(IC) Misery's Peak.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 622 posts
Sun 23 May 2021
at 00:15
(IC) Misery's Peak
The group heads for the doorways that Val came out of. As they get to it, the first door is a storage area with a dead body and a broken sword. Its a skeleton, not moving and covered slightly with ice. The other door is closed and the warforged doesn't hear anything. Fenris decides to open it, and it goes down a hallway covered in ice and snow. Above about thirty feet up there is a opening with snow coming down from it. Though slippery they make it to the door that is slightly opened. It looks the same as where the group fought the mephits with a lever in the same location. Standing on either side:

https://angrygolem-games.com/w...2020/04/gargoyle.jpg

Neither of them move. They look like statues covered in snow and some ice.
Ballast
 Fighter, 234 posts
 HP 65/65, AC: 22
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +3
Sun 23 May 2021
at 11:26
(IC) Misery's Peak
"I don't like the look of this," Ballast says.  He looks around to find a rock, or saving that, a piece of the broken sword, and chucks it at the left-hand gargoyle to see if there is a reaction.  "It is better to feel foolish than to be dead."
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 346 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Sun 23 May 2021
at 12:36
(IC) Misery's Peak
The dwarf allowed a half smile. "Given what we've been though, it'd be foolish not to be cautious. nay...your fears are justified, and mirrored by meself."

He grasped his staff tightly, ready should they move
Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 312 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:20
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Wed 26 May 2021
at 06:29
(IC) Misery's Peak
“Mayhaps we leave this lever and these stony creatures alone. But we might want to take a look around just to see if there is anything else to be found here.” she cheerfully offered.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 623 posts
Sat 29 May 2021
at 11:23
(IC) Misery's Peak
The warforged finds a piece of stone and throws it at one of the statues. It hits and falls to the floor, the statue remains unmoving. Fenris steps forwards but stops, listening to the others. He watches these odd statues but doesn't move forwards.
Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 313 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:20
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Wed 2 Jun 2021
at 16:26
(IC) Misery's Peak
Stepping beside Fenris she rested a hand on his shoulder and gave him a brief kiss on his cheek. Looking to the others she said, “Lets go forward. Remember we are here for a purpose and we are not achieving that goal by standing here, Pelor bless our souls.” After taking a moment to ensure that she had her necessary tools at hand, she started past the gargoyles and the lever.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 347 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Thu 3 Jun 2021
at 00:02
(IC) Misery's Peak
The dwarf, grasping his staff, took a breath that was almost a sigh of relief. He looked at the cleric and nodded. "Strandin' around gets us nowhere other than cold feet. Like ye said Cumarinda.....lets move on."

The dwarf shouldered his pack, and followed the cleric
Ballast
 Fighter, 237 posts
 HP 65/65, AC: 22
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +3
Fri 4 Jun 2021
at 02:14
(IC) Misery's Peak
"Well, we have levers here, levers there, and the strange door with the bodies and the beam of light.  It seems we must pull something or deal with the odd door.  I will face the gargoyles, and Fenris, will you as well?  And then Brankx or Cumarinda could pull the lever.  At least this place is less exposed than the others," Ballast offers.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 626 posts
Sun 6 Jun 2021
at 00:53
(IC) Misery's Peak
Aggrivated, the barbarian grips his sword and slowly moves towards the statues. He taps it a few times. No response. And against he hits the other statue. Nothing. Fenris goes to flip the lever down slowly and both statues move slightly. He pulls back and they don't move back to where they were but stop moving.
Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 314 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:20
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Tue 8 Jun 2021
at 07:45
(IC) Misery's Peak
"Ballast, Fenris!" she called to their warriors, "Let us leave that lever in peace unless we have to pull it. We shall go through the door where the light shines. Let's move!" she ordered and started to move that way.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 348 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Wed 9 Jun 2021
at 22:20
(IC) Misery's Peak
With Fenris plunge the lever, the dwarf tensed as tve statues moved. When he returned it and they stopped, he breathed a sigh of relief. He looked at Cumarinda and nodded. "Ye show great wisdom Cumarinda. Let us search the other areas first. But, I believe we must eventually pull that lever."

