(IC) The Village of Korthos.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Fenris
 NPC, 59 posts
 H80/80, AC: 17/19 Rage
 F: +8, R: +5 (+7), W: +2
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 10:24
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
PM

This message was last edited by the player at 16:21, Thu 15 Oct.

Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 250 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 17:12
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
PM
Fenris
 NPC, 60 posts
 H80/80, AC: 17/19 Rage
 F: +8, R: +5 (+7), W: +2
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 17:52
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
PM

This message was last edited by the player at 23:19, Thu 15 Oct.

Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 251 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 01:41
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
PM
Fenris
 NPC, 61 posts
 H80/80, AC: 17/19 Rage
 F: +8, R: +5 (+7), W: +2
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 01:59
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
PM
Dungeon Master
 GM, 509 posts
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 23:40
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
Two days pass. Not a word comes from the cleric or the barbarian. Two days, room and board. Some people enter, some leave. The mayor seems busy but stops, looking for the cleric. He then goes about his business, keeping everyone in line. Lars doesn't come out of the home nor does his relative but everyone seems to be in decent spirits. It seems the two abandoned the wizard and fighter.

And then she comes into the village but she looks different. Her clothes look more like the nature-greens and browns, her skirt is up further then normal and her boots look slightly different. She spots Brankx and Ballest and goes to them, but the barbarian enters the village as well. His cloak is drawn up to hide his face, and his weapons are upon his back. The barbarian doesn't say a word just sticks close to her and goes to hold her hands as they walk. Upon seeing the dwarf and warforged, his hand slips from her own and they go within his cloak.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 293 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Sat 17 Oct 2020
at 00:45
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
The dwarf spent the next two days in contemplation....of what had happened since coming to the island, and in particular fenris.

He also tried to talk to Lars, but the mage refused his audience....not surprising. The old wizard wanted to spend time with his family.

So when the cleric and barbarian, his face was warm but serious.

He said nothing, but just nodded at the two
Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 253 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 03:36
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
Cumarinda waves to Ballast and Brankx with a pleasant but serious expression. Quietly, with few words she directs and/or cajoles the entire group to a corner table in the inn. Once there, still standing, she holds up her hand and quietly calls for everyone to pay attention to her.

“By Pelor's golden beard, there has been too much hurt among us. We need to work together and support each other as we face the dragon, Mind Flayer, and the Cult of the Dragon. So to keep peace between us we are going to set a few rules:

1. We use proper names when speaking to or about each other. This shows respect for each other. The only exception is me, you can call me by my title.
2. Everyone here is worthy, we do not insult each other even in jest.
3. We fight together, side by side, not against each other. Anyone who has a problem with this can answer to me and Pelor.
4. Fenris is a barbarian warrior, his ways are simple and like nature, sometimes deadly. Comparisons and common sayings do not work for him, they will be taken for insults despite your intent. Chose your words carefully when you speak to him. Or better yet, speak to me first if you can.
5. From this day forward, all problems between us come though me."


At this point she pauses to look at each other person in the group to see if they understand and agree. “ Any questions?”
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 294 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 04:01
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
The dwarf listens to the cleric, his expression  emotionless. Once finished, he says nothing for a moment then looks at her.

"Before I answer ye, I want to make someone clear, to you and all at this table. when I refer to ye as somethin' other than ye name, it is not an insult. My culture....my race holds little sway in titles, so when I called ye lass, it wasn't fer insult  but one of affection."

He crossed his arms and sighed, but continues. "If fenris agrees to ye terms then I agree to the first three. From this day fourth I will use ye names and nothing more. I have always had respect fer ALL of us and thought all worthy....when I have lashed out it has been in anger, and fer that I apologise. I have no wish to fight any of our team...never have, so the first three I agree to."

He looks at Fenris, then back to Cumarinda. "As fer your fourth request, then that I can not promise. To hold my words because someone was not taught as I was i can not abide. I can promise that I will be mindful of my words, but I am who I am, and I do promise that my words will not be in malice fer anyone."

He looks at her. "Th' last, I not only agree with, I insist on. if we are ter fight these beasts, we need union, and separation will cost lives, something I don't want."
Fenris
 NPC, 62 posts
 H80/80, AC: 17/19 Rage
 F: +8, R: +5 (+7), W: +2
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 04:29
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
The barbarian for the most part got what she was focused on but the whole 'Pelor's golden beard' threw him off. The entire 'come through me and Pelor' threw him off as well. Its hard to tell what he understood, but he is quiet. Fenris just stands there, hard to tell if he's looking at anyone in particular because of the cloak. He's just a silent sentinel. The man moves around the area but sticks close to the cleric. Not a word spoken, but he doesn't sit down and leans against the wall. Watching. Waiting. When he heard Brankx speak, still nothing. If he felt any emotion-he's hiding it. Whatever happened with the cleric, seems to affect him. Or he's playing it out. Its hard to tell. No movement for a weapon. Nothing. Perhaps he's letting the cleric deal with him. Perhaps he only cares about the cleric and ignores everyone else. Maybe not. Its really hard to tell what he thought of the 'rules'. He's a stonejaw.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:20, Sun 18 Oct.

Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 255 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Mon 19 Oct 2020
at 17:14
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
Cumarinda looked over to Fenris confirming, "We are already clear on what the rules are between us, your silence is fine." She nodded to the dwarven mage, "Thank you for your apology and cooperation, Brankx." Then she turned to Ballast, "I'd like to hear from you before we face Lars again, I hope we can agree."

She pauses, blushing but happy, her smile brighter than usual. "Fenris and I are...together. What can I say, he makes me happier."
Fenris
 NPC, 63 posts
 H80/80, AC: 17/19 Rage
 F: +8, R: +5 (+7), W: +2
Mon 19 Oct 2020
at 17:30
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
Taking a deep breath as to try to calm some hidden demons, Fenris stares at the dwarf. His eyes narrow and he looks at the cleric. Holding back and not exploding are some things he was not taught-and having to deal with someone he did not like did not add much to it. He leans against the wall, not saying a word. Like a statue. Another bit of spite added in the cleric didn't even realize came from Brankx. He noticed it but did not say a word. And he expect the dwarf to be rude now hearing about the two of them together. His eyes lock upon the warforged for a moment and seem to just then stare into space. Unreadable.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 295 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Mon 19 Oct 2020
at 18:49
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
The dwarf looked at fenris, the cold stare as he then shifted the gaze elsewhere, and the dwarf sighed audibly...not one of anger or frustration, but resignation. He looked at the cleric and smiled

"I am happy for ye....both. Ter find someone to trust and love is a rare thing. I just hope ye hold on to it tight and it helps ye grow."
Fenris
 NPC, 64 posts
 H80/80, AC: 17/19 Rage
 F: +8, R: +5 (+7), W: +2
Mon 19 Oct 2020
at 19:16
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
No motion comes from the elf. Its hard to tell if he is even alive unless he stares at you and even then its still hard. He looks down at the dwarf. Staring. Motionless.
Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 256 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 20:01
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
"Thank you Brankx, thank you very much!" she said with a sincerely warm smile, then turned her attention to the motionless elf barbarian. Impulsively, she pressed her lips to his in an intensely loving kiss. "Beloved Fenris, lets go to see Lars and find out what he wanted to say to us about the Cult of the Dragon and the Mind Flayer."
Ballast
 Fighter, 200 posts
 HP 65/65, AC: 22
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +3
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 02:30
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
Ballast had spent the two days carving little boats for the children of the town, circling the perimeter to see if anyone had seen Cumarinda or Fenris, and aiding in any repair needed in homes or businesses.  He certainly had enough knowledge of blacksmithing to offer some advice, and enough strength to lend a hand.  He was concerned about the priest and their barbarian, but both were competent people.

When they returned and Cumarinda put forth her list of rules, Ballast only nodded.  It seemed far more logical to him than most other flesh-folk interactions.

"Names are important; of course I will use them. I do not know many jokes or expressions, so it is harder for me to use them than to not use them.  I have found you all to be good battle companions, and friends, if that does not offend you.  And good wishes upon your joining," Ballast says, a warm tone to his voice.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:49, Thu 22 Oct.

Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 257 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 08:24
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
"Thank you Ballast!" the young cleric added with a smile as the party headed off to see Lars.
Fenris
 NPC, 65 posts
 H80/80, AC: 17/19 Rage
 F: +8, R: +5 (+7), W: +2
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 13:04
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
The elf seems somewhat surprised as the cleric kisses him. He moves from the wall, glancing at the dwarf and then to the warforged. So silent, not a word spoken. Its almost eery. He keeps himself between the cleric and the others, pulling his hood up and hands slips into his cloak.
Ballast
 Fighter, 201 posts
 HP 65/65, AC: 22
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +3
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 13:37
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
Apparently Fenris would continue to communicate through expressive gestures, which was really no change than before, but hopefully there would be less chance of explosive confrontations now that appropriate rules of behavior had been decided upon.

"Your happiness together is not mine to dictate, but if you have joy together, then it is good," Ballast said simply, and walked with the others to speak to Lars about their myriad of potentially lethal problems they had to deal with.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 515 posts
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 22:28
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
The barbarian isn't expressing well anything. Stone cold. Fenris just keeps staring at the dwarf and warforged perhaps expecting trouble. He seems calm but hard to tell. The group go to where they are to meet up and the door opens. Standing there is Lars. He looks at them for a moment, pausing and motions for them to enter. The man sits down with his family member, crossing his hands over the table "You both look different." He watches Fenris and the cleric "And yes I heard about the incident. All of you are glad I did not go. Trust me."

