IC: Athena   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 215 posts
 Caladin
 Live Free, Die Well
Thu 14 May 2020
at 17:28
Re: IC: Athena
Q'voth'zal:
Even though it was addressing the Vree merchant, Q'voth'zal had been trained to always be aware of the goings on around it...

OOC: 21:58, Today: Q'voth'zal rolled 25 using 1d20+6.  Q'voth'zal NOTICE check.  As requested by the GM


You are not sure, you did not actually see anything but the way the human was trying to push her way through was odd. You swore she had her hand in everyone's pocket. Maybe even yours.
Q'voth'zal
 Pak'ma'ra, 51 posts
 Ranger/ Drakh hunter
Sat 16 May 2020
at 09:20
Re: IC: Athena
The pak'ma'ra decides it might be wise to check its own pockets, given that the human was apparently a known thief.  Carefully it checked to make certain that it still had everything it had brought for the journey...

OOC: Q'voth'zal searches its possessions thoroughly.

After this it gave the Vree a final glare and used its translation globe to admonish the merchant:

"While I understand and respect your desire to apprehend those who have taken your possessions, there are more productive ways of doing so than threatening others with violence.  Consider this a warning; there may well be someone smarter, faster, or better armed than you next time.  It is always wisest to involve the proper authorities.  They are trained to deal with such circumstances; you, most likely, are not."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:22, Sat 16 May 2020.

Aalamar
 Drazi, 89 posts
 Commcial Telepath
 P5
Sun 17 May 2020
at 18:19
Re: IC: Athena
Aalamar scans the human the Pak'ma'ra is interested in.

14:18, Today: Aalamar rolled 5 using 1d20+4.  Surface Scan, Species Penalty Added.
 <>Okay that sucked.<>

Dr. Karlson
Tue 19 May 2020
at 15:30
Re: IC: Athena
In reply to Aalamar (msg # 22):

The Doctor signs Aalamar with a hand guester, "Com'en on we are about to board leave that to security before we loss our spot"

Perhaps Aalamar had forgotten but the Dr. does have a brief case with important docs and material as well and the Lab Case with the samples that need to be guarded. The look on the Doctor's face is of concern as he has been on edge since he left the Lab.

Look I really would like you you stay close and "Those kind of distractions I don't care about until this is back in a lab" .... "ok we are next, ready?"
Narrator
 GM, 220 posts
 Caladin
 Live Free, Die Well
Tue 19 May 2020
at 15:57
Re: IC: Athena
In reply to Q'voth'zal (msg # 21):

All your possessions are fine, you don't notice anything missing. The boarding line is moving and if you don't want to be last to board you should line up. Your contact is also gather his things and getting on line at this very moment.
Aalamar
 Drazi, 91 posts
 Commcial Telepath
 P5
Tue 19 May 2020
at 16:18
Re: IC: Athena
"Very good I'm more worried Sir about meddling on the transport the security here is too good.," Aalamar said staying on the briefcase side.

"I'm more than capable of my job Sir and I'll hopefully sense any undo interest in your baggage.," she added looking up to the human.
Q'voth'zal
 Pak'ma'ra, 55 posts
 Ranger/ Drakh hunter
Wed 20 May 2020
at 12:52
Re: IC: Athena
Content it had done all it could , Q'voth'zal proceeds to board, watching his contact and Aalamar as well.
Andilo Malachi
 Centauri, 55 posts
 Centauri Noble
 Diplomat
Wed 20 May 2020
at 17:19
Re: IC: Athena
Julie:
The young woman behind the potted plant looks away from the altercation with the lurker at last once the security guards have her in hand and have returned the statue to its proper owner.  Only then does she return to her careful observation of the rest of the people in the docking area.


Julie notices Andilo walk off the line and to the Vree and security team. "Excuse me good Sirs but that statue could not belong to ... 'this Vree'... since it's a national treasure of the Centauri government, .... and he would have to have our governments' written approval to own it as a non Centauri citizen. So I declare that the thief stole from a thief and both should be arrested." He rubs his chin in thought, "I must get on this ship,... so you must contact Ambassador Vir Cotto he would want to know about this and on behave of the Centauri Government I insist."

