communications while they took a proverbial breather ...

... and tended to their wounds.  At least, you know, used the spray-sealant in their medkits to stabilise their bleeding forms.

Flash also took a look around the room to better understand where they were currently holed up.
Dr. Cleopatra Cagliostro
 NPC, 12 posts
 Mystical Professor
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 14:38
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash Bang:
With the robot disabled, and a somewhat secure and unobserved room at their disposal, Flash called Doc C into the room, and closed the door.   They could continue monitoring the radio communications while they took a proverbial breather ...

... and tended to their wounds.  At least, you know, used the spray-sealant in their medkits to stabilise their bleeding forms.

Flash also took a look around the room to better understand where they were currently holed up.


"I'm all right, enough," said Dr. Cagliostro. "The energy weapon cauterized the wound instantly, and it's not like it left a hole. It just hurts. What hurts me worse is just how disgusted I am with myself for getting hit in the first place. I think I'd rather save the med gear for in case we really get hurt later..."

The room is an 80 by 80 foot room, or close enough... There appear to be no other exits from the room... There's not a ton of interesting stuff, on first glance, other than the inactive robots.

Dr. Cagliostro sees Flash looking around. "...Coming up with a plan...?" she inquires...
Flash Bang
 player, 103 posts
 Titanic Daredevil
 XP:6 Harm:11/20
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 23:21
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
They could continue wandering aimlessly through this place, shooting and hitting folk along the way, until they stumbled upon something interesting.   But the anthill was starting to buzz and throb with para-military activity ... and it wouldn't be long before Flash and Doc would find themselves simply pinned down somewhere much like the room they were currently in.

They're stealthy intrusion, and covert existence here, had been blown ... so it was either time to make use of that, or find a new way to go unnoticed.
Doc looked like any other of the human's in the place: wearing the appropriate uniform and so on.
But Flash didn't ... couldn't.

He looked up.   Did it look like there was any way to get into, and begin moving around in, the ceilings or air ducts or such?
- rolled 10 using 2d6 with rolls of 5,5.  Insightful.
The GM
 GM, 228 posts
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 03:03
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash Bang:
They could continue wandering aimlessly through this place, shooting and hitting folk along the way, until they stumbled upon something interesting.   But the anthill was starting to buzz and throb with para-military activity ... and it wouldn't be long before Flash and Doc would find themselves simply pinned down somewhere much like the room they were currently in.

They're stealthy intrusion, and covert existence here, had been blown ... so it was either time to make use of that, or find a new way to go unnoticed.
Doc looked like any other of the human's in the place: wearing the appropriate uniform and so on.
But Flash didn't ... couldn't.

He looked up.   Did it look like there was any way to get into, and begin moving around in, the ceilings or air ducts or such?
- rolled 10 using 2d6 with rolls of 5,5.  Insightful.


Um, there's some sort of air duct... but it looks too small for Flash.

Dr. Cagliostro could fit pretty okay, though...
Flash Bang
 player, 104 posts
 Titanic Daredevil
 XP:6 Harm:11/20
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 04:31
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash 'hmmm'ed to himself, because that was ironic.
The whole point was that she could probably walk these corridors just fine ... but it was getting Flash around unnoticed that was the problem.

But, as that wasn't an option ... he turned to Doc, "Ok Doc, Whadda ya reckon?
With you in that get-up, we could split up.  Them out there are looking for two people.  If we went different ways, you'd probably blend in with them well, and find out a lot of stuff.
Meanwhile, once they're on to me, I can likely draw their attention ... making your job easier*
"



* and remove another N/PC from the GM's concerns for a while ... until you or the player decided to have Doc show up again at some unexpected moment
Dr. Cleopatra Cagliostro
 NPC, 13 posts
 Mystical Professor
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 16:45
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash Bang:
Flash 'hmmm'ed to himself, because that was ironic.
The whole point was that she could probably walk these corridors just fine ... but it was getting Flash around unnoticed that was the problem.

But, as that wasn't an option ... he turned to Doc, "Ok Doc, Whadda ya reckon?
With you in that get-up, we could split up.  Them out there are looking for two people.  If we went different ways, you'd probably blend in with them well, and find out a lot of stuff.
Meanwhile, once they're on to me, I can likely draw their attention ... making your job easier*
"



* and remove another N/PC from the GM's concerns for a while ... until you or the player decided to have Doc show up again at some unexpected moment


"Makes sense to me, if you're confident about proceeding alone," she said. "Shall I explore back the way we just left, or forward? Or shall we both go back and choose one of those unexplored doors each...?"
Flash Bang
 player, 105 posts
 Titanic Daredevil
 XP:6 Harm:11/20
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 22:10
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
The GM:
The hallway to the left goes another 50 feet, and then turns off to the right-- but there's a door down there at the turn, too...

Why don’t you double.  Check the doors behind us for anything of interest or threat, then let me know if you need any backup”, he said, tapping his DP Wrist Communicator, “I’ll keep pushing on further into the facility”.

Flash wanted to get to the heart of this place: the temple of the Fire Witch.

When they were both ready, Flash opened the door from this room and led the way out into the corridor again ...
The GM
 GM, 237 posts
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 22:54
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)

The next door Flash tries (although there are others on the hallway he's on) is a stairway, leading downward. Doesn't look, sound, nor smell like anyone's using it right now...

Will Flash head down...?
Flash Bang
 player, 107 posts
 Titanic Daredevil
 XP:6 Harm:11/20
Sat 15 Feb 2020
at 06:20
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash’s motto is always* ‘Onwards and Upwards’ ... or in this case, Downwards.

