Chapter 1: You All Meet At An Inn.   Posted by The Allfather.Group: archive 0
Brandaelfr Erling
 Eldhud Holy Warrior, 38 posts
 Basic Speed 6
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 20:44
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Feeling a lot better, Brandaelfr manages to swing his halberd at the Peshkali twice but only manages to be on target with one blow.

Maneuver: Attack
Rapid-Strike at Arms, but only one success
Peshkali takes 14(2) cut to one arm wielding a sword


HP: 9/13     FP: 4/13
Dagrak Torsten
 Dwarf Cleric, 35 posts
 EH? WHAT?
 Basic speed 6.25
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 02:29
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Dagrak dodged yet another attack. He looked around and realized that while others could attack at this point he would do the most good by distracting the monster. He prayed for protection and then continued to shout. "Oi! Over 'ere! Ya missed me!"

retreat dodge, step and cast shield 2, -3FP

HP 12/12  FP 6/16 ER 0/3, PI 0/4 Spells on: , Buffs:
Fergurth Skogurdottir
 Elf Scout, 33 posts
 Basic Speed 7
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 06:22
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Her victory of peppering the demon is short lived when she realizes that it doesnít seem to be overly phased by the arrows. ďWell, I havenít hit itís arms yet, I suppose thatís next.Ē She draws back effortlessly on her bow, takes a step forward and... seems to step on a piece of ground that loosened during the earthquakes. Her foot over extends and she looses her balance. She wobbles for a second but lickily keeps herself standing.

Double Shot: Crit Fail
Crit Table: Lose Balance, -2 to next Defense

The Allfather
 GM, 42 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 14:09
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Fergurth loses her balance.

Mog is unconscious.

Drakul destroys the middle idol.

Dagrak buffs himself.

Brandaelfr attacks the demon.



Drakul destroys the middle idol, the whole room shakes more violently than any of the times before, and there is another loud horn blast identical to the one at the start of the zombie attack. Dagrak draws the demon's attention while Brandaelfr chops one of its arms off. The demon seems more disoriented it lunges where no one is and swings all of its swords at nothing.

Roll DX-2 or fall down.

Peshkali    HP: -65/20
Idol 1     Destroyed
Idol 2     Destroyed
Idol 3     Destroyed

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:17, Wed 19 Dec 2018.

Brandaelfr Erling
 Eldhud Holy Warrior, 39 posts
 Basic Speed 6
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 16:34
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Despite the ground shaking again, Brandaelfr is now back into a rhythm. He swings twice at the arms of the Peshkali, although the second blow is a little weak.

Success on DX-2 roll to stay standing

Maneuver: Attack
Rapid-Strike at Arms, Success on both
Peshkali takes 16(2) and 7(2) cut to two arms wielding swords


HP: 9/13     FP: 4/13

This message was last edited by the player at 16:48, Tue 18 Dec 2018.

Drakul
 Half-Ogre Thief, 45 posts
 Basic Speed 6.5
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 18:41
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Drakul moved to behind the demon.

Move.

HP: 8/14     FP: 4/11
Fergurth Skogurdottir
 Elf Scout, 34 posts
 Basic Speed 7
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 21:29
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Shaking or no shaking, the ground wasnít gonna trip her up again. She braces herself and readies her bow. Bodkins seemed to be a better fit for the thick skin of the Peshkali. She takes aim and fires two arrows right at a joint of one of its left arms. The arrows sail true but even with their armor punching heads, they still just barely scratched the surface.

DX Roll: Success
Double Shot: Success and Success
Damage: Bodkin Arrows 3(2) pi and 3(2) pi

The Allfather
 GM, 43 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 23:17
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Fergurth shoots.

Mog is unconscious.

Drakul moves behind the demon.

Dagrak shouts.
Defend or take 20 cutting damage.

Brandaelfr attacks the demon.



The delvers keep their feet and start ganging up on the peshkali. Two of its arms hang limp but it continues to track the yelling dwarf, one wild swing is even on target.

Peshkali    HP: -95/20
Idol 1     Destroyed
Idol 2     Destroyed
Idol 3     Destroyed

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:17, Tue 18 Dec 2018.

Brandaelfr Erling
 Eldhud Holy Warrior, 40 posts
 Basic Speed 6
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 23:32
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Focused on the task before him, Brandaelfr continues to dismantle the demon. He keeps chopping even once all the arms are crippled.

Maneuver: Attack
Rapid-Strike at Arms, Success on both
Peshkali takes 13(2) and 11(2) cut to two arms wielding swords

Maneuver: Attack
Rapid-Strike at Arms, Success on both
Peshkali takes 13(2) and 15(2) cut to two arms wielding swords


HP: 9/13     FP: 4/13
Drakul
 Half-Ogre Thief, 46 posts
 Basic Speed 6.5
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 23:39
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Drakul slashed the creatureís arms.

Rapid Strike: Both successful.
Damage: 12 and 8 cutting to the Arm Joint.

Rapid Strike: Both successful.
Damage: 9 and 7 cutting to the Arm Joint.