He looked at the statues. "At least we can prepare or try destroying them before hand...but fer now let's wait."
Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 315 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:20
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Thu 10 Jun 2021
at 06:37
(IC) Misery's Peak
After briefly nodding to Brankx's words, Cumarinda directed Fenris and Ballast to the one unopened door away from both the gargoyles and the dead mephits. "There doesn't seem to be anything special about this door Ballast, please see if you can open it." she asked the tall warforged. "Fenris, please be ready to try to force the door if Ballast can't persuade it to open otherwise."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 632 posts
Thu 10 Jun 2021
at 14:07
(IC) Misery's Peak
The barbarian gives the cleric a odd look. Persuade the door? And how did she know if it wasn't trapped? Fenris gets to the door, glancing at the others. It seems to be covered in some ice but its definatly a door. After chipping away the ice, Fenris grips the door and goes to open it. It slowly opens into another hallway similar to the last hall but its darker, with little light coming from above. Fenris moves further down the hallway that opens up into a room. A lever is straight across. It looks empty, the area covered in snow. The roof above looks solid as well and the walls and roof are covered in snow and ice.

OOC
Make a Spot check

Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 349 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Thu 10 Jun 2021
at 23:35
(IC) Misery's Peak
Brankx follows about 4 steps behind the barbarian, his staff in hand as he moves, looking around the icy room. "Gives me an ill feelin' this." he mutters as he walks slowly, looking around

<OOC: Brankx Onyxshield rolled 8 using 1d20+4.  spot check.>
Ballast
 Fighter, 238 posts
 HP 65/65, AC: 22
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +3
Sat 12 Jun 2021
at 08:32
(IC) Misery's Peak
"Odd that the weather gets into closed rooms," Ballast says, mostly to himself, as he casts around for any more surprises.

OOC: 03:32, Today: Ballast rolled 14 using 1d20+6.  Spot check.
Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 316 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:20
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Mon 14 Jun 2021
at 09:01
(IC) Misery's Peak
"We may be nearing the lair of the white dragon, that might be why everything is so cold." the cleric explained as she looked carefully around.

OOC:Cumarinda Imbrex rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  Spot check.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 633 posts
Mon 14 Jun 2021
at 14:43
(IC) Misery's Peak
Glancing around the area, Fenris raises his sword up. He step into the room and waits. The man looks at the cleric, watching her. Nothing moves, nothing seems out of place besides the adventurers. Another step. Nothing. Then another. Nothing. No one spots anything. When the barbarian gets about 10' away, he shivers just as a white gooey what looks like a fist slams up into Fenris! It raises up, as Fenris is pulled from the ground, held within its grip! He gasps for air, sword held tightly but unable to help him.



But white and snow-covered!

OOC
Feel free to make Knowledge checks (probably Arcana or Dungeeonering)

Initiative!

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:12, Thu 17 June.

Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 317 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:20
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Wed 16 Jun 2021
at 05:10
(IC) Misery's Peak
Cumarinda stares in speechless shock as Fenris is hauled up into the air by the huge strange white fist.

OOC
Cumarinda Imbrex rolled 13 using 1d20+6.  Knowledge (arcana).

Cumarinda Imbrex rolled 15 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.

Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 350 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Wed 16 Jun 2021
at 07:46
(IC) Misery's Peak
Brankx watches on as the beast attacked the barbarian, his staff in hand.

<OOC: Brankx Onyxshield rolled 2 using 1d20+1.  Iniative.
 Brankx Onyxshield rolled 26 using 1d20+6.  Arcane knowledge roll

Natural 20 on arcane knowledge roll, natural 1 on iniative. Opposite ends of the spectrum there>


Brankx snorts as he steps forward to cumarinda’s shoulder, speaking quickly. “A snowflake ooze….very Rare. Don’t bother hitting it with cold as it won’t effect it, but if ye have fire, it will hurt it more. It’s strong, but slow, and even ter be within the area o’ it, it will grapple ye, and when that does, both physical and cold damage will happen.not very quick or hardy with spells, but even being near it ye will feel th’ cold”

He looked around. “If I had th’ room I’d use a fireball on th’ beast, but this range it will surely harm us.”

The dwarf reached into a pouch, retrieving some materials and began casting, sending a bolt of acid towards the beast.

<OOC: Casts acid arrow

Brankx Onyxshield rolled 16 using 1d20+3.  Ranged touch attack.
Brankx Onyxshield rolled 5 using 2d4.  Acid arrow. (5 damage for 2 rounds)>

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:06, Wed 16 June.