The human thief in an aggressive manner lunges at Andilo and a quick spat starts as the security guard regain control over the female human thief and this time bound her. "OK, fine we will contact your officials and look into this claim" as the security guards start to take both of them away.
Julie
 Human, 34 posts
 Telepath
Wed 20 May 2020
at 17:57
Re: IC: Athena
Approaching Andilo only after the security guards confine the oddly aggressive woman the young woman who had been out of the flow of traffic stops a few feet from him to inspect the statue.

”I thought you might like a little present to start the journey with, but we really should refrain from pissing off everyone if this is going to be an even remotely successful trip.”
Narrator
 GM, 226 posts
 Caladin
 Live Free, Die Well
Wed 20 May 2020
at 18:29
Re: IC: Athena
Julie:
”I thought you might like a little present to start the journey with, but we really should refrain from pissing off everyone if this is going to be an even remotely successful trip.”


The look of concern on Andilo's face makes little to no sense to Julie, "Yes, of course your right" he says as he checks his ticket to remind himself of what to do next, "Please, I will follow you and board right away," he looks at his feet as he walks ... "we do have more pressing matters," in a confused state, "Ok, well good by," as he gives an almost child like hand wave to the security team and together they board with little trouble.
Narrator
 GM, 227 posts
 Caladin
 Live Free, Die Well
Wed 20 May 2020
at 18:35
Re: IC: Athena
OOC: If my notes are correct everyone has boarded. If not let me know, and please post freely your actions up to lift-off. This will include all actions for about 1 hr, .. as that is how long it takes to confirm passengers, make standard announcements and delivery luggage to your rooms. Enjoy and post away, keep in mind all your rooms happen to be next to each other or across the hall from one another.
Aalamar
 Drazi, 94 posts
 Commcial Telepath
 P5
Wed 20 May 2020
at 19:26
Re: IC: Athena
Once in the cabin she sits the man down. "Okay I protect you, you protect your research and samples, I protect you. I scan for threats before we move in the ship, while we move and sit down you sit on case if you must. Okay? Now we get settled in and comfy.," Aalamar said with a gentle last sentence.
Julie
 Human, 35 posts
 Telepath
Thu 21 May 2020
at 00:57
Re: IC: Athena
Julie closes the distance to Andilo to take one of the two tickets from his hand, leaving the other there, perhaps even putting it back into his hand after it shifts a bit.

”Yes, lets get aboard the ship and into the cabin before they decide to do anything to interesting.”

Leading Andilo back to the thinning line Julie passes through the customs and ticket inspection at the gate easily as she has nothing to hide and hasn't been on the station long enough for them to know much more than her name.

Weaving through the tight corridors of the ship she makes a point of staying out of the way of as much traffic as possible, always politely stepping aside whenever anyone else needs to pass but watching them none the less.
Andilo Malachi
 Centauri, 56 posts
 Centauri Noble
 Diplomat
Thu 21 May 2020
at 16:27
Re: IC: Athena
Julie:
Julie closes the distance to Andilo to take one of the two tickets from his hand, leaving the other there, perhaps even putting it back into his hand after it shifts a bit.

”Yes, lets get aboard the ship and into the cabin before they decide to do anything to interesting.”


"Yes, Thank You, lets get to our rooms, we have a few days before we arrive at Centauri prime. We should make ourselves comfortable for the trip."
Narrator
 GM, 231 posts
 Caladin
 Live Free, Die Well
Thu 21 May 2020
at 16:44
Re: IC: Athena
Aalamar:
Once in the cabin she sits the man down. "Okay I protect you, you protect your research and samples, I protect you. I scan for threats before we move in the ship, while we move and sit down you sit on case if you must. Okay? Now we get settled in and comfy.," Aalamar said with a gentle last sentence.


The cabin is smaller then the rooms on B5, so you can image, this is little of anything. One night stand with lighting a dresser that doubles as a desk/data console. That's were you will finds the ships Com System and similar things. The room is about 12x10. The wall over the desk has a monitor for all viewing. There are no windows, portals, or pictures. The room is painted in simple shades of light grays.