HP: 8/14     FP: 4/11
The Allfather
 GM, 44 posts
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 01:15
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
The delvers finish off the demon by crippling his remaining arms. With the idols destroyed and their guardian defeated all is still. Mog still lays on the middle of the room unconscious from his many wounds and many of the delvers are exhausted from the fight, but they all survived.
Brandaelfr Erling
 Eldhud Holy Warrior, 41 posts
 Basic Speed 6
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 03:00
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Brandaelfr takes a few extra swings and decapitates the the Peshkali, just to be sure. He then walks over to Mog and checks to see if the Barbarian is still breathing. Noting that he is, Brandaelfr gets his healer's kit and gets to bandaging the worst wounds between healing spells from Dagrak.

After finishing up this task, Brandaelfr rests against the columns of the room until his energy returns. He offers everyone a ration from his pack and eats one as well.

He makes conversation while resting, "Well, we survived that thing somehow. Anyone know what it was? Next time we should probably let the Cleric cast some spells before we charge in or someone might actually die."

He continues, "We have gone into battle together and emerged on the other side. I would like to know all of your names, if you would do me that honor. Mine is Brandaelfr Erling of Isfjall."

First Aid only provides 1 HP back to Mog. Fortunately, Dagrak is a much better healer than Brandaelfr.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:35, Wed 19 Dec 2018.

Dagrak Torsten
 Dwarf Cleric, 36 posts
 EH? WHAT?
 Basic speed 6.25
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 04:55
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
"Ah am called Dagrak Torsten. Ah am a cleric o' tha Laird o' Thoonder. Ah am on a mission to find tha very center o' tha storm. It is said that that tha Laird 'imself walks there. Ah would see if tha stories be true." He wearily cast the final spell on the barbarian. "There laddie, that is all Ah ken do today. Ah think he will wake soon."

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:03, Wed 19 Dec 2018.

Drakul
 Half-Ogre Thief, 47 posts
 Basic Speed 6.5
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 13:15
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Drakul continued hacking into the fallen demonís corpse with a methodical thud. He thrust his kukris into its back over and over, just in case vital organs happened to be there. Once it really seemed way beyond dead, he wiped the ichor from his blades and plopped down on the ground.

"That could have been worse," he said, huffing from the fatigue of battle. "I am called Drakul by some. Loki alone knows what surname I mightíve had if my parents were intelligent enough to have one. You could say that I am one with a competence in the ways of the street, especially the procuring of unique items. I prefer the term aquirer, infiltrator, or corsair. Iím also a new Lokian devotee. I was on my way to Isfjall in Norūlond, the home of Ńsatrķ."
Mog
 Half-Orc Barbarian, 28 posts
 Basic Speed 7
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 17:16
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Mog snores exceptionally loudly right after Drakul introduces himself and rolls over.
Some time later he wakes up, looks around and seeing the fight over says
"Did I kill 'im? I killed him didn't I?"
Brandaelfr Erling
 Eldhud Holy Warrior, 42 posts
 Basic Speed 6
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 17:41
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
To Dagrak, Brandaelfr grins and says, "Well met, Dagrak. Your healing today has saved our lives. Your quest sounds fitting for a Cleric of the Lord of Thunder, although I would not mind seeing what you describe for myself. I have not heard where the eye of the storm is located. However, when the storms roll in from the sea and set up over Lake Isfjall, the lightning frequently makes the entire lake light up. I would not be surprised if someone in Isfjall had an idea of where you could go to meet the Lord of Thunder. I cannot think of anyone off the top of my head, but I can at least offer you some ale in my favorite tavern in Isfjall."

To Drakul, the Eldhud replies with, "Well met to you as well, Drakul. It can always be worse, but I consider it a good day when everyone lives through the encounter. Procuring the right item can make all the difference in a battle. If you let me sell any such items for you, I might even be able to get you a great price. A new servant of Loki, eh, and heading to my hometown? If you want, we can journey together at least that far. You have proved yourself immensely capable in a fight, and so I would be gladdened by your company."

To Mog as he awakens, "No, the monster wounded you gravely, friend. The Cleric, Dagrak, has been feverishly working to save you. I am Brandaelfr, and I hope you do not mind but I did bandage some of your worst wounds to help staunch some of the bleeding. What may we call you besides Barbarian?"
Fergurth Skogurdottir
 Elf Scout, 35 posts
 Basic Speed 7
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 22:30
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
After Brandaelfr removes the demons head from its shoulders, she bends down an pokes it a couple times with the arrow she still held. "Thatís it then right? ...We won!?" She asks the now sitting Elhud. "NOW THAT WAS A RUSH! I mean hunting down criminals in the forest back home is fun and all but they donít put up much of a fight. This thing on the other hand... This thing pushed us to our limits." she laughs as she brushes the dirt off her clothes. "You guys are some amazing warriors. Itís been a pleasure fighting by your side. Iím Fergurth, from the Border Forests of Nordland.Ē

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 23:22, Wed 19 Dec 2018.