Doing so carefully, though.





* or it is, at least, right now.
The GM
 GM, 239 posts
Sat 15 Feb 2020
at 19:26
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash Bang:
Flash’s motto is always* ‘Onwards and Upwards’ ... or in this case, Downwards.

Doing so carefully, though.

* or it is, at least, right now.



Oooooh. This goes down to level 2... and then it keeps going. No sign of trouble yet... Will Flash keep heading downwards...?
Flash Bang
 player, 108 posts
 Titanic Daredevil
 XP:6 Harm:11/20
Sat 15 Feb 2020
at 21:34
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Working on the idea that the good stuff will be further down, Flash is lured deeper down into the facility.
The GM
 GM, 240 posts
Sun 16 Feb 2020
at 15:37
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash Bang:
Working on the idea that the good stuff will be further down, Flash is lured deeper down into the facility.


The stairs come to a stop on Level 3. Nice of them to label it on the wall, there...

Flash checks out the hallway the stairwell opens onto. Nothing. Well, they think all the Danger Patrol agents are on levels 1 and 2, one supposes...

This new hallway runs about 40 yards to the left and 40 yards to the right. There's a door on each end... But there's also a door nearer, only about 25 yards away. It's down the left-hand side, and to the left...

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:37, Sun 16 Feb.

Flash Bang
 player, 109 posts
 Titanic Daredevil
 XP:6 Harm:11/20
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 23:19
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash slipped from the stairwell, and headed left ... down to the solitary door further down on the left (but not at either corridor end).
Trying it, it quickly slipped inside if it opened, scanning the room quickly to ascertain its purpose and habitants.

- rolled 5 using 2d6 with rolls of 2,3.  Insightful.
I gotta work on my Insightfulness!

The GM
 GM, 246 posts
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 18:06
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash Bang:
Flash slipped from the stairwell, and headed left ... down to the solitary door further down on the left (but not at either corridor end).
Trying it, it quickly slipped inside if it opened, scanning the room quickly to ascertain its purpose and habitants.

- rolled 5 using 2d6 with rolls of 2,3.  Insightful.
I gotta work on my Insightfulness!


Flash steps through the door.

It's another hallway, much like the last one, running left and right.

Except unlike the last one, there's a guy standing guard.

(Flash gets 1 new XP.

GM rolls some dice...)


Both Flash and the guard are surprised (there was a weird buzzing that the lights were making down here which distracted Flash, as if the complex was having power fluctuation problems for some reason), but the guard recovers first, and fires at Flash... and hits, although not dead-center.

(Flash takes 3 new damage.)

The guy's left himself wide open for a potential counter-attack from Flash, though...
Flash Bang
 player, 110 posts
 Titanic Daredevil
 XP:7 Harm:8/20
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 23:31
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash, the pain bringing his wits back, reacted to the threat in his usual way ...
He decked the man.
      - rolled 11 using 2d6+3 with rolls of 2,6.  Forceful assault.
           Taking the ‘+d6 option’
        - rolled 9 using 2d6 with rolls of 4,5.  Damage.

The GM
 GM, 247 posts
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 18:53
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash Bang:
     
           Taking the ‘+d6 option’


(...Er, what "+d6 option"? I could absolutely be wrong, but I think we don't have that here...)
Flash Bang
 player, 111 posts
 Titanic Daredevil
 XP:7 Harm:8/20
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 19:39
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
This:
rules:
Attack
When you attack an enemy in melee, roll+Forceful. (Unless using a weapon with the Precise tag, in which case Agile.)
✴On a 10+, you deal your damage to the enemy and avoid their attack. At your option, you may choose to do an extra 1d6 damage but risk exposing yourself to enemy attack.

The GM
 GM, 248 posts
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 20:09
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash Bang:
This:
rules:
Attack
When you attack an enemy in melee, roll+Forceful. (Unless using a weapon with the Precise tag, in which case Agile.)
✴On a 10+, you deal your damage to the enemy and avoid their attack. At your option, you may choose to do an extra 1d6 damage but risk exposing yourself to enemy attack.


(Yep, sure enough, there it is. The bolding makes a big difference. I looked RIGHT AT that line earlier, and my eye just ignored it. Surely, my past self wouldn't've left that rule I'm not fond of from Dungeon World in this ruleset...?

Past self: (shrugs)

Thanks for nothing, past self.

Oh well.)


The guard is messily dead.

Time to choose a new direction...(?)
Flash Bang
 player, 112 posts
 Titanic Daredevil
 XP:7 Harm:8/20
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 17:09
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash quickly headed off down to the left, to see what that direction led to.
The GM
 GM, 255 posts
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 16:14
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
Flash Bang:
Flash quickly headed off down to the left, to see what that direction led to.


Ah ha! This new area has some cells with durasteel bars, doubtless for holding prisoners.

Fortunately, there's no one being held here right now.

I mean, it would be sort of unfortunate if Flash had had his heart set on rescuing someone, but it's mostly fortunate, in that it means there's no one here on guard, since there's no one to guard.

There's no other exits from this area, so it's time to backtrack... The other end of the hall, maybe? Or maybe go explore what's on the other end of that first hallway, the one the stairs opened onto...?
Flash Bang
 player, 113 posts
 Titanic Daredevil
 XP:7 Harm:8/20
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 08:50
Re: Flash and Cagliostro: The Mess Hall (and beyond?)
'Right then', Flash thought to himself.

And he turned his attention back to 'the other end of the hall'.