Dr. Karlson, he looks at Aalamar, "I'm glade your taking on this job so seriously and it needs to be but, I need to work and I do not my own life. So you will need to protect me and do your job around me as I do my job."

"I though you understood this, Your here to make sure My Work and My Person make it to Centauri Prime, and how is kind of up to me" he reaches for a few items in the room. "This is your cabin and my cabin is across the hall." "I will meet you in the hallway to go to dinner when they open, until then,... get some rest."
Aalamar
 Drazi, 98 posts
 Commcial Telepath
 P5
Thu 21 May 2020
at 17:11
Re: IC: Athena
"No problem i'll check your cabin for unusual electronics and if you you leave your cabin its with me keep up normal precautions. My rooms a bit bigger than mine on the station I feel like rich Drazi merchant. (gives a pleasant Drazi smile) Leave the case with me when you shower if its an option but I'm not a scientist so you know best. And I take this seriously I'm a Telepath a cure fore this plague is good for me and others so I respect your working on protecting us.," Aalamar said and checked the doctors room for electronics opening her Telepathy and reports any to ship's security for removal. Then leaves the Doctor to do his work.
Julie
 Human, 36 posts
 Telepath
Thu 21 May 2020
at 18:54
Re: IC: Athena
Careful not to touch anyone, or Andilo himself a second time, Julie leads the somewhat less distracted man into the ship, through the limited supply of security checks required for someone of his status, and to their cabin or set of cabins as assigned by the tickets.
Narrator
 GM, 232 posts
 Caladin
 Live Free, Die Well
Thu 21 May 2020
at 19:27
Re: IC: Athena
Julie:
Careful not to touch anyone, or Andilo himself a second time, Julie leads the somewhat less distracted man into the ship, through the limited supply of security checks required for someone of his status, and to their cabin or set of cabins as assigned by the tickets.


In the areas that allow for outer room, giving access to portal windows. These portal give the viewer a chance to see the stars and outer space in a pour state. The larger rooms are along these area and they are also the first class accommodations. Also first call rooms all for room to be connected so Nobles can travel with their entourage close by. And so Andilo's room is larger and the connecting room is also bigger then an economy class. The spaces has on Andilo's side a bedroom area 12x10 a seating area 10x10 and bathroom and a bar with 2 stools. The connecting room (Julie's room) has a bedroom 10x10 a lounge area 10x10 in the lounge area is a desk/data console system. These rooms share a bathroom and a ship data console. This is first class and almost the best travel arrangements possible.
Q'voth'zal
 Pak'ma'ra, 60 posts
 Ranger/ Drakh hunter
Sat 23 May 2020
at 12:17
Re: IC: Athena
The pak'ma'ra quickly boarded and made its way to its assigned room.  Since it could not afford First Class its accommodations proved more than a little underwhelming.  The berth was small, especially for a creature of Q'voth'zal's bulk, though the essentials were there, barely.  Unable to purchase an atmospheric alteration for its room, which would have been much more comfortable, the place would serve well enough.  The Ranger didn't intend to spend a great deal of time in it anyway, and the meditation cells back on Minbar had been even more spartan than this.

The first order of business was to find the human it had met, Jozef.  There was business they needed to discuss.  The pak'ma'ra was interested in the human's perspective on a number of things.  It was important to assess what kind of person Q'voth'zal was dealing with and whether or not he would prove to be helpful or hindering...

This message was last edited by the player at 12:18, Sat 23 May 2020.

Narrator
 GM, 238 posts
 Caladin
 Live Free, Die Well
Thu 4 Jun 2020
at 15:41
Re: IC: Athena
A male Centauri voice crackles to life over the ship’s announcement system.

‘Welcome to the Centauri Royal Liners servicing Babylon 5 and seventeen sectors across Alpha-Omega including to Earth. I am Captain Marcari, commander of the Athena, and I am pleased to receive you on board for this trip.

Our journey is expected to last six days. We shall be docking at Centauri Prime - Sapphir orbital station'

‘The dinning hall will be open for refreshments shortly after we launch. First class passengers may use their cabin terminals to place an order.’

