(IC) The Village of Korthos.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 7 posts
Tue 6 Nov 2018
at 04:07
(IC) The Village of Korthos

The group awakens upon the shore of a unknown island. Wreckaged is strewn about within the cold ocean and upon the beach. As the group tries to find their things, it is inevitable they are all that survived on the ship that was destroyed by a white dragon. The ship rests out in the ocean, destroyed.

Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 21 posts
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 23:19
(IC) The Village of Korthos
Brankx opens his eyes, feeling the sand all through his beard and eyes. He felt like he had been drinking for a week, but knew that hadn't happened. His whole body ached, his head pounded and he didn't know where he was.

....then he remembered the ship and the dragon.

The dwarf groaned as she rolled over, looking up the sandy beach, his dark grey robe was caked with seawater and sand, he was just thankful it wasn't his good robes.  Then his eyes widened.....his gear. "By Moradin's beard....I'd just collected all that."

He sat up and sighed, looking around the beach. He stood up, cursing the dragon more for the loss of his things than the destruction. Brushing his robe, he was thankful....he saw several crew frozen and more taken by the beast.

He looked up both directions, seemingly equal amount of debris in each direction, and shrugged. "Can't stand here all day.." he said to himself, and picked a direction and began walking, checking the wreckage for useful items.

As he walked, he muttered, cursing dragons and ships
Fenris
 Wolf Totem Barbarian, 1 post
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 03:10
(IC) The Village of Korthos
A small crate flies by the dwarf! The elf grumbles, his entire body soaked. Fenris grabs his odd blade, examining for a moment before sheathing it upon his back. He grabs a few more belongings and a backpack which was oddly kept dry.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 22 posts
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 03:23
(IC) The Village of Korthos
Brankx stopped as the crate flew past, frowning at the elf. "Damn me elf....Ye have an arm on Ye, but will Ye try not to squash me!"

He walked over to him, noting his staff on the sand. He smiled doubled when he recognised the chest, turned over next to it. He grunted as he flipped over and opened the chest. He looked to the sky with a smile. "Damn Ye Moradin....ya still watchin' over me!" He removed his pack, rummaging and pulled out a oilskin wrapped book. He opened it and kissed the book....his grimore, his most prized possession, was intact.

He looked at the elf, shouldering his pack and grabbing his staff. "At least I can use me magic"
Fin
 Rogue, 10 posts
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 18:27
(IC) The Village of Korthos
Coughing up brackish seawater, Fin pushed against the sandy beach.  His elbows locked, unsteadily holding his torso up and away from the cold ground.  Lifting his head slowly, he scanned the area as he sat completely up on his knees.

His mind swirled, trying to recount the events which ended with his regaining consciousness.  He was soaked to the bone and sore, but otherwise appeared to be uninjured.  Seeing Brankx and Fenris moving brought a slight grin to his thin lips.  At least I'm not alone, he thought.

One leg at a time, Fin stood up with some effort.  Growing up in Sharn, he was more than accustomed to walking long distances on a daily basis ... but swimming was never one of his preferred activities and his muscles were strenuously objecting.  As he started toward the others, his foot caught one of the straps of his backpack.  Lifting up the worn leather satchel, he dumped what water he could out of it and then slung it on his back.

Waving weakly to the others, he once more started toward them.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 23 posts
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 23:16
(IC) The Village of Korthos
Brankx smiled as fin waved and made his way towards the two of them. He looked at Fenris with a raised eyebrow. "Quite a group we are....a dwarf who uses magic, an elf who fights like a dwarf and a waterlogged thief!" The dwarf shook his head and chuckled. "At least Ye will have someone to talk to other than me elf....on the boat I thought at times you might throw me over herself."