Fenris again leans against the wall directly behind Cumandria. His cloak is drawn up and he is silent of course. No words come from him.

Lars adjust his tunic "Now then I assume you want to know more of the Peak? I have not been there but I do know some things of the Mind Flayer. They go for power and are hungry. Hungry for this." He taps his head "The flesh of the brain. Savor it. And they will attack when you least expect it so be weary. And never alone unless they got the upper hand. They are rather powerful, using their minds to their advantage. Easily they can stop you in your tracks. I am unsure how it will effect you warforged." He leans back in his chair "But they are very tricky. I have heard they can take all of you down with a single thought-some sort of vast ray. Levitate. Upon other abilities-using one or a few against eachother. Do not allow it to get close for if it does, you will be in its control and possibly dead within a few minutes."

The warrior doesn't move still.

"I have travelled back to my home, and was with the mayor and the smith. A way to return here if you have little choice. It is a deadly creature. The others-the Cultists I know little of. I do not know if they are in league but most likely they are." He rubs his chin "If going after him, some will not return but I hope when you see him you will be successful." He pulls out a orb and places it in front of the cleric.

Fenris lowers his hood, staring at the orb. His eyes glance up at Lars and he just nods. The mage glances at the barbarian, perhaps studing him for a moment and looks at the others "Silent and deadly but anger lies within. Control it." He looks at Brankx "Powerful but you must leaned to rely on the others." He glances at the warforged "Something is deep within you. You wish to unlocked it. Interesting." And he stops on the cleric "Your god will not always be with you. Trust your judgement."

The man grabs his staff "What say you? Will you stop this mind flayer? Stop the hordes and the dragon? Speak up." His attention falls on the barbarbian.

All he gets is a simple nod from Fenris. He moves towards the cleric, resting a hand over her shoulder.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:30, Thu 22 Oct.

Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 296 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 23:04
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
Until now, Brankx was silent, thinking on some unknown thought. His gaze went to Fenris and Cumarinda every so often, then to lars as he spoke. At his comment, the dwarf scowled, but simply nodded...in recent days the same relevation had occurred to him as was voiced by the man.

The dwarf tapped his chin as he thought. "If what ye say is true, our path is truly perilous. Creatures that devour minds, a wyrm, and an unknown cult, all formidable in their own right. I can not speak fer the others, but I am willing to help ye. As to who we move upon first, i wait until i hear from th' others"
Ballast
 Fighter, 202 posts
 HP 65/65, AC: 22
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +3
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 02:33
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
"Of course. We did not survive the first dragon attack, the assaults by the sahuagain and undead, and the other trials we faced to see this village harmed by anything else," Ballast said.  He was curious about what Lars had said, that he had something else locked inside him.  It was a comforting thought.

"I am not certain how this mind-flayer's powers will affect me, but if it is a coward who seeks to strike from afar and use the fighters around it to insulate it from attack, then we attack from a distance, or from ambush as much as we can.  If it can move through the air, then I shall have to make certain I obtain a bow before we go seek it, so I can put as many holes in it as I can before it can bring its own abilities to bear upon us."
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 297 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 04:02
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
The dwarf smiles at Ballast. "Trust me....i have a few spells that may help wth that as well."
Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 258 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 20:29
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
Cumarinda listens intensely to Lars' words, her smile fading away with each word used to describe the Mind Flayer. By the time Lars speaks directly to the individual members of the party she seems as silent and grim as Fenris. While nodding she near whispers her gratitude, “Thank you, Lars. I will try to use this gift wisely.”  Later, a momentary glimmer of terror shines in her eyes when the mage tells her that her god won't always be with her.  She closes her eyes and shakes her head silently as if refusing to accept such a possibility. When Lars' hand comes to rest on her shoulder, she swallows and then gazes into his face with a smile slowly spreading across her own as she replies, “I will not, can not lie about this, considering facing such a creature frightens me. Yet, I know it needs to be done and with the help of my companions and the Sun Father, I will face this fearsome creature, the dragon, and the others with faith we will prevail. Yes, I will go and fight!”
Dungeon Master
 GM, 517 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 00:22
Re: (IC) The Village of Korthos
The man is silent. He crosses his arms, sword and bow over his shoulders. Fenris doesn't seem impressed or anything at all. Just a cold stare at Lars, and then glances at Brankx. His attention then goes to the warforged and puts his hands upon the cleric shoulders almost protectivaly.

Lars leans back "Believe what you want. So is there anything else? The smith has a few things that can aid you."

The man glances over to his family member who in turn places near them some bread and stew as well as some simple apple cider.