Ballast
 Fighter, 239 posts
 HP 65/65, AC: 22
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +3
Thu 17 Jun 2021
at 09:34
(IC) Misery's Peak
Forwarned by Brankx's information, Ballast takes up his throwing hammer and hurls it at the strange ooze, hoping it would drop Fenris to deal with a more painful threat!

OOC: 04:33, Today: Ballast rolled 19 using 1d20+5.  Initiative.
04:33, Today: Ballast rolled 24 using 1d20+7.  Attack with throwing hammer.
04:34, Today: Ballast rolled 11 using 1d6+9.  Throwing hammer damage.

Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 318 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:20
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Fri 18 Jun 2021
at 23:19
(IC) Misery's Peak
Cumarinda stares at the liquid threat, unsure how to fight against it.
Her face displaying horror, fear, and confusion as she tries to wrap
her mind around the existence of the monster. The cleric blinks twice
and cries out, "FENRIS! Don't you dare die on me!" and furiously charges
the ooze, swinging her sword wildly.

OOC
Cumarinda is visibly at a loss what to do against this ooze, this should be clear to everyone.

Aid Another (Fenris)
"You can help a friend attack or defend by distracting or interfering with an opponent.
You make an attack roll against AC 10. If you succeed, your friend gains a +2 to AC against that opponent’s next attack."

Cumarinda Imbrex rolled 14 using 1d20+4.  Aid Another.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 637 posts
Sat 19 Jun 2021
at 00:37
(IC) Misery's Peak
The barbarian's eyes glow brightly as he tries to escape the hold. With a huge amount of strength, Fenris breaks free from its grip. He grips his sword and takes a step back, growling.

Ballest throws his hammer and slams into the creature. Instead of harming it, it splits into two creatures!

The cleric moves towards it, screaming. The distraction gives Fenris time to regroup.
-Fenris gets +2 AC for 1 round

The one that held him attacks again! Its umable to get a grip on Fenris but it gets a nasty blow to his chest!
-Fenris take 18 damage, 3 cold damage 21 total

The newer ooze attacks the cleric but misses!

Brankx conjurers up a acid arrow and it sinks into the creature that attacked Fenris! It sizzles as it burns into it.

With a roar, the barbarian attacks! With two nasty strikes, the ooze begins to break apart and becoming one with the snow and ice.
-One is dead.

Group is up (already did Fenris)
Fenris: 20
*Rage

Ballest: 19

Cumandria: 15
--------------------------------------------------------
Creature: 05
-Snowflake Ooze 1 ??/05 (Fenris/Cumandria)
-Snowflake Ooze 2 ??/?? (Cumandria)
--------------------------------------------------------
Brankx: 02

Ballast
 Fighter, 241 posts
 HP 65/65, AC: 22
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +3
Tue 22 Jun 2021
at 08:18
(IC) Misery's Peak
Ballast, rather astonished at seeing the snow-ooze-thing break into two after hitting it with a hammer, switched back to his magical shortsword as he moved up to defend Cumarinda!

OOC: 03:18, Today: Ballast rolled 21 using 1d20+13.  Attack with shortsword.
03:18, Today: Ballast rolled 13 using 1d6+8.  Short sword damage.

Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 352 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Tue 22 Jun 2021
at 22:13
(IC) Misery's Peak
Brankx watches as the first ooze is faked down, leaving the other still standing. Holding his palm out, he begins chanting in his native togune. A purple/ blue energy began to form, as he concentrated on the ooze. Then the energy flew, separating into three seperate arcane bolts of energy.

<OOC: casts magic missile

Brankx Onyxshield rolled 4 using 1d4+1. Magic Missile
Brankx Onyxshield rolled 4 using 1d4+1. Magic missile
Brankx Onyxshield rolled 5 using 1d4+1.  Magic missile.

Total damage:  13>


Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 319 posts
 HP 62/59, AC:20
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 07:28
(IC) Misery's Peak
Cumarinda shouts in anger, "You cold thing! You will not escape without feeling my wrath!" She then takes a well aimed cut at the ooze with her sword.

OOC

Cumarinda Imbrex rolled 17 using 1d20+4.  Attack with sword.
Cumarinda Imbrex rolled 6 using 1d8+1.  Sword Damage.