Brandaelfr Erling
 Eldhud Holy Warrior, 43 posts
 Basic Speed 6
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 23:57
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Brandaelfr tiredly says to Fergurth, "Well met, Fergurth. We survived, barely. I think that is technically a win, but I much prefer to win without so much blood loss. If you had not blinded the thing we would likely all be dead. Are you a thrill-seeker? You seem remarkably happy for nearly dying a few minutes ago."
Fergurth Skogurdottir
 Elf Scout, 36 posts
 Basic Speed 7
Thu 20 Dec 2018
at 03:50
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Fergurth glances over at Mog then back to Brandaelfr, "True, there was quite a bit of blood shed. Heís still alive though so Hela will just have to wait." She smiles and sits down next to the holy warrior and pulls an elven ration out of her backpack. Taking way too big a bite she continues talking, "I do enjoy a good thrill though, thereís nothing like that rush of energy when you corner your prey and it becomes do or die. Donít you love it!?"

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 04:09, Thu 20 Dec 2018.

Dagrak Torsten
 Dwarf Cleric, 37 posts
 EH? WHAT?
 Basic speed 6.25
Thu 20 Dec 2018
at 04:35
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
"Don't be exaggerating, only tha big one was close ta dying. The rest were quite safe. Ah'm very good at keeping mah friends alive." The dwarf was sprawled on the ground, face up with his bushy whiskers pointing at the ceiling. He seemed a little tired. "Ah just need ta rest ah bit. Then Ah can pray for us and we ken walk back up tha well. This was an adventure, but Ah'd rather be above ground, or at least some place with a pint or three. When you are ready we can head up."

Made all of the walk on air rolls, and critted Mog's.
The Allfather
 GM, 49 posts
Thu 20 Dec 2018
at 17:03
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
The adventurers float their way up out of the well with ease, carrying their treasures with them. The innkeeper, barmaids, and guests are in the courtyard away having unblocked the rooms upstairs. When the adventurers come up out of the well they all cheer, "You did it! All of the dead fell at once when that horn sounded again!"

The innkeeper is ladeling out bowls of stew for everyone and pouring mead and ale, "You lot have saved us all! From now on you stay at the Black Ox for free!"

Everyone pitches in and the whole in is open again with minimal amounts of broken furniture set aside for repair or tossed onto the wood pile to be burned. The other guests are overjoyed to have been saved and one wealthier man approaches Brandaelfr and says, "I'm heading north to Krayhold to catch a boat upriver to Isfjall, if your group is traveling that way and are willing to safeguard the trip I'll see to your accommodations there."

Krayhold is a small fishing village positioned where the Wodenain (Odin River) spills into the sea. It is small during the spring and summer but during the winter it's population triples when it becomes a base for several raiding parties.
Brandaelfr Erling
 Eldhud Holy Warrior, 45 posts
 Basic Speed 6
Thu 20 Dec 2018
at 18:47
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Brandaelfr sighs with relief and gives the inn staff a weary grin. He says, "That is great news. We nearly died down there, although some of us had it worse than others."

He grabs a cup of mead and sits down to enjoy surviving the encounter. At the mention that they will stay for free, he raises his cup and gives a hearty, "Hear! Hear!"

Brandaelfr happily talks to the merchant between sips. He replies, "That is a most generous offer of you. I know I am headed that way and so I accept your kindness. I will talk to the rest of my group and see if they all wish to take part in the journey."

After everyone has had a chance to relax for a bit, Brandaelfr approaches the group and says, "This kindly merchant has offered to pay for a stay in Krayhold if we keep him safe on the trip. My destination is Isfjall, and I know Drakul has said that is his destination as well. Krayhold is a good stop on the way, and I know I can sell our loot for a tidy amount there. Would you all care to accompany me to Krayhold, and potentially on to Isfjall after?"
Dagrak Torsten
 Dwarf Cleric, 39 posts
 EH? WHAT?
 Basic speed 6.25
Fri 21 Dec 2018
at 04:59
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
"Free stay?" The dwarf's eyes light up. "Ah'm going to need 2 pints. Barkeep!" He chugs the first, draining it in one pull. "Saving you lot was thirsty work."

Offering the dwarf free ale was probably not the wisest choice. He had lost count of the number that he had downed by the time Brandaelfr returned. "Thaet ish ah good deal. Ah was lookin' fer mah next desta-nation. Ah'll go with ya. Someone needs ta keeps ya alive. HAR-HAR-HAR!"
Drakul
 Half-Ogre Thief, 49 posts
 Basic Speed 7
Fri 21 Dec 2018
at 12:45
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Drakul relaxed and enjoyed the celebration in relative silence.

"That does sound interesting," he responded to the half-demon. "You are all quite capable. Traveling together sounds excellent."
Fergurth Skogurdottir
 Elf Scout, 38 posts
 Basic Speed 7
Sat 22 Dec 2018
at 00:35
Re: You All Meet At An Inn...
Fergurth took a seat in the back away from the celebration. Itís not that she wasnít in a celebratory mood she just enjoyed her space. Perched on a stool, she sat there with a wide smile, slowly sipping her ale yet never putting it down.  Her keen eyes keeping watch on Drakul, She didnít need another chili powder beer. At the discussion of carrying on their adventure, her ears perked up and she lept to her feet. She shouts from the back of the room,ďIím in, wherever we go Iím in. I grew up in these woods, please, let me guide us.Ē