He brushed more sand from his robe, then looked up. "But we better think of shelter, food and water or we won't last long."
Fenris
 Wolf Totem Barbarian, 2 posts
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 13:43
(IC) The Village of Korthos
The elf stares at the dwarf. He growls and moves towards him, hands turned into fists. Fenris looks down upon the dwarf, eyes narrowed."Do not call me elf. Fenris." He turns to glance at the rogue and steps back. Leaning down he grabs a few more of his gear.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 25 posts
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 20:26
(IC) The Village of Korthos
Brankx holds his hands up, eyebrows raised. "No offence intended el.....Fenris." The dwarf closed his eyes, almost making the same mistake he had, innerly chastising himself. He took a breath and opened his eyes looking at Fenris.

The dwarf shouldered his pack, making a mental note not to upset the warrior...elves were usually easy going and joyful, and Fenris was not much like any he knew (not that he knew many), but even though he had never seen him fight, he didn't doubt his conviction and passion from the brief time he knew Fenris.

Brankx innerly scolded himself again, realising he was doing what others had with th him.....judged the elf by his race, and not his own abilities. Brankx decided he would trust the warrior in his skills.

He looked at Fenris. "Not much for outdoors myself. If ya have any ideas other than find shelter and salvage what we can from this wreck, I'm all ears"
Fin
 Rogue, 11 posts
 Half-elf rogue
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 20:27
(IC) The Village of Korthos
Fin managed a weak smile at Fenris and Brankx as he staggered up to them.  "And a jolly good time was had by all," he said flatly as he scanned the skies over the beach for any sign their assailant might be circling.  His eyes settled on the remains of their ship which lay nearly on its side in the bay.  "Can't wait to get back to civilization and submit a glowing review of our journey to the Korranberg Chronicle."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 54 posts
Sat 9 Feb 2019
at 03:17
(IC) The Village of Korthos
The group finds a nearbye path after gathering their things. Fenris watches some of the people who had died and looks down as if defeated. He turns and heads along with them. After a few hours, they come across a village. There's several buildings, some are two stories. All seem to be made of wood. Some villagers move about seeming unaware they are being watches. Most seems to be human but from here its hard to tell.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:48, Tue 19 Feb 2019.

Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 27 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2019
at 08:19
(IC) The Village of Korthos
Brankx, suprised to see a village, looks on with mouth slightly agape. "eh...didn't expect that." he turns, looking at them both and shrugged. "Maybe they know a way fer us to get home. Maybe they can tell us about that damn cursed wyrm that stranded us here too."

The dwarf started for the village, shouldering his pack.
Fenris
 Wolf Totem Barbarian, 3 posts
Fri 15 Feb 2019
at 15:03
(IC) The Village of Korthos
The barbarian growls and watches the wizard but decides to get in front of him. He doesn't bar his path. Fenris eyes narrow as they approached the village. He glances at the rogue.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:04, Fri 15 Feb 2019.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 56 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 03:14
(IC) The Village of Korthos
As the group gets closer it looks like a more funcinal village. It even has a graveyard as well with a woman standing there by some sort of tomb. Several buildings are visible. And there's a port with a ship off in the distance.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 28 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 06:22
(IC) The Village of Korthos
Brankx visibly smiles at the sight of the ships. "By moradins beard....they have ships!" He claps his hands and looks ahead to Fenris. "Never been happier to see a ship." He walks on, staying behind the warrior.
Fin
 Rogue, 12 posts
 Half-elf rogue
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 15:29
(IC) The Village of Korthos
Following Fenris and Brankx, Fin paused as the village came into sight.  He likewise felt the enthusiasm which the wizard expressed, but something seemed OFF about what the rogue could see.

As the other two started walking again, Fin remained still and hissed under his breath, "Are you sure you just want to go walking into that village?  Given what we just went through, wouldn't a touch of caution seem ... I don't know, warranted perhaps?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:06, Tue 19 Feb 2019.

Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 29 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 22:09
(IC) The Village of Korthos
The dwarf, despite his intelligence, didn't think that the village might not welcome strangers, and with the thought implanted in his mind, he paused, and turning, looked at fin. "Guess Ye be right. I think the ordeal and seeing th' ships got me excited. What do Ye think?"
Fenris
 Wolf Totem Barbarian, 4 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 21:41
(IC) The Village of Korthos
A grunt comes from the barbarian. He glances at the dwarf and changeling, shrugs and goes back to watching the village. He then starts to head towards the village cautiously after all the groups been threw.
Fin
 Rogue, 15 posts
 Half-elf rogue
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 23:26
(IC) The Village of Korthos
Tired from their trek to the village, Fin thought for a moment and then shook his head.  "It's probably just my imagination running wild," he said with a bit of a grin.  "I'm thinking what you're thinking," he said to the wizard as he followed Fenris, "and hopefully that ship will be able to take us either back to where we started or away from here."

"Anyway,"
he continued as he walked, "just the sight of the ship seems to suggest the locals are accustomed to seeing strangers, so the danger is likely minimal."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 59 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 20:17
(IC) The Village of Korthos
As the group enters the town, a young woman approaches then from the graveyard. She looks to be rather upset. Coming outside, is a elderly man rubbing his chin. He looks to be human and goes over to them. Before she can speak, he nods his head."Welcome to Korthos Village. I am the mayor. What brings you here?"
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 30 posts
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 02:47
(IC) The Village of Korthos
The dwarf looks at the others with a smile, then speaks to the human. "Thanks fer your welcome. My name be Brankx, a humble practioner of the arcane, and my friends here are Fin and Fenris. We were setting sail on a ship a few nights back when we were attaked by a dragon, We awoke on the shore not long ago. I can honestly say, yer village is a sight. Would apreciate a place to stay, a meal, and a drink. "

He looked around the town with a smile. "Quite a beauitful place ye have here. perhaps ye can help us....do ye know anything of a dragon in th' area?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 60 posts
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 23:46
(IC) The Village of Korthos
The mayor rubs his chin and the woman sighs as they speak. He raises a hand to her to wait."There be a good place to stay at the inn and a meal. But may cost you. I will pay for it but I ask of you to do some things and to deal with that dragon. There be a mage that can aid but he is some distance off. An' you will have to deal with somethings happening in the crypts below this village. Oh and aid for someone within that's injured. What say you? Will you aid us? We got few guards now and this place does need a helping hand."

The barbarian grunts, watching them. He glances at the woman, who has her head lowered to the ground.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 31 posts
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 00:35
(IC) The Village of Korthos
The dwarf looks at Fenris and Fin, clearly waiting for any indication from either, but turns and speaks to the mayor again. "We have little gold, but if ye willing to pay fer a meal and lodging fer some jobs, i'm all fer it. I can't speak fer the others here though."

He sighs and looks at the mayor in his eyes. "But first....Tell me of this wyrm, th' mage ye speak of and of these crypts."
Fin
 Rogue, 16 posts
 Half-elf rogue
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 17:58
(IC) The Village of Korthos
Fin listened quietly as Brankx and the mayor exchanged pleasantries.  The mayor's offer of lodging in barter for some work also interested the rogue and so he nodded his assent when the wizard looked his direction.

"Also," he quickly interjected when Brankx was finished speaking, "we'd like to allow the woman to speak.  Go on," Fin encouraged her, "what say you?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 61 posts
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 21:41
(IC) The Village of Korthos
The mayor speaks."I heard it lies upon the mountain, some distance off. In a cave but none has seen it and returned. Now iffn you will aid us, we have something that protect this place from it."

He nods to the woman and she speaks up."My family owns the crypt. Strange things had been heard coming from it. But hard to make out what. I've been there some time in the past and it was quiet. If you do not mind would you check it out?"
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 32 posts
Sun 3 Mar 2019
at 10:58
(IC) The Village of Korthos
Brankx sniffs and looks at fin. "Wyrms are a lot ter mess with. We will need help on that overgrown lizard." He scratches his chin. "Maybe that mage can help us. Me bein' a magic user myself, I wouldn't mind talkin' to him anyway.....professional courtesy and a possible ally and someone I can trade with" Brankx learnt quickly that most magic users were willing to trade in magic, something he could use.

Looking at the others, he shrugged. "But if th' wyrm keeps his distance from Ye town, I suggest maybe we look into Ye crypt first"