‘Passengers are reminded that all ticket contracts include a personal safety waiver, and that Centauri Royal Liners has been indemnified against any damages claims due to failure to follow safety instructions. Please note our flight servants are on broad strictly as help and only our direct staff can answer and give instruction, who will now take you through the safety procedures.’

'Please step out of your cabins and into the hallways, please stay by your doors and look and listen to your closest staff for instructions.'


Several attractive Centauri women appears in the hallways on the vidscreen in the cabin, and begins to read the standard safety instructions for the space liner.

‘Please note that hyperspace sickness bags can be found to the inside right of every cabin door in all cabins, as well as in the first aid locker in First Class staterooms. In the event of a loss of cabin pressure, oxygen masks will drop from the ceiling by the front door where our guests will wait for additional instructions.'

'Lavatories are located at the front and rear of the main deck, and within First Class staterooms.’ ‘Escape pods are located at the front, rear and middle of the main deck, and at either end of the First Class corridors’

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:46, Thu 04 June 2020.

Q'voth'zal
 Pak'ma'ra, 64 posts
 Ranger/ Drakh hunter
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 22:06
Re: IC: Athena
Stopping to listen to the Centauri announcer, Q'voth'zal noted his name, 'Captain Marcari' and committed it to memory.  One never knew what piece of information would be valuable.  Anla'shok training emphasized this: be aware of everything in your environment; no detail is meaningless and all may have lessons to teach in their own fashion.  It also noted that the captain seemed to be overly proud of his vocabulary, but that wasn't at all unusual in a Centauri.

The young Ranger stepped outside as instructed and watched the safety demonstration performed by bald Centauri females that were probably considered comely to more humanoid beings.  Again it was the information that was important to Q'voth'zal, not the manner in which it was delivered.  In the event of an emergency it was critical that it knew exactly what to do.  Lives might depend on it; that was all part of being Anla'shok.

Of course, if it performed its mission properly there shouldn't be any emergencies or disruptions at all, but it was better to plan for the worst and hope for the best in any situation.  Lastly, it made sure to mark precisely where the escape pods were located.  It was critical to know where the exits were, no matter what the situation.  One never knew when one might need a quick escape, or a way to keep someone else from making one of course.

It continued to make its way, casually, to Jozef's room, then knocked on the door once it arrived.  It looked up towards the doorcam to make certain that Jozef would know exactly who was at his door.  They had a great deal to discuss and a limited amount of time in which to do so.
Aalamar
 Drazi, 99 posts
 Commcial Telepath
 P5
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 05:13
Re: IC: Athena
Aalamar stepped out of her cabin, nodded to the client and paid attention before locking her door so she can go to dinner with him.
Julie
 Human, 38 posts
 Telepath
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 05:18
Re: IC: Athena
Content to watch the presentation of the passenger safety and flight plan from the display in the cabin Julie returns to the main lunge area of Andilo's suite of rooms to watch it while reading a room service menu.
Narrator
 GM, 242 posts
 Caladin
 Live Free, Die Well
Mon 13 Jul 2020
at 18:47
Re: IC: Athena
As everyone is standing in the common hallway, once can see each other. Once the public announcement is completed the hallway slowly starts to empty out.

Starting in the middle is Dr Karlson's room E19. To the right of that room two doors down is Jozef in room E17. Across the hall and just off to the right of Dr Karlson's room is E22 Q'voth'zal room. These room are all interior room with no port hole to view space.

The larger rooms are 'S' and to the left, just down this corridor a few doors away begins the staterooms. These room have port holes to view space and are much larger with even some living space as a lounge in the room.

The ship is not design with separate space for aliens so those that require special needs will have to keep their enviro-suit on when not in there rooms.

OOC: Each play can interact independently, I will separate groups based on who and where you go. all of you that are in the hallway can see and are in voice distance of each other.

This message was last updated by the GM at 18:47, Mon 13 July 2020.

Aalamar
 Drazi, 100 posts
 Commcial Telepath
 P5
Mon 27 Jul 2020
at 18:12
Re: IC: Athena
"We will dine together so when you are ready fetch me.," Aalamar looks around until her charge is locked in his cabin. Aalamar then relaxes but not much.